Search found more than 1242 matches

Return

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

matt35 wrote:Haha wondered who'd be the first to clutch that straw! Not a bad crowd for 8th v bottom on a Saturday afternoon!

Yeah Saturday afternoon, what a crap timeslot for a game of SANFL footy :roll:
by daysofourlives
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and all its trimmings

Surprise surprise Dangerfield gets a career threatening injury again in the last quarter ;)
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling!

Ah! I came across to this thread because I was just thinking of this exact scenario! It's probably not the most likely scenario, but still in the mix! This did actually play out back in 2003, where both AFL sides had home finals in the first week, but if I am remembering correctly the SANFL finals did not start until the week after. This is another problem with bringing the SANFL finals forward, because the issue of two AFL finals in Adelaide is always more likely to happen in week one of the finals than any other week.

Its all because of your AFL club/s that the finals have been moved forward, they cant have some rookie listed Johnny no name and the rest of the plodders in the SANFL reserves team start their 8 weeks holidays in October when the the best 22 are all done and dusted in week 1 of the AFL finals or even better are not playing AFL finals.
Kind of makes it hard to "play to the line" as Trigg calls it
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

Harvey's no different to Lakes, could be argued it was more forceful and with his terrible record (has a 40% loading) should get 5-6 weeks. Alot will depoend on if he pleads guilty or not as he gets a 25% reduction if he does.
He may as well of had his Mad Monday today on his own which would be quite apt given his selfishness.
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

Pure ladder after round 18, and the end of the minor round:

.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
South.......14..10...0...1244....933....57.14
Eagles......14..10...0...1245...1038....54.53
Sturt.......14...9...0...1200....926....56.44
Norwood.....14...8...0...1094....878....55.48
North.......14...7...0...1202...1229....49.44
Central.....14...7...0....963...1016....48.66
West........14...3...0....925...1236....42.80
Glenelg.....14...2...0....823...1440....36.37

Congratulations South Adelaide, pure minor premiers for 2014. The Panthers were the best performed team in games between evenly-matched dinkum teams.

In light of this development i think we should adopt the EPL system.
Well done South 2014 Premiers!!!!
Great reward for a "NO" club
by daysofourlives
Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2014

daysofourlives wrote:amazingly i enter sunday with a good chance of knocking off the great Duro Dep, 50/50 at this point

went down by about 22 i think, Hanley getting Crowleyed killed me
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Predictions.

Norwood def Sturt
South def Eagles

Norwood def Port
South def Sturt

South def Port

South def Norwood

Justice will prevail
by daysofourlives
Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: adelaide oval SANFL experiance

Can a mod fix the spelling on the title of this thread please?
Call it OCD if u want but it's driving me insane
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

From an outsider looking in this league's board never ceases to amaze with their logical thinking ;)

So Euchunga were meant to have a final and do all the planning around that only to be told a week before they dont have it anymore and on the other hand Mt Barker now have one week to organize hosting a final.

Pure genius.

Hope Euchunga win the flag and make a mockery of the relegation system
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

No mention of this game on Ch 9 news, how bout Ch 7 news?
Increased interest and coverage my ass
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

No mention of the superior fitness of the professionals by Chinever.

This is making me quite ill watching this crap
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

Why are they playing the Sydney song?
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

bennymacca wrote:still no Light Pass in the A2s?

Id rather have the bye ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

woodublieve12 wrote:players should now feel safe to bump a bloke 15m away from the ball and head high... :lol:

Im sure Goodes and Franklin will put that to the test this week
by daysofourlives
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Lewie just dropped a bombshell on MMM, that Ryder & Carlisle may plead guilty to the charges, cop their 3 week suspensions & then activate their duty of care clauses in their contracts & leave. Ryder to Brisbane & Carlisle to Hawthorn.

Sounds good to me, Brian can retire and Carlisle can play key back where he wants to play. We wont try and make a forward out of him. Cats can have Frawley
by daysofourlives
Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roos got no hope, they are playing 2 players short with Black and Jacobs out there
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

was great having live scores on sporting pulse today, all leagues should do this. well done APFL.
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No biggie but is the worst display of boundary throw ins you have ever seen?
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

What a great weekend for the wharfie scum.
Cue the trotting out of the we are so proud of this group, we never gave up, all that bullshit, you're losers, nobody remembers 2nd or 3rd
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

On a day when many eyes were focused on Hawk Cyril Rioli, the Bulldogs, now aligned with the Western Bulldogs and playing their first season as a standalone team in the VFL competition, came from three goals down early in the final term to win by 22 points, 16.13 (109) to 13.9 (87), in front of 23,816 fans at Etihad Stadium.

Rioli had minimal influence on the contest despite a brief spike in the third term and sat out the final term. Box Hill was also suffering from a string of injuries, adding to their lack of rotations which proved costly in the finish.

So despite it being a Grand Final, game on the line and no one on the bench Cyril Rioli sat out the last quarter. Footscray must be stoked with their "win"

This just sums up with what is wrong with the new SANFL in a nutshell.
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Priddis LOL. Gets a nom for being a consistent player over a long period. Lots of the pill but how effectively did he use it? A strong second half of the season gets him over the line, the same for Ellis. No probs with Ward or Libba's gong.

regards,

REB

Gets a Nod for being the best player in the comp for season 2014 and not selected in this bullshit team.
Best player in the umpires eyes.
If you were picking a side to play tomorrow I would think most people would still pick the guys in the AA over him. One reason the Coaches award and MVP is becoming more popular each year. Reckon they are better judges than the umps

thats the problem with the AA team though, it seems to be picked on who is the best player, not who has the best season. first disposals, second clearances, third tackles, that shits all over pendles this year. of course pendles is a better player but thats not the point.

i agree with that last bit, but i wonder the last time that the brownlow medal winner wasnt selected in the AA team?

The last time was Woewodin in 2000
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v woodublieve12

Spargo wrote:Thread title edited for accuracy ;)

Just change it to Good vs Evil. Or 10mill vs 11 mill Or simply Hawks vs *

Only Swans supporters will be going for them, the rest of the nation will be with the Hawks.
by daysofourlives
Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

bennymacca wrote:http://boundforglorynews.com/crows-chairmans-hubris-a-costly-mistake/

Just more of the same dribble thats already been reported
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Best & Fairest Winners

Summerton wins the Power Reserves B+F.

Final Leaderboard

A.R. McLean Medal: Steven Summerton – 331 votes
2. Ben Newton – 298
3. Tom Logan – 244
4. Jake Neade – 196
5. Paul Stewart – 173
6. Kane Mitchell – 160
7. Tom Clurey – 158
8. Brendon Ah Chee – 156
9. Sam Gray – 154
10. Andrew Moore – 140

Hocking stated "We exist to win premierships". Funny that he wasn't saying that a few months back.

The only bloke that is eligible to play every game gets quite a leg up doesnt he!
Id imagine its quite a hollow win, really comes down to him, Krakouer or Bruggeman. Easier than winning a Basketball B&F
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did i read right that Euchunga had a 16 and 17yr old in their A grade premiership team?

Presumably these kids were played because they were at a stage of development that saw them need to be tested at a higher level. Im sure Uchunga could have kept them in the senior colts and maybe picked up the required wins to satisfy the club points system but they put the development of these kids ahead of that.
The whole clubs points system is counter productive to developing talented kids to reach their highest potential IMO.
Successful junior sides is largely do to population which results in more kids of averge ability, it doesnt necessarilytranslate to A Grade standard footballers in the future.
by daysofourlives
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a chance the HFL will drop the interleague game Legsman especially after the success in drew this year. We will still have the bye for the Country Champs, which the hills have no say in because it is inforced by the community football league . An 11 team comp will bring in two extra byes and will drag the season out to long.
Are you sure games cant be played on the country champs weekend. Our country div play that weekend (every year) & so do Southern league who had players representing the southern zone.

I understand the Community Football League has banned any senior country football in SA being played that week from 2015.

How bout the CFL just faaaaaaark off and leave the country leagues alone. Leave it up to the leagues, having a weekend off so 6-8 guys from each league can play in front of half a dozen pigs with their snouts in the trough is a joke.
The CFL is to country footy what the AFL is to the SANFL. Should be rebadged the SANFL/SAAFLCFL
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Roos starting to recruit like Richmond
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

the joker wrote:Phil Walsh has the job

Thats a different spelling to Alistair Clarkson ;)
by daysofourlives
Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Further to that Panther32, if there is promotion/relegation why are some clubs allocated more points? This creates an unfair playing field and not every club has the same opportunity to remain in Central. Shouldnt everyone have the same points where relegation is going to be enforced?
by daysofourlives
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Think this just proves who is running the AFL.
Eddie finally got his way, have no problem with them losing the COLA but not being able to trade WTF.
Swans need to fight this

As GWW said they are still allowed to trade, they just lose COLA immediately if they do.
Cola should have been stopped immediately anyway not phased out like they are doing.
That Karma bus has been great in the last month, long may it continue.
by daysofourlives
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Bugger the cup, this just became the most interesting race of the night
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

The biggest problem I have with these new restrictions is it comes after we lose one of our most important players to Free Agency. If the AFL were a serious organisation and not the joke they are, they could say no new players get COLA, or that we can replace lost players. EXAMPLE ONLY.... If we lose J.Kennedy, K.jack, L.Jetta, C.Bird, and S.Reid to free agency this year, we are only allowed to replace them with draft picks. So we are losing our heart and getting 5 draft picks in place... This doesn't make any sense at all. Just very very disappointing.

Before this "joke" of an organisation came along as u call it, you hadnt won a flag for 72 years and would still be waiting.
You were the spoilt only child in the biggest market for along time, now you have a baby brother that gets all the attention you're throwing a tanty.
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Looks like rumours are ok to be posted but trumours have no place on here.
by daysofourlives
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

bennymacca wrote:No, just keep shit on topic. I'm quite happy for you to troll WUB in the swans thread.

No probs, best you be starting up a Pro AFL in the SANFL thread then.
by daysofourlives
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

The big show should play in any test on the sub continent.

No point bringing Hughes in for Doolan, he is probably one of the worst players of spin in the country
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Big Phil wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Is there a recently delisted AFL player who could be returning home to SA but may not play for his oringal SANFL club?

Tapscott?

I think so, yes.

Well say it in your first post then. Just trying to rack up post numbers?
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

how could any club not be rushing out to pick up delisted crow Lewis Johnston?

what kind of scout would not know of this kids abilities and the unfortunate presence of jpod, walker, jenkins, betts already on the crows forward line which disallowed a place for a pure full forward

demons? richmond? even carlton

Surely you're taking the piss
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Nothing like a sunday session at the pub on a Sunday

What other day do u normally have a Sunday session??
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Misbah brings up his century 3 balls later.
Pakis declare at 3/566
First time in test history that the first 5 batters all made 80+

5 bowlers bowled over 10 overs each went wicketless
BOULT 0/62[26]
SOUTHEE 0/62 [23]
CRAIG 0/126[33]
NEESHAM 0/50 [16]
McCULLUM 0/32 [10.5]
That would be some sort of rarity

Also the disMissAL modes for the 3 wickets
HAFEEZ Caught+ Bowled
SHEHZAD Hit Wicket
ALI Bowled
566 run innings and no Caughts is a rarity

WTF is caught & bowled then MAL?
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Anything to be read onto Kingy's first game of the season coinciding with Frackowski leaving?
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

There should be a population clause put into every points system. ie reduce the maximum points available to the bigger populated clubs.

Say max 9 points for the 2 bridge clubs whilst others have 15 and then adjusted the same way for each on performance
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

Can kind of understand White's tactics, would be hoping to have a dash in the morning and then hope his spinners might be able to rip into us in the arvo. We still are a batter short IMO despite the first innings scorecard, lose a couple early and it could become an intetesting last session

Surely the best way to win a game at AO is to chase down a score in the last innings given that no one (Redbacks excepted) gets bowled out on the last day... hang on maybe they have gone about it the right way
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

I havnt posted in here at all i dont think, but seriously it is time for Berry to go.
We cant accept these performances any more.

An embarrassing loss to NSW with at least 12 1st choice players unavailable followed by this loss to the Vics is disgraceful.

Bringing in McDonald has been as prodcutive as Fleming.
To recruit Cosgrove and then drop him after he performed in the 1st game is mind boggling stuff.

Time to bring Dizzy in
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Saffers - One day Series

FFS women dont belong commentating mens matches, piss em off
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:

Yep sounds like about another 6-7 years of this deal should clear what the Power owes South Australian football
by daysofourlives
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone answer this question?

Why when there is relegation in the HFL do all clubs have different amount of points available for recruiting? Surely everyone has the same so that there is a level playing field especially when the chance of being relegated are increased or decreased depending on how many points.
I hope Euchunga take this further.
There would be a fair sort of argument about the extra points granted to TV by the Board which i would hazard a guess isnt exactly in the spirit of the rules etc much the same as whether finals count or not for relegation

The HFL is an absolute joke, they didnt know what to do with the worst team in SA and now they have one of the best teams in SA playing in a 2nd rate comp.
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Give them all a fair deal and then charge the earth for them to field a side in the SANFL
Probably the way to go to be honest. Seriously the SANFL making 15mil on teams they dont hold licenses for maybe a bit extreme.

Crows up 30%
Power up 60odd%
Sanfl up 33%

on Footy Park
seems about right to me, share it around.

The SANFL has sold the licenses to them for diddly squat, the Crows have free rent, the Power received cash handouts and they peanuts to be part of the SANFL competition.
Swings and roundabouts come to mind
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

when the SAAFL is the next biggest league after the SANFL of course it would represent the state.....country league would be dead with out players going from saafl to fill up the gaps or the leagues would be piss poor with hicks playing in them

There is far more country players plugging gaps in SAAFL than there is amateur league players in the country
by daysofourlives
Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |