Search found more than 1242 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The way Tony Abbott walks, drives me insane!!

It's incredible isn't it, you would've thought an adviser would've beaten that out of him a good 20 years ago.

So embarrassing watching our PM walking around like an ape or a 14yo boy trying to look tough.

Not to mention the most irritating fake smile ever and those big loppers on the sides of his head, the whole package makes him a dead set flog
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Pretty sure the judge was saying ASADA wasted the court's time on this matter, nothing to do with Essendon or the case against them.
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

heater31 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Also need to find a decent partner for Cosgrove while The big ranga is injured. Anyone has to be better than Raphael

No doubt Kelvin Smith is the long term option but he is barely 20.

If there is no doubt get him in there and give him the rest of the season.
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:he dropped 2 sitters now S. Marsh

And he'll back it up with a pair, should never have been selected, just a dud all round.
Odds on to get injured yet too.
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Depends what you class a great atmosphere

When one or both team scores. ;)

Or when Port lose by bugger all. :)

regards,

REB

Two days in a row :D
by daysofourlives
Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:32 straight for you is 64 steps though :). Not that my runup is much longer.

That was back when i used to bowl med's, bout 8 steps
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Haha 20 straight as captain!

Nice work though.

You want a job done right LOL!!!!!!!

32 straight for me one day in partnership with another guy who bowled 29 straight
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2015

The number one ranked team of Division IV, the Adelaide Crows have been promoted to Division III as a result of Trader's retirement. New listing.

1 Adelaide Crows Raymond 52430
2 Duromine Dependent PPLions 51410
3 Zedforce Zedman 50819
4 The Willies brod 50227
5 The Planeteers Pistol Pete 50183
6 The Crack of Trust bd u15 09 50183
7 Daisy's Duds daysofourlives 50134
8 Blighty Teasdale McAlmanac 48643
9 Hodges_Heroes Ba_Hawks 47938
10 OneWinWonders Sorry Dude 47882
11 Razor Cats Andy B 47606
12 Wacky Tigers Brad 47490
13 Hawkers Arch44 46884
14 4 Finger Supper JK 46714
15 Big Als Balls Big Al 45267
16 cobras Dale 42319
17 Toolman Aerie 41758
18 Backyarders pels 37898

This league just got a lot tougher.

regards,

REB

pfft... The Adelaide Crows may score heavily but they dont score more than their opposition all that often ;)
I notice 5 of the top 7 ranked teams are all promoted teams, what has the div been doing? Clearly the promoted teams wont be in this div very long
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Kickinit, Benmac and Gossip Girl would be co-captains. This team would force its way into the grade comp despite there being way too many teams already and whilst they might not be able to guarantee 4000 at their matches, 4000 posts a week is as good as.
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

I reckon Hazxelwood is almost a lock for one of the fast bowling positions, he was excellent in November against Sth Africa
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon is just unlucky he has Haddin behind the stumps, not his fault the selectors have a love affair with Brad.
There would be 100 better keepers to spin than Haddin
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

My squad for the 2015 Ashes England Tour would be:

D. Warner
C. Rogers
J. Burns
S. Smith
M. Clarke
B.Haddin (last Ashes)
J. Faulkner
M. Johnson
R. Harris
P. Cummins
N. Lyon
J. Pattinson
M. Wade
F. Ahmed / A. Agar
R. Carters (Batsman)

Honorable mentions:

M. Starc, J. Behrendorff, S. Marsh, M. Marsh, C. Ferguson, J. Hastings, J. Hazelwood.

Hastings around the mark? Really!!
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Spargo wrote:
Pag wrote:Woolworths, killing the hotel industry.

Never a truer word spoken.

Killing every **** industry along with Coles
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

If it ain't broke no need to fix it.

Whenever u consider changes at the top level you have to work out what will happen in the lower grades hence the system we have now. When we had 10 in A1 we had 4 first X1 teams in A2 and then 4 2nd X1 teams to make up the numbers. These 4 teams went into each season pretty much the best they could was maybe sneak into 4th spot but no hope of a premiership. Also the standard of these 2nd X1 teams fluctuates so much more from season to season and even week to week resulting in outright losses, in some cases in one day. This flows right through to the A3s as well. The bottom four in the A2 would smash the A3 sides.
8 teams is the perfect number for all 2 day grades allowing for 7 one day and 7 two day games

None of the clubs are concerned with a bye, certainly thats what the delegates relay at committee meetings, seems to be only some posters on here.
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

I doubt that anyone from outside of (and probably within) Echunga gains pleasure by reading your posts.
The problem with your opinions and 'solutions' is that they are so Echunga-focused that they are painful for everyone else to read. Take your latest suggestion for the relegation points weighting system as an example... how surprising that you would insist that they MUST reduce the value of a B grade win, considering your club didn't win a single game last season :roll:

I gain enormous pleasure from his posts, he's a breath of fresh air to this otherwise dull and boring competition. Between his common snese approach and the ineptitude of the Board and the other clubs and its poster's of the HFL it makes for great reading.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Someone mentioned Beef cheeks earlier, they are easily the best cut of meat you will ever have and if you are ever anywhere where a pig on a spit is being cooked see if you can snaffle yourself some of the cheeks from the pig, absolutely to die for. Dont be put off by the inch of fat you have to cut off to get to the meat
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

About 3kg of the crunchiest, salty, fatty pork crackling thanks
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

another ridiculous decision by the AFL...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-28/bidding-changes-kneejerk

How so? Seems legit to me
Dont know about 3 picks for Heeney but I reckon your 1st 2 picks would be fair. As Sydney finished so high it is very cheap to get him with pick 18. Wouldnt be complaining if say they had a pick in top 10 and had to use that, that seems fair.
Hope it gets changed very soon, the article mentions Sydney may have this years potential No 1 pick at their academy. That Buddy deal must have really pissed the AFL. Hope he can win you a flag on his own back cos you arnt getting any help anytime soon
by daysofourlives
Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

In the past most tickets are sold long before the general public can purchase
I went to six Anzac Day games in a row, 2006-2011, and got tickets by jumping on the Web as soon as they opened at 8.30 on a Monday morning for the general public.
Yes that has been possible in the past but last year for example there was only 12,000 tickets available for general public. This year the early estimates are that only 5-8k will be available and most of them will be standing areas only
Im lucky ive never had to worry, 3 premium reserved seats again this year

Pfft, your not that lucky Jim,you'll be watching two very average teams play in some sort of glorified match that somehow turns it into a "blockbuster"
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Dreamteam

Failed Creation wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Im in, current Champion i believe from FC's comp last year :D

Me, or the authentic FC?

You mate
by daysofourlives
Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm not chasing you - Pool Swimmers, Jays Jocks, FoxinSo

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Give me the league code for Fox in sox, REB. Work colleague of mine so i'll get onto her.

Cheers.

Is she looking for an overweight, hairy man with plenty of baggage and a small willy?

I'l find my own dates thanks LM don't need your help ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Only because ODIs and T20s weren't around in The Don's playing days ... but if you average out his Test stats over the 3 forms he still beats Samuels :lol:

The blonde don- Steve smith!!

By no means would I call Samuels down as a great or extremely good cricketer, but considering he has played in the worse international side all his career I would hardly call him a hack or a dud

Much worse international cricketers around

In fact even Watson and Michael Clarke don't average 30 over all forms of the game

He is to West Indies cricket what Ferguson is to SA cricket so you're right WHUFC hardly a dud ;)
by daysofourlives
Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flogs from Norf in the 90's

whufc wrote:Brent Harvey

He makes it for the 90's, 00's and 10's
by daysofourlives
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Frank Worral and Ashes Tours

We have some big series coming up, the West Indies and England tours would be a perfect time to blood some untried players giving them an easy baptism before facing the fire of Bangladesh away and New Zealand home
by daysofourlives
Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

This is a waste, two pages that couldve gotten us closer to bringing up the magical double century in the whinge thread
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I think the SANFL has been going down the toilet for years now, and the entry of the Crows into the SANFL has allowed disaffected folks to channel all of their anger into one entity

Either ignorant or trolling.

He doesnt troll, just ask him, he's just very **** ignorant
by daysofourlives
Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Its not too late for someone to tap him on the shoulder now, hope it doesnt come from a 13 yr old girl ;)
by daysofourlives
Tue May 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Glenelg v West @ Glenelg 2.10

when was the last time West kicked 30 goals? or anyone for that matter?

This match, Rd 17 1985:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7iFCgi1c8

West 6.5 12.11 24.17 31.21 (207)
North 3.1 6.4 10.8 16.11 (107)
Richmond, 4677

In the last 19 seasons (1996-2014) Central have done it four times, Eagles once. Last time was Rd 13 2007:

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8647

It's the first time a side has scored 30.9 in a match.

Geez how footy has changed, couldnt possibly imagine any team in this day and age kicking 107 points and losing by 100. 107 would win you 99% of games now
by daysofourlives
Sun May 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 chit chat

Lost my Fantasy match too but on the positive moved up to 367 overall
by daysofourlives
Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFOOTY NAB AFL FANTASY (DT)

Mate no way in hell will i lose to the bottom team this week, should be a 300pt victory at a minimum. There was only 3 teams that scored more than me last week, just unfortunate i was playing one of them, thats why this game sucks. The top 8 point scorers for the week should get the 4 points lol

amongst the carnage last week i still managed to move up to 364 overall.
by daysofourlives
Tue May 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to this game, im hoping we can win but unfortunately i think the Swans will have the fire to get revenge for the embarrassment we caused them last year.
Very hard to split the two teams, even down to the duds, we have Shoenmakers they have Goodes. Wouldnt be surprised if Duryea came in for Shoenmakers.
I think Sydney are way over the odds, im going to have a little dabble H2H and Sydney 40+
by daysofourlives
Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Speaking of blokes in their 40's Matt Doecke plays game number 400 saturday week versus Kapunda @ Angaston. A magnificent achievement and something that hasnt been done before in this league and isnt likely to be repeated. I think he has missed 2 games in his whole career, one of them was for an exam.
by daysofourlives
Wed May 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Yeah, if Daisy ever mentions "the hard times" as a Centrals and Hawks fan through the 00's.... :roll:

:lol:

Was pretty hard watching the Hawks in 05/06
by daysofourlives
Thu May 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by daysofourlives
Fri May 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by daysofourlives
Fri May 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by daysofourlives
Fri May 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Geez go back to the 1st page of this thread, some great judges here :D
Should've had more faith in what a coach from the Al Clarkson Academy can do
by daysofourlives
Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I feel sorry for Kruezer all the booos

Whitest aboriginal I'v seen for along time ;)
by daysofourlives
Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Drivel

A question on the VC loophole this week.
I know once the round starts the bye round players are locked in and most will fill your bench spots.
However, can I use the loophole to move a non-playing player (from a team that doesn’t have a bye) and make him captain, which therefore sets up an emergency player and that score is in my top 18, will the emergencies score count? Another complication is that I will have more than 18 on the field that will score

All the bye round players are free to do as you like for the whole round.
My understanding is your best 18 score, if say in your forward line you have 5 playing, one as non playing as F6 captain for loophole and one playing on the bench as emergency if his score is in your best 18 it counts. Only reason an emergency wont count is if you are full up on the field in that position
by daysofourlives
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Headlines we'd love to see

Goodes Retires, Effective immediately, no farewell game.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Dangerfield auditioning before Clarko tonight, hope he can hit the odd target.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Time for all Port people and the Media to realise that Port Adelaide is just not that good, they have been found out and wanting. Your season is over now go away!!!

When you have people like Rucci writing biased BS stories about Port in the Adelaide media ....We don't have a choice :(
Yes you do. Don't buy the paper.

Or better yet don't believe everything you read, like the players obviously have
by daysofourlives
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The last little one..round 13ish

Have to agree with Wayne Carey, whats worse the Gibbs tackle that caused a concussion or the Franklin bump that caught Edwards high but no injury.
IMO and Carey's Franklin's is worse but I reckon he wont get a game. At worst he will get one. (If he was still at the Hawks it would be 3!!)
He will get 1-2 the wowsers dont like any contact in the sport

Just looked at the draw, he will get 2 max, they play the Hawks in Sydney in 3 weeks, AFL wont want him missing that game
by daysofourlives
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez I dont like Taylor Hunt much but he couldve made himself my all time favourite player if he had of decked Goodes at quarter time.
Footy on the big stage, Friday night, whats Goodes's look at me moment going to be tonight??

The squirrell grip it is. Cant wait to hear the background of that long held Aboriginal tradition!
by daysofourlives
Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Hawks opening it up now, couple of frees from goals thanks to Puopolo ducking

Turn it up Jim, shit tackling technique just putting one arm out
by daysofourlives
Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

You neglected to give the SAAFL a mention in your post B&S.
IMO alot of this has been driven by them, clubs in the amateur league are just that.
They dont in alot of cases have the financial backing a country club/town does. They make alot of noise about country clubs recruiting their stars for more coin. Then they whinged about country clubs recruiting their "B" graders as they were no points and had the rules around that changed. What they fail to acknowledge is all the young lads they pick up from the country who move to town for study/work for no points.
There will never be a two way street in all this while the power base is city orientated.
by daysofourlives
Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sub Rule

What about having no interchanges, only subs?
ie once you go off the ground you're out of the game.
Would definitely slow the game down and force players into more stay at home traditional positions.

Could you imagine supercoach, you might have 12 subs in your side on any given weekend

Yeah because Supercoach should dictate how the overall game is played
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |