Search found more than 1242 matches

Return

Re: AFL 2020 Season

why dont they pay players all the same amount, lets say 60 or 70k for the year? Still has to be some sort of provision for those on backloaded contracts. Maybe they can be paid outside of the cap in the future when things turnaround.

Why?
Theres no provisions if you lose your job though in the real world. Some of these blokes have taken well unders for 3-4 years at the request of the club. They are owed back pay in effect and are entitled to collect it, maybe not currently but over the coming years most definitely
I dont care what they have done in the past or whats due to them in the future, its about survival. They are all contributing exactly the same to the game at the moment. The rookie listed player and the superstar should be getting a survival payment and thats it, they are still better off than most.
by daysofourlives
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Ok so what am i missing here?
My football club (Angaston) is all run by volunteers, the coach and players get paid if they play football.
The clubrooms are only open on a Sunday morning outside of Football which now cant happen.
If they are not running a football side they have very minmal costs, bit of electricity to keep the fridges running, maybe a token amount to council for oval hire which i imagine will be waived.
To me its just an extended off season where there is no income anyway.

I simply cant see how an amateur club would go under from not having footy for a season?
by daysofourlives
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In breaking news, we are moving to online teaching from Wednesday next week and asking students to stay at home unless they cannot have their child adequately cared for otherwise.
We'll find out how much is involved in online teaching Wednesday I guess. Look forward to seeing if you still have time for 10000 posts a day.

Sorry, just a two minute break to reply to this comment:

For starters, I am officially on sick leave, awaiting Covid-19 test results.
Secondly, I prepared and taught an online Accounting lesson this morning.
Thirdly, I would normally only be at school from 9:55am until 12:05pm today - my part-time day (only 0.73FTE)
Fourthly, I was working until 4:00am last night
Fifthly, I have drafted 11 assignments already today
Sixthly, apart from my online lesson, this is my only contact with the outside world - fourth day of self-isolation!
You responded to this before. Unnecessary to respond twice. U going for the posting record?

You have 3 times as many posts as him in 3 years less
Let that sink in for a minute before you respond with another unnecessary post ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Once again Booney attacks people for having a different opinion to him, he thinks he is the authority on everything that is discussed on this forum, its actually quite laughable that someone can be such an ignoramus to think that his is the only opinion that is correct.
Its quite alright for people to wish for a SANFL without the Magpies and Crows, You cant blame people for getting a little bit excited that it might actually happen due to the rona and we can return to a comp on a level playing field.
by daysofourlives
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Log in,post, log out, log Back in post. :lol:

Nail on the head, least his arguing with himself keeps us entertained
by daysofourlives
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just keep the over 70s locked up, the rest of us can go back to normal. Its what shouldve happened to start with along with control of people entering Australia.
Im amazed the figures arent higher given the amount of people out shopping here in the barossa every day. We are meant to be a high risk cluster but thats obviously not the case. Something isnt adding up.
Get the AFL back on
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have heard of nurses being laid off and on reduced hours because there are no patients.

Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed. Speaking of the Lyell Mc only, all casual nurses have been told there is no work and permanents have been encouraged to take A/L. Currently 3 wards closed there.

Nobody is going to hospital unless its an emergency or they think they have Corona. Once this is over all the hypochondriacs out there can resume there social outings and get back to overcrowding our health system.

How is this helping anyone?
I cant help but think that this is only worse than other outbreaks over the years because of the effects of social media. We are being played by the Chinese government who has the WHO in their pocket.
by daysofourlives
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

And Daisy pinches it!!

1st bet for the day 2, working on the theory i was due to pick a winner
by daysofourlives
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Staggered that people keep downplaying it

Don't be too staggered, it's effected HIS way of life.

Been dealing with this stuff a bit online today from some mates .. The fact we're doing OK in SA seems to trivialize the issue for many. I get the economic concerns for the future and dont dispute them, but for me it has to be people first.

Do you realise that with a failing economy you get more deaths right?
To say you're putting people first is false. You're voting to prevent covid deaths in the hope that we don't get unemployment deaths later on.

Not sure if you saw 60 minutes last night but they had a guy on there that explained it fairly well.

He gave the example of road deaths. You could set the death toll to zero if you changed the speed limit to 5km/hr, but we don't, we choose to allow some people to die for the benefit of reduction in transport times. The same goes for covid, we need to find an acceptable level of covid deaths and get on with it.

Some people don't like speaking about death, it's too confronting for them. Other people are able to compartmentalise it and make a rational decision.

100,000 people have died from covid world wide. In that same period, over 20million people have died.
100,000 sounds like a massive number, but in the context of 20 million, it's not that significant.
Finally someone else that gets it
And that 100,000 is very likely exaggerated and incorrect. Its a figure of people who died with Covid19 not because of covid19
by daysofourlives
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could there be a release of restrictions that could allow the SANFL to get going before the AFL? Maybe borders still shut but a release on gathering numbers? Seems SA is doing well containing this virus.

Sounds like the AFL are talking about a 3 week pre-season once restrictions are pulled, so if the SANFL don’t muck around, they could at least get 3 weeks in with no AFL. Hopefully there is a chance of this happening and crowds being allowed to attend and we could see the SANFL steal the limelight for a short time at least.

Unfortunately, absolutely dreaming Aerie!!

If, and its a very big if, SANFL does get season 2020 up and running, will be with no crowds for any games.

Yep unfortunately i reckon the AFL is the only comp that will any footy in 2020.
There is absolutely no point in SANFL, Amateurs or Country footy playing without crowds, that is definitely going to send clubs broke with no income but player payments to fork out
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Jones did a batting session with the Redbacks batters once when Berry was coach. Told them they shouldn't wear their thigh pads on the outside of their shorts/trackies at training because they don't in games. Maybe that's what the Redbacks are doing wrong.....wearing their thigh guards inside their pants! ******* genius
It is a massive pet hate watching juniors do it in games.
I just say to them the next time Steve Smith wears it on the outside in a Test match you can too
by daysofourlives
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Ive always found the kids that develop into the best cricketers later on have the best defence, they may not set scoring records as a junior as generally they dont have the strength. Maybe that is all changing with small boundaries. Is it all about instilling confidence in the kids?
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

For those that may have missed it, SANFL are streaming this game at 2 pm on Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/226923423990877/posts/3571530706196782/?d=n
Centrals are streaming the 2001 GF at 4pm, make sure you switch over to see some real footy.
OR, I could just watch that game from 1975 straight afterwards for some great footy!! ;)
OR the 08 GF :D
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about we all go about our business and open up pubs and restaurants, and ease numbers for gatherings.
Keep the borders closed and 14 day quarantine for that but we have had bugger all transmissions since the whole saga began that can be classed as local transmission. The hysteria doesnt match the reality
by daysofourlives
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

It will 100% only be 8 teams this year, there is no way anyone on an AFL list will be able to mix with the plebs from the SANFL with their quarantine hubs they will set up.
If we are lucky that will continue into next season
by daysofourlives
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crickets from the Oracle on the debt subject, says it all
by daysofourlives
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

14 active
At the moment, this is the number that interests me the most.. once that reaches single figures then zero i'll get more excited.

I dont get the fascination with the active cases, surely these 14 people are locked up at home and pose absolutely no threat to anyone. Now 8 days without a case and we are still locked down. Its quite clear and has been for a long time that there is very little community spread, most cases were introduced by foreigners amongst themselves.
I think now its the just the government seeing how long they can keep all the sheep locked up before there is mutiny.
The media campaign is now moving into 2nd and 3rd wave and Flu season as i predicted about 3 weeks ago.
Time to catch up with a few people and get on the cans i reckon
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
JK wrote:Farg me what a pig of a day! Punting gods having a good laugh today

just gor out of the poo on Bella Vella

More Than Exceed saved me

I backed both of these, 25 on More than exceed, 20 on Bella Vella, Didnt have any other collects, fair to say i went from suicidal to on top of the world
by daysofourlives
Sat May 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would Port not be in the SANFL this year and going forward? Any list reductions are speculative and wont be happening immediately anyway even if they come to pass. The members want Port to stay and the club has stated they want to stay. The position seems quite clear.

All 500 of you?
Typical response from Port fans, no mention of how they might fund it, they just put their hand out like they have always done and the money just magically appears
by daysofourlives
Mon May 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Anyone ever been to a funeral and celebrated a birthday instead? Strange lot those folk down at Alberton.
Dancing on the grave anyone :D
by daysofourlives
Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Ive tried MT79's pork belly in the air fryer about 6 times in 3 weeks now, amazing pork crackle every time, easy to cook.
by daysofourlives
Tue May 12, 2020 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Gonna give this a whirl tomorrow MT79!

Thanks! I think I love you! :X

Two weeks ago foodland had pork belly for $7/kg. They were in nice little 1kg packs, perfect size for the air fryer. I purchased 6 of these little critters, having the last one tonight, still not sick of them
by daysofourlives
Wed May 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This pretty much sums it up

Covid-19 is an AMAZING virus. Key features:

- cured influenza, measles, heart disease, cancers and most other diseases and abolished 'death from natural causes'...

- it’s a smart virus, highly virulent in parks, pubs, churches and schools, the gym and on beaches...

- has no effect on the thousands of employees who work at Kmart, BigW, Target, Bunnings.... and especially in liquor stores...

- the virus seems to target mostly mum and dad businesses and barbershops, who always have much fewer customers walk through their doors...

- the virus also targets our food chain, since it managed to close meat packing companies, and forced farmers to discard their harvest in record time... (USA)

- construction and supermarket workers have a natural immunity, but would obviously still need to be vaccinated...

- also, police uniforms hold the cure for the virus... no social distancing, not even masks are needed, as long as you wear a police uniform...

- it doesn't affect children, except for a few who got it... same with animals...

- also, imposing mandatory cloth masks to prevent too much oxygen to people's brains, and spraying beaches and streets with bleach, as well as spraying chemical airborne disinfectants from airplanes over densely populated areas have been known to do miracles for people's lungs affected by this strange virus...

- we would need millions of ventilators... unless we suddenly won't need any ventilators...

- and we need to commandeer all private hospitals to keep them open solely for the avalanche of virus victims, and the avalanche of TikTok videos by overworked hero doctors and nurses...

- categorized as an 'invisible enemy', one that can never be definitively beaten and always lurking in the shadows, much like the war on terror...

- it loves New York too - a really cosmopolitain virus...

- there is a Celebrity Strain, and a highly Deadly Strain of the virus...

- even more amazing, in Sweden you can hug your grandkids, yet the UK strain forbids that...

- in India alone, the killer virus managed to lock 1.3 billion people in their homes indefinitely, after decimating 1000 of them, within just a few short months...

- every loss of life from this virus is tragic... however, pushing 150-500 million people into starvation worldwide is a necessary price to pay...

- experts have pointed out that this seasonal virus could easily be defeated by forever abolishing families, individual privacy, untraceable cash money, and all small independent farms and businesses...

- we all may have it by now, yet although asymptomatic, we can still infect people and test negative... or test positive... and our antibodies may, or may not give immunity...

- only a heavily government funded, hastily tested and mandatory vaccine can save us by injecting it in 7 billion people, every year, for a constantly mutating virus, the particular strain of which has long been history...

- also, be careful not to spread fake news or dangerous misinformation online about this virus... make sure you leave that to the professionals over at NBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times and the rest of the reliable mainstream media journalists around the world.
by daysofourlives
Thu May 14, 2020 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Most/all clubs up here in the YP League can’t see the season starting without crowds.
Both the clubs and the league agree on this.
The league get the gate which is around 12k a week and clubs need it for obvious reasons and most importantly the social side of things as most clubs are in farming community’s with no pubs and footy clubs are the only place they can catch up with friends,mates and family.
I’m a footy nut, committee member and coach but I just can’t see a ball being bounced this year.

Have you done the numbers of the gate as 90% of gate takings are from football and netball players, volunteers or direct family members of them whom will still be allowed to attend
In relation to bar and canteen the canteen will still open as do cafes and delis now with takeaway
The bar would more than likely open in July which would be 2-3 games in so hardly crippling
So possibly the bigger issue are players being paid telephone numbers to play who when asked if they would play for the love.....we all know the answer there.

Junior footy will be played, senior footy wont, way too many obstacles.
The SANFL will mandate that nobody gets paid to protect the SANFL since they are having a zero salary cap. As a result of this some clubs in further away leagues will not be able to fill teams as their imported players and locals who return home each weekend will not do the long hours of travel for free. No league or the CFL will want to be responsible for any club folding. Its all in or not at all imo.
by daysofourlives
Tue May 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:My first crack - a little overcooked but it was still very good
pork belly.PNG

If you dont like the crusty hard bit of meat on the bottom, simply leave the black shit from the packaging under your belly.
by daysofourlives
Sat May 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/cf90801ed2ee968599d1fb688ba4b833.jpg
is that still a thing?

I was thinking today gee its been a miracle no one in the hundreds of thousands of people employed in the horse n industry have tested positive for Covid19.
Simply amazing isnt it.
Surely people will start to wake up soon. Now its a pure scare campaign based on absolutely no facts about a 2nd wave or the lets not get complacent speech. Its the equivalent of Hardwick telling his players at 3qtr time in last years GF that the games not over yet or Thompson in 07.
by daysofourlives
Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Media reports that Jack Steven was assaulted overnight and possibly stabbed
Not 100% sure but I read into it as more of a self inflicted injury. As I said, I’m not sure though. An article i read last night did lean that way as well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Sounded to me like he was stabbed by someone and he isnt going to say who. Drug related?
by daysofourlives
Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Potentially looking at making an offer for our first home.

Just wondering what the general protocol is for making an offer for the house.

We obviously want to get it as cheap as possible but not sure what should be a low level first offer.

Subject to finance or do you have that sorted?

We will have it all sorted before we make an offer and have an in-principal loan for the amount we will offer.

If its a home you really want and you can see yourself staying there for a long time then a few grand doesnt matter and make a decent offer, dont lowball, you may lose it. As far as im aware it is not an auction process when making an offer, i dont think you get a 2nd chance especially if someone else has made an offer, give it your best offer. Hope that makes sense. Im sure ill be told if im wrong about the offer process
by daysofourlives
Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Costs and practicalities for volunteers aside, the CFL should just make the decision to pack everyone up until next year to save the fall out of mass clearances when some clubs and associations decide they cannot play and some do play, or some clubs can afford to pay players and some cant.

If players leave a club which isn't playing, to go to one that is playing because they love footy and just want to play, what are the chances they'll all return to the original club the following year? Could be the end of a number of clubs.

or are we holding off on a decision until after clearances close on June 30?

Totally agree. its what ive been trying to say for awhile now.
Its about time the CFL made a decision in the interests of the very organisations it is meant to protect and that includes the whole state. The very weakest leagues and clubs are the ones that need to be protected, if they cant play, no one should play. Up until now all they have been doing is protecting the SANFL and SAAFL.
by daysofourlives
Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Totally agree. its what ive been trying to say for awhile now.
Its about time the CFL made a decision in the interests of the very organisations it is meant to protect and that includes the whole state. The very weakest leagues and clubs are the ones that need to be protected, if they cant play, no one should play. Up until now all they have been doing is protecting the SANFL and SAAFL.

So if some remote leagues, that has different challenges than most, decides on its own not to proceed with its season it should impact the whole state?
exactly, unless as number7 says a freeze is put on clearances out of those laegues or as Yankalilla have done, gone it alone on pulling the pin a freeze should be put on any clearances out of Yankallila.
As you can see it will get very messy, just cancel the whole season everywhere except juniors, they could be playing now. they wouldnt even have to train, they could just play on weekends
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

anyone read Trumps letter to the WHO? Very interesting reading, not only China but the WHO have alot to answer for.
We are very lucky to have Trump fighting these pricks as we all know our government doesnt have the balls
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

on for 10 @ 141
I like SR 7 no6 for a roughie if its Soft in Sydney, currently 67, Noble Joey
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:What are the chances of keeping Carona Man out of this thread for a couple days and more importantly, keep his weight off the 2 roughies :D

Carona Man.... you’re talking shit!

9 fn minutes it lasted ;)

Check your spelling Days.

Ah got it, the Toilet Man as opposed to the Virus Man
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So because some comps have increased their expenses and therefore can't run in a reduced capacity all comps should be punished and the 10,000+ footballers who want to play, can play, won't be allowed to?

As for your comments in relation to the CFL 'doing their duty' and 'protecting country leagues', these country leagues are the very comps who repeatedly thumbed their noses at the CFL and actively pushed back against things like salary caps and or points systems? I'm not surprised if the CFL don't feel protecting their leagues are high on their priority list.
What is their job then? Why were the points and salary cap introduced?
The country leagues all accepted the salary cap and points system, they didnt want to but they did. they have never thumbed their noses at the CFL.
I can see how you little amateur league clubs, alot with no juniors and with no more than 50 in attendance cant comprehend what country clubs are facing. Or that they need to buy players just to be competitive never mind about winning a flag. The difference in sizes of towns within each country league makes this a necessity
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are the chances of keeping Carona Man out of this thread for a couple days and more importantly, keep his weight off the 2 roughies :D
by daysofourlives
Thu May 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Fingers crossed - hopefully you are on the money football tragic and footy can buck the trend and we still get a competition in this year.

Netball was unfortunately never going to proceed as this would effect of the crowds to watch the football
I was told weeks ago netball wouldn't proceed
NSW now allowing 50 into pubs which is closed environment our season will be a definite with spectators
We are 6 weeks away from first game life will look a lot like normal by then.

Youre laughable, who do you reckon you are? You have alot of wonderful information, none of which has come to fruition at all. I would say you have a vested interest in the season going ahead around the state.
Never thought id say this but the women are making the right decision. A sport where no money is involved as a general rule are finding it easy to call the season off.
by daysofourlives
Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

9 Strategic Phil in the last at Sandown on Sunday.

3rd up suits, retains Billy Egan. Getting $9.50 for it at the moment. Think it went around about $8 at Caulfield a few weeks back and this looks easier.

Also loved the run of 13 Flying Sardine ($15) a few weeks back and the 1400m should suit. Stackhouse on board too, who has been going quite nicely.

Each way odds about both but leaning towards Phil back from Metro company.

Thanks OnSong I got on at 6.50
Great work. Not sure what happens with deductions given Spargo boosted to $11.

I got $10 fixed yesterday with my bookie but again, a few came out after that.

I boosted Aidensfield to $2.30 today and a late scratching meant they settled it at $1.60 after deductions .

Deductiuons work like this
On sportsbet website the amount to deduct is at the bottom where the horses name appears as scratched. (couldnt find it on app)
In Stategic Phils race there was 8, 8 and 2 cent deductions. so thats 18cents total in every dollar. I took 9.50, so its 9,5 x 0.18=1.71 so i got 9.5 minus 1.71 = 7.79 Hope that makes sense
Cheers for the tip
by daysofourlives
Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trump has millions, was smart enough to get elected the President of the USA, does what he wants, when he wants, isnt a happy clapper.
Who's the smart one Mr swamp dweller? ;)

I've got a couple of Neville Nobody's on a forum who dislike me, he's responsible for tens of thousands of people dying and the world is laughing at him.

I'm just fine with being me. If you think for a moment I'd swap you should loosen that MAGA hat a little bit.

I guess in your own little mind you are already the President of your fish bowl, well apart from being a little bot for the PAFC propaganda machine :D
by daysofourlives
Mon May 25, 2020 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With an 8 team 2020 competition, will the finals be 5 or 4 teams? With 5 team finals there will be 2 more games than a 4 team finals series which will mean more revenue which the SANFL sadly needs or will the SANFL go for just 4 teams in the final to keep the competition from overlapping the cricket season/AFL finals?
I reckon final 4, you can't have more sides in the finals than not. ffs
I bet they do go for a final 5.
One more chance for Centrals to make it...
Look at you now with your one flag in 30 odd years :D
by daysofourlives
Wed May 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:Sounds like they were driven by the $$$to play. Disappointing.

What bullshit, it sounds like he needs to earn money like everyone else and football will get in the way of that.
by daysofourlives
Wed May 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Country leagues won't go ahead if the salary cap is reduced to $0. Many clubs simply won't have enough players. The big towns with populations will be fine, the smaller towns will most certainly struggle.
Will also struggle to attract umpires if salary cap is reduced as there will be a push for all expenses, umpires, association fees etc to be reduced by the same %.

You're not just a pretty avatar mate, you've gotta feel for those that run the league's, there will be clubs wanting to go ahead, some not, some fence sitters, they can't please everyone.

And this is exactly why all leagues should be cancelled and the decision has to come from those that run football in this state for the best interests of football in this state.
You cant have the haves feasting on the have nots.
There is talk of 3 YP clubs already out, a couple NE clubs out, these are the smaller clubs within their leagues. Comps simply cant be run with some in and some out.
The easiest decision is scrap it all
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My fear is leagues and or clubs who don’t play this season might not have the resources and players to start up again in 2021
Yep this will happen to the clubs that cant play this year if other clubs are allowed to play. You guys in the city clearly dont get it and its pointless discussing it with you.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My fear is leagues and or clubs who don’t play this season might not have the resources and players to start up again in 2021

That won't happen for most country comps, people will always play footy as its the thing to do in those towns. Country clubs will always get players from the city to, money always talks. The issue will be in 2020 there city players won't be coming so might be hard to fill 2 teams. I think it would be good to still play though but a zero salary cap makes it tough on numbers.
Its not just players from the city that are recruited. Its players that have moved to the city for uni etc and are paid a bit of travel money and a little cream on top to keep going back to their local club in the country to keep the club alive.
Far more country blokes end up playing in the city than the other way, another thing the city comps cant get their head around with all their sooking about losing players to the country.
Putting a freeze on clearances would need to happen if footy is to go ahead
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

worth 5ew on the 12. Into 101 now
Will wait for PID to drift, the 26 is too short on what ive seen
by daysofourlives
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Stradbroke Day. My favourite Raceday of the year.
Eagle Farm quaddie;

mine

Like Niccanova
by daysofourlives
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon there is 3 real good chances today that ive multied up @ $22
Hawkesbury
R3-1 California Cible
R8-8 Live and Loaded
Both scratched yesterday in races they were a chance in
Swan Hill
R7-4 King of Hastings
2nd to Prezado at last start is very good form for this
by daysofourlives
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Will be a couple of interesting meetings next week whilst everyone is still in the dark on a few key issues.

Here's some points from the email:
WHAT WE KNOW:

Up to 500 spectators will be allowed from Jul 3. This figure doesn’t include players/coaches/officials; however, any player who is at the ground before or after their game (excepting reasonable warm up time) is included in the 500. ouch, how is this monitored/policed.
Clubs will be responsible for implementing plans to manage spectator numbers. More details to follow on what this might look like.
Clubrooms will remain governed by the regulations that apply to licensed premises, currently 20 per room up to a maximum of 80. Subject to change as restrictions on licensed premises change feasible
There will be no changes to current protocols prior to 3 Jul. Training requirements remain as they are for now.
SAPOL are not actively looking to reprimand clubs (unless they are breaking the law). Clubs are required to have a COVID Safe plan and to adhere to it. If SAPOL identify a club that is non-compliant they will work with the club to address the problem. A club that is subsequently found to still be non-compliant (or simply shows disregard for regulations) may face fines. more volunteers, with added stress of telling people they can't come in the gates because they are full, will need additional volunteers to man the other entry points
SANFL have requested that leagues inform them whether the season will proceed by Wed 17 Jun. There will be another league/SANFL meeting on 22 Jun and a club session on 24 Jun.
Marsh insurance premiums will be reduced. Clubs will be required to pay the $600 liability fee but, where a season is shortened, the player injury fees will be reduced by 22.5%. not a win for anyone
Although not encouraged, players will be permitted to play in 2 teams if necessary i.e. senior colts can play seniors or junior colts play senior colts.
Player payments are set at $0 with exception of travel and incentives.

WHAT WE DON’T KNOW (YET)

Whether change room restrictions will be lifted to enable access to showers and change areas (and whether the whole team can be in there at the same time). outrageous, needs to be addressed before Monday's meeting
Whether there will be any restrictions on canteens that may restrict or inhibit the use of canteen staff and the ways food and beverages are sold/served. surely not, most clubs have a canteen accessible from a verandah and your local Bunnings or Supermarket is a far bigger risk.
Whether gate/canteen is to be cashless. unreasonable
Whether an agreement for reduced payments can be reached with the umpires

WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

If the league voted to conduct a season in 2020, is your club in a position to make a decision on participating with the current information available?
If you aren’t in a position to decide, what information do you need to make a decision?

There's a lot of hoops to jump though and wrinkles to iron out, I expect Wednesdays meeting to be a very lengthy one.

At least country clubs will be familiar with sheep counters which seems an appropriate tool considering how the government want us to behave.
So at 12 30 when the A grade star tturning up, if there is 500 already there they cant get in to play??
Very quiet on the change room front. At this stage cant be used. Next logical step is to be used but with cleaning between games? Makes it impossible to fit 5 games in for the day but its also possible for a player to play 2 games thus defeating the purpose of cleaning. We know from other protocols that there is no consistency with anything so this scenario is entirely possible.
Amateur league is fine with their 2 games in a day and 100 people.
I can see why leagues are pulling the pin.
Well done to the CFL on pitting leagues and players against each other, you are certainly a shining light for the guidance of football in this state. Must be devastating to miss out on the Zone carnival weekend junket this year. =D> =D>
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Round 2 - I do I do I do I do?

Not sure whether to take Grundy's 115 or not?

That's light on I reckon.

regards,

REB
Yeah, I canned the idea, even with the shorter quarters there will still be some 150+ scores.

If i see this again ill spew :D
In supercoach there is 3300 points allocated to every game, it doesnt matter if the there is 10min quarters or 40minute quarters, scoring is the same.
AFL Fantasy on the other hand 80 is the new 100 or to be precise i think its officially 78
by daysofourlives
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Granted Port look ok but they have only beaten the likely 17th and 18th team.
Ill reserve my judgement until they play a few teams that place a small inkling of pressure on them.
Brisbane will give us more of a guide. Tigers, Pies and Roos look to be the 3 hardest teams to play against
by daysofourlives
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

Some comedian clown is calling for COON cheese to change its name, FFS where does it end??
by daysofourlives
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |