Search found 143 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Sad day for Collingwood. Heard one Dad rang his son to break the news about Daisy leaving. Now he doesn't have a phone call left.
by Dissident
Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:The Boston Red Sox.

Are we allowed to say that? People with sunburnt legs may find it offensive ;)
by Footy Chick
Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

Why do people praise groundsmen for producing flat, unresponsive wickets from start to finish. It's probably the easiest thing thing to do. Very rare to see any grass on wickets these days. Pitches should be prepared to give the bowling side a chance at some stage. Captains should want to lose the toss, because they are unsure at what will give them the advantage. People enjoy seeing runs being made, but Id rather enjoy watching a great contest between a batsmen and a bowler, where the pitch can still produce something to keep the batsmen on his toes.
by helicopterking
Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scrap Negative Gearing on housing

Increasing private debt is choking our economy and will take decades to pay off.

The opposite actually.

Consumers changed spending habits in recent years, with the ratio of household debt to disposable income plateauing, as households dramatically lifted savings rates.

"This deficiency of household demand (spending) effectively left a hole in the economy that had to be filled by increased demand (spending) by the federal government, which pushed the budget into deficit." - Macro Business
by Q.
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4/514

Cooper 31
Ludeman 9
by RustyCage
Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Marcus North is suddenly bashing the door down as the next in line in the batting line up
550 runs at 135 with 3 centuries from 4 matches this season

The best start to a season since Katich blazed over 1000 runs in a season prior to his selection in the test team.....don't think they'll pick him but outstanding comeback as he was gone 18 months ago.

Best day of test cricket for the Aussies for a few years and redbacks going well.....might crack a beer or three!
by Keyser Soze
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok. So here are my keys for the third day.

1. Bat out the day. Keeping the POMs in the field all day will help for the whole series. Johnson, Siddle and in particular Harris will love sitting in the rooms kicking up their heels watching Anderson, Broad and Tremlett toil away. Fit as these blokes might be, early workloads make a difference across the series.

2. Ton up. Someone has to. Haddin deserved to in the first, but getting the job done make a huge difference to both sides. Warner or Clarke getting to the magical triple figure mark (or dare we get greedy and >1?) will add runs to our totals throughout the series.

3. Rogers needs to survive the early onslaught. Warner has his runs already, Rogers needs to prove his mettle by surviving. 20 overs and I give him a pass, but nothing could help Australia if Rogers was unbeaten at tea.

4. See of the first spell of Anderson, Broad and Tremlett. Bowlers hate coming off without a wicket. Don't underestimate the difference it made with Harris getting a wicket in his first spell. They've fired their best, with the ball at its best and got nothing. Spell #2 is so much worse with 0 in the wickets column for everyone.

5. Don't let Swann get into the series. 1/80, 2/100, no worries. But if Swann gets 5/60 or something it'll hurt us going forward. We did a great job in the first dig, but we need to make sure we keep him reacting and feeling like a stock bowler, not a strike bowler.
by Grahaml
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Tas

RustyCage wrote:Hopefully he relaxes once he gets his first one

I know I did.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant a blowie....
by gadj1976
Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warnie, much like the family cars of Australia, has undergone too many changes to be still considered a classic. Sure, he might resemble the old model with similar badges, but he just isn't what he used to be.

Like the old Ford or Holden, Warnie was pretty broad,built for cruising and was perhaps even too heavy for the role that he played. He gave off the occasional puff of smoke and ran on the rawest of ingredients, but, get him on a nice flat straight stretch and he could spin his wheels with the best of them.

Now he's undergone some European styling, is more plastic than he is polished chrome and he runs on a mix of premium ingredients. His whites are now in his mouth instead of on his back and he spends more time tweeting than he does tweaking.

I still like him, but the old model was more collectable.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

RustyCage wrote:Stokes with his first Test wicket, but no, it's a no ball! Do feel a little sorry for him, but then remember he is a pom

dont be sorry for the kiwi import, **** him!
by stampy
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Your comment about their lack of fight is spot one. Being in Europe and due to the time differences I woke up (4th and 5th test only) to repeatedly find the poms failed, I'd go to bed thinking gee if the poms put in a good session or 2 here we could be in trouble but it never happened. They flat out laid down and I'm glad I'm in the mother land to let them know about it!!

Nice work. However, now that the Tests are over it is now football season so I am obliged to say that I'm glad a Collingwood supporter is out of the country as well. Got enough of the **** over here as it is. ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Why should people with the cash get here when other more worse off refugees have to wait in camps because of the cue jumpers.
Stupid post!

firstly, if you are going to call someone stupid, at least make sure you can spell queue.

when you say "afford" to get here, most of them literally spend their whole family's life savings to get one family member out here, and then hope to bring the rest out when they save up enough money. this is how desperate they are.

and im not sure about you, but if i had a shot at not living in a refugee camp, i would do whatever i could.

there was a show on SBS called go back to where you came from, i encourage you to watch it. they depicted a sudanese lady who was in a refugee camp in kenya, where they literally slept on the floor under a tarp. no clean water. they got rice once a day, but quite often the gangs of men would come and steal it from her just after she got it. her and both her daughters had been repeatedly raped. if i remember correctly she now had HIV.

but yet you are telling me she should sit there and politely wait her turn? put yourself in her shoes for a second. what do you think you would do? would you sit there and be like fk me, i better wait my turn? of course not, you are going to do everything you can to get to safety.

and before you say well you could catch a plane here, well thats more problematic than you think too. if you are being persecuted in your own country, you cant exactly rock up at the airport with all of your id cards etc, you are basically waving a massive sign saying come and kill me!

so thats why these people travel overland from places like afghanistan, to pakistan, india, malaysia, indonesia.

the problem then is, none of those countries are signatories to the UN refugee convention, which means if they are caught they can be deported straight away. so you cant jump on a plane at any of these countries either.

so what are you left with? paying some people smuggler your whole life savings for one shot at a country that will have you. but lol, jokes on them, we send them off to squalid conditions in papua new guinea never to set foot in australia.

and before you say well there is plenty of other countries they can go to, well yes thats also true. but do a bit of googling and you can find places like turkey, jordan and greece are straining massively with the problem of refugees.

i read somewhere (ill have to find it) that the official population of greece is 10 million or so, and they have 1 MILLION refugees or other illegal residents. now that is a problem. a few thousand arrivals into one of the richest countries in the world is almost a non issue, unless you want to politicise it for your own gain, which is what abbott did with his "stop the boats" mantra which appealed to the lowest common denominator in australia, white racist bogans who believe they own the country and forgot that them, or one of their previous generations also came here, a lot of them in similar circumstances.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Network launch tonight. D-day to save Wrestlemania.

He's back Brother!!! The man that made wrestling. First few minutes of Raw was electric.
it's amazing what charisma and the look can do. HH was/is a very average wrestler. To do what he's done is an incredible effort on little wrestling talent

Watch his work in Japan and tell me he was average. He wrestled a very bland 80s style in the USA because it worked and thats what Vince wanted but he would go work in Japan with Inoki and tear the house down.

Mrs Wristy bought me the 9 hour ultimate unseen Hogan DVD and I watched him work with Bob Baclund for 30 minutes in a scientific match as a 28 year old. You need to see it to believe it.

Hogan just had arguably the greatest mind the business has ever seen and made the most money. The fact that he did it with increasingly limited out put as time went on tells you just how good he is.

He is the greatest and I won't hear a bad word about him ;) :)
by wristwatcher
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Network launch tonight. D-day to save Wrestlemania.

He's back Brother!!! The man that made wrestling. First few minutes of Raw was electric.
by wristwatcher
Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
by S Demon
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.
Of course they played well and I dont know many who thought it was 50/50. I hate the pricks and thought it would be a 8 goal minimum win to you. I get pissed off at the biased media in this state who seem to think the Cows are the greatest team in the world and all their losses are due to injuries, bad luck or cheating Victorian umpires, not the fact their list is average apart from 1 or 2 guns
by Jim05
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Herald Sun Team of the Century

bennymacca wrote:we should make a non-victorian team of the century to take it up to them :D

Yeah, maybe get west end on board and put up some horribly lame and embarrassing billboards trying to claim land back or drawing a line in the sand.
by Spargo
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Regardless of if clubs have valuables bags or not, I think the underlying point is it is disappointing that someone would stoop to that level and that you can't have confidence in leaving your valuables in your own bag while you play.

In a perfect world perhaps....but in lieu of.....common-sense would be a shopping bag.....keys, wallets, watches,....locked in a car boot...keys in coaches pocket.....home or away... :)

I thought that was the norm and has been for some time. Smithfield had a numbered pouch made up so you didn't end up smoking someone else's pot.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Viable Alternatives

North just lost Chad O'Sullivan to the ammo's midway through the season.
AFL destroying the comp from one side and threatening to go to the ammo's if they don't get their own way, etc and Ammo clubs eating away at our player base from the other side

So what alternatives are the SANFL left with. Even assuming they kick the AFL Ressies out, a lot of irreparable damage had already been done and I don't think that simply kicking out the AFL Reseies and returning to an (8) club comp and hoping things go back to "normal" is the answer.

I would suggest instead of fighting the ammo's for players and attendances why couldn't the SANFL embrace the ammo's and have a two or even three tier comp where winners in each tier win promotion to the next tier and the bottom teams are relegated to tier below, just as they do in soccer. Even have play offs say between the top 3 of division 2 and the bottom side of division 1 with the winner moving up to / staying in division 1.

After removing the AFL Reserves from the SANFL I would;
1) Invite the top two Ammo sides into the league to maintain the 10 team comp SANFL League 1 or premier league.
2) increase the comp to 27 rounds with each team playing each other home / away and a neutral ground (perhaps AO)
3) Invite the next 10 best ammo's to form SANFL League 2. ( an alternative could be a third league of 10, with both the 2nd & 3rd divisions being grouped by geographical location. Say League 2 North and League 2 South) .
4) Top 5 in D1 play off in finals just as they do now.
5) Bottom club of each Division to play off against the top 3 sides of the division below for a place In the top division. 10th D1 v 3rd D2 & 1st D2 v 2nd D2, with the top sides using home advantage. The play off final to be the curtain raiser for the GF at AO.
6) A round robin play off between the winners of each ammo league and the bottom side in D2 for a place in D2.
7) The ammo sides joining the league would have to play by the same rules as the current SANFL clubs including the salary cap (whatever level that might be in the future), same recruiting rules and administration rules.

The advantages I could see would be:
1) The SANFL wouldn't keep losing players to the ammo's like O'Sullivan, for more coin.
2) Increased interest in the league overall by drawing in fans either lost to the SANFL or fans that have only ever followed an amature club and not the SANFL.
3) Maximising / maintaining public interest by holding play off finals for D2 and introducing real consequences to finishing bottom other than a wooden spoon in D1
4) Dilute the effects the AFL draft has on the current 8 SANFL clubs all be it only marginally.

I don't care if the overall standard of the SANFL drops, (although I'm not sure it would), as someone has already posted, because at least it would be an independent league again.
I'm not bothered that some ammo ovals aren't up to SANFL standard, there are plenty of ovals that are that can be used.
I'm not bothered about attendances as some of the top ammo games get nearly the same attendances as some of the SANFL games these days and I'm not bothered about the financial implications as some ammo clubs are as cashed up as some SANFL clubs.

I'm not bothered that the bottom club in D1 could be relegated to D2 even if it was one of the original 8. If it isn't competitive in the top flight then it deserves to go down and fight to get back in next year.

Just a thought.
by johntheclaret
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

That's their breaks for the rest of the year. (If my quick adding was correct)

Sounds like geelong folk trying to make excuses for finally losing a game

Well according to bullshit theories they might as well play their reserves the two games they have 6 day breaks unless the sports scientists and teams of analysts can solve the riddle of how to possible recover with only 144 hours between games.

It kind of reminds me of the year that everyone got a hard on for teams not being able to win the week after playing in Perth. :roll: HTFU!!!

Vanessa, Benny.

Three six day breaks in succession DOES take a toll on the energy levels of the players (although it's not unexpected of a Crows fan in particular to understand the nature of a tough draw seeing as they never seem to get one). Especially when the opposition is coming off the bye. I watch Geelong every week and I've never seen us cooked in the first five minutes of the game. It was obvious to anyone who really watches the game. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney off seven days break at the SCG without Lonnegan and Enright but there was no spread or defensive run from the Cats and we didn't suddenly become Richmond overnight.

I don't know about bullshit theories but I know it's considered an advantage to have a week off during the finals and they avoid scheduling six day breaks during and leading up to the finals wherever they can. Hmm, wonder why that is? If you want to keep your head in the sand you should be out there helping Hockey defend his budget instead of wasting time on this forum LOL.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

We will probably end up losing but boy we have earnt some respect, battered Chile for 60 mins and now dominated the Dutch for a half.

Just lack that real world class attacking midfielder to help Cahill
by whufc
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Jimmy,
This article from Business Insider may assist you:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/these-two-budget-charts-show-how-much-money-joe-hockey-is-cutting-from-hospitals-and-schools-2014-5

I hate coming here and having arguments but I do want to get these points straight.
I have a feeling you are the only person in Australia who believes that the Education and Health budgets have actually been INCREASED under Abbott. Even Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey have publicly stated that health and education funding has been decreased by the Commonwealth, moving the responsibility for funding to the States.

Cheers
(still your friend)
Bulldogproud2
by bulldogproud2
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Coach Bombay wrote:The whole thing is gay. He shouldn't even be wasting his time with these people. Just lucky we don't live in a backwards country.

We voted tony Abbott in. We are pretty ******* backwards
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

Malthouse and now Trigg
Carltscum deserve them both
by Jimmy_041
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Transfer Rumours 2014/2015

test wrote:Been confirmed in today's London Sun

Dont buy the Sun!!
Most untrustworthy tabloid going around
by Jim05
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brendan McCartney

dafq?
by dedja
Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Selfish Goodes. Nothing more for him to achieve. His list of achievements is massive. Didn't put the club first. Bloods culture.

regards,

REB

Did you expect anything else from Goodes, the modern day Buckley

Another idiotic comment.
by woodublieve12
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Taking a petulant Higgins and a finished Waite is career suicide from Scott if you ask me...sounds very similar to what Frawley did bringing in Sziller and Hudson to get to the GF after losing the prelim...and when the Crows got Carey and Burns in...and we all know how they turned out
by MW
Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Furious, SA again bows to the Easten States, I'll take a refund and Cricket Australia can get stuffed.

Crap. What else could they do in a World Cup Year. You'll get your refund and someone else gets your seat, everyone wins. They'll pack out the place to say farewell to Hughes. What an emotonal moment it will be when they line up on day one.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

OnSong wrote:
Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Q. wrote:American Sniper...the most ridiculous piece of war propaganda I've seen in a while.

Is that you Seth?
by woodublieve12
Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

It's irrelevant who backed who (America backed them when the soviets were in that patch of the planet) regarding Hicks! you still have to pick sides and he picked the side which ended up shooting at and killing our own. You can say he never shot australians, that's irrelevant too. He would hve if he wasn't caught!!
Got off on a technicality!
I know he will but I wish he never gets a cent to tell his story...

Yep normal
by woodublieve12
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Perhaps drop a div 1 reserves team down to see how they'd go against div 6 clubs.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Our Cricket boys going to Wallaroo for their Cricket Trip and being thrown out after only being there Friday night, weren't even there 24 hours. Gold. @bazza1

Where were they staying?

Cornucopia I think.

If you get kicked out of there, you must be trouble.
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Dont know alot about what Bombers said over the years but Damien Barrett on Triple M reckons alot of his answers to Mike are opposite of what he's said in the past, and last night on AFL360 robbo pulled him up on something he said on the show a week ago which was opposite of what he said in the interview! Felt like he still wants to coach the last 10 minutes where him pumping up his tyres about his capabilites of building a club in the right environment, be interesting to see if he gets another crack at the top job.

he then said to orb last night that he doesnt want to coach though!

seems like a massive space cadet imo. hadn't really noticed it until recently
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Interest Rates/Aust economy discussion

Howard was right: Interest rates will always be lower under a Liberal Govt
Just wish both sides wouldn't f*** the economy to try to provde which one is right
by Jimmy_041
Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Gillespie considering SA coaching job

Dizzy disproving the notion that all fast bowlers are silly.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue May 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

Surprised, very selfish
Not sure I wold say someone attempting to enter a career where saving lives is the #1 priority as selfish.

I did hear he missed the North game a few weeks back due to an exam or test of some kind. The AFL and it's clubs can't go on about how hard life is after football for players, and then block guys close to retirement who are trying to sort their post-football lives out.
by Pag
Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

I don't run naked through bonfires for fear of getting burnt.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

I have never found any argument convincing me that humans have the right to take another person's life against their will, nor to legalise such murder and call it justice.

In some, many cases, in fact, the victims life was taken against their free will, perhaps even held against their will at length before being murdered.

Does this mean the guilty party should suffer the same fate? I'd say no, it doesn't, in most instances. Do I think there are instances where they should be put to death? Without question, yes, I do.

So in my own mind and many others as we can see on here, while we can't justify capital punishment, we can all see instances where it does seem to be the only course of justice being handed down.

Is it justice though? I'd rather see cruel, inhumane people treated as their victims were, but that then makes me/society no better than them. Like public stonings, is that really making things better, heaping pain and suffering on someone who inflicted pain and suffering? I can't see how it is anything by hypocritical.

I've just argued for and against my own argument.

I'm going for a lay down.
by Booney
Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:"Joes gonna kill you!!!"

The Samoan Submission machine has arrived. 8)

NXT is killing it.

you would think a bloke of his calibre would go straight to the main roster?
by woodublieve12
Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that use their own kids as leverage over other family members.
My sister in law is the most selfish, classless piece of shit to stain this earth.
Everyone knows it but if anyone says/does anything about the trouble she deliberately causes, then sorry, you won't see the kids.
She'll get hers one day, she's upset too many people for the karma bus not to miss her in a big way.
I think you're lying, women become wonderful selfless people after relationships come to an end.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: no lawn mowing on weekends.

That's crap, nothing like mowing the lawn on a Sunday afternoon then relaxing with a beer admiring how good it looks.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dean Jones makes Ambrose take off sweatbands

I though he would have put Border in same category as those 2.

Border was on the decline when Curtly was at his peak. Border's best efforts against the West Indies were against Holding, Garner and Marshall. Arguably Border's finest achievements were his efforts in the 1984 tour of the West Indies. In 'Hitting Accross the Line' Viv Richards included an anecdote 'Man, get your Century and let's get out of here' on a hot day during that series. Not a bad wrap that.

Border wasn't finished by any means when it came to Ambrose but Boon and Waugh were more the front line guys by the time he came around.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

So a person that has a team that is in say Div 2 just wont even bother with the premier league? Reckon they would at least follow someone casually, as a lot of you SANFL first fans might still take a passing interest in the AFL

I find its a lot the opposite and supporters of lower clubs actually don't like the commercial nature of the big leagues

I reckon thats one of the main advantages of the lower leagues - you can still feel much more connected - even little things like going to the huddle at half time or kicking the footy on the oval at quarter breaks (shit can you even do those things anymore at the SANFL?)

No a person won't follow a big club

Could u imagine Milwall fans supporting West Ham, Chelsea or Arsenal in the big league at most they will support the team they play every week

You have to remember that teams in the lower div may have played bigger clubs in cup fixtures, met in the same league etc so there are genuine rivalries with teams in other divisions, countries etc where up until recently Centrals had never play Adelaide in a serious game before

Your real far of the mark here imho
by whufc
Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.
Pffft, I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek, these mickey mouse games mean nothing and for the majority are not any where near as important as a club game
by Ace of Spades
Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

When my old man's cancer had become too far gone, my brother, sister and I had to sit with him while a team of about 14 surgeons, anaesthetists, doctors and counsellors were assembling in his room to discuss what was going to happen in the coming weeks.
They gave us an hour beforehand to just chat amongst ourselves where we just went over some funny anecdotes to lighten the moment, as a couple nurses were getting extra seats as the specialists were congregating dad turns and says to me
"Hey Col, how bout the time I taught you how to wank?" I shook my head is disbelief as I face palmed, then he blurts out.
"You liked it more when I let you use your own dick."

I actually felt sorry for everyone else in the room, they weren't used of that type of crap.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
I just couldn't believe the way he came out and said it and was like "is there a problem wih that". Almost unbelievable.

Its funny because he is probably using he system within he law. But he believes a mother who has a job which provides additional maternity leave and claims he government maternity leave, which is also within the law, are routing the system and double dipping. Which I have no issue with if your from the private sector. If you have got a good job with a good company which provides good benefits, then good luck you.

The hypocrisy is almost as good as Mark Stevens amd his Will Minson tweets.

Let me be clear, I am by no means a Labor voter. This just really runs me the wrong way.
The net cost to the tax payer, and the net return to Joe Hockey's wife, would be the same if Joe rented a house from some other owner, and his wife rented her house to a stranger, but it is not a good look.

On the other hand, she gets a good tenant and he gets a good landlady!

Sorry Psyber but what a load of rubbish. How you could possibly justify this is just ridiculous.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="stan"]Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
I just couldn't believe the way he came out and said it and was like "is there a problem wih that". Almost unbelievable.

Its funny because he is probably using he system within he law. But he believes a mother who has a job which provides additional maternity leave and claims he government maternity leave, which is also within the law, are routing the system and double dipping. Which I have no issue with if your from the private sector. If you have got a good job with a good company which provides good benefits, then good luck you.

The hypocrisy is almost as good as Mark Stevens amd his Will Minson tweets.

Let me be clear, I am by no means a Labor voter. This just really runs me the wrong way.
The net cost to the tax payer, and the net return to Joe Hockey's wife, would be the same if Joe rented a house from some other owner, and his wife rented her house to a stranger, but it is not a good look.

On the other hand, she gets a good tenant and he gets a good landlady!

Sorry Psyber but what a load of rubbish. How you could possibly justify this is just ridiculous.[/quote]
Bang. 4 runs through the covers.
by stan
Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Yep a full round play-off
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |