Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I thought Echunga did a reasonable job last week. From the sidelines, seemed like a proud Club who are hell bent on staying in Central Div next year. Obviously got a couple of great sponsors/donors or an unbelievable Social scene to compliment a hardworking Committee. They've talked up their facilities so looking forward to the return game later this year, beats travelling to Mountain Goat park (which will probably be on the cards again next year, but hopefully Nairne has something to say about that).

Very even comp, no one can be taken lightly. Only 3 rounds in but I'd suggest 5 or 6 teams would be thinking premiership window is open.
by Yellow & Black
Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Tigers have put in 2 poor performances, hope it's not a repeat of last years form. Injuries can't be used an an excuse as all teams are in the same boat. Will be interesting to see how the boys respond in this weeks Courier Cup final at the Cabbage Patch.

All fixtures this week are are again 50/50, no results would surprise me. It's a bloody good comp!
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absorbed some very concerning information today. Have it on good authority that a few HFL clubs are paying a hell of a lot more for the services of SANFL players than recently speculated on this forum. One player in particular earns more for one game than most of us would take home in a month, all thanks to a bidding war between 2 HFL clubs. It's obviously not restricted to the HFL, all country leagues are poaching from and killing the SANFL, Something needs to be done. My suggestion, cull the points to 5-10 per club, that way we go back to playing locals and showcasing what Country Footy is all about, playing for the jumper.
by Yellow & Black
Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man I was impressed with Echungas facilities, I doubt there would've been a better playing surface in the Hills last weekend, excluding Callington. The visitors rooms were comfortable, plenty of parking, lot's of food options (whilst it was available) and importantly, no shortage of stout and port. Spectator shelter looked limited if it were a bad day. One of the Echunga die hards mentioned the lights are good enough to hold cricket matches. Well done to you blokes, look forward to heading back next year.

Did you say you've already invested in new goal posts? A few of our players commented that they were quite short...

Also good to see old Vic out running water in his stubby shorts. What happened between him and Bridgy?
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Echunga, certainly assembled a very solid team at the right time of the year. Very pacey through the midfield, Jennings in particular is a clearance king and with tall timber like Carey and Harland up forward, I think they'll push the Cabbage.

Out of the Prelim, Echunga are the best side to take on Uraidla as my beloved Tigers would've been depleted suffering injuries to key players in Matt Jenkin (hammy in first minute), Tommy Johnson did his knee in the 2nd qtr, then throw in concussion to Matty Brockhouse and young gun Jack Maxwell plus a few other sore boys, wasn't a good day.

Question is - where do Echunga go for a beer outside of the Club? Is the pub still closed?
by Yellow & Black
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs - I'm guessing the Clubs voted against the motion in the best interest of the League. It would've clearly advantaged the powerhouse Junior Clubs such as Hahndorf and Blackwood who year in year out could notch up an 4-8 extra wins from their U15's and U17's finals campaigns. Similarly it can reward teams like yourself who came from the Elimination Final giving you the opportunity for 4 extra wins. Your motion would've suited you this year, but think about the future. Take this for an example - Say Echunga and TV are 9th and 10th respectively on the P&R ladder with only 2pts separating you at the end of the minor round, let's say Echunga finish top in the A Grade and go onto win the flag again (gaining 2 finals wins). Torrens Valley come from 5th and make the grand final, therefore notching up 3 finals wins along the way and overtake you, would that mean Echunga takes the League to court again?

I agree it's a sad set of circumstances and I believe you have a place in Central but not this way. I also believe Bridgey have earned a right to compete in Central.
by Yellow & Black
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just drove past Echunga oval, they must have the shortest goal posts in the league. Maybe that's why they didn't get a final. Ovals not up to scratch.
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just drove past Hahndorf oval, most of their U13's are taller than echungas goal posts
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

The oval's ok at this point, that's what investment in drainage does to an oval. The lack of traffic has helped with regrowth over the last month. Rain tomorrow means it'll get chewed up fairly quickly but I doubt it'll be a mud bath, unless it pours all day. It's being mowed as we speak so the grass coverage will be nice and even, in racing terms a soft 7 at the moment. Let's pray the weather gods are kind.

Notice some cars parked around the oval, They'll have a prime view of the back of a marquee. Idiots! Least they're close to the bar!
by Yellow & Black
Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |