Search found 354 matches

Return

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

I think we should step back in time and untweak a few things that didn't need tweaking.

* Piss the interchange cap off.

a cap would ensure players would have to stay out on the field longer and tire, instead of rotating 4 players every 30 seconds when theyre heart rate is peaking

there is no exhaustion out there, it needs to return

the ruck rules are also ugly, i felt sick in the port bombers game when the ump pulled out infringements multiple times for simple innocent wrestling

no bouncing the ball, throw up everytime, and prevent having to bring the ball back when the ump **** up his bounce

* one forward & one defender must be in the forward 50 at all times is a rule i like

Another way we could bugger players so they can't run so much is enforcing a piss up rule after every game. This would reduce fitness levels to 1980's levels when there was nothing wrong with the game. It would also ensure players enjoy their footy more and take out that awkward question of "should we ban drinking" bullshit, because it would be mandatory and everyone would have to do it.
I think after a win players should record blood alcohol readings of .2 before they are allowed to stop drinking. If a player passes out before then there should be a doctor on hand to check that he has actually passed out, we don't want anyone faking it.
Losing teams should be divided into groups of 4, and each group should be responsible for demolishing at least one carton of beer between them. Of course they are welcome to drink more if they want to, and this should be encouraged, but it is important that we establish some baseline.
All drinking should take place at a sanctioned piss up place with a big sign on the door that says "Drunk AFL Blokes Behaving Badly: leave your cameras and recording devices at the door". All participants should be made to sign away their rights to complain, sue, publish or sell any stories they have from the night.
Other positives are that it would remove the temptation to do harder drugs that don't impede fitness, it would open the door for sponsors and put the Australianess back into the game.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

I don't really care what those media folk are comparing it with Benny. Just providing another perspective.
by therisingblues
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ebert statue

Great to see Russell Ebert immortalised alongside his friend Barrie Robran. Both champions on and off the field.

I personally don't have a problem with Blight being next. Consider this....

The first player to get the Magarey/ Brownlow medal double
The only player to get the Farmer/ Coleman medal double (and kick a 100 in a season in both comps)
Captained both SA and Victoria

Throw in coaching two Crows flags and it's a lay down misere.
Not to mention mastermind of Woodville's most successful era while fulfilling the role of playing coach.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The last two rounds 2015

LADDER AFTER 17 ROUNDS
1. WWT...14 2 0... 1263 922... 57.80 28
2. PAD... 11 5 0 ... 1287 1044.. 55.21 22
3. NWD.. 11 5 0... 1173 1038.. 53.05 22
4. WAD.. 10 6 0 ... 1441 1181.. 54.96 20
5. SAD.... 9 6 1... 1084 1000....52.02 19

6. CDT... 7 8 1... 1161 1126.... 50.77 15
7. ADL... 6 9 1... 1352 1271.... 51.54 13
8. SRT.... 5 11 0... 1177 1290.. 47.71 10
9. GLN... 4 11 1... 1246 1489.. 45.56 9
10. NAD. 1 15 0... 867 1690.... 33.91 2

ROUND 18:
SAT 22nd August 2:10 pm
Port vs South
West vs Norwood
WWT vs North
Sturt vs Adelaide
Central vs Glenelg

ROUND 19:
SAT 29th August 2:10 pm
Norwood vs WWT
South vs Central
North vs Sturt
4:30 pm
Glenelg vs Adelaide
SUN 30th August 2:10 pm
Port vs West

3 big games this round: Port vs South/ West vs Norwood/ Dogs vs Glenelg all having a bearing on finals contention.
In particular the West vs Norwood game could see those sides swap positions.
If South win both games from here they could sneak into the top 3.
Port vs West in the final game of the season on a Sunday could be a blockbuster, with the potential to decide the fate of up to four clubs.
Maybe a nail biting finish coming up?
I'm on the Panther bandwagon.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

If the Eagles win the flag this year, we could possibly reflect later that they played their grand final on Sunday vs the Crows. Until this game no one has been able to stand up to them with more than 14 AFL players included in the side. The Eagles won against 17,...just.
Norwood were hammered by over 100 points against 16 Crows, Port lost to 16 Crows, South went down to 14 AFL listed Crows and West were unlucky to face them with 18 Crows on the field, going down by 63 points, and that accounts for all sides playing finals.
I dare say that the Crows entry to the finals would have resulted in a winning streak through to the Grand Final, where they would have most likely faced off against the only side to have beaten them thus far with such a large AFL contingent. I reckon they'd probably have stacked the side with more than 17 players in such a situation. Fortunately we'll never know, I am much happier this way, but I reckon the Eagles have just done us all a huge favour and delivered the fatal blow to the Crows premiership quest.
by therisingblues
Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 stuff

quote="gadj1976"Now see, that Yeo decision sums up what's wrong with footy. That wasn't holding the ball. It was a perfect reason for a ball up. Stop stuffing up the game FFS. quote]
I flet for Yeo there, WTF was he supposed to do?

Squeal like a bitch, flail his head backward and throw his not free arms in the air, appealing for a free kick.

The entire game needs overhauling, I don't care who says otherwise.

I didn't see the incident but dropping at the knees, rolling the shoulders and falling forward tends to work a treat these days.

He grabbed the ball above his head, brought it down to hip level, was instantaneously tackled and one arm was pinned. He (and tackler) took him to Yeo's knees and the umpire pinged him for "not making a reasonable attempt". Seriously? Yeo asked the umpire, "did I have prior opportunity?", the umpire said "you didn't try to get rid of it". So picture Yeo, on the ground, with one arm pinged and on his knees "trying" to get rid of the ball with one arm. Umm, insert reference to Monty Python's here.....
The Black Knight would have found a way to get rid of it.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Yes Spargo, I think you are right about that last paragraph.
I am finding it hard to let go of my club, but the hooks that held me so close to the SANFL in the past are eroding. It's gotten so that whenever I think of the comp the first thing that springs to mind is that it's a really convenient training ground for those AFL teams.
by therisingblues
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who will coach Sturt ?

Resigned?
Through what media did he make the announcement?
A rare thing, a coach choosing to go rather than being sacked. The last coaches who did thatat Sturt were Macgowan, then I reckon Oatey before him. (Can't remember about Bunton Though I think he saw out a four year contract and then left.)
Maloney has brought use stability in hard financial times and delivered more good than bad during his tenure.
I wish him all the best if it's true about him leaving.
by therisingblues
Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Agreed Hammers.
It's certainly not a product that our kids are going to take to in its current form. Us 35+ crowd will be the last generation.
There will be no consolation, and the AFL mob will just screw their brows in confusion and ask where else their reserves were going to play. They really have no idea of the world outside their own coffee cups. They seem to be unable to comprehend the loss of integrity equates to loss of passion.
I'd laugh to see them all shit their pants if anything threatened the AFL. Funny thing is 80 % of them, after a time would just embrace the new product, whatever that is, and would eventually hang shit on the die hards for getting in the way of the new order in sport.
I guarantee it.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

I hear you Mickey. The other side though is that a lot of us miss the way it used to be and expressing a continued dissatisfaction with the way things are now would be the correct response imo.
by therisingblues
Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Did anyone see the messenger this week?
"sanfl clubs say the success of footy at Adelaide oval has led to a downturn in crowds at their games.
"Figures released exclusively to newscorp Australia show minor round attendances at sanfl matches was down by 13 percent in 2015 and clubs dispute the theory that supporter backlash against the entry of AFL reserves teams was the cause."
"Instead they say the runaway success of footy in the city meant fans who baulked at live afl at West lakes had returned, causing some to desert the sanfl.
"' There's no doubt that success of Adelaide oval has had an effect on sanfl crowds,' WWT chief executive Peter Shwarz said.
"The league average attendance fell from 2819 in 2014 to 2453 this year.
"Crowds were down 6.3 % on 2013.
"SANFL general manager Adam Kelly said the cold winter had an impact and pointed to the fact league wide membership was up.
"' Crowds were) impacted significantly by the cold and wet conditions, ' said Kelly who added crowds were healthy in August. "

So apparently all of you who've quit local footy are sneaking off to Adelaide Oval without telling the rest of us!
Also, Spelly has somehow been accessing figures that were "exclusively released to newscorp Australia ".
And the rain that fell in August was responsible for crowds being down during July, yet somehow didn't affect crowds negatively during the month that it fell as they were "healthy " during that time!
They also seem not to have figures that show CROWDS ARE DOWN AT AFL GAMES AT ADELAIDE OVAL on last year. These figures which for the purposes of this article don't seem to exist would question why crowds have not, correspondingly, returned to the Sanfl.
by therisingblues
Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

I never said they were a good or bad thing. But I do like the smell of my own farts if that clears up my stance at all.
I don't think I'd be telling a lie to state that other supporters tend to have an infatuation with the size of the Sturt band wagon though. I guess I kind of admire the skill with which you've created a positive atmosphere to discuss the topic, and will seek to reproduce the same whenever we have cause to bring in more than the twenty odd pensioners sitting on their deck chairs, eating cucumber sandwiches in their tweed suits.
Good luck with that wagon boys. With that win over the imposers for the first time in more than a decade I wouldn't mind too much seeing the Dogs win it.
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

West Ham to play Newcastle tonight, a win should see them in 5th place, just one point behind fourth.
Could be a good year coming up for the Hammers, can we consistently stick around the top quarter of the league as opposed to the top half as we have done in recent times?
Up the Irons!!!
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Would have loved to be able to attend this grand final. But Sunday? First week of the school holidays too. No way.
I reckon the fact that it's on a Sunday will keep a few away.
I think the fact the AFL circus is still on will stop thousands more getting that extra footy fix the weekend after the AFL grandfinal.
Whatever they get today, you could add about an extra 10,000 for a proper Saturday grandfinal the weekend after the AFL has finished.
by therisingblues
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Blacky wrote:i only have one thing to say
GO YOU BLOODS

To celebrate this momentous occasion, could we not reinstate Blacky's avatar for an unspecified period of time?
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Jim05 wrote:Darling is a terrible

Didn't a know you were Italian Jim.
by therisingblues
Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

So if they're required to pay for it they could use their ads... to pay for it. If they're required to, I mean.
by therisingblues
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Characters of SAFooty

Haven't seen Kiwi about for a while.
Coorong is a notable omission, especially since Westies won the flag.
The Drebin v Sturtpeter saga was a good one to follow. Drebs would get so worked up, meanwhile SP would quite innocently be protesting the fact that Sturt really is the best at whatever it is he was saying they were good at.
I love some of Failed Creation's Avatars. And of course Blacky's (previous) avatar deserves to be in the SAFooty hall of Fame.
Smithy was a good one for posting untrustworthy links. Click on them at your own peril. But he disappeared, as many others did, witht he advent of AFL reserves. Actually, a heap of Sturt supporters just stopped posting when the Ravens, Powders entered: ZipZap, Purch, Shanghaied, ORDoubleBlues, Rhino, Barto, Lesthemechanic, Mr66, and Godoubleblues, just off the top of my head, and Csbowes just posts an annual synopsis of the season just past now.
There are still a few of us Sturt folk about, like Jimmy, Gadj, Cambridge Clarrie and Heater, but even their output has diminished.
by therisingblues
Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

A grand final the week after the AFL grandfinal is high on my wish list.
Oh, and a reduction in byes would be good also.
by therisingblues
Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

I understand playing these games at Elizabeth and Noarlunga but makes no sense playing them at an inner city venue like Unley or Norwood, I thought the idea of playing these games was to put them into new markets that don't get regular AFL footy.
The only AFL game I went to last year was the Power/ Eagles pre season game at Norwood. There were about 7,000-8,000 odd there which gave it the feel of an 80's style SANFL game. That sized crowd fits the ground very well, and brings out its character more so than the 2,000-3,000 size crowds we get these days. The fact that it was at a suburban ground also lent a sense of occasion, it's hard to explain but the act of travelling to Norwood for a game of AFL was so much more meaningful than doing the same at Adelaide Oval, with it's AFL-sanitized brand spanking new stands capable of seating 50,000 + spectators, by contrast climbing into the rickety old wooden stand behind the goals at Norwood, with its pillars that sometimes block your view, and with the smaller overall ground dimensions was strangely very satisfying. Maybe I am just getting old, I don't know, but it was also reminiscent of the big games played there when the SANFL meant so much more. You weren't travelling to a stadium "for all South Australians" you travelled to the warts-and-all version of whatever the home team produced, at Norwood it was the rickety old stand behind the goals, the architectural vomit that looked as though it was built by volunteers on the western wing, with its made-to-splat walls meters from the boundary, the underground toilet in the outer, the tin shed that served beer, the medium to small hill at the southern end that could pack thousands. The imperfections were the charm, we packed into such places because we loved the game so much, and each club had its own cobbled together group of mounds, stands and buildings reflective of what assets that club could utilize to accommodate a game day crowd.
Apart from the nostalgia and atmosphere, I didn't have to worry about car parking or the hassle of going into the city. Norwood is very convenient in that it is central but without the headaches of being too central. You step out the ground and you are right in suburbia. I would not have gone if the fixture had been at Adelaide Oval, and going to an outer suburbs ground would have been too much of an inconvenience.
by therisingblues
Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

I think you need to get your bullshit in order before posting there JK. These are valuable pages of cyberspace we are wasting with this bullshit.
by therisingblues
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr September

daysofourlives wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Rick Davies.

On footy trips? Dont recall anyone by that name playing AFL finals

I don't recall anyone by the name of Wayne Johnston playing AFL finals either DOOL, or are you trying to say that the only history prior to the AFL was Victorian?
by therisingblues
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr September

There is an SANFL thread you know?
So what?
Rick Davies is the third player to be mentioned on this thread who didn't play AFL. The first two are followed by positive discussion, yet I've been told twice now that Davies doesn't belong here.
If Hart and Johnston are legitimate, then you're admitting that players from the highest quality leagues prior to the AFL are eligible.
As I mentioned, Sturt claimed some pretty hefty VFL scalps back in the day, actually thrashed a couple of them . It was partially because they performed so well that a regular "official" championship of Australia was set up. Which was actually won by North Adelaide.
Don't you know any of this?
There is a problem with the rest of Australian football history being swept under the carpet because of the hubris of the old VFL.I find it amazing how passively some people have followed this contrived rubric of footy history. Tell people often enough that it is so, and it will become so.
by therisingblues
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

We have a lot of lost talent to cover. Coad, Kurtze, Duldig, Bruggeman.
I think we need to be throwing huge money at someone.
I agree, I hope my post was taken as being critical. Might head off to the Things that gives me the shits thread now and add my phones auto correct always changing Sturt into Stuart!
I actually thought it was interesting that North had a chance with Aidan.
Basically just read your post as informative, and it reminded me that we have some experienced heads to replace.
Me being informative? I've banned people for lesser insults :P
I think I've stumbled upon a new way of getting under your skin you helpful, informative, peaceful young chappie! :lol:
by therisingblues
Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North almost had Aidan Riley but Stuart found him a job. Apparantley they're throwing huge money at Mitch Harvey too.
We have a lot of lost talent to cover. Coad, Kurtze, Duldig, Bruggeman.
I think we need to be throwing huge money at someone.
I agree, I hope my post was taken as being critical. Might head off to the Things that gives me the shits thread now and add my phones auto correct always changing Sturt into Stuart!
Mine always changes Sturt into Shite ;)
Your phone has tourette syndrome?
by therisingblues
Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To New ?

Uriah Heep. Very 'eavy very 'umble, Salisbury, Demons and Wizards, Magician's Birthday, Return to Fantasy.
Easy to see how they missed the mainstream success of Zeppelin, Purple and Sabbath, but they're brilliant at the niche they filled.
by therisingblues
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

I think this is a case of the shoe being on the other foot, or "You're in MY world now!" type mentality.
Actually cracks me up how they keep the info to themselves but just want everyone to know that they know something. I too dream of the day I will know something others don't. :lol:
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Sturt apparently super keen on him

We have a good history of getting the best out of our North recruits.

Now just to work on the others ;)

Everyone's a comedian. :roll: ;)
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale - Trevor "Bubbles" Obst

A few flags there, state games and a medal, can't really do machine more in a career, especially during that era.
by therisingblues
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MickyJ ill

Good luck Mickyj. Hope it's not too serious.
by therisingblues
Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aboriginal past

That's the spirit Mickey! Good to have you back.
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazydog wrote:
CENTURION wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

yes

Do I smell a rat?

James Cagney?
by therisingblues
Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inchy Winchy?
You mean Incy Wincy
I think you'll find most scholars have determined the spelling to be "eency weency". Though Prof. Arnen Hartsenberger at the biennial convention of nursery ryhme standardisation challenged this, postulating that it is actually "yncee wyncee" derived originally from Welsh hinterland dialect. This caused quite a stir until the good Prof's credibility was called into question when he was discovered to be drinking his own urine. However to this day conjecture over the correct spelling continues.
by therisingblues
Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg $3million in debt and a whole heap of shit to going down.
Not only hasn't its earned the right to its own thread, it has only provoked 4 replies in the heartland of SANFL blogs at 5pm the day it's made back page headlines of the advertiser.
SANFL starting to flatline IMO. Glenelg is a pretty large chunk of SANFL culture. That the advertiser is showing more concern (A great news item for followers of AFL who can now pat themselves on the back because they know SOMETHING current in SANFL news) than those of us who genuinely give (gave?!!) a shit is a pretty obvious symptom of imminent decline.
Apathy? She'll be right mate? Who gives a ****? For what reason is there so little talk on this?
I'm praying for a rich benefactor to get us out the shit, like it is rumoured to have happened elsewhere therisingblues ;)
GlenelgPeter? ;)
by therisingblues
Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not only hasn't its earned the right to its own thread, it has only provoked 4 replies in the heartland of SANFL blogs at 5pm the day it's made back page headlines of the advertiser.
SANFL starting to flatline IMO. Glenelg is a pretty large chunk of SANFL culture. That the advertiser is showing more concern (A great news item for followers of AFL who can now pat themselves on the back because they know SOMETHING current in SANFL news) than those of us who genuinely give (gave?!!) a shit is a pretty obvious symptom of imminent decline.
Apathy? She'll be right mate? Who gives a ****? For what reason is there so little talk on this?
by therisingblues
Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because they generally only post when they are winning . Not sure why when a club is in debt people see that as the end of the SANFL. If that was the case the AFL would be dead and dead years ago.
Not so much the club being in debt, but the deafening silence that has greeted the news.
I don't mean to harp on about it, but I find the lack of passion more of a worry than the lack of cash.
by therisingblues
Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Funny how these AFL-ites have this recurring opinion how we should stand by the league, when they all jumped off it years ago.
What's the matter, worried that there'll be nobody to watch your reserves play?
by therisingblues
Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

I thought it was Port supporters who thought everyone was blaming them.
Anyway, we just want them and the crows out, no matter whose fault it might be.
FWIW I was once a Crows fan, but felt conflicted by what little regard they held for the SANFL when they virtually forced their way in. If they left the SANFL today I still couldn't follow them, couldn't being the operative word. Just like the asshole salesman, it's my fault for buying his crap product but that doesn't mean I should befriend him either.
by therisingblues
Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no way in hell we would have got 8 pages talking about the Bays without getting this far off topic.

( Bays are broke > Joe had the SAN-mafia standing over him :lol: )
Well if you DON'T interrupt we were about to start discussing Caligula without the sexy bits.
See what can be achieved if you just go with it Booney? ;)
by therisingblues
Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get rid of Chiggy and I'll buy a membership.

I've had Sturt, South and West memberships over the years, will be hard to stomach a Gunelg one, but for the greater good....get rid of Chiggy!
If they reversed their stance on the reserves situation, I too would buy a Gunelg membership.
I've always been a big fan of Gunelg.
Yes, it's the only team in the SANFL where if you spell it backwards it actually comes out Glenug.
by therisingblues
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah mate, no way you can lose!
I've known Tottenham for 40 years mate ;)

The west ham way has been around for a hundred years

We r absolute certs to give our nearest and deepest rival a leg up in the last meeting at the old lady

I was right, you were wrong! :lol:

Well played West Ham! Despite us having more of the possession West Ham's performance was easily the best against us this season IMHO, on that performance West Ham should be right up there. Don't mind losing as much when the better side wins.
What a night of results, maybe Arsenal and Spurs were both too worried about this Saturday's game.
I was going to come on here and get all ungracious and here you are saying all this...
Cheers Wedgie, glad to be wrong this time. :D
by therisingblues
Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Car parks are small places - having cars banking up behind you, as you'd like to drive off quicker when you leave is stupid.

Plus:
- If you are about to drive out, while I'm trying to reverse out, I can't see your brake lights to know you're leaving
- getting into your boot is hard
- you actually make it harder for me to get in and out of the car, and yourself, because there's less angle for you to open your door.

And this is all because you want to be able to take off quicker.
In many cases I will reverse in because the turning circle on my Camry makes the Titanic look nimble, it is actually easier and quicker to reverse in a tight situation, otherwise I am doing a three point turn to get into a parking bay, and then I'd have to pull a final manoeuvre to get into the middle of the space to leave a space for all doors to be opened. Effectively, a five point turn/ manoeuvre.
In other circumstances the park might be the first one on the near side when turning right into the car-park. Far easier to position yourself with the car's butt facing the space, with your indicator on, and then reverse in to it, than attempting to pull the aforementioned 5 point manoeuvre and holding everyone up. This is true even for my little Hyundai which turns on a dime; in some situations it saves everyone time. To this day there has not been one person who has misunderstood my intent when reversing into a park, either by stealing it ahead of me (eg, if they entered the car-park from the far side and could drive straight in) or honking their horn because they are "confused" (hmmm, if they don't notice the reverse lights and indicator maybe they shouldn't be on the road, or maybe they enjoy the sight of cars performing three point turns in a narrow parking bay? Don't know, I have never happened to me.)
I will also reverse in if there is no one around, and hence no one inconvenienced. As often happens when it is time to leave, there is a lot of traffic, people queuing up waiting for parks. I jump in the car, waiting car notices this, I give a quick wave so they know I am leaving. They wave back, off I go and the traffic goes a bit smoother.
by therisingblues
Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

No good deed goes unpunished hey?
I hate these shits that sit back and take shots at those that are actually doing something.
by therisingblues
Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Sturt v Centrals - Sunday 10 April @ Peter Motley Ov

Interested in the true blue supporters opinion of Josh Hone... How do you see him?
Saw him do some great stuff last year. I think he had a good game v North. Got him mixed up with Penfold at the time, as they look similar and are both goal kickers. I guess he was very damaging if allowed space. Perhaps needs to perform under pressure more in order to take the next step.
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Sturt v Centrals - Sunday 10 April @ Peter Motley Ov

And they played some music over the PA about 5 mins from the end after they scored a goal. I wondered if it was something by Adele, or maybe the Weather Girls.
Really? I would prefer that they didn't do that if true. PA should only be used for announcements during footy games. Not for beefing up atmosphere, or telling the crowd when to cheer etc.
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 live scores

Any reason Glenelg and Norwood didn't play?
Both clubs probably played internal trials.
What a waste.
Makes no sense to me.

If they did play an so did all other teams during their bye then get ready for the Grand Final to be held in August before the AFL even starts finals......
It shouldn't be based on 18 rounds. Simple.
The ridiculous programming is to cater for the reserves. The whole bloody comp revolves around them now.
Those that give a shit the least shall inherit the comp.
by therisingblues
Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lives Scores R4

:D I see also, some very good news from Manuka Oval in Canberra!
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

Just asking actually, but my reason for that is as I said in my post. I'd expect greater repercussions against Cornes for flipping your hat. The other thing is it is not unusual for supporters to give the opposition a serve as they leave the Oval. Yet your account has them saying nothing more offensive than "Do you want a tissue."
So playing Devil's advocate here, are you sure it wasn't more like "Do you want a ******* tissue?" and one or two bits of advice on how he should leave the oval? The account you have provided just seems a bit benign given the circumstances.
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

johntheclaret wrote:
therisingblues wrote:We got Leicester tonight John. Wish us luck!

Sorry Theri mate, I'm a closet Foxes fan

Oh crap!
Where's the "unlike" button? Maybe if I press that little exclamation mark that'll do something that I want. ;)
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Ham 14 shots on goal to 4 by Leicester. Dominating possession also at 57%.

WE GET ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by therisingblues
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |