Search found 354 matches

Return

Re: Psybers' thread

I love how virtually every post contains an unrelated comment about how rich/sexy/interesting/well connected/daring/virile he is, AS WELL AS some comment vaguely related to the topic. Eg (something along the lines of...) "...after I ravaged the sweet blonde haired lassie she gasped the question if I enjoyed her as much as her younger fashion model sister. I deem it ungentlemanly to let a lady down, especially one so enraptured, so I merely raised an eyebrow and ravaged her again.
I left her purring between the sheets, then smoothed my full locks down and donned my leather jacket. My vintage Harley had me on time to meet my rich lawyer friend at the Burnside Shops, and I don't care much if passers by found my attire unsuitable."
by therisingblues
Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psybers' thread

Happy Birthday for yesterday Psyber old chap.
As for the exercise I recommend a Rocky Balboa suggestion: release a chicken into your back yard and try and catch each morning.
Good for the reflexes and the heart.
by therisingblues
Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WG GRACE

Grace was probably the best batsman in the world and close to the best bowler in the world for an incredibly long period of over 25 years.
Remember also that he was at his best before he played his first Test at the age of 32.

His 1871 season is arguably as dominant as any of Bradman's seasons

In all first-class matches in 1871, a total of 17 centuries were scored and Grace accounted for 10 of them, including the first century in a first-class match at Trent Bridge. He averaged 78.25 and the next best average by a batsman playing more than a single innings was 39.57 , barely more than half his figure. His aggregate for the season was 2,739 and this was the first time that anyone had scored 2,000 first-class runs in a season; Harry Jupp was next best with 1,068. Grace's highest score was 268 for South v. North at The Oval. He took 79 wickets at 17.02 with a best analysis of 7–67. He claimed five wickets in an innings 5 times and twice had 10 in a match

Personally I would have been very surprised if he hadn't made the team.
Its a test XI, so what he did in a North Vs Souths game is irrelevant

Thats not quite right from my understanding Mr Beefy
They are celebrating 150 years which takes it back to 1863. Test cricket only started in 1877.
Therefore with the above stats i think it's a more than fair call to include Grace in the best 11
In other words, he had his best season years before Test cricket had even been invented.
Sure, the books indicate he played a huge part in the development of the game. This is also indicates the game was under developed when he dominated. But just because he had the idea to play balls off his legs (for example) doesn't mean he'd be in the best 6 bats of all time. You have to question the staff the game was at when you hear such fundamentals weren't yet standard.
Call him the father of cricket, okay. But surely those who followed excelled him under much higher standards.
by therisingblues
Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Thanks for the link Hawks 21.
I tried posting a reply to this topic a while back but I somehow screwed it up using the new site format.
Basically though, I cannot comment on his tenure as CEO as I'm not privy to the ins and outs of running the club.
But I'll remember Benson as a member of that 1988 team under Mervyn Keane, the one that promised so much future before it got sliced up. I also remember him putting up his hand to help when we were in deep shit and about to fold in the mid 90's.
Glad to read of his achievement, hopefully the club will be in better shape for his work.
by therisingblues
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Adelaide CROWval= OMFG!!!!!!!

Another chapter in the 'only in Adelaide' series.

Could you imagine a Melbourne based AFL team 're-naming' the MCG!!!

:oops:
The Western Bulldogs were referring to Docklands as "Doglands" when that stadium was first used. I think one of the other tenants was doing a similar thing as well. As cringeworthy as the Ravens.
At least Dog and lands are actual words. Crowval is forced, try-hard bullshit. It rings of tired cliches like "something to crow about" and makes me think of that Foodland ad that came out when the Crows first started, the one that had all the Foodland staff cheering in slow motion, while a voice over assured us how much Foodland supports the Crows. I'd say the sort of people that think "Crowval" is witty, would be the same sort that need a giant sign to tell them when to cheer at a football game.
by therisingblues
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You make me want to Crow up.
by therisingblues
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

Thanks Big Phil!
That's freaking awesome. I'm an instant fan of this guy.
by therisingblues
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Nothing to do with fact he's taken 700+ wickets ;) Tall poppy syndrome in Australia - gotta love it :D

Seriously?? You think his action was ok?
I can see his point though
Murali was reported twice in his career for chucking and Botha has been reported 4 times.
If Botha played for South Africa or India he would be labelled the biggest cheat in cricket yet because he plays for an Aussie side people consider it ok that he cheats, talk about double standards
Is this a joke?
Before "Murali-gate" there were nothing but straight arm bowlers. I can only think of that poor Aussie bloke who got done in England for chucking. Was it Meckiff? Anyway, umpire called him, he never played again.
Murali, however, gets called for chucking in Australia and his whole team threatens to return home mid-tour! They'd rather call the game into disrepute than accept the verdict. Slow mo analysis of his action confirmed he was indeed chucking the bloody thing! But the consequences that the Sri-Lankans had threatened forced the ICC's hand. Suddenly it's okay to chuck. The huge number of wickets he took over his career seems to confirm there is an advantage to chucking.
How can you defend that? They aggressively pushed for rule changes so Murali could play, of course others would follow once the advantages of chucking became legal.
Piss weak by the ICC. But absolute bullshit from Sri Lanka.
by therisingblues
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

dedja wrote:So have we worked out who's dick's bigger yet? B-(

I'm nominating Phar Lap. I think they have it stuffed in the national museum.
by therisingblues
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

RustyCage wrote:As much fun as it is to bag the poms, could we avoid the c-bomb

Crumbling?
Oh, sorry. Umm, bumbling pommies!!!
by therisingblues
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And it's a valid point that some people don't follow the AFL that much, but those people would be in the vocal minority and sometimes we have to adapt and love with the changes.

Yeh right, 40,000 Crows fans and 20,000 Power fans can't be wrong. But at the end of the day they still have their Crows, Power and AFL. Why do they need the SANFL too? So far as I'm concerned SANFL fans are the majority in the SANFL comp, and AFLites claiming some sort of right of dominion should apply only to their specific comp.
In a nutshell, I don't care how many you number in your comp, you're not welcome in ours.
by therisingblues
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd rather see the extra money spent on interstate AFL memberships put back in to an SANFL club. At least an SA AFL club some of that money is retained in this state.

For example, 5500 SA based Bombers memberships going towards building a shiny new building at Windy Hill and a batch of the latest peptides, yippee. All so you can do a fist pump on the lounge and feel a part of it?

Perhaps if the interstate clubs put a percentage of members money from the state they receive towards grass roots footy in that state it might be of benefit? Or does that happen already? If so, I digress.

Of course people can do what they like with their own money, but I find it a shame that for most their AFL team that they once followed for the hell of it and secondary to their SANFL team has now become number 1 at the expense of their SANFL team. This is every bit a factor in belittling the SANFL as Crows Reserves sides are.
Well Aerie, I love the Blues. This alone was enough, but throw that streak by Helen Domenico in the 82 grand final, and it's hard to ignore a club that can produce such class! Then Motley played for them also, but I was already a Carlton fan by then.
When the Crows entered it confused things for a while. For many years they were like state team, and I have a lot of time for Blighty, so I have great memories of the two flags. However, the Crows have pissed me off in many ways of late, 1 being a stupid reliance on a scoreboard to tell the fans when to cheer, another being its arrogant muscling into our comp.
I'm a Carlton fan again. I can no longer identify with the Crows. I donated my Crows scarf to poor people, so if you ever see a documentary about Japan's homeless and see one of them in a Crows scarf you'll u derstand what that's about.
Go the Blues!
by therisingblues
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

bennymacca wrote:Warne is the all time greatest human to have ever lived

Bloody oath! Man's a legend, a national treasure, a hero, a testament to leg spin bowling, an ornament to the game and a diamond in the crown of Autralian sport!
Warnie! Warnie!
by therisingblues
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs Vic - Sheffield Shield

SA 3/163
Hughes 77 no
Cooper 54
Vic 118 all out
GD Putland 10.3ov. 2m. 16r. 3w.

1st days don't come much better than this.
by therisingblues
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alice Springs

Rik E Boy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Pommies 2/56
Trott last man out, caught in the gully.

That would be Root

Give him a break, he hasn't watched a game for 13 years. 8)

regards

REB

Yes, it's really screwed up my spelling.
by therisingblues
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

SHEFFIELD SHIELD LADDER ROUND 5

Team W L D FI Pts Q
 NSW 2 1 2 3 18 1.129
 SA 2 0 3 2 16 1.083
 Tas 1 2 2 2 10 0.869
 WA 1 1 3 1 8 1.099
 Vic 1 2 2 1 8 0.898
 Qld 0 1 4 2 4 0.982
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela Dies Aged 95

I can only admire the mental fortitude of this man. His strength of character must have been so amazing to have gone through what he did, yet still come out so sharp, determined and balanced to lead and unite his country.
R.I.P Nelson Mandela
by therisingblues
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BTW, I became a born again Carlton fan after the Crows succeed in their muscle drive into the SANFL. I followed Carlton until the moment the VFL invaded the SANFL, now the Crows have committed the same sin, I cannot follow them any longer .
The AFL is nowhere near as important for me as the SANFL, I wouldn't swap clubs otherwise.
I still say you're questions ARE irrelevant to my ORIGINAL POST.
The AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL IS an agreed upon deal, it was voted in by 6 of 8 clubs (which was the majority needed). The SANFL may well have had a long resistance to the AFL, but not anymore, again it was them that agreed to letting the crows & power reserves in. They had the chance to say no but didn't.
In my opinion the VFA became the second best comp in Victoria the moment the VFL/AFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names.
If you don't follow Carlton any longer (your words) then my original post is not aimed at you. The line before that however says you are a born again Carlton follower so you've contradicted yourself a bit.
You also say the crows have committed the same sin as the VFL (which is Carlton included) actually backs up what I've said, the crows & power have done the same as the other now AFL/then VFL clubs.
How about we agree to disagree so this can get back on topic. I say its hypocrisy, you say its not. We are both allowed our opinions.

Yes I think we're going to end up disagreeing. That's fair enough. But I'll give it one more go.
Your original post was about hypocrisy. Some posters have a go at the Crows for doing what their own nominated AFL club does. My points have mainly been describing how the two situations are different (ie. AFL involvement in the VFL vs the Crows' SANFL push). The reason for this is that if the two situations are different, then posters cannot be accused of hypocrisy for treating the two situations differently.
If you follow, and agree with the above then you'll also understand the relevance of my posts to your original argument.

BTW I was using the term "born again Carlton fan" as meaning originally a Carlton fan, and now a Carlton fan again. My stint as a Crows fan signified a period where Victoria (not Carlton on its own, my understanding is that the Vic clubs were against expansion) did all it could to force the SANFL into joining. My beef then was with the AFL hierarchy, personified by everything Victorian, and South Australia being represented by the Crows. I carried a soft spot for Carlton all these years but I never held them responsible for what happened, it was just that a team more relevant to my situation appeared. But that situation no longer exists. I do hold the Crows responsible for this final insult, they're far more culpable than Carlton ever were (as Ian put it so well "they were operating within a system created by the AFL", hence blame lays with them, not the individual clubs, hence difference, hence relevance, hence not hypocrisy).
Anyway, it's all done and dusted now and we will see if it all turns out so bad or not.
P.S. You are a good many rungs of the ladder above Beeny. I don't even bother with him anymore. Everything's about how everyone's picking on Port, or how Port saved the SANFL or he's hanging shit on the entire SANFL comp. Dancing a little jig at our misery.
by therisingblues
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

SA: 3/ 201 (70.3)
Batting Now
CJ Ferguson 69 (133)
PJ Hughes 78 (228)

by therisingblues
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And they finally pass our score with 4 down...
NSW: 4/ 53 (19.2) & 373 (93.3)
SA: All Out 426 (136.2)

Batting Now
PM Nevill 1 (5)
BJ Rohrer 27 (46)

Bowling
KW Richardson 0 / 23 (4.2)
Effectively 4/1
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice, solid start here:

SA: 0/ 0 (1.0)
Batting Now
PJ Hughes*0 (6)
M Klinger0 (0)

Bowling
SA Abbott 0 / 0 (1.0)
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

If Australian people bought Australian cars it would help out the Australia economy and we would not be in this situation, same goes for everything else we buy.

Unfortunately people don't think about our economy when making their purchases.
I was once a loyal Holden man, and my first three cars were holdens, but eventually I wanted something with a bit more style and less of those nagging little problems like boot lights that didn't switch of and drained the battery.

I had to resort to shutting my wife in the boot (briefly) from time to time to check on the damn thing. ;)
"No, no. Stay in there. I got a feeling they might come back on again in a couple of hours..."
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Well I hope they find as many ways to pick on Port as possible through this draw. 3 home games in the opening round in the past 15 years is FAR too many IMO. That's 3 good honest SANFL clubs missing out on the vast, bottomless riches stolen from their coffers by the unconscionable PAFC.
WAAAAAHHH!
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Squids wrote:The man with the anger issues fined 35% of his match fee for showing descent towards an umpire.

Dan Christian btw.

He went down on an umpire?
In public?
With all the kiddies watching?
Very un-Christian like!
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Carberry gone 43.
I obviously had the digits the wrong way around ; 43, not 34.
by therisingblues
Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the FREE BEER!! thread

Footy Chick wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It is a real group - http://www.bungfritz.com.au/

Don't call us, we'll call you and, unfortunately FC, you don't have the relevant parts to get the call. Sorry.

Pfft. Boys club hey? :(

Sorry, no sausage? No sausage!
by therisingblues
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

MW wrote:England cricketer Ben Stokes

Beeker from Muppets

LMAO!
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A: Everything, according to most AFL-ites, we are whinging just for the sake of it.
B: Generalisations serve when there is a generality, overgeneralisation would be saying something like we don't want the AFL in the SANFL just because we don't like the Crows or Port. (Gee, imagine someone being dick enough to claim that!)
C: Rationality is a good thing. But when we worried that the AFL reserves would be in the SANFL as early as 2013, many laughed us off as being irrational, it'll never happen etc..
So what is rational and who's the judge? Seeing as our fears have come true I think we have exercised better judgment than you so far.
How long do we have to sit back being perceived as rational while our league is whittled away before our eyes?
by therisingblues
Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I'm not sure it's Benny who is incapable of understanding the topic at hand.
And according to you we were all overreacting when we predicted the AFL would put reserves sides in the SANFL. Your attitude of there's nothing wrong just close your eyes and ignore the forces eating up the SANFL is fuelled primarily by your greater love of the AFL.
I happen to love the SANFL and I really don't get why we need to be advised by people who clearly have no feel for the comp about how we should react to the continued insults inflicted on it.
But the Crows and Power have what they want, stuff the rest of us hey.
by therisingblues
Thu May 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double header at Adelaide oval

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.
I would love to see SANFL at the Adelaide oval during the minor round. I'm unsure of the costs involved with using the oval, but if it was a double header involving say Sturt vs Norwood then Glenelg vs North, we'd be giving ourselves the best chance of breaking even or making a profit. In past years I would have included Port in the equation, but their supporters get to see their side play at this magnificent venue every second week,also I have never seen a top side with such a small turnout at Unley, ever, I don't think they would turn up in any case.
I'm sure there'd be good reasons against it. Loss of home gate takings being one, and the figures might be too prohibitive, but I'm sure the novelty factor of SANFL at the Adelaide oval along with our top four crowd drawing teams putting on the show could potentially pull12,000 or so through the gate. For my part I'd attend even if Sturt weren't playing, and I reckon many other neutrals would also turn up.
At the very least it deserves to be considered by the powers that be IMO.
by therisingblues
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ABC running sheet.

The sheet, she isa runninga downa my leg!
Whya I eata da **** -eeng curry?
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

I heard on the radio that the unemployment rate is now the highest it's been in 13 years, what a wonderful time to be sending industry overseas!
by therisingblues
Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Never studied much economics, but I really don't get how investing billions in thousands of Aussie jobs and producing the desired product is an inferior choice to sending billions of dollars overseas and receiving an equally good product.
Of course there's been debate about the quality of product that each party could make, some claiming the aussie subs would be better, others the Japanese, then the issue of costs with both sides claiming the opposite's product to be more expensive and on and on with current production delays, which is also justified by experts, who claim that's to be expected and will be remedied as the workforce becomes more experienced.
The issues go on and to my mind, with good and bad touted with either option then surely spending billions, keeping the cash HERE and creating jobs is far more attractive.
by therisingblues
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Yep, the sanfl's prestige took a huge blow accepting those two bastard children. This site is dead now, interest at games is like amateur comp or worse at times.
2013 marked the beginning of the rot. With the power openly flaunting the rules, everyone who didn't have their head up their arse knew where things were headed and interest dropped significantly. 2014 was masked by the novelty of it all, but this year will reveal the future trend.
by therisingblues
Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

How long can clubs keep going with such low numbers?

its funny. i asked about falling memberships at North's "information" night before the introduction of the reserves teams. i specifically asked that if members voted with their feet, and didnt renew, at what point would North revisit its decision to vote yes, and vote the reserves teams out. the answer from our esteemed president was that they would never vote them out, and i quote, "if membership falls that far, the club would close".

i shit you not, the roosters management would rather shut the club completely than reverse an unpopular decision. i wonder if they will stick to those guns or if it was all bluff to try to convince what they saw as a small handful of diseneters....
The customer is always wrong so don't try and tell us what to do, we'd rather close down than listen to you. Now **** OFF!
Signed: management, NAFC.
by therisingblues
Tue May 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port's use of runner/physio v Sturt to be investigated

A couple of years ago, the magpies began openly transferring power reserves players to within their own ranks, in open defiance of the rules. The SANFL responded by giving them a whole team used specifically for that purpose with special operating rules unique to that side. I am now wondering if this current development is a precursor to port being allowed extra players on the field, "for the benefit of the wider footballing community ", of course.
by therisingblues
Thu May 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Just saw this posted on Facebook by a Port supported in response to a post made by a Sturt supporter, why do Port not get the same kind of criticism that Adelaide do?

"I watched our reserves beat your A grade the other week; I realised how grateful I should be that my club has moved beyond the second-rate feeder league that the SANFL is."
I think you should remind the moron that far from moving beyond it, his club recently joined the second rate feeder league when they entered their bloody reserves team in it!
You can also tell him if he really does wish to move beyond it, then good luck finding another second rate feeder league to accept his idiot filled reserves side which seems to have trouble understanding which comp it is in.
The internet, providing a podium for retards since its creation.
by therisingblues
Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Sturt v Adelaide @ P.Motely Oval (Sun 7/6)

I've seen some great footy by the Blues at Peter Motley Oval this year. We have also been patchy at times yet still come up with the two points. It would be great to see us put together 4 quarters of our best with the twin goal sneaks Hone and Penfold taking home a big bag between them. Coad will need to fire as his best is very hard to stop and Kurtze, like a fine old Cab Sav is nearing his best vintage and been a real solid performer this year. There's been a consistently reasonable turn out of home support this year at old Unley Town and I'm tipping a crowd of about 2,000 Sturt supporters and a serious half handful of ravens, relatives of the players perhaps, to round attendance out to around a big 2,005.
Go You Mighty Blues!!!!!
by therisingblues
Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Sturt v Adelaide @ P.Motely Oval (Sun 7/6)

Just to summarise, crows have their three or four worst players of about amateur level, replaced by three or four fringe AFL players, but it might work in our favour because the crows might manage their players by resting them during crucial stages of the game AND we may be able to just rough them up a bit and they might question if it's really worth their while trying to win what is just a reserves game for them.
Have I got that right?
by therisingblues
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Are you denying that there's a trend Matt?
by therisingblues
Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

Strewth this thread has gone on a bit.
LPH and LEH chewing each other's heads off again?

WTF?
2 x comments only ... well, 3 now :roll:
Sorry, was a joke directed at your split personality, you know, the thread's 9 pages long, South vs Eagles, must be that LEH and LPH are going at it....
Boom-tish.
I thought there'd be at least someone else out there that'd find it funny.
Anyway, play on.
by therisingblues
Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Sturt v Norwood @ Unley

Without wishing to inflame the "anti-footy in Unley" crowd I'll tentatively agree with you.
by therisingblues
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

I hope this is the gutsy decision that leads the Panthers to the right track. It seems they try so much, reinvent themselves every five years or so and then fall back to mediocrity again and again. The long suffering panthers fan deserves his picture in the dictionary next to the word "patience". It'd be easy to bag this decision from a distance, but hard decisions need to be made before success. Without being privy to the background story I just hope it is as I've described it. I'd rather South bring home the flag than any of the others currently in the 5. (wouldn't mind Westies winning it though)
by therisingblues
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

I haven't assumed they are all racist at all. Read my posts. I have said they can't complain if they are lumped in with the racists if they continue to allow themselves to be associated with them by booing.
My apologies if this is true. So much has been written on here, and today's paper was definitely spouting that line. It basically denies one side a voice, and turns a debate into a mess.
by therisingblues
Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Poor article IMHO, someone telling Adam how he should act and feel. No one has that right.
The way hes been treated and the things he's been called wouldn't upset me either, but it doesn't give me the right to tell him how to feel and act.
On the whole the article related to how the author feels impacted by Goodes' actions .What's wrong with him offering some advice at the end ?
by therisingblues
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Pretty funny odds for a 2nd v 8th game at 2nds home ground.
A side at full strength and full of pro's v a side at half strength and made up of part timers, nup Ravens should be $1.10 :D
That's it.
These are the moments where the farce is so highlighted. In a normal competition a side surging from the bottom of the table signifies new found belief,or that things have clicked between team mates or an exciting new prospect has found his feet, ready to take the next step step. This genuinely validates the competition because they've discovered "what it's all about". When you've got a team suddenly winning games because they're getting topped up from a multi million dollar reservoir of talent from the next level up....
Well I guess it's good for the AFL pros, isn't it? And that's the main thing. Lucky we've got them to tell us what's good for us too.
by therisingblues
Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Lightning McQueen wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Finding a Metal Staple in my Subway

Did it fix your hunger?

It did stop his roll from falling apart.

How riveting!
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: South v Adelaide Saturday 8 August @ Hickinbotham

I don't think we'll get any better leaving the cancer in.
Removal is the first step. Then a vigorous marketing campaign which emphasizes the importance of the SANFL as part of our historical suburban identity needs to be launched. I'd focus said campaign on a slogan of"real football" or something of the like, with catch phrases like "they played for the jumper", or "when there was nought left but heart, their forefathers held their ground against their hostile neighbors"... Just off the top of my head, I'm sure a marketing type could come up with lots of good stuff to reconnect the SANFL with its roots, emphasizing the honesty of the comp, it's attachment to the very streets we walk and its grand history. I believe the reapplication of the original values should go a long way of reversing the scourge of reserves boot camp from the comp's image.
by therisingblues
Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |