Search found 369 matches

Return

Re: Are the SANFL being up-front?

Been talked about for weeks, clubs are apparently opposed, which means it will be voted in.
by smac
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sachin Tendulkar announces Test retirement

His lying to the tribunal during the Symonds-Singh case has changed a lot of people's thoughts of him as a person. As a cricketer though, he is in the top handful in the history of the game.
by RustyCage
Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DRS Farce

I don't think that helps one bit. They just needed to change the procedure of how it's used. Don't assume no spot means no edge and if the technology proves inconclusive don't take a challenge away.

I think ideally you make all bats have some sort of coating that helps show edges up. They say the tape they use dulls the effect, no doubt there's something you can put there to increase the effect.
by Grahaml
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psybers' thread

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm in Mt Barker tomorrow - might go Psyber spotting!

I thought you were a Psyber stalker.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Adelaide "Crowval" does it for me. Whoever made that up should be hung, drawn and quartered.
by Aerie
Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

Could someone type the gist of the article please? My I-phone won't load it much.

West Coast Eagles player Ashton Hams has 'retired' from AFL, at the age of 27, not because of injury or opportunity...

He is originally a South Fremantle player from the WAFL...

With the new alignments, all West Coast Eagles player will be playing for East Perth when in the WAFL from 2014 on...

David, a passionate South Freo Bulldogs man, refuses to wear an East Perth Royals jumper so brought to end his AFL career...

He is going to play for the South Fremantle side on a full time basis next year...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Failed creations gifs he uses as his avatars. find them amusing
by woodublieve12
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.
by SimonH
Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Is it still a sensitive issue?

When is a thief not a thief?
by scoob
Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

I think there a few other things involved in the chucking debate as well.

I'm not ok with pacemen having illegal actions but in saying that I don't think it has as big an impact as when a spinner has an illegal action, with the spinner it allows them to impart extremely more spin and sharper angles than ordinarily they could get.

The other thing I consider as well is that in Muralis case I don't think he was a deliberate cheat, it was more a case of he had an action which he couldn't help and he was clearly a chucker.

Where these days I think a lot of the spinners with dodgy actions have on purposely developed the action because of the advantage it gives and if they wanted to they could bowl with a 'normal' action. This is whats scary about the ICC rules. What happens when the next great spinner comes from India and he bowls with a action 2 degrees more than legal. The mark will just move again, where will it stop.
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

If its not free being a Saturday you should be able to get a nearby park for free.

Haven't watched a ton of Cleary and wouldn't mind having a good look. Also keen to see Botha chuck a couple down.

If we have a special day we will be top of the table for the first time in a long long time.
by wristwatcher
Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So its the Cocks v Cockheads in Round 1
by Jim05
Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Trott gone

2/55 at Lunch
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon on a hattrick

Prior gone

6/87
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trot's hotspot in the 1st test

by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My point is that the SANFL system has been compromised and a feeder league for the afl for years, but some you have just failed to realise that. Think of a flood of fringe afl players coming back for sanfl finals, and tell me that never compromised the league?

It is the same as a local footy league - if course it is compromised by the fact that players could leave mid season to go play sanfl (especially juniors) but it is a necessary evil.

So you are saying that instead of just one competition being compromised we will potentially compromise every senior football competition in the statel to satisfy the whims of Sanderson. We do not all support the Crows or Power and I heavily reject the notion that we should support these 2 teams from all levels of football in this state. The crows and power are part of a club compoetion, they do not represent the state.
Yes its ok for juniors to chase their dream but they can do that without AFL clubs in the SANFL.
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warnie, much like the family cars of Australia, has undergone too many changes to be still considered a classic. Sure, he might resemble the old model with similar badges, but he just isn't what he used to be.

Like the old Ford or Holden, Warnie was pretty broad,built for cruising and was perhaps even too heavy for the role that he played. He gave off the occasional puff of smoke and ran on the rawest of ingredients, but, get him on a nice flat straight stretch and he could spin his wheels with the best of them.

Now he's undergone some European styling, is more plastic than he is polished chrome and he runs on a mix of premium ingredients. His whites are now in his mouth instead of on his back and he spends more time tweeting than he does tweaking.

I still like him, but the old model was more collectable.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386113768.741934.jpg

The Aussies have been out there for a bit checking the pitch and doing some fielding practice, looking amazing, the concourse on level 5 of the southern stands gonna be buzzing tomorrow!
by test
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly ... never seen an umpire go up to a batsman when he's smashing it all over the park to settle him down because the bowler is shit
by dedja
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK... I think North Melbourne has contributed towards screwing the VFL.

There you go... you must be happy now.

Having said that, it doesn't make the Crows seem any less like wankers.
Would have been happy if you just left it at the 1st line.
Are you saying North Melbourne are wankers as well, coz if not its hypocrisy.
not sure if its hypocrisy. People on here have the SANFL as our concern, mostly, not the VFL. I'm a Carlton man and saddened by how we've treated Preston-Northern Bullants-Northern Blues-Carlton in the VFL. My passion doesn't lie there though. My main concern is with the competition that I enjoy going to every week and the effect on Glenelg FC. Fair to say the locally based AFL franchises have royally screwed the over - with no small help from our president. :evil:

I imagine most in this forum would have similar views.
by puppet arms
Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK... I think North Melbourne has contributed towards screwing the VFL.

There you go... you must be happy now.

Having said that, it doesn't make the Crows seem any less like wankers.
Would have been happy if you just left it at the 1st line.
Are you saying North Melbourne are wankers as well, coz if not its hypocrisy.

For how they've treated the local VFL comp... yeah... why not.

I expect I'm free to label the Crows wankers now.

I think the AFL (formerly the VFL) as a whole have screwed over the VFA, part of that was renaming it the VFL, since then all clubs have played a part in that but they were working within a system that was created by the AFL for them.

The difference over here is they had the best compromise system in the country, the Crows could not look past their own greed and self interest and see what was really best for the competition that created them, it is just like swindling your Grandparents for self interest or gain, morally questionable at best.
by Ian
Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela Dies Aged 95

After visiting Robben Island and seeing the conditions he had to spend the bulk of that 27 years in, for him to have continued the fight for what he believed in all that time was remarkable. He wasn't the only one that sacrificed their life for that cause but he certainly put everything he had into seeing it through.

I shudder to think what the world would be like without people who fought for the rights of others.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon picks up Root, good catch by Haddin
by Jim05
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

Ton to Hughes

4/250

I think he really enjoyed this one
by Brodlach
Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great result, and must admit was blown away yesterday by how awesome the Stadium is .. Felt very un-Adelaide like.
by JK
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Interesting facts about opening round matches is that South have played every Round 1 match at home from 2000 except 2001 and 2011 at Woodville and 2007 at Encounter Bay. Sturts home match to start last year was their first since 2000. Norwood opened with a home match every year from 2001 to 2009
by spell_check
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

beenreal wrote:Of course a Sturt supporter wouldn't complain about no season openers at Unley. Erecting that fence to keep out the dog walkers means Sturt home games run at a loss.

They're going to have the some number of home games over the season anyway, what does the fence have to do with it?
by RB
Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

If Australian people bought Australian cars it would help out the Australia economy and we would not be in this situation, same goes for everything else we buy.

Unfortunately people don't think about our economy when making their purchases.
I was once a loyal Holden man, and my first three cars were holdens, but eventually I wanted something with a bit more style and less of those nagging little problems like boot lights that didn't switch of and drained the battery.

I had to resort to shutting my wife in the boot (briefly) from time to time to check on the damn thing. ;)
by Psyber
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Accoustic songs

Thank You
Bron-Y-Aur
Tangerine
Gallows Pole
That's the Way
Black Mountainside

Get the Led out.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

oops, didn't realise the points for WA's win was already put up!

Currently

SA 22
NSW 18
WA 14
Tas 10
Vic 8*
Qld 6*

*includes 1st innings points from Qld v Vic, which looks like being a draw
by RustyCage
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compiling Accurate Stats PAFC

What the man does or does not do for West Adelaide is his concern, not mine.

I comment on someone else writing about MY CLUB and I'm the Troll? So very typical of this backward Forum.

Call it Historical revisionism all you like. I call it muckraking

REALLY? Clearly with all this time on your hands you decided to focus on Port Adelaide, instead of devising a way for your own club, West Adelaide to better keep track of its funds.

In bold is where you a) troll and b) suggest other things he should be doing for West Adelaide, so clearly you think it is your business.

He's not muckraking - just as protocols needed to be established for WWT after their merger, they need to be established for Port Adelaide and the Magpies' place as the PAFC's first and then second priority.

But, hey, you'll pick a fight out of anything.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

And Siddle gets FIGJAM again.
Bats for over an hour and a half to make stuff all and then gets out to a rank shot
by Jim05
Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ENG: 4/ 155 (56.1)
Batting Now
BA Stokes *4 (8)
IR Bell 1 (26)

Bowling
NM Lyon1 / 29 (11.1)

Fall of Wickets
1-85 (MA Carberry, 25.4 ov)
2-90 (JE Root, 30.5 ov)
3-136 (AN Cook, 48.4 ov)
4-146 (KP Pietersen, 51.5 ov)

I think everyone would agree my predictions have been cuttingly accurate thus far.

Yes your predictions were pretty good
I will acknowledge it if no one else will
I know the feeling
I've sometimes predicted accurately in the past , with little or no credits from the others
I give them the benefit of the doubt, they expect it from me !
by mal
Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Holden sponsorship

Other clubs have/are sponsored by Holden dealers. Southgate at Panthers & Claridge at Sturt. No reason that couldn't happen at Centrals. Best result for all would be a major manufacturing business moves into the plant , keeps lots of jobs and could be a sponsorship option too.
I shine the sponsorship offeredby adeslership woildbemuch smaller than that of a manufacturing plant.
I like theidea that another manufacturer could take the plant over, but what would they manufacture?
Government's got some work to do on that.
English good speak do you.
by Wedgie
Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Psychic Blues:

England will lose their first wicket in the 70's. Most likely 73.
The wicket will be Cook, caught in slips for 34.
This will trigger a collapse of 3 further wickets before England reach 100.
England will make 238.

This will happen.
I am sort of psychic.

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Nostrarisingblueadamus , very very good predictions
by mal
Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the FREE BEER!! thread

Had work show at a local hotel on Saturday night where there was FREE BEER!

By the end of the night, it was FREE DOUBLE JAMESONS! Ouch.

Am going to the races on Wednesday arvo and I will be the recipient of FREE BEER & WINE! Gotta love being part of The Bung Fritz Appreciation Society of South Australia.

I don't mean to hijack the FREE BEER thread, but how good is FRITZ.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I could watch the flight of this ball over and over again:

by Q.
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

England cricketer Ben Stokes

Beeker from Muppets

by MW
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing what happens when rain doesn't "save" a team from defeat, when DRS doesn't influence the outcome, when pitches aren't ridiculously doctored.
Amazing what happens when a coach is appointed who is a man's man. Who understands our culture, who can sort out the shit in our dressing room. A coach who's been there and freely encourages a frothy after a win. A coach who pisses off the silly rotation system.

We have an opener in Warner who can put a bowling attack on the back foot within minutes. We have a skipper who's tactics are brilliant and is a world class batsmen. Haddin is in career best form after overcoming personal adversity. We have a group of bowlers who complement each other. Harris is all class, Siddle is all guts, Lyon gets better and better and then there's Mitch. We haven't had a quick put fear in batsmen since Thommo. His head is clearly in a better space.

When we took the final wicket I was stopped at traffic lights. The bloke in the car next to me yelled "you beauty", the two young tradies opposite me were high fiving - it's a great day to be an Aussie. One could be excused if one indulged in an extra tinnie or three tonight.

The arrogance is back, so is the swagger and the chirp. But most importantly, for the Australian cricket team and the Australian cricket public - the good times are back.
by Spargo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

If the average person went on public transport, ranting and shouting at passengers, they would be ejected from the bus/train.

If the average person on their own, started yelling in Rundle Mall and accosting people, they would be warned and arrested if they didn't cease.

Quite why this group is allowed such free rein to "perform" as they do, impinging on the rights of people to walk the Mall/public places without being harrassed, is completely beyond me. The term "right to free speech" becomes a very convenient fallback for a percentage who actively abuse that right to the detriment of others who do not want their equal right to peace being impinged upon.
by CK
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

All you Port and Crows boys and girls, instead of whinging and whining, how about just don't read the thread. You know it's about. I have no interest in the AFL. Do you see me in that forum making flaming posts?

You whine on about how every thread is hijacked by the anti afl mob but most of the crap that starts drags a topic down is posted by one of your lot.
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Central v Sturt @ Playford Alive (Sat 24/5)

Beard and crocker are good to go
by Jimmy
Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

Who were Sturt's best?

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

The death of your football team not stopping you asking pointless questions then.

You know nobody cares about the Maggies anymore don't you?

You're right. That's why 3/4 of this forum is whinging about Port Adelaide on a weekly basis.

Yes but that is whinging about the Power isn't it though.

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: round 18 South vs Sturt 2014

Big Phil copy cat. ;)
by Booney
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I would love to go back to the 80s and have 3 state leagues and 40,000 people supporting the local teams but it not going to happen as money control sports these days.

Not having a go at you mate, but I hate it when AFL apologists trot out lines thinking SANFL fans believe the glory days can be re-visited, because it's absolute fuggin BS!

Not one single Sanfl fan is under any illusion as to our place in the pecking order, we just want an equal, non-compromised competition. We're more than happy with crowds of 2.5-3k, offset by a few lower and a few blockbusters.

We'll still continue to make AFL players.

What is unreasonable in wanting to be un-interfered with? AFL supporters, the vast majority of whom have zero knowledge and interest when it comes to the Sanfl, continually cast aspersions that just aren't factual to try and support their attitudes of "no other competition in the country matters, we should use them as we see fit"
by JK
Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |