Search found 305 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

For the love of all that is good and holy... when the freaking heck is Bruce retiring...

I hate his commentary... he just asks questions all the bloody time..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
by Jase
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watched Spiderman:Into The Spiderverse, tonight with my youngest boy...

Bloody amazing movie... so well done...

by Jase
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 more seconds just 5 more fecking seconds

by Jase
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 more seconds just 5 more fecking seconds

5 seconds? Playing the second half wouldn't hurt.

That was always going to happen. We couldn't keep getting clearances like we did. Kruez, Simpson and Newman getting injured hurt (pardon the pun). Gallant effort to fight back after being headed. That team last year would've lost by 6 goals. The team last year wouldn't have been leading by 36 points at any stage either...

Things are certainly looking up...

by Jase
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Umpiring is just so bad... so so very bad...

by Jase
Sat May 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2018-19

Sucked in Santalab you knob...

Panenka, yeah nah....

by Jase
Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

I may have missed something earlier in the interview on MMM this morning, I know it is a festival type thing around the Festival Centre and along Nth Terrace but have schools been taking kids to events this week?

The reason I ask is if not then only those parents who see no problem with it would take their kids to be read to by a Drag Queen and those that do could move along and check out some other stuff...

However if schools were taking kids to the festival and parents weren't aware then I can see why some would be a bit upset. As there would be some parents who don't think it is age appropriate...

I don't reckon it would really bother me too much, provided the content of the book was appropriate, that would be more of a concern that who was reading it...
by Jase
Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

Absolutely love the Blues Indigenous guernsey...

by Jase
Sun May 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

That puts to bed the notion that Hurn would get the ball first and then Tex hit him high...

What. A. Soft. Effort...

by Jase
Mon May 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Bolton - I still don't know if the guy can coach or not. He should be given the opportunity while the guys are young. I'd back him till the end of next year.

Ratten - would love him back. Senior assistant??

Bolton - Im done, I wouldn't give him until the end of next week never mind the end of next year...

Ratten - Back up a big truck full of money, dump it at his door, beg and plead to get him to come back... He's turned up at the Saints and while they weren't great on the weekend, they have won 5 games already this year... if we continue the way we are, we won't win 5 in total between now and 2022...

We are a laughing stock, we are a rabble and it needs to stop.... not at the end of next year, as soon as possible...
by Jase
Tue May 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon was attacking Juddy's integrity with regards to saying one thing and doing another... Hmmmm, I reckon Judd has every right to comment that perhaps someone with a history regarding a lack of integrity might want to be careful as to what they say...

What did Lyon actually want the Blues hierarchy to say over the past couple of weeks? Of course they are going to publicly back to the coach, imagine if they said he has 2 weeks to fix this or he is gone... The media would lose their sh1t about mistreatment of the coach...

Bottom feeders the majority of them...
by Jase
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Dakota, Stereophonics I can understand The Bartender and the Thief, but Dakota?

The song represents a certain memory in my life. always takes me back.

The strength of music is an amazing thing.

I hope that you weren't upset by my comment... I apologise if you were...

I very much agree with the strength of music... A mate of mine and his wife were killed in a collision between their car and a Semi trailer while moving across Canada about 10 years ago. He was an accomplished musician who played in a number of local bands here before they moved over to Canada... I hadn't been able to listen to his music since the accident...

Then on Sunday morning, at church, another mate was finishing up his sermon and to finish, played a song that was written and sung by our friend and his wife...

It just broke me and i just wept... there were a number of people there who were in the same sort of boat... music is a powerful force...
by Jase
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

The girls are going on a respite weekend from Saturday morning to Monday arvo...

How are they going mate?

( Admire your work so much on this )

Hey mate...

The girls are amazing... life is very different now, going from two teenage boys who were pretty quiet and happy with their own company, to having a now 3 and 6 year old girls who are REALLY loud it is a massive change, but it is awesome...

We have been really lucky, there are no major behavioural issues with the girls, the youngest one certainly knows her own mind and thinks she's about 15 years old, she can be a bit naughty but all in all she is funny as and a kind little girl.

The older Miss Jase is as smart as anything, like really smart, super athletic and full of life. She has her struggles as she was older when the girls where taken and she remembers more, but she deals really well and we just need to be aware of when things are getting on top of her. She will go far that girl, after 3 weeks of doing gymnastics she was asked to try out for the competition team, which she skipped Level 1 and onto level 2... She's a freak....

The boys are amazing as well, really proud of them both the way they have adjusted to the girls, there are times that it is a to much for them so we make sure that Mrs Jase or I take them away, even if just to get a milkshake or some Maccas so they can have some space... They are looking forward to this weekend as much as us, so everyone wins...

Mrs Jase is still struggling a bit with her health so that is hard, I'm pretty much the go to guy for everything at home, but we get by and the kids are fed, watered, clothed, and safe... Mrs and I are happy and it's probably up there in the best things we've ever done rankings...

:D
by Jase
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Birthday on Friday, driving the boys up to a sports camp in Murray Brodge Friday night.

The girls are going on a respite weekend from Saturday morning to Monday arvo...

Meaning peace and quiet...

How's the bloody serenity....

by Jase
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Ok thanks everyone, we'll discuss it tonight and then Mrs Jase will tell me exactly what I am going to do... ;)
by Jase
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Mrs Jase took me out for the day, went to the movies (saw Rocketman) and didn't see a second of today's game...

I will now be going to the movies every Carlton game and that means we might make the finals...

;)

by Jase
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The support of the SA Footy Family...

Mrs Jase was, and still is, stunned... unfortunately not speechless, but stunned none the less :)
by Jase
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - The run home is underway

That Bont chap is somewhat of a handy footballer... bloody he'll, he's playing like it's dry while everyone else is playing with a cake of soap... class

by Jase
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Looking forward to my first round since October last year... playing in the guest day at TTG...

First time I've played there since 1993... I played all my junior golf there and finished up playing golf all together when I was 19...

I am actually really excited to play there...

Shotgun start at 12:00pm...

by Jase
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

So.....

Started in the 15th down the hill over the lake in front of the green... could have been an easier start... solid drive, just carried the water, little chip and run solid 5 to start...

The 16th hole is out of action due to remodeling so the had the temporary 16th par 3 in play, this was the original 16th, but is the spare hole now... put it on the green with an 8, snaked in a 30 footer for birdie..

Then bogie, par to "finish" the back 9. Pared the 1st then went Double double double...

Wheels were off at that stage... but got it back together a bit on the rest of the front 9 but ended up with 14 pts...

Played the "last" 5 holes (10 to 14) really well and it ended up being 22 points on the back 9...

After that 30 footer couldn't buy a putt, but really enjoyed myself...

Oh and won an Oakley shirt in the comp...

Actually can't wait until the next time...

by Jase
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2018

The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Brad Scott come on down :)

Brad Scott > St Kilda
Richardson > Pt Adelaide
Hinkley > Carlton.
P1SS OFF

if we get rid of Teague for that clown, that might actually do me in...

No offence Bedge...

by Jase
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 2019/20

Liverpool played Bradford City in a pre-season friendly/charity match on Sunday...

Funds are being raised for the Darby Rimmer foundation which is raising funds for MND research.

Stephen Darby is an ex Liverpool player and was the captain of City when we had our History Makers team. He was diagnosed with MND last year and had to retire from football...

The good guys lost 3-1 but we were playing the European Champions

For those interested...

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/city-lose-out-in-front-of-record-crowd-for-darby-rimmer-mnd-foundation/

by Jase
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

This DavefromAlberton seems to have got a bit of the Juddy head wobble about him...

;)

by Jase
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a kid growing up in Brooklyn Park we had a 1/2 acre block and Dad had pheasants, quails, chooks, ducks we even had a goat for a while.

Pretty much every Sunday from the early to late 80' s Dad would neck a chook in the morning, string it up on the clothesline to bleed out and Mum would have it ready for dinner at 5pm. Dad would normally do a few quails as well, he'd munch on a couple for entree and my bother and myself would split one. We'd have duck when the ducklings got big enough, too.

We'd go out to Two Wells way with a few ferrets he had and trap rabbits. Some good memories of all of this, most notably the finished roasted product!

1880's?

;)
by Jase
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

I’ll take Teague over Voss any day of the week!
I believe they were the only 2 who made a 2nd interview or actually wanted the job.
For sure, hopefully the Blues can get somewhere close to who we knew and hated yesteryear.
Teague can accelerate that hatred if he puts on a John Elliott mask.

Bring Jack back I say.

...and the brown paper bag full of cash... :)
by Jase
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hang on... what's happened here?
by Jase
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Flume.

Discuss.

Erm...

No, I've got nothin...
by Jase
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The minister for finance giving approval for me and some mates to see Liam Gallagher in December...

Will be awesome...

by Jase
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

More than a few unhappy Dons fans that I've seen online. Might not be all that welcome by some.

regards,

REB
I don’t think the club is prepared for the backlash. Will be booed more than the umpires :)

We forget how ******* stupid the average person is sometimes.
I wouldn’t waste my time booing him personally but I don’t want the flog anywhere near the club and there will be a rift in the playing group if he returned.

C'mon Jim, it wouldn't be Essendon if there wasn't a rift somewhere in the club... ;)
by Jase
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

So who is going to actually umpire the GF because every game the umpires show they have absolutely no idea what they are doing...

by Jase
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

Mumford can take the ball out of the ruck run 5 metres be tackled by 3 players and just drop the ball, play on... Razor Ray is a complete knob end

by Jase
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Used to spend a fair bit of time at the Village on a Thursday night but our favourite place was Stix in Gouger Street.

When that closed/moved it was then Shotz on the corner of Pultney and Pirie...

Many a beer consumed and Jig danced while listening to 80s and 90s UK indie...

by Jase
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

by Jase
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

Great news mate!!

I came in to rate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tams, but somehow it pales wellllllllllllll in significance to your news. Hope the recovery goes well for Mrs J bud Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tams would, in my humble opinion, be pretty much on par with my news...

:)

by Jase
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

How long until Danger feigns injury?

by Jase
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which Professional teams do you follow?

AFL - Carlton (bloody useless the lot of them)

NRL - St George Illawarra

A-League - Adelaide

English football - Bradford City (bloody useless the lot of them)

NFL - Buffalo Bills (Bloody useless the lot of them)

NBA - Celtics

NHL - Kind of the Bruins, but only the Boston link

MLB - Red Sox as Per NHL
by Jase
Fri May 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

So older Junior Jase has been talking up how.much bigger, stronger and faster he is than me these days and he was needling me so much that Australia Day we had a sprint from one end of the.local oval to the other...

Now he's a couple of inches taller than me and he's a wirey BUGGER so he's got me in the strength area as well but there is no way he's faster than me...

Mrs Jase just shook her head and we started the race... Junior was a yard ahead of me after 50m but I hadn't tuned the jets on, hit the gas and bang bang, both Hammies have near exploded...

Mrs Jase looked at me, rounded up the kids and walked home...

I had to shuffle the 600m home, Mrs did come.and pick me up half way home, gave me the frozen peas and then just quietly sniggered as she messaged her friends about he idiot husband...

This is me yesterday...

Stupid old age... :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/5aec718ce4a58847d7051a602811cef9.jpg

by Jase
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Faith No More, Monday 18 May, Entertainment Centre.
Tickets bought today. Gonna be a good 'un methinks...not quite the 1993 Angel Dust tour, but good fun nonetheless.

Gor our tickets today as well, General Admission... will be looking for somewhere to sit about an hour or so in, not as fit as I was 20 odd years ago...

:D
by Jase
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Oldest son was supposed to be going on an Outdoor Ed camp to the Arapiles in Victoria tomorrow..

That's been postponed/cancelled...

We had church via Facebook live today... not often you can sit in church in your jocks eating bacon and eggs...

Could get used to that...

:)

by Jase
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If schools are closed soon will teachers still be paid in full if they are unable to teach via skype etc to students?

I can't see many schools not being able to teach remotely. Our plan is to go with Microsoft Teams and also SEQTA Forums. Our teachers are currently teaching both live, and remotely, for each lesson.
Cheers

Our school is also heading down the Teams path as it seamlessly (ahem) links with the rest of the 365 Suite...

All teachers have been told that their programs on SEQTA need to be completely ready to go for online learning by the end of Wednesday...

Most teachers are pretty good, but we have run across some issues in the Junior school due to Shared classes and multiple programmes, Junior School don't like change but for their students to be able to access the full programme while they are at home, they are going to have to make adjustments... they can be a precious bunch... :)
by Jase
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absentee rates are increasing slowly here at the moment...

As of 12:00pm

Junior School - Absentees = 29%
Middle School - Absentees = 25%
Senior School - Absentees = 28%

School wide 28%

Not too bad, Jase; similar to Iggies. How are you finding delivering lessons both physically and online?

Hey, I'm not a teacher, I work in the IT department, so we are getting everything ready from a tech perspective to allow the online delivery.

Mrs Jase is a Year 7 Pastoral teacher here and she is actually only missing 2 students at the moment, there are a number who are also finishing up coming into school after today, but she is pretty switched on so she will be fine.
by Jase
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What does this part mean, surely teachers and non teaching staff realise that if there is no work there is no employment, just like the everyone else???

Schools would still be operating, just on a different model; online. Not one of my students would miss a single lesson more than they would normally. We can teach online quite effectively. I just had a lesson with my Accounting students on Microsoft Teams - it was just like being there, a Microsoft Word document was visible on everyone's screen that I gave the instructions and steps on.

We had videos and microphones on to take questions and give answers.

Support staff are still very much involved in assisting with our delivery; IT staff even moreso than normal. Support staff are contacting all parents daily to see how things are with their children.

EVERYONE in a school would still be working just as hard, if not harder.

Hope that helps the understanding.

This is also why we all get so frustrated when it is said that if we close, students will lose a year of their education: total, absolute bunkum! They don't need to lose any of their education. Well, as long as they have computers and a working internet - those are areas the govt should be addressing with their stimulus spending.

Cheers

Valid point re not losing a year of their education, but not sure all schools/students in SA would be in the same privileged position as Year 12 students at St Iggies (no facts to back up that assumption :D).

That is why one of the stimulus measures should have been to make sure that all students have suitable computers and access to internet.

All Middle and Senior students are our school have Laptops, these are purchased by the parents over a 3 year period for each school.

They get a Middle School laptop, lowever spec'd device and pay it off from Year 6 - 9
Senior school then get a higher spec'd laptop and pay it off over 10-12.

Junior school years Reception to 2 are getting work books created by staff that will get them through an extended period of time.
Years 3-5 will have their lessons online but not through Teams. All information, including lesson expectations, assessments, resources, videos etc will be able to be accessed on any internet connected device.

That covers all years at the school
by Jase
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just found out, that not only are we providing online off campus lessons for those not attending classes...

We are also now providing online instrumental lessons... so of Little Johnny is learning the guitar he can keep learning online with his instrumental teacher...

What a time to be alive...

by Jase
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching ScoMo, most positive he has been.

Reckon we will be moving to less restrictions within the month, 6 weeks tops

No changes for the next 4 weeks.

I reckon at the end of that we'll definitely see changes, restaurants, pubs etc.

From a selfish point of view, I would prefer to see Kid's sport opened up first, purely because Senior Miss Jase is bouncing off of the walls and desperate to get back to competition gymnastics...
by Jase
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those playing at home and those that aren't...

Junior School opened today for students to start back if their parents wished it (Middle and Senior start next week)...

Junior School attendance rate was 87.5% for today, to compare it to the 1st day of Term 1 the attendance was 97%

Not to bad considering...
by Jase
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Open the bloody gymnastics clubs, or little miss gymnast may get backflipped out the window...

(I jest, no gymnasts have been be hurt at all in the production of the post)

by Jase
Mon May 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just had a couple of days down in Port Elliott with the family... Stayed at a mates shack just outside of Port Elliott and the weather was absolutely perfect.

The Girls had never been there before and they were in their element, down on the beach, walking around Granite Island and and a trip up the Bluff... Met up with some friends down there, had a couple of refreshing ales at the Crown while our kids had a run around on the grassed area across the road...

Just an awesome place down there. I've even talked Mrs Jase into looking at getting our own little place down at Goolwa...

Good time had by all.
by Jase
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How are the girls going mate?

How has it all panned out?

Absolutely brilliant...

The just fit in the family so well. The eldest, has a few more "issues" with regards to missing her dad and mum, but behaviorally, nothing to worry about (at the moment). She is very smart, very driven and just wants to do well, read competitive, at everything. The younger one doesn't really know her Dad or mum, so we don't have any issues there, though she is a little more headstrong, stubborn and down right awkward at times, but nothing more than a regular 4 year old can be.

Considering what they had been through, they are amazing little girls who love fully and have adjusted so well...

However when they turn into teenagers, I will be moving into the place in Goolwa and Mrs Jase can fight that battle...

Our boys have settled well and, they are just good lads. Our youngest boy and the eldest girl tend to clash as they can be very Black and White in what they believe, and if they are butting heads then the fireworks can be pretty spectacular.

Wouldn't change it for the world...

8-} :-BD
by Jase
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't there a comment about deportation, then the comment about their lips looking like baboons butts, where are Baboons from? - Africa (or the Arabian peninsula)

Make sense to me and I don't see the issue with the comment. He was saying their lips looked like baboons arses... and baboons are from Africa...
Oh there was a need to make that connection to where baboons come from was there?

You just sound like a drunken wife beater, must be from Ireland. :P

Ok, I may be drunk...but now I'm confused...

:oops: :drinkers: :butthead:
by Jase
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Well that was junk...

Murphy is done
Moore should never play for us again
SPS isn't a defender
Cripps can be very dumb and tries to do to much
Murphy is junk
Teague was out coached (not that shocked he's still learning)
Murphy is a turn over machine...

Way to ruin the start of the weekend...

W@nkers

by Jase
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |