Search found more than 1475 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

I didn't watch all of the game, but enough to see some very bizarre decisions by the umpire- 2 Geelong players consecutively should have been pinged for holding-the-ball, when the ball eventually spilled out to an unsuspecting Port player, who was gang-tackled (with no prior)- Holding the ball!
It's this lack of consistency with umpires that turns me off the game- sure players make mistakes, but they are made accountable (benched/dropped/given a spray/de-listed even), but not umpires, as they're untouchable.

yeh, there were some strange ones. As an impartial I thought Port got the rougher end of the pineapple but I don't think it made the difference in the final result.

That one you speak of Punk was bewildering. The Josh Hunt holding the ball I thought was let go a few weeks ago when I saw multiple instances of people dropping the ball like that and it was called play on. Because there are so many opportunities to watch games of football, the inconsistency becomes stark. 20 or 30 years ago, with only the sporadic game on TV and not replayed constantly thru the week made inconsistencies seem invisible to the general public.

I sent a message to my Port mates saying "LET IT GO UMPIRES FFS" because again they seem to want to intervene for no reason other than to over-officiate.

There really needs to be a review done at years' end. Hopefully Evans takes hold of the place and gets rid of Gieschen. I feel sorry for the umpires if this bloke is in charge because he blurs any clear lines that have been set by the rules committee (if any!). Push in the back for example.
by gadj1976
Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

I honestly don't see any rational argument for people not thinking allowing same sex marriage is a good idea. Unless you are homophobic.

The main issue I have with religious groups saying that same sex marriage undermines the sanctity of marriage is that they ignore the fact that divorce rates have skyrocketed, and there are people out there that are on their 4th marriage etc. or like Britney Spears and only last a few weeks or whatever. All of those things undermine the sanctity of marriage much more than two people who happen to be of the same sex getting married.

The current liberal argument for opposing this law makes me so angry. They say there should be a congruent set of laws over marriage in Australia. And while I actually agree with that, it sidesteps the issue that YOU D*ckheads are now in government? Fking change the law at the commonwealth level!

Lastly, with regards to the debate about same sex couples having access to IVF, I think they should be allowed to. At the present time a single mother can also have access, which is surely a worse situation than having two loving parents. Not to mention 15 year olds can have babies whenever they want so they can get a new tv. Or just because they are careless. IVF is a massive commitment, financially and also in terms of how stressful it would be. And it has to be a choice of the parents. Surely this puts them in a better position than the 15 year old that gets knocked up

Well said.

Without wanting to pigeonhole any religious users of this forum, they're just as inclined to commit adultery, rape, indecent acts against children and people in general, and other crimes as non-believers.

Having done the majority of my schooling in the private system, I couldn't believe the level of homophobia, bigotry and sexism many of my teachers tried to pass on to us. But that's not to say all religious people are like that. In fact, some of the most open-minded, caring and compassionate people I have ever met have faith in one god or another. But there are also a great deal on non-religious types who are as bad as some faith-based folk.

What I'm trying to say is that like Pierre Trudeau once said "there's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and "what's done in private between adults doesn't concern the Criminal Code".
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Being a Demons fan ...

well, i thought it was funny
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Don't worry you turn it into veal.

har har har
by Squids
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:Given your current industry, would your employer understand what you are saying?

True, but some gestures are universal. ;)
by Failed Creation
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome to sanflfooty.com

Welcome to sanflfooty.com

Only in its infancy but I thought I better get it up* to try and replace footysa so fans of the SANFL have somewhere to chat. I'll be making it look a lot snazzier over the next couple of days and will be calling for moderators as well as any suggestions for new forums or deletions of current forums.

I've put a few up that coincide with discussion people have had on footysa on the old forum to start with. Let me know what ya think.

The colours/layout and logos will all be changing tonight to something relating a bit closer to the SANFL and I'll be making up a homepage for it too.

As regulars from footysa that I trust log in I'll make them moderators. I'll be working on clear regulations for them and users too to avoid any crap.

Wedgie.
by Wedgie
Sat Oct 21, 2000 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many people there are in this world that cant give up 1 minute of their day to respect our fallen.

Seriously....
by valleys07
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Just arrived to watch the second session Image
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

The Redbacks would put up a better effort than this!

Lets not get carried away!

waiting for the 'SACK BOOF' thread :roll:

At least the Australians are playing entertaining cricket. :D

Some of these chancers need to focus less on the big mouthed mental disintegration pre-series tactics and more on learning whether you use the flat or bumpy bit of the bat when they're out there.
by topsywaldron
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think TSG is a bit of goose at times (sorry TSG)... but just because he's made a comment, which is not threatening, abusive or inappropriate on a moderators post, should he be threatened with a ban???

That's a bit precious if you ask me...

Though no one is so I'll get back in my box... :)

I will take that as a compliment Jase.
by The Sleeping Giant
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

Blind faith?
Who was the biggest critic of the club when they've erred in my opinion especially when they stuffed around ex players such as Hargs?
Who couldn't get a question answered at an AGM because the board and CEO were scared of what I would ask?
Who was screaming blue murder when our major sponsor got to send a letter around in a club envelope?
Who was one of the biggest critics of some if the happenings under Jarman?
Who was part of a group that took the club on when the club wanted to merger?
Who was one of the clubs biggest critics in the whole reserves debacle?
I could go on but you've gone from half truths to an insultive ignorant lie now.
Geezus, the club especially under the previous CEO would have loved it if I did have blind faith.
I won't insult you but you're definitely more conformist to your clubs decisions than I ever have been!
And wtf has a grand final when the best side in the comp beat the side that came 5th go to do with anything? Clutching at straws now.
;)
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.

Well **** off and play against other seconds teams then.
The AFC is not a state team and deserve no more preferential treatment from the SANFL than any of the other 17 AFL clubs.
Anybody who can't see that has there eyes and ears painted on. **** morons
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

The docklands issues were more related to a lack of natural light. Besides, who grows grass better than South Aussies?
by Grahaml
Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ten axes Before The Game

The Footy Show was ok..........circa 1996.
by GWW
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that leave trolleys in car park spaces should be shot.
by Squids
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas

off to the inlaws tonight for a traditional uruguayan asado (ask any south american about it, pronounced asatho. ..) then working night shift tonight.

home at 730 tomorrow morning for pressies with little miss NG (almost 3) and Mrs NG plus junior nugget (5mths). after pressies and breakfast I'll go to sleep for a while before getting up around 4 and then at 630 we have some folks from our church coming over for a feed and a relaxed night then back to work for night shift again...

will get everything done plus double time and a half pay, booya!

have a safe and merry Christmas everyone and remember the REAL reason for the season.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
by nuggety goodness
Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Well done to the Reds, finished off a great game with my 8 year old son winning the signed 10 year anniversary guernsey in the raffle. :D :D
by NO-MERCY
Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Great atmosphere tonight. Kudos to the 15,000+ that attended. I'm sure a few thousand ony showed up to see the great man though. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic night!
by Blackwhite
Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cyclists who ride on foot paths. Footpaths are meant for people to walk on and for those in prams and wheelchairs. If you say anything about riding where they should, they have a go at you for saying anything in the first place. If they don't want to get hit by cars then don't ride bikes, just walk or get a bus or whatever.
by MightyEagles
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

What an absolute ******* disgrace. Half the ******* team up their own ******* arses and a ******* joke of a senior thwarting coach
How can a team d so ******* bad. ******* rabble who ducking thought a they had to do was ******* turn up. Taught a fu king lesson by a team that isn't that good but respect the *******
Three ******* lions my ******* arse, get back to the shithole IPL you ******* parasitic tossers with no ******* balls.

5 ******* 0
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

How is the messiah travelling now!!!
The transformation in this side under Pep has been amazing.
by Jim05
Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

I have a theory that it took the players a few months to understand him.
I know the only thing he's said that I understood was "Your goalkeeper son is shit".
by Wedgie
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:
Squids wrote:and here we go

Yep, this'll be gold.

Does anyone want to share some popcorn and a Choc-Top?
by Failed Creation
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Being told today that I have a full time position as a tradesman when my apprenticeship is completed on February 1st.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being able to confirm my wife an I are expecting our first child. Extremely excited!
by valleys07
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

A guy at works a Collingwood supporter and South Australian and couldnt see what the problem was. So I asked him a few questions.

1) If South Australia played a State game against Victoria, who would you go for? "South Australia"

2) If the Crows played Collingwood, and the Crows wore the SA State guernsey and Collingwood wore the Vic State guernsey, who would you barrack for? "****.......I dunno.....I couldn't cheer on the Big V, but I couldn't support Adelaide.....I'd probably just watch the rugby"....
Did you ask him which rugby?
Its very pertinent as if he'd rather watch Rugby League he's an ignorant airhead who should be ignored where if he would watch Rugby Union he's a smart man and worth listening to.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Gotta love G McIntosh's quote about the Crows: "That's what happens when people in bullshit castles make bullshit decisions".
You Macca are a deadset LEGEND!
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lisa's new house catastrophe number 56359395:

Massive puddle of water found at back of house - so much that it's soaked into retaining walls.

Checked the neighbours back yard as I thought it was coming from there. Nope.

I don't even know where to start. :(

I hate this house. I truly, truly hate it.

If I EVER meet Murphy, I'm going to stab the prick.

I'll give you $50 and a half drank can of pepsi for it.
by Squids
Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Footy Chick wrote:
heater31 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the rain is on the way allegedly

Up to 40mm apparently....

and no roof :(

Hang on its been 40 degrees for a week and you have puddles in your backyard already. How is a roof going to help you?
by heater31
Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe some of these "obese" members of our community have a genuine disability which allows them to use these parks.
Not all disabilities are visible. (Safooty is a prime example)
by Spargo
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd suggest the number of obese people with a legitimate disability would be very low, all you have to do is look at people shopping trolleys and its pretty obvious they just eat junk 24/7.
I agree that is generally true about what is seen in people's shopping trolleys.

Some of the plump people I know diet episodically but maintain their sweet tooth because that still like the taste and use artificial sweeteners instead of retraining their palate to less sweet expectations . However, some do have bone and joint issues that inhibit reasonable exercise, or endocrine problems like marginal hypothyroidism, or high Prolactin levels for various reasons. (Endocrinology can be complex.)

I'd have to admit to a certain laziness being a factor in my tendency to be a bit heavier than ideal, but on the bright side I'm not semi-crippled by joint damage from excessive wear and tear either...

However, I do do things like park a little farther back and walk further rather than pay to park right where I want to go.
(Being a tight b...... helps sometimes!)
by Psyber
Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

bennymacca wrote:
Squids wrote:FFS De Kock is 21 you clowns

Australia would kill for someone like him.

i hate it when i have to agree with squids.

see what you lads made me do?!?!?

why can't we be friends why can't we be friends
by Squids
Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Cirio makes to 2-0, this is awesome to watch, very sexy football
by Jim05
Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids is good value. I don't mind him. Having been banned once or thrice and deserving every one of them, they aren't given lightly.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring Squiddly back, by far the most entertaining poster on this site.
Admins take themselves way too seriously if they cant appreciate some of Squiddly's humour.
This smacks of a personal vendetta against the great man by some admins

If i start a thread to bring him back will i have it locked and a ban put on me??

Almost brings a tear to the eye.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Warrior

Didn't expect a MMA tearjerker!

Sibling title fight was brutal.

Reminded me of our fights in the backyard.

Never lost a fight to my sister.

Beat the shit outta' that bitch...
by Magpiespower
Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

If you can't kick by the time your 20, you never will. Can't think of one player who got better over time. Irish and Canadians don't count.

Warren Tredrea was a fairly unreliable kick for goal when he started, but with a heap of work and practice he changed to become fairly accurate in front of goal with his set-shots.
by Ruben Carter
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

When I was 25 I went through a real scary time for probably 2-3 weeks where I pushed myself to the max and it was the most scariest time of my life. It was not depression however a depressive period and my lovely Partner helped me understand this (through her studies) and I got through it without medication. I would have taken medication if not for the education and that helped me a lot.

I will never have a go @ someone who perhaps thinks they have a mental illness because the one I had short term was very very scary and that was without thoughts of self harm.....

Shithouse to say that on a public forum. One thing to say "Scared eyes" but **** me what an ignorant comment.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Crows 19th man idea. 40,000 wankers would be more appropriate but difficult to fit on the back of a guernsey.
by Wedgie
Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

This can't be happening, I don't believe it, it's not the possible, the crows have a reserves team now though.
by whufc
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jase wrote:My idiot Crow's mate stating that the better team on the day lost the Showdown... Un-bel-iev-able...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

They are all idiots
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

The AFL got over billion dollars in the last media rights deal but can't afford a couple of cameras on the goal posts for the video review,.

Working well at the moment isn't it?
by dedja
Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows supporters always having an excuse why they lost! :roll:
by carey
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love this pic of NG Jnr!

pumping them out, something i havent done for a little while...
by nuggety goodness
Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Umpiring atm is awesome compared to the SANFL. 10 years ago the SANFL was more atractive to watch than the AFL, its clearly the opposite now for footy fans.

there has been a massive transition from what we saw last year to this year. I'm putting that down to Mark Evans and the removal of Gieschen. Both elements have had an affect IMO.

Love watching the games now. I've only had to throw the remote at the TV 11 times this year, compared to 32 at the same time last year. Most of the 11 are Jeff Garlett, walkingintoanopengoal-related though.

Well I've thrown my remote more than you, Jarrad Waite, ******* muppet... :evil:

Yep, we're not good enough to be able to get the ball down there only to waste vital opportunities. I've stopped throwing my remote for instances where we miss set shots. Rather, I politely conduct a mini golf clap if we manage to squeeze one through the 7 metre gap between the big sticks. ie, not often.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

Ted E Bear wrote:Summerton keeps handballing to no one. WTF

He's looking for the Magpies players.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whoever picks the team at Mr McSpaz's footy club. He was going to retire - he's had a run of freakish injuries and the last few years have been pretty thankless - and then agreed to play Bs cos they needed players. It's been one bloody week and they've put him back in the As and he's got a broken hand. (That part is his fault though cos he hasn't told anyone and says it's only a fracture so it doesn't count. I asked him what he was gunna do about it and he said 'Strap it'.) ](*,)
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

From round 3 :

Hawthorn the stand out for 2014 already, with Geelong looking the likely challenger. Fremantle and Sydney, the much hyped other "top 4" candidates look out of sorts and need to string a few wins together now to start looking like top 4 sides. Early days, but any more than 4 losses typically means no top 4, this year might be different though. I expect both to start to bounce back, they need to.

GWS and GC have taken quick steps in their development this year. I think GC are a team who can push for the 8 this year and GWS with their additions this summer ( Mumford and Shaw especially ) have got themselves out of "easy beat" territory.

Paul Roos looks like a man defeated. I predict he won't coach Melbourne in 2015. By all reports he blew up after the West Coast game to the point of an assistant stepping in and saying ( along the lines of ) "enough is enough" and then the way he went burko at Terlich on Sunday and again after the game, I've got a feeling he didn't think it was going to be quite this hard. Clearly the loss of several key big men hasn't helped, but he looks rattled, and Roos never looks rattled.

Richmond continue to pretend, really, who would want to support Richmond? Jack Reiwoldt is an A grade flog too. One touch in a half, then kicks one and runs around like he has pulled the team from the jaws of defeat all on this own. He looks like a player who has some serious challenges in front of him at Richmond, or perhaps somewhere else?

Carlton much the same, they have a looooong season ahead.

Adelaide look shot. Dangerfield is trying to do too much and in the end doing very little, Jenkins/McKernan are no chop and by the time Lynch and Walker get back and up and running it will be too late for Adelaide's season. St.Kilda, GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne in the next 4 weeks. If one Crow fan tells me they've got a tough draw. Go one, tell me. Sloane is an outstanding player and leader but, like Dangerfield, too much is left to him. Sure injuries are playing a major part in their fortunes but three weeks in a row they have capitulated after half time and look like a rabble.

Port looked slow at times against the 'Roos yesterday, well played North. Polec and Boak were the target of early attention, they had 17 first quarter touches against Adelaide to set up the early lead, 9 yesterday. Port once again got out of the blocks but North fought back well to take the most slender of leads into half time. From there, Monfries looked like he was shot, Westhoff was kept quiet and Norths midfield took over.

Boomer Harvey, one of those players you acknowledge as brilliant, but I don't have to like him. I can't ******* stand him, he does it to us every time. Why? Our two best taggers for the last 8 years, Cornes and Cassisi, have never had the explosive pace to cover him. Richmond recruit Matt White did a solid job on him yesterday, but on the 3 occasions he got away from him, he kicked 3 goals.

Ports 4 posters for the day didn't help the scoreboard pressure or confidence and a week back home against Brisbane is just the medicine.
by Booney
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Yeah, nothing says love like pulling your sponsorship.

Well do it then if you sponsor.Round 3 now. Just sayin'

Lots of whinging coming out Elizabeth way..................spoilt non football folk maybe
:lol:

Nice try, but I think you might've just missed the point of smac's post there Bouncey.

More attention to detail please. It's nearly Round 3, after all. ;)
by StrayDog
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |