Search found 84 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

BP wizard: i would have thought its the coaches job to be at EVERY club function....
Hmm I think it depends on the function, and how long they are there. Personally i dont think coaches should be at the club getting blind with the players, opens them up to an array of issues as well as jeopardising the players level of respect for them.

Coaches job is to ensure on field success, encourage a positive culture and nuture/develop players. Yes support what the club is doing off the field so long as it doesn't affect what they are trying to do on the field.

you dont have get blind at an event..every social night organised, every football related meal night, every presentation after games and end of year awards, every event the junior committee ask for attendance etc etc are the functions i would expect my club coach to be at and as a coach i would attend all of these events and my social life ( whats left of it :) ) would take a back seat to these events..as A grade coach you are the face of the club..
by zedman
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:True the Lakers have lost perennial Mitchell Park killer Novosel?

Not true, spoke to him Saturday at Festa. Cash is being thrown but he will stay loyal.
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Well that would have been my preferance, but in the interest of the club, the committee have made a unanimous decision to pursue a position in a lower divsion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO going by what you wrote, the board took the easy way out! Any reason the board didn't approach the members and got there thoughts??? Like you said you would have prefered to stay up.

Like i said in an earlier post, i am certainly not having a go. Plympton were in the exact same position in 2005. But instead of asking to be relegated we battled it out, 30-40 goal loses to PNU on 2 occasions. winless for the whole year and believe it or not and in a strange way made the core group of players who stuck around tighter and in 2011 that same core group were rewarded with a flag... ALOT of work was done!!!

Correct WUB - we were going that rough that year that I was umpiring the B Grade then after the game had to quickly run off the ground get changed and face up in the A Grade.

Unfortunately part of being a club means that you need to go through the pain if you want to go through the spoils, and then that makes the spoils feel all the more special especially for those that were there in the rough times.

Turn the argument around, would a side call the SAAFL and request to be moved up a grade because they just reruited 15 guns and thought it would be bad for the comp if they won by 20-30 goals each week? Of course they wouldnt, they'd want to win the flag!
by Jabber
Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I think this is a bit hard to cop with Brahma Lodge electing to stay down. In my opinion the club had built its successful years based upon recruiting players from other clubs with there money and having a couple of successful seasons.

Did the club recruit guys who would stay around the club in the long haul or just jump ship when more money was offered?

Did the club build a culture where the players want to stay at the club no matter what money was thrown around by others?

Now Brahma Lodge are in the same position of many other clubs in the area who don't have the money to pay the same amount as Brahma had done in the past and are asking to stay down?

Is it a right to have a successful season each year or do you have to take the pain to make the successful seasons feel better.

I think Brahma should be made to stay up and feel the pain that a lot of other clubs have felt in the past.
by The Informer
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Heat Policy - a reminder

I thought we deactivated you. :?

Yes, I know we're talking about boys here - the majority of which don't have any common sense. ;)

*runs* ;)
I do what I want to do. Just inject myself when and where I see fit haha!

Are you with Essendon now?

He is a bit of a club sl?t

so it is very possible
by Cash 123
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nobody wanna play footy anymore :(
Ovingham
Brahma Lodge
Kilburn
Noarlunga
Mitchell Pak
Flinders Uni
Happy Valley

It's becoming an epidemic!

I think its more to do with these days less players are willing to do the hard yards than in previious years, maybe cop a belting and clubs like these (smaller in size compared to others)struggle to keep the players who are serious about their footy as they move on to 'greener' pastures and then the blokes 50/50 about their footy will stop playing.

Also the cultural demographic of the area plays apart. Im not sure about Mitchell Park, Ovingham etc but Kilburn has a high number of immigrants who arent really interested in footy, makes it tough to have a junior set ups required these days.

Modbury this year will be fielding 5 senior sides, U18s, 3 womens sides and 20+ junior sides.
by Footy Smart
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Robb_Stark wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Mawson Lakes does not have any juniors at all.
Never have.

they either have this year or are working on it for next year

Oh heaven forbid a club try and build juniors.. :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:What's holding ML back from implementing juniors? Manpower?

Pooraka..... :?
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

I heard an ex Mawsons player now Para Hills player has had enough of your crap PG and is going to line you up tomorrow night! Should be some good viewing..................

###This post may not be true :-)
by carey
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Is there any chance of moving all the tips to a tipping thread within the tipping section?

No... CBF :lol:

That's it, I'm getting myself cleared to Para Hills today as well ;) :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Look Good In Leather wrote:Maybe the SAAFL should look at implementing the ICA grading formula. Play 4 rounds and then grade teams into the relevant divisions.
The current system doesn't seem to work.

Well it does work, Teams spontaneously combusting in such a spectacular manner is a rarity
by jo172
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Div 3 - They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Glenunga a few years ago were losing by 40 goals in both divs (with some players having to play two games, just to ensure both teams played), they dropped divs and were relegated regularly and rebuilt. Teams shouldn't be gifted a way around a few years of pain just to allow them to rebuild quicker
Bit rich coming from a team who has been gifted promotion?
Should it be more about having competitive games in each division rather than punishing a club because they are struggling?
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a committee member and vice-captain of the club, I can tell you that no cash is handed to players unless they are in the best 5 that day. That's how it should operate - incentive based only - in my opinion.. would help stop average footballers chasing an easy pay packet every week.. They'd actually have to perform!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's wrong with paying players if sustainable?

The committee works hard to raise $$, pay a gun good $$ to play, they help you win more games and have success, club pushes into higher divs, becomes more attractive to play/sponsor, the club makes a good return on their investment.

Its is annoying as shit though when rival clubs are gifted $$ or revenue streams without working for it.

And clubs who do it irresponsibly in the end die.
by Jetters
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Riddler wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
The Riddler wrote:You must underestimate my power of persuasion Phantom ;)

It seems Bombers4Eva is equally persuasive now he is coach. ;) :lol:

You're very very far off the mark with this one MBK :lol:

So you're saying he's not that persuasive? ;)
by the milky bar kid
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Riddler wrote:You're very very far off the mark with this one MBK :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think he's as persuasive? ;) :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear it's arthritis as a result of old age...
Some people have weekly newsletters that delivers up to date information....Carey has snapchat so feel free to subscribe to that to get all the latest news and information about him both personally and professionally :lol:
"footballingwiz" ... the lad clearly has some mental problems as well as knee :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cant see it as a problem at all, i know my club had a 4 times Div 1 premiership player whos last season with them was a few B grade games come to our club and we are supposed to say no to him?

Guess we could of sent him to Pooraka?

Play on, all within the rules

i agree..rosewater havent exploited anything..plenty of clubs are smart enough to work the system as its presented to them..clubs and their recruiters who are not up to speed on the intricacies of the APPS shouldnt be in the job..
by zedman
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont understand why players would want to leave a successful grade ( winning & playing in Grand Finals in the past 3 - 4 years ) to play for a Div 6 side. Under achieving I reckon.

I know who you are talking about & that's a pretty silly comment B4E.

I played with him in my earlier days & learnt a lot from him. Great player & a great guy, but a player that is getting towards the back end of his footy career. The intensity & rigors of playing the Division 1 or 2 footy do take a toll & at some stage it can be worth going back and just enjoying your footy whilst also passing on knowledge to other players. Certainly not underachieving.
by the milky bar kid
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't the reason he came across, in fact they came because of him. Again u underestimate my powers of persuasion PG oh and of course the fact he lives 400m from the oval helps too :D
Yeah I know, they were playing at Ingle Farm at that stage..

Your powers of persuasion i must say are beginning to impress me lol
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

beef wrote:Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.

I agree. Should be no more than 1 per division and the preference should be given to the Grand Final replay.
by jo172
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.
by beef
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is a simple question i would like to know the answer too.

If it isnt a money making exercise to play on the day before 12, then why do it?

IMO people should pay there respect to those that served and gave us the life we enjoy today.

And dont tell me playing a Div 712 game of footy at 10.15 in the morning is paying respect.
by The Informer
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never said it was illegal, just thought footy clubs would have a bit more respect than that. Play on.
by Pag
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)
Their job is definitely to win flags, but to also nurture the young players, bridge the gap between players and be more than just someone who blows in for a flag and goes..

i honestly think some coaches go to where they think the best chance to win a flag is out.. not too many keen on a challenge these days and want to knuckle down and create something from nothing .

Intresting couple of posts there Phantom, quite a good read.
I espically like this one, could you please let me know if this is why you left Kilburn? Too much hard work?
by johnny bravo
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ventured out to the Rosewater v MLFC Anzac Day clash for a bit of a look. Lakes jumped out of the blocks brilliantly and were all over them for the 1st quarter and a half until the the Dogs machine finally kicked in. When they started to gel and get their running/spread/switch game going it was hard for Lakes (only 1 goal after half time) to peg them back. Rosewater aren't that tall (Schar didn't play) and have a lot of class in the midfield which obviously feed Williams well, they're a very good outfit but are very beatable IMO. Who will beat them though? Time will tell I guess if anyone will but it is a long season.

That was nice of you to grace grass roots footy with presence lol :lol:

Were you there to sign guernseys, boots or just to attract a bigger crowd? ;)
by carey
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Home schooled? ;)

No.. but to be fair I was 25 and it was yr 6/7 chess :P

I hear Year 7 was the best 3 years of your life
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We tend to ensure that when playing away we take the end farthest from the club house as a sign of respect. It annoys me if a visiting team takes the clubhouse end to warm up at our ground and we have been known to politely tell teams to please move.
by morell
Tue May 06, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, at home, everyone has an "end"
by Footy Chick
Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you would because you're a pain in the arse
by Footy Chick
Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out . You blokes get the points that's what really matters.

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

Gotta say that was my 1st trip to Rose Pk for cricket so was unaware of anything really, wasn't as funny as the scorers not meeting half way though. :lol:
by Arch44
Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol
:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:

LOL what is rentfree is not being able to make more than 65 in a grand final at your own ground ;) :lol:
by The Informer
Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The general rule in the AFL/SANFL is you warm up at the side/end your bench is
See that I can appreciate, that to me makes more sense than holding a claim to a particular end because it's your ground.

So for arguements sake, Mitchell Park visitor bench is closest to the club, so does that mean the visiting sides get to warm up at the end closest to the club? :lol: Yeah that's the reason why a couple of teams have started there. I think Riddlers lads might have even taken our end once . It just depends on the clubs, the timing and a wether or not were feeling prickly.

It's not the biggest deal in the world. As a rule of thumb when playing away maybe wait to see which end the home team takes. I know at West Croyden we ended up at the southern end and figured we would move for the home team as it seemed like that was their end. Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.
Sorry pal :) You see thats the thing, at the time I seemed to recall that it wasn't a lack of respect or anything and I think someone even asked if that was the end you should warm up and we said its fine.

It's more about the principle of letting the home team choose than it is about actually having a specific end or not.

Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.
What are you implying? I'm not implying anything.

The one I liked, and for the life of me I can't remember the ground or who it was against - there was literally nowhere to warm up before the game except for a small caged in area out the back, I think they were old tennis courts.

I will always remember the feeling of 42 blokes in this small caged in area before a game and marvelled at how there wasn't any biffo.

Athelstone is a bit like that I think you might be right!
by morell
Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:

LOL what is rentfree is not being able to make more than 65 in a grand final at your own ground ;) :lol:

Oh its a good time to be number 1!
by The Informer
Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.
So we should just forfeit this week and save the risk of getting injuries/reports etc? Give me a break. Anything can happen in footy as proven to us in the Bgrade last week.

also as proven last year when the same cries were heard in regards to RFC..18 rounds is a long time in football..
by zedman
Wed May 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't say they were unbeatable, but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

As close to a certainty as you can get in football for the flag IMO.

They're a much better side than last year and the comp isn't as strong.
by morell
Mon May 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Phantom,

Just a quick one for you................ Oh Hang on that's right LOL =)) =)) =))
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beeroclock wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Can anyone from Lockleys tell us why Sam Naley is playing C Grade this year?

Maybe because he's old.

Yes you are right mate, 25 is old in today's football terms
by The Informer
Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I don't get the hate for BP posts. Obviously still has some affection for the club but knows there are serious issues and posted accordingly.

If I was a coach of a team in the GF last year and experienced that fight I'd probably "jump ship" too.
by morell
Thu May 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

id be a bit concerned for houghton in a divvy 6 next year

without 6 or 7 big recruits,could they endure a similiar time to what mitchell parks and angles are having?

No.

Last two times we went up to D6, we were competitive. Next time I'd like us to make finals.
Turn it up :P

How about you jump ship again. Or burn bridges. You're good at both.
by Q.
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll talk when your ability to play or coach this game matches your ability to spew shit from a keyboard.
by Q.
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like I said, we were competitive both years that we went up. Even in the other years we finished bottom we had no trouble filling the two sides.

Don't cry about personal attacks when you've had no qualms about dishing them out yourself in the past.
by Q.
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a pisser! Q goes BANG
by The Informer
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I suspect this season has a few more surprises to throw up yet, and I definitely wouldn't be counting out Fitzroy or CU of making a charge in the 2nd half of the season.

I agree I think Rosewater, Ingle Farm, Blackfriars and West Croydon look like locks for the top 5 - what order they finish in is anyones guess and the double chance/home final could prove pivotal.

No doubt there will be surprises PG but the reality is you will need 22 pts to make the 5. Lockleys win 6 of their last 10 they are home. Fitzroy need to win 7 and so do CU. ML need to win all 10. As I said the 5 is decided and Fitzroy and CU are the teams who will determine the positions. No one likes to get ahead of themselves but you set your season up in the 1st 8 games. ;)
by Yank Man
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:At least I can catch up on some much needed house work :lol:

Just like a good bitch should do!
by carey
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

who are you?
by Footy Chick
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An enigma.
by Q.
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:who are you?

Shortly will be known as The Mayor of Houghton.

Footy Chick is talking about The Riddler Informer, yeah where you been Riddler, have missed your dribble. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Some interesting banter on Facebook over night.. Seems no love lost between Ingle Farm and Mawson Lakes.. Cam Stinear from Mawson Lakes has managed to fire things up and somehow managed to get Central United and Salisbury West involved and offside :lol:

I thought I was a keyboard warrior, but this young fella takes the cake! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |