Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Great showing of sportsmanship on the weekend by Jimmy Vandeleur, knicked one through to the keeper and given not out but subsequently walked. Things like that don't go un noticed and was a gesture that the Sandy boys were very appreciative of, cheers Vandy
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

The commentating during the Wyatts v Shield match was hilarious
by cokadonkeytoo
Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I agree re. Danger last night poor bloke is probably walking bow legged today. In saying that though where was the other 20 odd blokes helping Danger out. As a coaching staff that would be the first thing I would point out. Too many times Guthrie had an easy attempt to dump him in the turf without someone else in a crows jumper standing up for him. I wanna see a bit of mongrel, after all he's our best player and if he has a good game we generally win.
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Cheers mate, 2 years in a row for joint winners.

Yeah not sure why you didn't get anything for the 1 day final that seems a bit weird.

Any idea on how Chris McLean went in the voting?
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wonder if WWE will keep going with the Putin stuff after the events of today. Could receive some pretty interesting reactions from the crowd if they do
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone see the rock and hhh promo backstage on Smackdown???? Hilarious... Great stuff.

Yeah I gotta say that was one of the more funny things they have done on the show. Unfortunately there's just no one around on the current roster that holds a candle to the Rock. Also the bit they showed with Stone Cold and Booker from years ago is also a cracker. "Price check on a jackass!"
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket. Gebauer is another young bat who has been around the PDCA traps for the past few years. For those that may know the long serving Craigmore great Rob Howe, it's his lad. Has showed some really good stuff in the first two games.
As for the odds, Angaston are surely even money with Freeling at $1.20
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you would've made the same call as the square leg did? Then why call the square leg a disgrace and a f***ing cheat. I don't have a cheating bone in my body and play the game honestly and fairly, I don't have a problem firing my team mates if I think it's out. I didn't think Bill was out, but hey why don't the association spend some money and supply GoPro cameras for square leg umpires.
Bring on next week
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ouch! That's tough on GV
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carnival team is:
A. Kokot (c)
A. Kokot (vc)
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
A. Kokot
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Raed moves like a statue 24/7. :lol:
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why can't we bloody play cricket today!! Looking at the 10 day forecast on Foxtel is saying low thirties all week and 41 Saturday and Sunday so maybe next week will be a week off as well
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Fuller would've turned his phone off after dropping Trez on 7, went on to make a 100. The rule is 24hrs of sledging and after me and Hilly hit him with 20 odd texts in less than a minute he may have turned it off
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

Bloody healthy for the club if you ask me, still got three blokes to come into the B grade and 1 into the A grade. Finally there is competition for spots throughout all grades. Plenty of blokes playing in grades they don't normally play in
by cokadonkeytoo
Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

I was lucky enough to be his coach for a couple of years of juniors and I'm just pumped for lad that he's doing well at the A grade level. Hopefully he can squeeze his way back into the 19's state squad. I hadn't seen him bowl for a little while and caught a couple of overs on Saturday and thought he had certainly gotten quicker but wasn't sure what he was like compared to others. Really good kid and i hope he continues to improve
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Yes umpire wasn't happy with the mud on the secondary pitches or the fact that the bowling side would be disadvantaged by the wetness of the oval. Was happy to call it off at that stage. Then there may have been a misunderstanding with Mallala believing it was done and dusted and a few players heading home while Sandy still thought it was possible, by the time the sun had come out and a decision could've been completely sorted out Mallala only had 8 at the ground. Umpire said game off and drove away. Two weeks in a row affected by weather is frustrating
by cokadonkeytoo
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

In the Barossa we have 3 levels of Under 12's all are 9 a side and range from beginner (milo cricketers) to advanced (as close to real cricket as possible) I was also apprehensive about the shortened pitch when I first saw it but now really like it as I have seen a big shift in quality of cricket played. No longer are all the runs scored over mid wicket and square leg, you now actually see some drives and it gives the spinners an opportunity to land the ball closer to the batsmen without having to get it up into the clouds to make the distance. The only thing I am interested in over the coming years is the struggle some clubs may run into transitioning from 9 a side in the 12's to full 11 in the 14's.

And we got great reviews from our juniors and parents on the changes implemented but I guess everyone's different
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

As a Crowd supporter i am more than happy for the Club to be super aggressive and potentially drip off for a couple of years. Offer up Tom Lynch, see what comes up for him. Move Jenkins on, even if they have to pay a part of his wage. Happy for them to put Brad on the market, Matt unfortunately won't be worth much. Move a bunch of players on and load up with picks, get quality kids in and try and make a play for Lukosious and rebuild.

Out:
Otten - retired
Douglas - retired
Mackay - moved on
Jacobs - moved on
Jenkins - already out the door, who knows what you could get. Depends on which club he goes to
Crouch (either) - see what you can get - 2 picks, maybe a 1st and 2nd rounder for Brad
Lynch - could get a late 1st round but more than likely high 2nd round
Hartigan - late 2nd round, early 3rd round
Greenwood - mid to late 2nd round

Give Sloane the captaincy outright and that gives them the flexibility to pick Fog instead of Tex

If the Club thinks they have the personnel to just slightly tinker and be good enough to have another tilt then they are kidding themselves and will lose a bunch of support. Be honest and transparent with the members and fans and tell them they are going in a direction to rejuvenate and rebuild and the support will follow. I for one as a supporter would rather see a drop off in wins but a spike in getting fresh talent in the door
by cokadonkeytoo
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

For those players that aren't interested in having to wear a helmet this coming year, then feel free to come on out to Sandy Creek Cricket Club. The BLCA aren't implementing the rule for this upcoming season. PM me for more info and if you're interested in coming and playing some turf cricket
by cokadonkeytoo
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heartbreaking that loss to Tanunda. O'Brien is a 14 year old lad, will be a superstar when he's older. Very mature knock from him but was absolutely devastated coming off the ground. The first run out was a straight drive back to the non-strikers stumps and the 2nd was a fumble from the keeper that young Will thought had gone passed, he was too far down before he noticed. Hard one to swallow
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

There is a 2 day 90 over game happening at Port Reserve this weekend with those listed that have been left out of the 'hub 15
by cokadonkeytoo
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Over the years, I feel, its been picked on name. The selection process could do with some tweaking. The coach certainly has some favourites
by cokadonkeytoo
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being from a "have not" Club, it is blindingly evident of the gulf between the top and bottom teams. The facilities and support networks the "have" Clubs currently have make it so much harder for Clubs down the bottom to ever compete, ie. Player recruitment/high level junior retention. I wonder if there has ever been any thought of some sort or equalisation. Metro and regional zonings aren't equal. How can you have a regional zone not even in the State! Whilst other teams have access to massive amounts of players like the Fleurieu and the Barossa. I wonder if there's an opportunity to have three or four regional academies, well resourced with high credentials coaches where the best under-age kids (under 19) train and develop together and then each Premier Club bids for the players they want? Could even be done at a metro level also.

I know from our perspective, only time will allow us to move our way up the ladder. We have spent a massive amount of time over the past 9 months getting culture and commitment from players to a much better place. Yep, personnel isn't quite there but hopefully they (PCC/SACA) at least give us an opportunity to build on our hard work and move forward next season without having to merge.
by cokadonkeytoo
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are so many follow up questions that need to be answered if the vote goes in favour of the Division split. ALL clubs will be trying to recruit to give themselves the best opportunity to finish up the ladder because who's going to want to play at a Div 2 side. It will become infinitely harder for those clubs out of the top 5/6 clubs to ever become competitive with the top group. Where does that leave the metro/regional zones? Does that become a free for all? Does the SACA funding stay the same? Do the Div 1 clubs get more than the Div 2 clubs? To get an opportunity at the next level, do you have to be at a Div 1 club? Would that mean someone with aspirations to play for the Redbacks, let's say Isaac Conway, would he have to leave Port and move to another club? Will they put in place rules around player movement between clubs?

My opinion is, this is their best way of getting what they want while allowing the individual clubs to keep their identities. The top 4/5 clubs will get to play each other every year and there'll be 2/3 teams on the periphery that will get an opportunity each year. I agree that there should be more to just this seasons results to determine the divisions. Club structure, finances, facilities and player development should all be part of the process.

Final thought, I wonder whether this will make clubs look at approaching other clubs to talk about merging???
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue May 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Mark is hands down the best cricketer I've played with. I was lucky enough to have front row seats to some phenomenal batting and bowling.

I reckon the extra commitment to premier cricket might have been the thing turned him away. That, and ND always had a policy that if you were a batter you didn't bowl, and if you wanted to, or were selected to bowl, you'd bat down the order. I reckon Marks first year or so, he was batting at 8/9. Made his way up to 4 by the time he left but it was also a pretty strong side at the time. I reckon he'd still do alright at Premier cricket now.

The selection policy at the time was also why Rocco left ND. He told me on several occasions that he was frustrated by it. Another seriously talented cricketer!
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

And there's still 13 Grade sides :roll:
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

I've had enough of this trash!

And, it's good to see the umpires have decided to call wides and over the shoulder balls today. How about doing the same yesterday ya plebs!
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowl a YORKER!!! For gods sake, are we that dumb
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy to go at 4-5 an over when there's a deep point and deep square leg from ball one!! Just ridiculous
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Louise Ransome is the one hosting with Tubby

I think Broad will still be around for the Ashes here. He'll emulate what Jimmy Anderson has done this Ashes in bowling in his 40's.

Could it be possible for Spencer Johnson to take over from Mitchell Starc as the left arm fast bowler? Is he there yet?? I guess we'll only know if he gets some opportunities. I'd also like to see the Aussies have someone like Lance Morris, a genuinely quick fast bowler in the team to ruffle feathers with raw pace.
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Deep point from ball one!

I just don't understand why you don't leave him up a force the batters to go hard through there to score. Who cares if you go for a couple of boundaries. I just don't understand
by cokadonkeytoo
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's some sour grape comments that can be heard on the South Gawler Frogbox stream (I believe) after the game. Always be wary of what you say around the Frogbox
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |