Search found 396 matches

Return

Re: Round 14 - Can't we all play together?

Any truth to the rumour that tonight's game in Perth is being moved from Optus Stadium to SBS Stadium?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Another aspect of this is opposition clubs losing out on home match days as far as BBQ/Bar takings etc.

Anyone know if they just have to grin and bear it or if the League may come and pay some sort of compensation.

To lose 3 home games on a day ABC grade takes alot of potential incoming funds out the club
Maybe the Adelaide FL could use the $5k bond that Salisbury North have lost to compensate those home teams.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

C'mon Aussies...go well!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
MW wrote:This ref was up the Danes arse before the coin toss

What?
The ref was very good all night.
We simply don’t have enough dare.
Still alive and I still think we will go through

Yep ref was excellent imho

Agreed....and game was played in great spirits by both teams
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw it on the news. Clearly an intentional punch to the face. Not worth 8 weeks though. Unlucky for SN it was on video. Would have got 2 max in the SFL probably a reprimand.
So you think an intentional strike to the head with high impact should range from reprimand to 2 weeks? Seriously. I think the Adelaide FL have got it right at 8 to 10 weeks.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4. Greater number of points obtained regarding fair play conduct (yellow cards = minus-1; indirect red card, as a result of a second yellow card = minus-3, direct red card = minus-4, yellow card and direct red = minus-5, with only one of the deductions applied to a player in a single game).
What if a player picks up 3 yellow cards in a match? [emoji16]
Can't happen.....Graham Poll has retired
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really looking forward to tonight's game, I think it will be a cracker. Peru are playing for pride and their supporters will outnumber the Aussies 3 to 1, so the atmosphere at the ground should be great. I'm sure they will have a very attacking mindset and will be looking for goals. Hopefully they leave a few gaps at the back and we can score a few. Aussies to get up 3-2.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footys the winner wrote:Interested to hear everyones thoughts re: Jeremy Cameron 5 week suspension.

His victim had minor internal bleeding on the brain.

Alex Stengle on the other hand...

Jeremy Cameron would get 8-10 in Adelaide FL.
Striking/Intentional/High/Severe
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

27 degrees in Sochi which should suit us. I would be happy if it's nil all at half time as I think we can over power them in the last 30 mins
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shut up Craig Foster. There are a lot better teams than Australia that have not progressed. It's simple, we need to have a lot more players playing in top leagues. You can't blame Bert. We were a shambles when Ange quit and he did well to get us back to being competitive.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Got to love hindsight. If Kewell had his time again he doesn't stick out the arm and lets them score but stays on the park. Can't blame him though for what would have been a reflex action.

Cahill's straight red against the Germans didn't help either
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

I don't usually complain about umpires on here but is anyone else finding them getting worse lately?

The 14yo girl that umpired my U6s yesterday had more of an idea than the 2 that rocked up Saturday.

Can we ban umpires from watching Friday night footy?!

i want to know what happened to the holding the ball rule?

players are given far to long to dispose now or be judged as having prior opportunity..

where is the reward for tackling?

i think the umpires might be as confused as us with interpreting it..

do the league understand that giving the free removes congestion?

we laid over 52 tackles saturday and got one holding the ball..thats not normal..
I can tell you it's no different in Div1. There were a total of 3 holding the ball decisions paid in the TTG v Goodwood Saints game on Saturday and one of those was when the TTG ruckman grabbed the ball out of a ruck contest and was deemed to have had prior opportunity. I would say the average number of holding the ball decisions per game would be less than 5. The umpires are pretty consistent, but it is easy to be consistent when you continually give the guy in possession the benefit of the doubt. It is definitely leading to congestion and a certain amount of frustration with players. Players know they won't be penalised, so they just take the tackle and go for a ball up if there isn't a clear option to kick or handball to a team mate. I'm not saying we should umpire our games to the same standard as AFL, but reducing the time on prior opportunity, rewarding the tackler and paying a few more holding the ball decisions would definitely open the game up a lot more.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why so much hate?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha .... captain Lloris auditioning for the Liverpool job
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Siri Lanka defeat Saffers Sri Lanka's first series win against South Africa since 2006.
Rangana Herath took his 34th five wicket haul to seal victory.
Earlier in the match, Keshav Maharaja took the second best bowling figures by a South Afriècan of 9/129.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sri Lanka play in South Africa next February on some filthy green tops. I'm tipping Mr Herath wil not get his 35th five wicket haul during that series.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Siri Lanka defeat Saffers Sri Lanka's first series win against South Africa since 2006.
Rangana Herath took his 34th five wicket haul to seal victory.
Earlier in the match, Keshav Maharaja took the second best bowling figures by a South Afriècan of 9/129.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sri Lanka play in South Africa next February on some filthy green tops. I'm tipping Mr Herath wil not get his 35th five wicket haul during that series.

Obviously, he is retiring after playing England :)
You make a good point.

There is no doubt he has been given great assistance by the local Sri Lankan curators over the years - as has Murali and Ashwin to name a couple;

Herath
Home 48 tests 275 wkts @ 23.41 Outstanding
Away 44 tests 155 wkts @ 36.01 Modest

Murali
Home 73 tests 493 wkts @ 19.56 Ridiculous
Away 60 tests 307 wkts @ 27.79 Outstanding

Ashwin
Home 36 tests 225 wkts @ 22.79 Outstanding
Away 22 tests 91 wkts @ 31.67 Modest

Warne
Home 69 tests 319 wkts @ 26.39 Outstanding
Away 76 tests 389 wkts @ 24.61 Outstanding
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

I think the current top 6 are safe. PAOC have a much healthier % and I expect them to beat Adelaide Uni this week and not be in contention for relegation. It will be very close between Henley, Uni and Athelstone. Raggies still have to play Modbury a second time, which means these 3 teams are only separated by %. It will come down to two games;

Round 15 Athelstone v Henley
Round 17 Uni v Henley

Would be a massive achievement if Athelstone managed to stay up.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the current top 6 are safe. PAOC have a much healthier % and I expect them to beat Adelaide Uni this week and not be in contention for relegation. It will be very close between Henley, Uni and Athelstone. Raggies still have to play Modbury a second time, which means these 3 teams are only separated by %. It will come down to two games;

Round 15 Athelstone v Henley
Round 17 Uni v Henley

Would be a massive achievement if Athelstone managed to stay up.

I reckon the current gap between 9th and 10th and the domination of St Peters in Div 2 is a good argument for only one up one down next year
The current gap between 9th and 10th only exists because Salisbury North were docked points which kept Modbury in Div 1. Two up and two down works fine
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

woodublieve12 wrote:
JK wrote:Gonna be too nervous to watch Swans games now. Hope the lad never suffers an injury again, remarkable story of resilience and dedication.

Agreed. Nervous too

Let's hope he sneaks forward and kicks a goal....now that will bring the house down. Even the Collingwood faithful might cheer that.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 - Shit’s gettin’ real.

Why is the GWS v Adelaide game on at night in Canberra? If the game was played last night it would have been 7 degrees at the start and down to 2 degrees at the end of the night. Tough for spectators. Forecast is for a few showers tomorrow night which might keep the temperature up. Ballarat in July, Canberra at night in August .... the guy doing the fixtures hasn't had a good year
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TTG 12.15 d Henley 9.9. Sharks were 5 points up at 3/4 time, but Gullies coming home with breeze got it done in a very tough contest.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 - Shit’s gettin’ real.

Armchair expert wrote:Has a Melbourne player ever hit that target the have behind the goals?

Yes, on Sunday 18 June 2017 Tom McDonald had a shot after the siren from 45 metres. He nailed the goal and hit the target.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 All Australian Squad/Team

Looks like we'll see on-ballers lined up in the back pocket etc.
There are 11 defenders in the squad of 40. I'm classifying Lachie Whitfield as a defender, so I don't see any true midfielders being gifted spots on a half back flank or back pocket.

My back 6 are;
Hurn (Captain)
Rance
Grimes or Stewart
Laird
McGovern
Whitfield or Lloyd
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TTG 6.7 d Goodwood Saints 4.10 Not a lot of football played today. It doesnt come much more dour than what we saw today.

Elaborate, why do u say that
Both teams had a lot of players around the footy and as a consequence the game was very congested with a lot of ball ups. No flow to the game at all. I just don't get the way Goodwood Saints play. They set up with two spare players deep in defence. Makes it hard for opposition to score, but equally hard for them. In the last term they sort of went man on man, doubled their score and nearly pinched the game. Too little too late
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

I can't understand how the SANFL is being labelled as the chief villain. The main party at fault is Norf, it is their responsibility to have the correct number of players on the field. The Eagles should have looked at the rule book and demanded the count, but the SANFL is the last of the 3 parties (or 4 if you want to include the umpires as separate) to be held responsible.
Agree SANFL have set the rules are they are in black and white. North failed to comply by having too many players on the ground. Eagles didn't follow the correct process. Play on.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

So the NEAFL didnt enforce the 'wipe the score rule' because it had 'no impact on the result'....makes a mockery of the rule when officials now decide what 'impact' the breach had and decide to only implement part of the penalty.
Stupid rule.
The 'wipe the score' was changed years ago. It's the Eagles captain's responsibility to ask the umpire for a count and if it is proven that North had too many players, the Eagles captain get awarded a free plus 50 metre penalty. Impact of the breach is irrelevant.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Burras wrote:Who ended up getting the medal for BOG?

Troy Menzel. Personally I would have given it to Alex McKay, but that's ok. Great win by Gullies. That's for you John Birkin.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:fwiw..the live facebook broadcast was pretty good..

Ecellent production. One of the highlights of the broadcast was Rowston admitting they have to review their interpretation of holding the ball next year. Bring it on.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess we are about to see if Travis has improved his technique against spin
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Horrible news this morning! RIP Rocco. Was always a pleasure playing against you, normally fetching the ball from all parts. Serious talent gone. Thoughts are with all involved at Pooraka and the Illuminato family.
Common sense prevails with the game being called off at Payneham today, not sure about the other grades..

Wil black arm bands be warn across the competition today?
Black arm bands worn and minutes silence observed by Ingle Farm, PAOC and umpires at Rowe Park. Very sad.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

helicopterking wrote:You shouldn’t be in the Australian team as a batsmen if
You are not batting in the top 5 for your state.

.... and you shouldn't be in the Australian team if your 1st class average is 18. Finch is not a test cricketer.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2018/2019

Spargo wrote:Austrian Ralph Hasenhuttl named manager at St.Mary’s.

Welcome Ralph .... go well. Looks like we will attempt to return to a high energy pressing game that brought us success under Poch and Koeman. Hope the players are ready for the challenge.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ahh ...... but, we've got Tim Paine
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

How good is Rashid Khan?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:Who would have thought the Saints would do better without Hughes (other than virtually everyone in the world

This winning every week is starting to get a bit boring...

..... never. Nice work Ralph. I'm happy if we score 3 goals every week.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

northerner wrote:A bonus if we get kohli out today. He will get a century and India will be 450 upwards in first innings.

Might be a bonus if we get Kholi in.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

This pitch is everything we wanted the MCG to be
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** off Finch, guess theres not normally fielders there in white ball cricket. You average 18 as an opener for a reason, how the **** the selectors thought it would be any different at Test level is beyond me. Arrogant pricks that think thery know better than the Victorian selectors who see him all the time
Oh well at least Warner can move back into the opening spot with ease and we'll never hear of Finch again
I absolutely agree that Finch is not good enough to play test cricket for Australia, but in defence of the selectors, he only got the gig by default when Matt Renshaw got poleaxed while fielding at short leg against Pakistan. Since then, noone has played well enough to replace him.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop it Patty .... you're embarrassing your team mates now
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Spurs the first side in Premier League history to go through the first half of the season without a draw!

Well, stats don't come much more meaningless than that.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:Does anyone think that Bumrah chucks it?

I don't.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-to-pull-scg-test-shock-with-labuschagne-set-to-be-new-no-3-20190102-p50p9d.html

Labuschagne to bat at 3

Wow
If this is true it's grossly unfair on Labuschagne. Who are they protecting by batting him at 3. Lamb to the slaughter. Where is the leadership in this team. If Khawaja opens, Marsh must bat 3, Handscombe 4, Head 5 and Labuschagne 6. Anything else is crazy IMO.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do we have the stats for our bowlers since they made those embarrassing Alinta Energy ads
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see Old Scotch were 6 for 201, chasing PAOC's 204 and lost 4 for 2 to lose the game. Runs on the board!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Female commentator on ABC radio yesterday made the comment "Hazelwood was the best line and length bowler in the world" thoughts?

I believe bullshit , the bloke struggles to get on the paddock and believe there are many in front of him .
Up until 12 months ago she was probably right, but since the Ashes last year, he hasn't bowled that well. His pace has been down, line and length inconsistent and he has got no sideways movement.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No stumps were kicked down. The 5 run penalty was for swearing at the umpire
Is that a rule?

How do umpires determine what is a runs penalty and what is a report? Would seem dangerously subjective.
Yes, it's a rule in ATCA, but not sure if it applies to SAMCA games. Obviously the umpire thoight it did. In ATCA, the use of the 5 run penalty should be preceded by a first and final warning, which could involve a player being put on report. Any furtber indiscretions would incur a 5 run penalty.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI & T20 Tour of India

Maxwell should captain Australia in T20 and ODI. Get rid of Finch.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to PAOC and Pooraka on making the A1 Grand Final. They have clearly been the two best teams during the minor round and proved that with dominant displays in their Semi Finals. They met way back in round 1 when Pooraka prevailed on the back of 185 from Hanson, but Princes got some revenge in the T20 final. Pooraka will be desparate to win it for their mate, but some of their boys are struggling to get through 80 overs, so I think PAOC's greater depth will allow them to prevail. Should be a cracker.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Have watched my fair share of D1-3 trials these past few weeks and reckon the umpires have got it spot on more often than not. Last season was farcical with unpaid decisions. Focus your attention on developing players’ decision making and spend less time complaining about something that we all know needed to be fixed.
I've only watched the one trial and hopefully the umpiring at that trial was not what we get come Saturday. No point going fron farcical unpaid decisions to farcical paid decisions. I'll report back Saturday afternoon.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm very bullish about Southampton's chances against Liverpool Saturday morning. Pretty much a full squad available for Saints and Ralph has got the team well organised. This is our cup final. One the ex Saints players to give away a late penalty and Danny Ings to slot home the winner. Go Saints!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |