Jump to topic

Re: T20, 2022 World Cup

Surya = T20 batting genius
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Booney wrote:The ump has been confirmed as one of the 4 arrested.

Did the coppers call "STAND" when they arrested him?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Maybe some of Warner's team mates can't look him in the eye?
Probably not when he's half their height.

We obviously have differing opinions of him, mine is that he is overlooked for any captaincy roles because they don't think he is capable of one.

Doing a backflip when they finally allow him the opportunity to contest it was a bit strange for my liking.
Warner's appeal was not about being able to captain Australia, it was to captain Sydney Thunder in BBL. He has had success captaining a side in the IPL, so he's more than capable to do it. CA wanted him to captain Thunder, but botched the appeal by outsourcing the process. Also, in committing to BBL this year, Warner turned down a much higher offer to play in the International League. He might be lost to BBL after this season.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

spell_check wrote:Henry Thomas Raphael James York Thornton turns 26 today...5/3 a nice collect to celebrate.

What were his parents thinking?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IPL

How does Green go for $3m and Head goes unsold?

Hope Green can handle the massive expectations coming his way now.
Good luck to Green, but it's silly money for a guy who is unproven at that format. That's the IPL though. If you are lucky enough to have a couple of franchises bidding for you, your price can escalate quickly.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Corona Man wrote:Davy lotto. I’ll take 7.

I'll take your 7 and raise you a hundred ..... 107. Go get 'em Davey
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

I agree that the rule is flawed in that allows Neser to do what he did, but maybe the flaw in the rule comes before that. Neser completed the catch before he ran over the rope, so that should be enough. Catch completed with feet on ground before crossing the rope = out.
if the catch was completed then why the clown act??
You may have missed my point. The Laws of cricket dictate that Neser didn't initially complete the catch which is why he had to do the "clown act" to complete it. In my view he clearly took the catch and then took 2 steps before crossing the line. I'm suggesting that the Law could be changed such that Neser's catch is deemed to be completed before he crossed the line and therefore the clown act is unnecessary. BTW, this silly law applies to all cricket, not just T20 games.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

Lazy batting by both Ussie and Warner. It's as if their minds were already on facing spinners. Can't blame the pitch for either dismissal
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3rd Test has been moved from Dharamsala due to concerns about the surface. The 3rd Test will now be played in Indore.
That's a shame because Dharamsala is such a beautiful ground surrounded by the snow capped Himalayas. Apparently they had attempted to resurface part of the outfield, but it hasn't taken. Hardly surprising considering the maximum temperature every day last week was less than 10 degrees.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've not quite understood the love for this aussie team. They have demolished incredibly mediocre teams at home the last 3 to 4 years, the only good team they played in India they lost to who had half a side missing for some of it. They have barely played away for 4 years, they beat a very average side in Pakistan 1 zip which going by the past 12 months turns out wasn't that hard and then they drew 1 all with a pretty average sri lankan side. To me they have turned into the India of the 2000s where they just dominate the middle rung teams at home but aren't as good as advertised.
You can only beat the teams you play. I don't think too many pundits on this forum were getting carried away with the Aussies after some easy kills. Most knew the big challenges lay ahead against spin in India and swing in England. The first test was a disaster, but it was only two years ago when India got rolled for 36. Has Australia got the character to bounce back like India did? Can't wait for Friday to see how they go.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Good old PDCA.........

It's amazing how quickly things can escalate.... feel sorry for those who play for the two teams that were not involved.
I played in a game once and there wasn't a fight.

Never occurred in the days of Church cricket , reading this i cannot fathom such poor behaviour by both clubs, punching people swinging bats grabbing stumps, threatening behaviour, takes two to tango, penalties for this should be very severe, embarrassed to be a life member of one of the Clubs involved :oops: :oops:
Hear hear .... Gordon Turner would be turning in his grave.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Nathan MGM GOAT Lyon 8/64
What a champ- can never understand why so many people discredit him
Just imagine if he played for India on those decks

Agree, bowled brilliantly and has had an amazing career.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Mark Hanson playing his last game this round. What a career he has had at Pooraka. Can he make one final century?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Crows aka PAOC rolled in their Div 3 T20 GF against Gepps Cross last night

Port aka Grange were rolled by Trinity last year and then started year 0 - 5. Might be an omen for Crows.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Listening to Usi. Fantastic stuff.

Hope Trav was listening.

"There were plenty of times when I wanted to hit them over the top. You have to put your ego away and make them get you out and not get yourself out".
No, Trav needs to keep batting the same. We love the run a ball hundreds that set up wins and earn him man of the match awards. We can't be frustrated with the run a ball thirties. Keep going hard.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Round 2

MW wrote:Broad sent to the tribunal for the sling tackle on Parnell. 3 weeks you'd expect.

The action is worth 3 plus 2 or 3 more for the outcome. If AFL are serious about outlawing these types of tackles he should get 5 or 6.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

How is Jonas coming back in and Williams being dropped justified? (Unless he's the sub but I assume that'll be Mead?)
Thoughts people?

Although not much difference in height, Jonas plays a bit taller than Williams. Saying that though, if he wasn't the Skipper he'd be on the outer I reckon. Can't knock the bloke's endeavour though. Seen one game of the ressies this year and Pasini played quite well, would like to see him be given a chance at some stage this year.
Williams unlucky to miss out. Jonas needs to step up.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

am Bays wrote:Bloody hell this is good cricket to watch

It is and a great prelude to the Ashes. I'm sure we're all enjoying it except @whufc who thinks the Aussies are a bunch of tossers!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

jackpot jim wrote:WTF are India complaining about that catch?

Clearly caught it.

After India get beaten for the 2nd time in the WTCF i'm sure they'll move heaven and Earth to get it played in India in future years

Imagine the response from @whufc if the Aussies carried on like that.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

EPIC WIN
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd play Neser over Starc would also booster the batting. Starcball v Bazball could be 4/29 (8) or 0/119 (10)

Depends on what the poms do though, they might juice the tracks up a bit, wait until they name their team first.
If Neser plays and the ball doesn't swing he'll be cannon fodder for the Pommy bats, who'll continue to blaze away. Starc leaks runs, but he's a proven wicket taker and he'll provide some rough for Lyon. The one I'm concerned about backing up is Hazlewood. He wasnt ready to play in the WTC final, so I doubt he's physically ready to back up in consecutive tests. Cummins, Starc, Boland and Lyon for me.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meanwhile, Callum Ferguson has replaced SOK in the Ch9 studio .... I like it
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd want 450+ lead

No Lyon means you need 50 more runs imo
Much will depend on how Trav goes and the weather. The Pommy bowlers were very good under the lights yesterday, so if they get similar conditions tonight we might struggle to be any more than 400 in front by the tea break. We could even be bowled out before tea. It would be nice to see us bowl under lights for a change.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cricket should resume when new ball is taken .... hopefully
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Test cricket is dying before my eyes
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowling at the stumps .... who'd think that would work
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://youtu.be/TwznCjpacLU
Very good. The Bairstow stumping has over shadowed the tactics that both teams deployed at Lords with short pitched bowling to defensive fields. Australia started it, but England went next level. These tactics have the potential to stagnate a game and pose a serious threat to Test cricket. It will be interesting to see if the same tactics are deployed at Headingly. I would love to see umpires crack down on short pitch bowling that passes over the head of a batter. There were many instances at Lords where wides should have been called, but weren't. If these tactics continue I would would also suggest the ICC revert to the Laws of cricket and classify short pitch balls passing over a batters head as no balls rather than wides as per the playing conditions for Test matches. Hopefully we get a reasonably sporty pitch at Headingly and there is no need for these tactics.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Pat Cummins played the last test with a broken wrist.

Begs the question why???!

Strange decision to allow him to play by coaches and Cummins himself.

Didn’t it happen during the last test?

Yes, he injured it while fielding in England's first innings. He performed pretty well considering that.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Looking forward to the Charlie Curnow/Sam Taylor match up late Sunday. Expect the Giants might have to win this to play finals and the Curnow v Taylor battle will be crucial to the outcome. My money is on Taylor to prevail and lock in an All Australian spot.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

locky801 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Broadview 5th by my reckoning
Goodwood relegated

nope Broadies missed out by .3% on 5th TTGully remain 5th

Goodwood relegated

That's crazy having two teams separated by 0.3%. That's a couple of goals either way across 18 games. Hard to believe Goody Saints will be in Div 2
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Well done Callum Wilkie .... what a great story.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Just learnt Neal has a badly burnt back after a kitchen fire

He won't be cooking a bbq for his dad on Father's Day again. Nylon shirts and open flames aren't a good combination!

Jimmy, you'll need him back this week. Based on what I saw, your back-up ruckman (Tozer) will be missing a few weeks after his sling tackle on a young Glenunga forward.

Should have got a game for wearing nylon.........

Yes - The Tozer th (sl) ingy was not good
One positive is Davis can come back in
Neal is 50/50 for this week. Going to need a ****ing big band aid. He needs to stay away from goals or someone might slap him on the back
Otherwise its 182 & 178cm ruckmen

Yeah, not sure Schultz in the ruck is the answer to your problems. C. Short might need a call up to the A's. Not that you should have any issues dealing with TTG this week.
Dizzies and SHOC probably thought the same.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

The Bedge wrote:CEO of the league instructed me to stay off the forums.. :-$

See you mob in November

Fair enough ..... you've got some jewellery shopping to do.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

First time Australia has lost their first match of a WC since 1992 when they lost to NZ.
Hardly a surprising result up against the home side and tournament favourites who had the conditions stacked in their favour. Plenty of time for the Aussies to turn it around, but if they lose to the Saffers and go zip and 2, we may have to press the panic button.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poms are well and truly cooked .... how good. If an Aussie batter got out the same way Ben Stokes was dismissed this thread would have gone into meltdown with calls of "never to play again"
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Fairly sure that 5 player law is a normal law in international cricket.

It is in the Big bash for sure.
And no more than 2 behind square? Rules brought in to stop negative legside bowling.
The Laws of Cricket only restrict 2 players behind square on the on side. You are allowed more than 5 on the leg side so long as there are no more than 2 behind square. Not sure what happens in PDCA, but ATCA has a bylaw that restricts the number of fielders on the on side to 5, but only for one day games.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wonder if CA will request the players do not play the upcoming match against Afghanistan as per their protest against Afghanistan (Taliban) in January this year.
No need to, Cricket Australia has made it's point in relation to the Talibans treatment of women. Good on them. Afghanistan remain the only ICC member that doesn't have a womens cricket program. Maybe the ICC could show some leadership on this issue.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Jim05 wrote:How’s the footage of that Curran peanut. Lucky to only get 4 games, Pommy twat

Ridiculous, but.matched by the Sixers hierarchy who are going to appeal it. Add a couple more I say.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

Much better efforr by the girls on day 3. They aren't back in the game yet, but if the tail can wag you never know. There has been some uncharacteristic performances by the Aussies, but it's hard to be too critical. The girls play so little long form cricket and India not only have the advantage of playing at home, they also only recently played and beat England in a test match. Should be an interesting day 4.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

CA must really dislike Bancroft / Renshaw.. first Khawaja retires hurt in Adelaide but expected to play (what happened to concussion protocols?) not Head has covid but likely to play with social distancing.

Seems they're determined not to make a change.
Nothing wrong with the selectors picking the strongest team possible. We are all critical of South Africa sending a second rate squad to NZ. It shows that Australia takes Test cricket seriously and for that they should be applauded.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

dedja wrote:Pat, shut the faark up and just play cricket. :roll:

He's entitled to express his personal views on any subject he likes.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:What grade was it?

Two dayer or one dayer?

Old Scotch v Port Districts in A1. First week of a 2 day game, so I assume they are playing a one dayer this week.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Aerie wrote:Is Jadeja the best spin bowling all-rounder the game has seen?

Depends if Sobers is eligible. If not he's in the mix with Benaud, Vettori , Ashwin and maybe Shakib.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |