Search found 396 matches

Return

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

I'm liking the Test cricket scheduling at the moment ....
NZ v England starts at 8.30am
Lunch break .... switch over to watch Australia v Pakistan
Switch between those two games for 4 hours
Watch the last session at the Gabba
Straight into the India Bangladesh pink ball test
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 2019/20

Cracking winner from Ings over Spurs this morning. The lads have found a bit.
Ten points from four games made for a very nice Christmas/New Year for Saints.
Has been a great Xmas/New Year for the Saints. Heathly squad and Ings on fire. Clean sheets against Chelsea and Spurs hopefully is a sign the defence is finally coming good.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

locky801 wrote:
Booney wrote:Stoinis gets fined $7500 for calling Richardson a "faggot".

find that a little amusing :D

.... and ironic
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saffers 5 for 225 at tea and now a real chance to hang on for a draw.

Nope have fallen in a huge hole and just lost 4/4
Some critical moments at the end ...
de Kock getting caught at mid wicket when there was no need to hit the ball in the air.
Philander opting to not take a single and exposing Pretorious to Stokes
Stokes final spell was unbelievable... the pitch was dead for the quicks, but somehow he managed to extract sometbhng out of it
Crawley's two catches
Barmy army turned it into an England home game
Great test match ..... and people want to move to 4 day Tests.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

If anyone is expecting a brutal State of Origin contest like yesteryear (e.g. Martin Leslie and Gary McIntosh) then you will be disappointed. It will end up like the NBA allstars game, with minimal defensive tactics deployed. I'm ok with that considering the cause. Vics playing the rest seems logical to me and I can guarantee it will be a sell out. Maximum of 3 players per team, so some very good players will not be there.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Si Senòr .. Phew, glad that games outta the way, very dangerous side Wolves. Break coming up just what the doctor ordered for us

Watch out, the mighty Saints are coming to Anfield searching for 5 straight away wins. :D
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone else see the irony of touring parties to South Africa especially recently being baited and any reaction is shown immediately. Funny how the instigators are never shown or recorded during the coverage. I’m not including the ball tampering incident in this as that’s completely different. Digging up shit on the opposition when ever they are getting rolled or challenged at home is starting to become the norm when travelling over there as it’s happened the last 3 years when India, England and Australia have toured.
Are you referring to Ben Stokes? After what happened in Bristol and the threats he made to the spectator, he's lucky to be playing any cricket.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone help me understand something. Ben Stokes just bowled a bouncer at van der Dussen and the umpire has called it as a wide for height i.e. above his head. Under Law 21.10, shouldn't that be called a No Ball? In test cricket I've only seen umpires call wides for short pitched balls that pass over the batsman's head. Isn't it a No Ball?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Nup, wide ball in test cricket.

How so? Is Test cricket played under a different set of Laws? 21.10 seems black and white to me.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have found the answer to my wide/ no ball issue.
Under the ICC Test Match playing conditions, rule 22.1.1.2 over rides rule 21.10 in the Laws of Cricket, which means a short pitched ball that passes above the head of a batsman is a wide in Test cricket (22.1.1.2), but a No Ball (21.10) in all other levels of cricket.
Learn something new every day.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Trader wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Ingle Farm 199 v Pooraka.
Not a huge score out at Lindblom Pk.

Agreed, and with no rain forecast this week Jarrett will ensure its an absolute road. Hanson will chase it down easily.

JJ did his bit, but Farmers too good, bowling Pooraka out for 169.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Who knew there was a series starting this week?

Absolutely meaningless shit.

Tests v England, South Africa, India and New Zealand, the ODI World Cup, that's all that counts.

Cricket Australia is dead set taking the piss. Going to India and South Africa during our Summer. Taking our test players over, and now a series starting in March. Should have been done and dusted weeks ago. Cooked players order underarm deliveries and sandpaper the ball. When will these greedy Kents ever learn?

regards,

REB
Surely the penny will drop when nobody turns up to watch. The girls put a full stop on the season Sunday night!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's a strange way to win a flag
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle farm success has come from several different areas over the last 3 season.
Gordon definitely played his part but is not the only reason behind the clubs success. The committee works as hard as any to get the results. The players and supporters are loyal and attended several cricket shows throughout the season. The Bunnings bbq each off season can have upto 10-15 helpers in a day. They have fantastic sponsors.
I can’t see the standard dropping of because Chris has taking over as coach as the support from the committee players and supporters is to strong. It’s a very good club that will always recruit strongly.
From what I have seen and heard they are on par with most clubs on player payments incentives but I don’t think they would be top 5 in that department but they do offer a great family friendly club with good meals and some cracking functions that can play a role in signing players.

Who is coaching Ingle Farm?
Chris McLean
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon May 11, 2020 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

Booney wrote:2000 in General admin areas of AO, 240 in private rooms.

Kochy might invite Andrew McLeod
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Guthrie the first one in to sort of remonstrate... :lol:

.... I thought it was Tim Minchin
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing from Saturday night and I'm all for diversity and inclusion, but Glouftis should not be umpiring at AFL level. She literally looks to one of the other umpires for affirmation before she makes any decision and three times Saturday night another umpire called a free for a play that she was controlling.

Does anyone know if umpires are being rotated? She didn't officiate in the last quarter.
She's an easy target for criticism. There would have been a number of instances over the round where decisions were made by a "non controlling" umpire and from what I saw there were umpires in other games that may have influenced the result due to their poor decision making. We should accept that umpires make mistakes.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 4 - For those still playing along at home

Would love to hear the discussion between Horse and the big Cox
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Anybody hear clarko in his post game presser? Basically said the games in a bad way. Hopefully with a coach of his stature saying something it will help change happen. Didnt hear it, but he started it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
He has more or less blamed the umpires. Said Hawthorn laid 69 tackles and didn't get one free kick. He reckons the game will open up more if the umps pay more holding the ball/incorrect disposal decisions. I'm not so sure. Chris Scott was also critical of the games look. Surely some of these coaches have to take responsibility. Geelong play a slow possession game and it's boring. Port, Brisbane and St Kilda are least trying to play fast attractive football.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Good to see Matt Scharenberg back tonight .... been very unlucky with injuries. Hopefully he gets a decent run from now on.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spectators at junior games, just shut the F*** up FFS.

I usually sit on the other side away from everyone, yesterday I was at an under 18's girls game where a group of blokes were on the piss and heckling the opposition, I'm usually pretty tolerant but finally after a piss weak comment in the 3rd quarter when a girl got smacked in the face by the ball I couldn't help myself.

Why can't spectators just spectate? I applaud good footy from either side.
Good call. Similar thing happens in Senior footy where the B graders gather in a group, get on the cans and "give" it to the opposition players. They look and sound pretty silly when the player they coninually bag slots his sixth goal and their team loses by 10 goals.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

TTG 5.10 d Broadview 3.13 Broadview looked very sharp early kicking the first two goals of the game. Heavy rain came in half through the first qtr until half time turning the game into a dour struggle. Gullies scrambled a little better overall to just get up. Two very good A2 sides and it would be good to watch them play in better conditions.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TTG 5.10 d Broadview 3.13 Broadview looked very sharp early kicking the first two goals of the game. Heavy rain came in half through the first qtr until half time turning the game into a dour struggle. Gullies scrambled a little better overall to just get up. Two very good A2 sides and it would be good to watch them play in better conditions.

All 3 games there were of good quality and close contests, TTG BBQ absolutely awesome on a cold wet morning ;)
Gotta love the Adelaide Footy League. All those that whinge about the quality of AFL games, do yourself a favour .... get out and support your local club.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

RB wrote:What a snore fest.

Bring on the soccer, they'll probably end up scoring more goals than these two.

How many soccer games have you seen with 16+ goals?
Great win by the Power, too strong in the last quarter. Powell-Pepper, Houston and Farrell excellent today.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:There's only one person bagging him.

Well we expect that from Daisy on this forum, so no surprise there :D :D Heard someone on radio say same thing (maybe it was him?).

Im sure im not the only one. Its unprofessional. Just makes him look like a dick

Only person looking like a dick is you.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Glenunga kick 15 goals and still lose by 78 points :shock:

Would've been a lot worse, but Broadview were kind enough to allow Fischer and Simpson to play.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Pure genius by Robbie Gray. Completely butcher a couple of opportunities just so he can kick the winner after the siren. Massive win for Port.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

I reckon if Marshall or Dixon had goaled late, Port would’ve lost.

Carlton were all over them in the centre clearances I felt and looked very dangerous up forward.. with the 6-6-6 restart, had they won the clearance I think they would’ve found an avenue to goal.
Nah, nothing was getting past the skipper .... his last 10 minutes were brilliant. Gray might have kicked the winning goal, but Jonas was the true hero yesterday.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My money is on Aston Villa. They have at least shown some fight, unlike Watford who have been horrible recently. I also don't get why you would sack your manager with two games to go. It's hard to see Watford getting anything at Arsenal, so long as Arsenal are fair dinkum. They dont have much to play for as they can't catch Spurs and they might be tempted to rest a few before the Cup final.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

What's the story with the Richmond blokes in the team song going the grope...... seriously?

Mate of mine, early 40s still 'nuts me' even now. Really, what's the issue.

If I'd said, "enough" then it might be, but I haven't. It's a joke, it's banter. Move on.

If we can't do this, then life will be very banal and I fear for my son and future generations.
Have no fear, I'm sure your son and future generations will realise there is more to life than grabbing their mates' testicles.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Petracca should get 5 brownlow votes .... BOG by a mile
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Caleb Serong looks like a quality player .... must be in the running to win the NAB Rising Star
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Thats a real good question who do we believe.

But i tell ya what if i am knocking on heavens door i would insist that my Doctor let me use one of the three therapies i have mentioned.
You should consider the latest concoction .... SW23. Just as effective as those three options you have mentioned, so result might not be good, but at least you will smell nice.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

The AFL has locked in a Grand Final date for 2020, but is unlikely to announce a venue until next week.

According to Nine, the pre-finals bye will remain, leading to a Grand Final on October 24.

It means the final is set to clash with the Cox Plate which will be held on the same day, with the time of the contest yet to be finalised.

All signs point to a twilight or night Grand Final, with Queensland and Western Australia appearing to be the two states leading the race to host the event.

Queensland remains heavy favourites, but it will need to be officially ticked off by the AFL commission next week.

With a commission meeting not occurring until Tuesday, it means it won’t be until September that the public know of the venue for the 2020 AFL Grand Final.

With the Grand Final date, October 24, being locked in it means Western Australia could be closing the gap given Premier Mark McGowan has signalled a relaxing of COVID-19 restrictions on that date.

It would mean crowds for Optus Stadium could potentially be a packed house, assuming no pushback of the restrictions.

The Gabba bid is likely to have a crowd of around 30,000, which is half of what Optus Stadium could hold.

The home and away season will finish on the weekend of September 19/20, with a pre-finals bye to again to used by the AFL in order to help teams get their players fit for the finals.

Finals will begin in the first week of October leading up to the decider.

Caro said the QLD bid involved a secret well known pre-game entertainment as part of the package. I'd take a guess they might be bringing Powderfinger out of retirement perhaps?
The Saints
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

Dear Ingle Farm,
Well done for fronting up this week against the second bottom team. Please remind me again why you forfeited against higher ranked teams? Was that COroana virus? Or is it time to admit that this club that has great facvilities, good juniors and some good people around the traps but has put some people in place that couldnt lead a horse to water in a flood at little para resevior???
Time for a clean out. The club is the biggest underachiever in adelaide footy league. I redded on facebook last night how you treated a decade and a half club legend Mark Bedgehood.. sort it out Dogs.
You redded that did you? Wow!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couple of massive games in Div 2 this Saturday. Gullies have wrapped up top spot, but all other positions in the four are up for grabs. Henley v Broadview and SHOC v PHOS Camden are big games. One of SHOC, Broadview or PHOS Camden will not play finals because I'm confident Old Ignations will beat Glenunga comfortably. Old Ignations have been the surprise packet after coming up from Div 3. They lost their first two games, but since then have won five out of 6 and should account for the winless Glenunga easily and sneak into fourth or fifth position.
My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched Henley v SHOC on Saturday .... terrific game. Sharks started well against a stiff breeze, controlled the ball well and held a 5 point lead at the first break. SHOC responded well in the second, kicking the first two goals and defended well for the rest of the quarter, allowing Henley just a single goal and a 2 point lead at the long break. The wind and rain was turning game into a real slog. SHOC set up a 13 point lead at 3/4 time, but Henley were coming home with a strong breeze. The Sharks pressure in the last quarter was elite and the ball was camped inside their forward 50. They kicked a couple of quick goals and hit the front about half way through the quarter. Somehow SHOC found a way to get the ball inside 50 and they took back the lead. Henley had three chances to win in the last 5 minutes, but they all missed. I thought Henley were the better team on the day, but 2.8 in the last quarter cost them. For SHOC, Shattock played an incredible last quater to hold up the Sharks time and again.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Dean Jones

Some would remember Deano playing agaist SA at Adelaide oval back in the day when the Sheffield Shield meant something. Jones was the form batsman in Australia and liked to dominate medium pacers by batting well forward of his crease. David Hookes instructed Andrew Zesers to bowl two feet outside off stump. Deano instinctively played forward, but had to let the ball pass because it wss too wide. To his horror, Hookesy had moved to his left at first slip, took the ball and threw down the stumps .... onya bike Deano. I can see the two of them getting back together and reminiscing over a beer or two.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

jackpot jim wrote:
Spargo wrote:Dixon will kick 10 if they pay those soft ones all night.

Utter DISGRACE that free to Dixon

F**K knows what Razor was looking at :lol:

Ease up, it was no different to the free paid to Stanley.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Great win by Port, just a little bit better in the clinches. Lost count of the times Wines, Rocky and SPP got quick kicks forwad out of packs. Wasn't pretty, but it was pretty bloody good.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 2 Reserves G/F

Henley 10.5 65

Broadview 9. 10 64

Bloody great game of footy to watch, feel for Boxy and the lads at Broadies, gave everything they had and can hold their heads high
What a terrific game that was. Scores level at the last change and they went goal for goal with 6 or 7 lead changes in the last qtr. Henley were in front at the final siren, but it could've gone either way. Well played both teams.
In the A grade game, TTG seemed to be in control until early in the third qtr. They were cutting up SHOC with their spread and ball use, but SHOC lifted, their mids led by Spurling and Angel got on top and their talls were giving Gullies plenty of trouble. In the end Gullies were able to do just enough to hang on.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

.... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

locky801 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:6/151

PS - is Blewett the batting coach? Probably spending more time on radio than working with the team?

or on the golf course :roll:

If I could hit a ball like him I'd spend a lot of time on the golf course as well.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

Armchair expert wrote:Easily the worst day in the history of the planet

Sitting on my patio with a cold beer, watching the sun set over the coast. Life seems pretty good. When can I expect Armageddon? In what form will it come? Is the TAB outage the first tranche?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some incredible individual performances in the latest round. The Reynella boys probably thought they were a chance having Pooraka 2 for 11 after making a modest 170, but if you don't get Mark Hanson you ain't going to win. His 159no was nearly enough to beat Reynella on his own. At Scotch college, Ingle Farm captain Chris McLean made a brilliant 186, which was 6 more than OSCA could manage. Marion were able to restrict PAOC to 180. They were the only team to beat Princes last year, so they might have thought they could repeat that. However, big Nick Clayfield was having none of it. Bowling unchanged with Jack Dent they skittled Marion for 69 with Clayfield taking an amazing 8 for 36.

The match of the round was at Para Hills, who were struggling at 7/94 against SPOCs 143. The Hornets needed a big last wicket stand to get the first innings points and finished up with outright points after SPOC set them a target in the second innings.

In other games, Flinders Park were too strong for Trinity and remain unbeaten. They must think this A1 caper is pretty easy. Grange were too good for Walkerville
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mots02 wrote:There's been a positive test from someone who attended the christmas pageant....

Father Christmas I bet.
Bloody international travellers.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This Stevens bloke is an absolute arrogant **** wit
We dont expect the workers to isolate, we just expect the government to ******* test them on a regular basis like they do the less at risk truck drivers.

Is it even Covid if it has a 3 day life span, cmon people wake up ffs
I like Grant Stevens .... he mostly remains calm and his messaging is consistent. He did get irate this morning when continually pressed that all people who support the Medi Hotels should be isolated. The SA police dept, to date, have been very level headed in the way they have policed restrictions. That said, I think the people who support the Medi Hotels should be tested more regularly than one week, but that is not a police decision.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought it was piss weak of the police commissioner to have a go at the media.
When I worked in the Public service it was a strict process to try and get a 2nd job and most were turned down due to "perceptions of bias".
Even at the pub I work at, a guy had to leave after one shift recently as he also works as a carer and his employer wouldn't let him have a 2nd job in the hospitality indusry due to Covid issues.
Surely if we have examples like above in society then asking people who deal with an infectious disease that kills not to also work as food handlers isn't asking too much?
According to the police commissioner this is asking them not to have a life? His own police force aren't allowed to work in a lot of 2nd jobs, do they have no life?
He couldn't maintin decorum with what is a very valid issue.
Was a very poor performance IMHO.
I was happy with his performance .... less happy with Spurrier and Marshal. Grant Stephens was mainly pushing back on media who were suggesting all people involved in supporting Medic Hotels should be isolated or quarantined. The issue of security staff being able to work in other jobs is a separate issue. That question should have been directed to the Government. If you don't want the security staff having second jobs the Government should seek to use someone other than private security firms, which are a highly casualised workforce.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Am I right in suggesting that they are saying he exaggerated his contacts? :shock:

He said he ordered a pizza and the assumption was he caught the virus from the pizza box. Truth is that he was working at the pizza bar and caught rhe virus from the guy who was the security fuard at Peppers.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |