Return

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Holy shit Ishant Sharma is playing
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The early talk for tomorrow's third test is that Maxwell will come in for Mitch Marsh and Cummins in for Starc.

While I think Maxwell should of been in the side before Marsh from the start I disagree with this selection (like most on here would I reckon). Got to play 6 batsman bringing in Khawaja. The 5th bowling option is irrelevant but would be great to see Maxi show some balls and go after the Indian bowlers, something that Marsh is just to scared and too shit to do.

Don't really like how Cummins is going to come straight in instead of considering playing Bird but we need his extra pace as he should be nearly as effective as Starc and it looks like he's in some good form. It's probably ideal for Cummins to play in India as teams as less reliant on their quicks as the spinners are obviously the main bowlers in those conditions. Although I would not be at all surprised to see him get injured lol.
Bird and Maxwell should come in my opinion. I would rather have Bird plugging away with unerring accuracy than Cummins spraying the ball and giving up a boundary every over. I don't expect Maxwell to bowl much, but he's clearly better in the field and will not be a sitting duck when he bats.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The irony is that Maxwell finally gets to bat above Matthew Wade
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bugger me they have started with two quicks....there's a first
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The BIG show finally arrives....now pull ya head in and keep batting all day
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Handcomb 52 not out, was due for runs.

And f**k me dead why do the Indians appeal for LBW when Jadja is bowling over the wicket to a right hander and then be upset when it's given not out? It's always going to be pitching outside leg you f**kers.
Jadeja knew it wasn't out but deliberately ran through the danger area while appealing....and copped a warning for his troubles. Cheat
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round twain

helicopterking wrote:In order, Coaches who should not be there by seasons end.
1- Ross Lyon
2- Rodney Eade
3- Nathan Buckley

8 days ago Tadgh Kennealy said Port would lose their first 4 games in 2017 and Kenny would get the sack. Let's wait and see.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:Word is the red cards were yellow cards infringements at best and a case of umpires being incredibly over officious

Lets hope common sense prevails then.

I believe it did....3 peat is back on :D
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

as he can control his temper and he doesn't get influenced by outside factors .
What outside factors? Like opposition players trying to bait him and get under his skin as teams have done with Brad Woodward over the years? Would be pretty disappointed if sides and players stooped to that level.
I remember Brandon and Bradley Woodward going head to head one day when the Farmers played the Units.....entertaining stuff
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Zartan, you ready for tomorrow?

Looks like he was ready.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Didak to play B grade at Pooraka remainder of the season.

I will clear it all up now Alan Didak at this stage is a 90 percent chance of playing 1 game for us in the B grade. It's a one of game and it's to play with his brother and long time friends.

Anything else said at this stage is incorrect.

Almost had a similar situation happen with us a few years ago with Jarrad Rivers, except he wanted to play more than a handful of games incl finals. He was desperate to play a game of footy with his mates and older brother & wanted to win a flag. Those boys were in the b's in the twilight of some very good a grade careers & couldn't commit to playing A's. There was murmurs that Jarrad would have to play a grade if he was going to play for us. This wouldn't have sat comfortably with me. AFL players make huge sacrifices for the game, he deserved a testimonial as such. He ended up taking the Frankston coaching role making it impossible to come out to the dolphins. In all honesty I doubt anyone would've stopped him from playing b grade with his mates. We weren't traveling the best at the time so I could understand the clubs desperation for him to play A's. FWIW Jarrad is a ripping bloke.
Jarrad Rivers is my sons favourite player, so good to hear he's a ripping bloke
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SOO 2016

So decider in Qld with Thurston and Cronk playing last SOO game. Good luck with that NSW.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to believe he used to actually play the game and was half decent, as well.
So he used to tell me, I had seen his name on the wall at Argana Park too, you probably seen him play hey?

IIRC, mostly played lower grades, but wasn't a hack, by any means.
'Weigs and his dog' = he'd come to the club and his dog would sit in the ute patiently while he sucked back a few schooeys or trained. I used to see his dog there a lot.
This was in the late 80s, maybe early 90s.
Was it a seeing eye dog? Would explain a lot if it was.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely if Aloisi comes back into the Ammos he needs to test himself at higher than divvy 6 or is he not capable???

I guess if Brahma is cashed up it might be a good fit.

Would be good to see how he travels against a higher quality of opposition.
Surely if Michael McMahon and Kym Edwards wanted to play in SAAFL they would test themselves at higher than divvy 5 or are they not capable?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Via SEN:

AFL Diversity Manager Ali Fahour has been reported for a sickening knockout punch he threw in a local football match on the weekend.

Fahour, who was one of Bachar Houli’s character references in his tribunal hearing last week, delivered a blatant right hook to an opposition player, which knocked the unsuspecting victim out.

Not a good look when you see it
Ex AFL Diversity Manager I would think
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Spargo wrote:Bugg gets 6.

Fair enough
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just saw Goldy miss the sitter

Justice really....softest free kick ever
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Great win by Port....thought Justin Westhoff was brilliant. One of the few that stood up when the coasters kicked 7 in a row. Much maligned but he was great today.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:The Goodwood pub what a cracker spot, over heard a conversation about the goody saints. Let's just say there could be an ex Richmond player as player coach in 2018

Darren Gaspar?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trader wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Is he a mid fielder?

Back pocket I believe.

.....who on the odd occasion has snuck forward to kick a lazy 33 goals
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

The Dark Knight wrote:England v West Indies, first test at Edgbaston. Inaugural Day-Night test match in England.

Stumps day one, England batting first- 3/348
Cook 153 not out
Root 136
Roach 2/72

Not enjoying the 10.30pm start for these day/nighters. Day tests only in England please
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:As Pooraka beat CbC

Bs Lockleys beat CbC

Medal winner in As Dale Armstrong

Medal Winner in Bs Robb Stark

Worth highlighting the BS part
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

Steve O'Keefe is going to replace Josh Hazlewood on the tour of Bangladesh. All is forgiven apparently.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go Farmers....you bloody beauty
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will be interesting to see if Ingle Farm can consolidate next year, from memory (which isn't great), they've often not lasted too long in D5 in decent times.

On a different topic, DeesBees are pretty fortunate to have the likes of Olson, Russo, Paton running around for them at the business end. All clearly a class above D5R.

Yes we didn't go past div 4 and didn't stay up too long, which was a shame for some people that did a lot of hard work those years to get up, then new management let it slip. However, i can promise you we are not up here to make up numbers. We have good coaching staff and a young talented side. Add a committee that bleed Green and White and want to see this club succeed and i think we are finally on the right track. And don't think we don't understand the hard work it takes to get up the grades, we do and will leave nothing to chance on our quest. I took over when this club bottomed out in Division 7 and i will never let it go there again.
Congratulations Old Farmer. You, along with the rest of the committee, the coaching staff and the players have done a fantastic job. I hope you can finish it off with a premiership. Good luck for Saturday.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

PatowalongaPirate wrote:And if Gibbs comes to Adelaide you would have a number 1 pick too.

He is still keen to come home, but I have heard that the Gibbs clan was far from impressed with how the Crows handled last year's negotiations, so he might be a Power player next year.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

Surely Agar has to bat 7?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see two Tea Tree Gully juniors at the big dance at the MCG tomorrow. Best of luck to Luke Brown and Jack Graham. One will end up with a premiership medallion.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

I assume you are referring to the guy with initials DS. I like how you say he know his version of the rules. A mate of mine umpired a T20 game with him last year and he over turned his LBW from square leg. Better off umpiring your own games.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In round 1, Rocco Calabria and Jeff Walker both played their 400th games for Pooraka. In round 2, Neil Dollery plays his 400th game for the Ingle Farm District Cricket Club. Well done to all three ...... that's a lot of Saturday afternoons.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm can take the plastic spades and sand castle making buckets this Saturday.
Why would a council top dress an oval this time of year half way through a cricket match ?
Unbelievable.
Oops. Ridiculous!

whoever is batting this week would be fuming... especially if they are chasing 200+
Farms 2 for 40 odd chasing 140 odd.
If the Farms are good enough they will get the remaining runs, no sour grapes, I just don't get the stupidity.
I'm not sure the council have got many options. Never a good time to top dress an oval, but you have to be cruel to be kind. Just remember, when you are standing on the balcony in January with a Sparkling Ale in hand and you think how good the oval is ...... there is a reason.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indian spinners failed to take a single wicket in the test against Sri Lanka. Apparently first time ever that Indian spinners have failed to take a wicket in a home test.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm 3 for 139 in reply to Pooraka all out 72
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These games are the best. You feel like thrre will be a wicket every ball. If only one of the Ashes tests was this good. Saffers will go nuts if they get Kohli
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Just saw the Virat DRS review when the ball missed the pad but hit the middle of the bat and I mean dead middle of the bat. :lol:

Makes Shane Watson look good

Was watching it live ........ hilarious. Virat thinks everything is out and his bowlers and the keeper aren't helping him out too much.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

Wow wee .... Benny Laughlin
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can Pooraka get out of jail against Rostrevor?

8/73 chasing 142
They will win outright.
Not at 42 degrees they wont.
Friday's forecast has been revised down from 40 to 38.
If Saturday's drops 1 degree, we will play, but still no second innings.

Will be a test of the bylaws.
60-odd runs required, or 2 wickets.
Could see 24 blokes rocking up to a game only for a couple of quick wickets and everyone being sent home by 1:15!
Two of those 24 blokes will be very happy with that scenario. $135 for 15 minutes work. Not a bad hourly rate.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Third and final test between South Africa and India starts this evening. Should be another belter. India have never lost a game at the Wanderers and never been white washed in South Africa, so they have a bit to play for. The pitch is expected to favour the quicks even more than the pitch for the first test at Newlands. South Africa will probably drop Maharaj and play four quicks. Will be interesting to see India's selection. Forget about the BBL for the next two nights and watch some big boy cricket.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:India 187

SAF 1/6

Can't wait to watch de Villiers bat tonight. He will take on the Indian bowlers. Much like Kohli for India and Smith for Australia, he is the key for South Africa
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

I'm looking forward to the 4th test. The South African cameramen can now get back to what they do best......finding attractive women in the crowd.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great weekend at Waldeck with the TOSers getting up in a thriller.
Eythan Barraclough (94), Mitch Dearing (75), Austin Smith (33) gave us 307 to defend.
However, a massive innings from Brad Anderson (146) nearly took the flag away from us.
His run out proved the difference and Smith bowled the last two batsmen to dismiss them for 285, with nine balls left.
Great game, played in great spirit.

Am enjoying the lads' Snaps today. Good viewing.

5 A Grade Premierships in 11 seasons is quite the achievement. Onwards and upwards for the TOS
Well done on collecting 5 premierships as you have risen through the ranks - LO, C1, B2, A4 and A3. Good luck in A2. If you can make it 6 next year that would be something!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:Finishes 0-0 v Columbia. Only caught about 30 mins of the 2nd half, but the hosts probably should have scored 4 in that time.

Didn’t know we were playing Fulham :)

Probably just as well, Fulham are going OK at the moment
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Fingernails are over rated anyway
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed May 09, 2018 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Oh when the Saints.....

You bloody beauty!!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed May 09, 2018 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Gullies completely outclassed Blacks today. TTG 13.15 d Uni 4.9
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat May 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2018/2019

Time to start a new thread

Burnley close to signing old boy Jay Rodriquez
Think he’ll go a bomb back home
Hope you're right. He had soared to the top by 2014 and then had that horrible knee injury followed by constant set backs for the next 3 years. Had his moments last season. When he's up and about he is a very exciting player.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed May 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2018/2019

Easy win for Saints first up
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coach Review

Based on this year's result I would have Brad Scott slightly ahead of Simpson as the best performers, purely because most scribes were predicting the demise of both. I'm not sure what people are expecting of Richardson. St Kilda have a very poor list - I doubt they would have 1 player that is in the top 50 and losing Riewoldt and Montagna has really hurt them. Cameron is the stand out under achiever in my opinion and Woosha gives me the impression he doesn't give a shit.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Milligan has to play purely because our defence is shaky as hell. if he plays at CB I don't mind it

Kruse I agree with Jim
Agree. Don't mind Sainsbury and Milligan together at the back. We better hope that Sainsbury don't get injured though. I would hate to think what might happen against France if we had Milligan and Jurman as centre backs and Jedinak sitting in front of them. Our skipper has a big heart, but boy is he slow over the ground.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a pity the game wasn't played today as it's 26 degrees today, but forecast is for only 17 degrees tomorrow. One thing the Socceroos are good at is conditioning, so I would have thought the warmer the better for us. Not to be. I'd like to see Jedinak, Luongo and Mooy start. Rogic and Arzani to start on the bench and be given 30 minutes to win the game in the second half.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |