Search found 402 matches

Return

Re: PDCA 2013/14

FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fineleg2fineleg wrote:Nah nah suns, frothies certainly isn't A grade material. He is div 6, therefore their A grade is well and truelly in div 2!

compare.JPG

Phantom, add to my runs, 306 I hit in my first year of seniors as 14 year old in 2006/07 and 350 in 2007/08...
#battingtrophies

I like this post.
by Wizard of Oz
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any chance of you two girls stfu? (Froffies & FL2FL) The only thing im concluding from reading this rubbish is that you're both idiots. Start another forum and ruin that one.
by fanta
Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Is that Former Central District Daniel Schell?
No Daniel has been a player at SW for a long time he then coached there B grade for 2 seasons before going and playing at eliz last season. Very good footy brain will be a very good senior coach, well done Ingle farm in giving this guy a chance will do well for the club. .
by Robran
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found the program

Para Districts Cricket Association
13 Central United v Riverside Mofflin no 1 Sunday 3rd Nov 10am
14 One Tree Hill v Salisbury West Mofflin no 2 “ 10am
(Winner 13) v (Winner 14) Mofflin no 1 “ 1.30pm
15 Rose & Crown v Eastern Park Ridley no 1 “ 10am
16 Virginia v Craigmore Ridley no 2 “ 10am
(Winner 15) v (Winner 16) Ridley no 1 “ 1.30pm
by Lucky For Some
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My bloody car shit it’s self this morning!!!! Parked the car out the front of the workshop so I can go clock on tthen park the car. Do it every Friday! Went to go park and the bloody car wouldn’t budge! Spewing!!! Then i thought i was a raa member, so i called the missus to make sure at 630am, she's come of 6-2am shift, so my good day continued. Wasn't a member after all that. so went to raa website and joined myself (premium membership) and the wife up (the onebelow premium), so almost $300 forked out already, then i call the raa to get someone to come see the car!!! I didn't read the diclaimer and got told i had to fork out another $111 for some gap... Called the wife back and let her know the cost, yep, day just keeps getting better. Then after all that i thought i'd try and start the car, just for something to do.... STARTED BLOODY FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: . Called raa back to cancel and they said they'd refund the $111, which was a positive! Called the wife back to give her the good news, still obviously seething about the cash spent.... IT'S NOT EVEN 9am YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.grassrootsgames.co.uk/filesforever/JD%20ARGH.gif
by woodublieve12
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
marbles wrote:carn SMOSH join div 7

Henley vs Smosh @ West Lakes do that mmm yeah

But that will only harm your chances of having your C GRADE SUPER LEAGUE! :D

mmm aint those words so good to read

C GRADE SUPER LEAGUE!!! :D
by marbles
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

SA won the toss and will bat.
by heater31
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Is the match being streamed online anywhere?

http://www.redbacks.com.au/Article/News ... 13&id=2000
by Brodlach
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dont think he is as he has played for the Netherlands

He is.

If you qualify to represent an associate ICC member nation via birth or family heritage you are allowed to represent them provided you haven't represented your full member nation at senior level.

There are a few other criteria you must do to represent your associate nation for example help promote and develop cricket in your adopted country.

Coops satisfies this by playing club cricket in the Netherlands during our off season, and playing international matches as well.

He still counts as a local player for SA.
by heater31
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A grade to wear slacks to the games Separate to the overall discussion, who the **** bought this stupid palaver in? Brahma Lodge were the first to do it in the "lower" grades I think. I remember laughing my head off when I saw them.

One of the worst club rules I have ever heard of. Whoever thunk it is clearly a tradey or outside worker who doesn't have to work in slacks day in day out, let alone putting your trousers in a sweaty, dirty, prone to random acts of water football bag.

Tidy jeans are fine.

how about all players to arrive to game dressed as lions?

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/CostumeSupercenter/R882505?$mediumlarge$
by marbles
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pafc1870 wrote:Forrest is still behind the stumps for Qld

I thought you said they mowed it? ;)
by Panther Pack
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BP wizard: i would have thought its the coaches job to be at EVERY club function....
Hmm I think it depends on the function, and how long they are there. Personally i dont think coaches should be at the club getting blind with the players, opens them up to an array of issues as well as jeopardising the players level of respect for them.

Coaches job is to ensure on field success, encourage a positive culture and nuture/develop players. Yes support what the club is doing off the field so long as it doesn't affect what they are trying to do on the field.

you dont have get blind at an event..every social night organised, every football related meal night, every presentation after games and end of year awards, every event the junior committee ask for attendance etc etc are the functions i would expect my club coach to be at and as a coach i would attend all of these events and my social life ( whats left of it :) ) would take a back seat to these events..as A grade coach you are the face of the club..
by zedman
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:My mail is a MASSIVE player exodus from KFC.. :shock: :(

Maybe TBS could answer this.... Super coach.... Bahahahaha.
by Dols
Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My mail is a MASSIVE player exodus from KFC.. :shock: :(

Not a mass exodus at all. We have lost a few players as we and every club does every year. Hopefully we can sign a few players to cover these losses. We just cant compete financially with country clubs. All is on track down at chic land with the signing of greg phillips as coach and players ready to hit the track with in the next 2 weeks.
by easy TIGA
Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone, welcome to my list of...

*drumroll*

morell's Football Myths!

1. You play the way you train.
2. Pre-seasons are really important in amateur football.
3. Stretching achieves anything, ever.
4. Every club pays players.
5. Getting to a game early allows for a superior preperation.
6. Business slacks make you a more professional and disciplined club.

I could not disagree with you more on most of these points. If this is the attitude of most of the people at MP, then no wonder you languish between D6 and 7.
I think you do play the way you train. Training at high intensity for the skills used on the weekend are of much more use than just going for a kick and a catch, or pissing around not giving a fu^k. You won't improve unless you push yourself at training.

Pre-seasons are really important in my opinion even at amateur level, it brings everyone together earlier, uniting the group, and like my point above, if you push yourself to get something out of it, you will get beneficial results. There is a huge difference in fitness and attitude between the clubs I know who start training in November, and the ones who start training in January. You may say that most players will keep themselves in good shape, but this is unrealistic; I think you'd get a couple per side that would actually do this, especially to the same standard as pre-season training.

I'm no doctor or physical well being expert, but in my case stretching is important to my performance on the track and recovery. I'm not the most flexible bloke going around, so it may not be critical for everyone.

Getting to a game earlier does allow for superior preparation. At least from my own experience anyway, in terms of getting into the right frame of mind, getting a feel for the footy, strapping/massage, etc. Even in my summer sport of gaelic footy which isn't taken as seriously, and is less strict on report time, I know that in general, the earluier I get there, the more prepared I am to perform at my best.

Maybe not every club pays players, but a majority would these days I'd reckon.

And on the whole slacks debate, I don't know whether it would actually make you perform better on any given day, but it does represent a buy in by the group, and a uniform approach. I have played for sides which do and do not enforce the policy. I don't really mind either way, but it requires little effort and organization, and does make for a more professional looking playing group than guys rocking up in trackies and ugg boots. It might even signify to some players to take their preparation more seriously and professionally. In my experience, you can tell the guys who don't buy into the group culture, and aren't on the same page as the rest of the group, as they are the one's who manage to 'forget' or 'misplace' parts of it each week, or are too lazy to buy a $10 pair of slacks from K-mart.
I don't see why you're so against it. It seems like you're arguing against it just for the sake of it.
by lutz
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DONT MESS WITH THE JOHAN!
by stampy
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Gowser wrote:Should have declared, no two ways about it. Childish and goes straight the integrity of the club.

The reason we didnt declare is because i was hungover and i couldnt be stuffed fielding.
by Magnum Force
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

We don't have many boundaries at Rose Park, we are pretty open minded, shit we even let Cougar bowl
by mozzie
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I Got 5th best on ground in Under 11s at Elizabeth eagles and was awarded a voucher for a happy meal.
by westy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You would think the money the Riddler is on he would just cover the bill and we can all move on and play nicely........
by carey
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield WA v SA - Nov 6-9

Botha's thrown down the challenge here!
by scoob
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Odds on kilburn choking in the GF again?
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Spargo wrote:Blokes who grow full beards but not a moustache, creepy weird.

Ain't even creepy.
by Q.
Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield WA v SA - Nov 6-9

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Kelvy is bloody quick between the wickets

"Kelvy"? Best buds? :lol: Cute pet names naaww :lol:

:-BD :-BD
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morell: if you want to know what drills we do you will have to come to training and find out!

"Which according to local footy lore and all the stories people tell me about you, have all been innumerate."

You should be able to quantify that statement with a few examples then eh?

I look forward to hearing from you. :)
by zedman
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seaton beat Rose Park by an innings and plenty according to the Messenger. news to me.

The rest of this article was the interesting part.
I had posts about this removed at the request of one of the guilty parties as apparently it made his club look bad - here's a tip bud, your behaviour on the field does reflect on the club.
Oh and hey, enjoy your holiday, see you next season
by Lucky For Some
Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Well...he still needs to do more. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Saw a good ton by Charlie Holmes today for Kensington. Not out at the start and not out at the end.
Well batted.
Pity our mob bowled poorly.
by beeroclock
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For anyone bored on here, check this out.
Wore a GoPro on my head while keeping and got some half decent footage of a good mate of mine taking 6/9.
Have a look.
http://youtu.be/vCxi0x898F0
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Where did you get the GoPro from and how much $$?

Jb hifi for $530... Mine' stop of the range, there are cheaper ones available.
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lucky For Some wrote:
carey wrote:So is Phantom the messiah, Sir Alex Ferg, Phil Jackson, Wayne Bennett and Boof all rolled in to one

He is none..

He is the simply the originial aboriginal.. he is the bedge...he is...

THE DIFFERENCE!

:lol:

Bronze statue to be announced this week.
by infinity+1
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
ray borner wrote:Stiffy Johncock to Henley is my mail!

Negative

I thought you had a self imposed ban on this forum, and if not can you kindly stick to the div 3 forum or whereva it is your supposed to be :P
by old farmer
Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shark Culling - Yes or No?

no, don't like them swim in a pool.
by kickinit
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Channel 10 just announced the SANFL has revoked the rights for the Cows to wear that guernsey
by Jim05
Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Lutheran and Enfield can finish anywhere from 1st to 6th
Rose Park, NEK, Fitzroy and Seaton can finish anywhere from 1st to 7th
Para Vista can finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th

These are all realistic situations too and don't rely on teams scoring 500 or whatever to make up huge amounts of bonus points.

There will be a heap of bonus points where I play after I smash the bowlers to all parts
by Milly
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Bloody northern suburbs clubs.......can't get nuttin' right ;)
by Hefty
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I like ice cream :)

by Footy Chick
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips Leaderboard

66 - Phantom Gossiper
60 – Auto
59 – Milly
57 – Carey
55- Cougar
50 – Dark & Stormy
by Cougar
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:OK I've just been informed of some Facebook posts hence why this is still going.

Glad I don't have stupid fu@#ing Facebook..........

Turn it up, you love Facebook. If only Barnesy knew you look at FB through your Misses account :lol:
by Cougar
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duromine v EC Stack v clen

Squids wrote:What about AOD9604, is that any good?

It will win you a brownlow
by kickinit
Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Up and coming guns

Brad Hodge
by carey
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nurses (desk calendar) Jokes, Antidotes, etc (no pics)

My health plan doesn't cover dental, so I enrolled my teeth as thirty-two dependents, each needing a complete physical once a year.
by MightyEagles
Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

His biggest achievement might be getting the sanfl and saca to bury the hatchet after 40 years for the good of both sports and the public in the backwards thinking Adelaide.
by The Sleeping Giant
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

is that double byes for reserves then? only 8 teams?

Colonel Light Gardens C grade is in the Div8R comp. So, still remains a 9-team comp.....

Is this the first year for CLG to have a C grade??
Good luck to CLG, good bunch of lads, did well in C4 considering the way they came about last season.. showed in patches they can be a very good side.

cheers PG..we only got told last week we would be moved over from c4..it will work out well for us in regards to triple headers..hopefully we can snare a few wins along the way..
by zedman
Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

bennymacca wrote:As long as there is no collision between the teams (ie deliberately setting up a result to deny a third team) I don't see an issue with teams trying everything they can to make finals

Collisions between teams can be very painful...
by Extractor
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Why some people I deal with on a daily basis are such fu*kwits :roll:
by heater31
Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Bills, bills bills... pay one and another one comes, pay that and two more come!!! :evil:

Stop paying them then
by JK
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |