Search found 865 matches

Return

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

anybody hear Tom this morning regarding the resignation of the Paul Kerin from the Essential Services Commission over water and lack of Government initiative

Yes, heard him on Triple M and ABC
I must say, one of my more enjoyable mornings.......
Renewal SA Board, Rod Hook, Paul Kerin..... Who's next?
and Daffy Duck is getting more feral every time
He had to actually stop talking and swallow this morning because he was nearly drowning in his own froth
Did he actually use the word inappropriate?
Reminds me of "That's not racist - I know what racism is"
by Jimmy_041
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Labor wins, or even gets a swing, in either Fisher or Davenport, I will never say another word.

:YMPRAY:

Let's up the ante ... you have to hand out how to vote cards for Kouta.

Please don't quote that twit/twat - he's still on ignore

You don't want blood on your hands dedja?
I certainly wouldn't want to drown in phlegm
He was on radio again this morning trying to explain the difference between the Feds cut to Gillard's dodgy election promises and his cuts to his dodgy election promises - "efficiency dividends". Once he gets off what his ventriloquists' tell him, he's ****.
That's why he gets so angry when the reporters interrupt him. He loses his spot on the auto cue

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/07/0c/b8/070cb8cc59369711b90362362992780a.jpg
by Jimmy_041
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Time to close the thread, the SANFL has given us the all clear after finalising their review

There will be howls of protest from some posters... :)

regards,

REB

Shame red&black isn't here
I always loved him knocking Norwood when Westies were done as well
The old "look over there" strategy
by Jimmy_041
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Genuine question: are our subs shadowing the Ruskies or are they all in dry dock?

Trust Weatherill to sell Fort Glanville when we finally need it
http://www.fortglanville.com.au/

Damn Ruskies can just sail right in now - we're f***ed

Добро пожаловать товарищ , пожалуйста, будьте нежны
(Welcome Comrade - please be gentle)
by Jimmy_041
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

stan wrote:She says things that is popular with the masses at the time. Now she is in she is aimimg to be the next Nick X.

Jackie XXX
by Jimmy_041
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

Good on him for not giving in
He was there for a petrol head party and they wanted something else
F*** them
by Jimmy_041
Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Under cross examination today the woman said Stevens could “drink more than anyone she had even known”.

At least he was a champion (or star) at something
by Jimmy_041
Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I just watched American Sniper
Fantastic film
http://www.solarmovie.ws/watch-american-sniper-2014-online.html

Yeah I was keen on that one when I saw the preview before Horrible Bosses 2.

Is it actually a Strong script Jimmy or is your opinion slightly obscured because of your man crush on Bradley Cooper :)

Powerful film about Iraq and it's effect on soldiers
The end is quite heart wrenching as I didn't know the true story
Cooper is unrecognisable
I'm going to watch it again today (it might be different with a hangover[4])
by Jimmy_041
Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I just watched American Sniper
Fantastic film
http://www.solarmovie.ws/watch-american ... nline.html
by Jimmy_041
Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Wedgie wrote:OK, now he's been found guilty he can piss off from Glenelg, piss off from South Australia and piss off from the human race.

Can the media please stop calling him a star now. Never was, certainly never will be
by Jimmy_041
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

There he was on a sporting shooters holidays in Kosova, Pakistan, Afghanistan and 27 other 'stans and was minding his own business when........
I wonder how many other people will say "I was over in Syria and Iraq on holidays & hitched a ride with these nice black flagged men in jeeps when....."
He was tried under a law that didn't exist - we all knew the US had f***ed that up
Doesn't mean he's a poor unfortunate soul doing nothing minding his own business
by Jimmy_041
Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wish I was there
Getting sorted by the pensioners
by Jimmy_041
Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2014/2015

HH3 wrote:Im the Hutchy of SAFooty now....just saying

Don't belittle yourself
by Jimmy_041
Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2014/2015

Just watched Draft Day on Foxtel
Watch if you can - thoroughly enjoyed it
by Jimmy_041
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pyne you are a disgrace and I for one await for your press conference Wednesday arvo.
Whoa man, bit heavy for Monday. Whats the poodle up to now?

I believe that Pyne is saying if he doesn't get his University reforms through the Parliament he is going to take the sledgehammer through the funding of Scientists

1700 Research positions would be axed. He's a ******* ferret, isn't he?

Although he's a slippery as a twice used cond**; Pyne will be in trouble if Xenophon does run a candidate,
by Jimmy_041
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, because it was posted with your other commentary, I thought you were inferring something. Apologies.

Usually, the initial charges are like an ambit claim which both sides work through to get agreement on facts and ultimate charge
The process is quite fascinating and people like Abbott, Powell and Edwardson are worth their weight
Money cant buy you justice, but it certainly buys you a better class of it
Note the prosecution is using a SC as well, which, I think, is unusual for the level of this case (ie) it's down to one (or two?) charge. They are matching their opposition
by Jimmy_041
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

Always amazed me how rugby league blokes can play 3 games in a week without crying about it and I'd reckon they'd use the ice baths far more
by Jimmy_041
Mon May 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Interest Rates/Aust economy discussion

Howard was right: Interest rates will always be lower under a Liberal Govt
Just wish both sides wouldn't f*** the economy to try to provde which one is right
by Jimmy_041
Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

LGIL - Incorrect
Morrell - Correct

SportsCover do the VAFA
SANFL (& all SA affiliated leagues) are insured by the JLT fund which has an aggregate limit. It then is insured by Accident & Health - an agency owned by CGU who ultimately hold the risk. I doubt they would have reinsurance on that size risk but you/we would never see or know it anyway

Apologies, I haven't looked that closely, but the concept was correct
You may be right on the reinsurance part - they certainly have that spread around for PL

The PL is insured differently as there is no discretionary trust.
You don't have the frequency and known losses as with the PA
You are correct - it is co-insured (ie) two insurers take a percentage of the total risk
The chance of a big hit, or no of big hits, is too great, and the premium too small, to self insure

The idea of the discretionary trust is to self insure the "known" losses (ie) you know there will be a total of $1.4m in losses in any one year so why insure it when the insurers are just going to add 40% onto the $1.4m and act as a manager and bank account. There's no risk because you're 100% certain to pay it out. Morrell's theory is correct - the premiums are invested and interest goes towards the $1.4m so, theoretically, you only need to collect $1.2m in premiums.
by Jimmy_041
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

Hon. Cesar Melhem and Hon. Bill Shorten =))
by Jimmy_041
Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

The Dark Knight wrote:Australia all out for 60

Broad 8 fa 15
by Jimmy_041
Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

If you want a real laugh and are on Twitter, follow this mob. They are fantastic
Here is a sample of todays gems
I am going there for a holiday next year
by Jimmy_041
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (DRAFT)

jo172 wrote:Jimmy is in for a fair road trip to get to all PAOC's games this week!

I suppose at least Athelstone, Gaza, Unley is all in a somewhat similar direction

I might just go and work behind the bar at the big clash at Adelaide Airport Stadium
by Jimmy_041
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

I can't help but respond to Wristy's obvious trolling remarks about "sandbagging" as we all know he chooses to play D8R when he could play D1 if he just trained one night per week and stopped spending his valuable time taking in stray dogs (He's the canine version of the cat lady) :O3

PAOC did win the D2R, D8 & D8R last year and came 2nd in C3. The A Grade came 3rd.
If we were "sandbagging", surely one of the non-A Grade sides wouldn't have played in a Grand Final or are you saying we are playing our A Grade players in the lower grades?
For 2015, The League designated D8 a C/D Grade competition after continuous lobbying by Marbles. Neither PAOC or Golden Grove elected to stay down in D8.
The C3 team came second and went up to C2 (as did Pembroke) in accordance with the rules even though we had no idea who would be playing in the team.
In fact, part way through this season, the club realised that C2 was a stronger competition than D8R so we put our 4th side in C2, so PNU actually played our 5th side last Saturday. The entire system is set up to pipeline players to the higher grades
There are 30 guys who played for PAOC in 2014 that haven't played this year, but as for being in a purple patch for numbers, we all remember SHOC a couple of years back - 5 teams - now back to 3.
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Balaklava Cup Day

Jimmy_041 wrote:& #3 Tax Evader for a place at Sandown R5

Got a place alright - last :twisted:
by Jimmy_041
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES (and other D1/D2 finals)

beef wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:U12 free

Div 1 and Div 2 GF"s will be $15

Is u/12 correct, was told under 5 free?

Just to clear this up beef, under 5s are free
by Jimmy_041
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

First time in my life I've liked Centrals
by Jimmy_041
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Adelaide announce Josh Carr as new Coach

on the rails wrote:[qucote="another grub"]$100 k per season.

A signifantly more larger amount true North of $150k.[/quote]

I heard the same thing last Saturday $170k - $180k
Might have some performance criteria in it that will bring him back to the pack
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:how can you put that in this section??? if it is a re-make than I understand...

Yes - with Mark Wahlberg and Helen Bonham Carter
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

I get the feeling they'll back Billy in. They've got no chance of getting in if they change leaders between now and then.
Dunno mate. Billys best quality was Tony Abbott.

Amen to that.
Already getting around that the Labor MPs are now $hitting themselves
Canning by-election will be interesting although both sides will, no doubt, claim some sort of victory
Labor may get a 2-4% swing and will be publicly crowing and privately crying
by Jimmy_041
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion, Relegation and the SFL

The Big Shrek wrote:I have heard it from Nth Haven(twice), at the courts today, and the Pag post must mean something.

Who are the two North Haven people in Court today and what charges?
by Jimmy_041
Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

A very prognostic comment in my view
by Jimmy_041
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Scholars and the Points System

Regarding the original point, wouldn't it have just been easier to confirm that the player wasn't in the SFL game and thereby shouldn't have been on the team sheet?

No idea how the League verifies school games, particularly when it's an "older" returned scholar.

My biggest qualm with the Old Scholars as zero points system is that SMOSH, Unley and SHOC get to effectively "double dip" by being aligned to a school and running their own junior programs.

We've given passing thought to changing our name to Payneham Norwood Union Marryatville Morialta to jig the same system.

We need another oval: PAOCPNUFC?

*PNUPAOCFC

Actually, compromise, PPAOCNUFC

We can return to the Payneham Football Club Maroon guernseys, use yellow numbers, and I can take my rightful spot as an H Grader

Edit, you'll also have to ease up on the #CommunicationCareResponsibilityRespect business. That won't go down well with our membership, players or committee in the slightest.

Mrs 041 has noted, on more than one occasion, that #CCRR is a new phenomena completely foreign to me
by Jimmy_041
Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Give him a chance
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

Fyfe robbed of goal of the year
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

PNU's C Grade losing by 100+ and D Grade winning every week?
That would expose their D Grade sandbaggers
by Jimmy_041
Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes

Every club would have players on the gear why would Port be any different?

Not disputing that. Poor form by a player recently retired to say it openly. Some of his mates won't be thrilled....on top of his retirement process.
Oh yes, that part I agree with.

Narcissism - part of the DNA of the Cornes family
by Jimmy_041
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Now that the BLG are going to accept the Salary Crap due to cost of players insurance and sporting pulse the SAAFL CEO may pull his head in and stop sending out letters to clubs with false information in them.
Time to bring Gino back.

Funny thing is, Gino loves the salary cap.
And was the person who proposed the ban on players leaving for the BLG League
by Jimmy_041
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Funny how ASC can now pull a profit due to "improving workforce and construction productivity"
Nothing like the threat of closing it down to improve productivity
There is so much hypocrisy flying around.
When it was said the Japs would get the build, everyone was $hitbagging their sub (just look back though these pages) but the main $hitbaggers were Weatherill and Hamilton-Smith. Weatherill wanted a tender otherwise how would we know which one was best (he seems to forget about Gillman excuse) and if the Japs wouldn't tender, then too bad (cue Gillman hypocrisy again)
Now Hamilton-Smith says the jap sub is the best and it shouldn't even go to tender.

If its all Tony Abbott's fault then, at least he's got the ASC workers off their asses and working
by Jimmy_041
Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

This profit though (which is both ships and subs) is interesting, I'm sure we will find out more about it in the coming days. We had production meeting today and the question about the profit was asked, didn't get much feedback.

Found this TDK:
It's now reporting significant improvements, with a 30 per cent productivity boost on ship two and a further 10 per cent on ship three. - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/business/business/national/2015/11/03/shipbuilder-asc-turns--21-9m-profit.html#sthash.BpUd3O9t.dpuf
by Jimmy_041
Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

What I would give for the City of Norwood, Payneham and St Peters to be even mildly supportive of Australian Rules Football

Likewise Port Adelaide Enfield

I suppose it could be worse, you could be stuck in a shit fight with the North Adelaide Residents Association like PAOC

Literally - very amusing
by Jimmy_041
Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody hell it would be nice if a week went past and there wasnt another lineral party drama. God sakes cant you all destroy each other in private?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it's that nature of politics now - it is no longer adversarial but combative on all fronts.
Abbott can't complain - he invented it. Shorten is now doing it (badly)

Xenophon's attitude to Turnbull, on 891 this morning, was interesting
I think he actually thinks Turnbull is doing a good job
Xenophon has the luxury of being a populist and being able to pick his battles, but $hit, he battles at them well
by Jimmy_041
Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

49ers should relocate to Adelaide so @FOURTH ESTATE can watch them every second week
by Jimmy_041
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hearing the journo affected by it this morning, she seemed to take it all in her stride!

She seemed quite amused about it
She potted Penny Wong last night - said other people will try to use it for their own purposes/gain but she didn't have a problem with it straight after Wong spewed out her usual vinegar
by Jimmy_041
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I picked 4/4 this week
Got up this morning to watch Carolina v Seattle and went to the gym to watch Denver v Steelers

They were all close and exciting games - as they said in the commentary - anything could have happened

Next week should be good:

Pats in Denver
Cards in Carolina

Hoping for a Denver v Carolina Superbowl
by Jimmy_041
Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Dogwatcher wrote:Can't disagree with any of that.
It's beyond me why the AFL wouldn't want its 'feeder leagues' to be as strong as they possibly could be.
That would help everyone.

Too busy pumping massive $$$ into NSW and Qld, oh, and womens football
by Jimmy_041
Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The problem with Penny Wong is she just might win and the Labor Right couldn't handle that.

I like Albo but don't think he's leadership material. He's an attack dog, Labor's Tony Abbott.

Anyone see Stan Grant's Press Club address? I don't care what party he would represent just give him the keys and make him PM I haven't seen a more powerful & impressive speaker since Keating.

I'm not sure 95% of Australians could handle it
Agree with you on the rest

Why because she's a gay Asian woman? I think most would be comfortable with her now after all this time she's a class act and one of Labor's better performers.

What I expected.....
No, because she's not a class act - far from it
by Jimmy_041
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:Honest to god Bill Shorten is employed by the Liberal party. He is their greatest weapon in the up coming election.

Mind you, Abbott is turning into Labor's friend as well
The narcissism in politicians is gobsmacking
by Jimmy_041
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Windy Point restaurant (not the cafe)

The food was confusing (ie) why put that with that? (eg) Chateaubriand with creamed spinach (was shite) and 3 sauces - Bearnaise, BBQ(!!!) & Horseradish (i)
Service was very poor (I could fill half a page with what they did wrong)
Had to rugby tackle the waiter to get a drink (eg) Can I please order a glass of wine for my entree? "You just had your entree" "Yes I did, didn't I"
The waitress asked for a tip when I was paying. My eyes said it all............

2/10
by Jimmy_041
Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |