Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Junior Football

No, any discussion about junior football these days seems to end up about umpires and according to a number of posters here it is expected of clubs to repeatedly tell spectators that "umpires are human".

It's all become a bit of a joke, umpires are starting to be treated like they are bigger than the game.

What's a joke is idiots continuing to talk about umpiring in Junior forums. I sense a lot of posts are just against umpires, no matter what.

If an umpire asserts authority because it's needed, he's a control freak. If he doesn't take control, he's considered pathetic and letting the game get out of control.

I'll be waiting for the posts to continue bashing umpires from people who've obviously NEVER done it.

Topic is JUNIOR football....NOT umpires. Mods.....step in please.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Thu May 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

I apologise to Hefty and Tex - I was not informed correctly - there was NO Golden Grove player reported. There WAS a Broadview player reported and subsequently punished. No idea of how the tribunal set penalties.

ROCS Div 1 Reserves player - Intentional - High - Low Grade - 2 weeks
Broadview U/18 - Reckless - High - Low Grade - 3 weeks?

I heard there was an investigation into the incident that may have lead to the report - but nothing showing on website.

Just dealing with facts.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Come up with a better system. You're right - umpires have too much to worry about to get it absolutely right.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Having seen the Red division most of the year, and a couple of Yellow Division games ( and with discussion with others) , plus observing the games yesterday I would say the Red Division is marginally stronger, being more skilful and a better standard. The Yellow Division seems to have stronger and bigger players, but the skill level is down a bit.

In comparing the two games yesterday, the Red GF was a fast, hard contest with some great team play. Cracking contest between the two best sides.

The Yellow games was less "skilful" but equally well contested. Mark of the Year taken, without doubt. Hope the guy had the video on it, send to Almost Footy Legends. Absolute screamer.

Almost line ball, with a nod to the Red Division by a hair.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

The grey area is allowing umpires to do this can create bias its either a yellow off for 10 can replace or a red off for the game can replace after 10 mins
The whole leave it up to the umpires is rubbish they can barely call the game right let alone have the right to pick and choose if a player can or cant be replaced !

Sigh......please take it as ABSOLUTE FACT

Yellow card - player off for ten minutes and CAN BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY

Red Card - player is reported and sent off for a minimum of 10 minutes, or up to the rest of the game (at the umpires discretion) They are allowed to be replaced after 10 minutes - not "maybe" - but they will be allowed to - no grey area, it is clear.

If a team has not sought to replace them after 10 minutes - that's their own fault.

You had two highly experienced Division 1 Umpires (both have done Div 1 GF's) - so they would have done exactly the right procedure.

And Wonder Kid - saying the umpires can barely call the game right.........you are a knob.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

In the absence of a more suitable thread... I am so concerned about the head high rule interpretation which effectively encourages, and I reckon some sides are coached to do it, risking a neck injury by charging in with the head down to draw the free kick. As a health professional, I think it is the most ridiculous state of affairs when the umps are protecting the players head when the player is deliberately putting themselves at risk.
And I don't think our "amateur" umpires are up to interpreting the rule properly, I have never seen a free kick awarded against someone for charging whilst doing it. It's time for common sense to prevail before someone ends up quadraplegic.

Never heard of a coach telling their players to duck their head into an oncoming player.

The rule is a bit ridiculous though. Every week I see at least 1-2 free kicks given where a player deliberately ducks into a tackler. The umpires are instructed to pay that as a free kick though. I've spoken to the umps during the game about this, and they agree that it shouldn't be a free kick, but they have been instructed to pay them as free kicks by head office. So it needs to be taken up with them.

People will never be satisfied - umpires protecting the ball player at all times - any head high contact is penalised - and if a player "ducks" and seems to be doing it constantly - the umpire reports it to the coach and the matter is dealt with there. Expecting umpires to make a judgement call on whether a player ducks, or slips - in a millisecond - is pure folly - especially in lower grades where their level of expertise may not be as high as higher grades.

It's a simple rule - protect the ball player and any head high contact should be penalised - storm in a tea cup.....
by ezydoesitbigfella
Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

Manslaughter can never be forgiven a home invasion where you are beat up and robbed at knife point can be forgiven you do not earn the right when you have taken so much from the community they have to work for the rest of there life to try and earn back trust im not like Shrek or half of you who seem more then happy to roll a blind eye with out knowing the extent of the 10 convicts Shrek has you believe they are petty crims they are actually nowhere near that at all

Sounds like you are well known to these individuals Robb_Stark? You ACTUALLY know what these people have done to society?

Loving your punctuation, by the way!

Thank goodness you are not in charge of any organisation or part of any community that makes decisions on matters like this.

You'd have them locked away for ever?
by ezydoesitbigfella
Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

zedman wrote:
retired60 wrote:Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.

so who was the guy i spoke to i wonder?..something else?

I'd say the answer is......yes....
by ezydoesitbigfella
Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Summner certainly did his part to help Woody South - this was a classic!!

Mark of the Year.JPG
by ezydoesitbigfella
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |