Search found 8 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Don't support either of the teams that played yesterday. The umpiring of this game was a disgrace especially from the blonde haired dude. He was so one sided against TTG that it became a joke. The 25 in the 3rd was awful and came about because of no voice used by this umpire. Cost TTG the game in my opinion, played a hand in the first two goals straight after half time. Gave Jolly his first for the day in the 3rd with a ridiculous push , later in the quarter allowed the same to go in noticed.
Bordering on cheating

Bulldog - you are a serial umpire basher - always have been.

25 in the third quarter came about because the player had been told to return the ball - pretended to not know who it should go to - then "looped" the ball back to the player - the rule has been "you must return the ball directly (as you would your own team) - call it pedantic - but that IS the ruling!

First two goals after half time - and Jolly's free (I agree it could have been doubtful) - the other umpire was in control of the play at that end.

The game was won and lost in the first 15 minutes of the third term - PNU played attacking footy and TTG did not respond soon enough. TTG were very brave to fight back.

Stop umpire bashing because they don't bother responding to your comments..

It was also very consistent with one they paid against PNU in the second quarter. Almost a mirror image.
by jo172
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to www.saafl.asn.au
by retired60
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to http://www.saafl.asn.au
Well hopefully they let the game flow and do what good umpires do - go unnoticed.

To quote Happy Gilmore "Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit!"... Whilst I will cry BAAAALLLLL like a sheep, complain that Jolls never gets a fair go and even let out a how did he miss that, what game is he watching... I wont be worrying about umpiring, they might be good, they might be bad, they may even cost us the game with a questionable decision but at the end of the day there just two blokes trying to do a job under a truckload of pressure.

You're spot on, I hope they go un-noticed but at the end of the day - "It is what it is", I wish them all the best for the day and hope they have a good game.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

It's laughable to compare this to the GX scenario. That one had at least played out in Court before it was discussed on here so that's open slather. This only occurred yesterday and that's what Lisa clearly said...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

The rule on this forum, is - and always has been, reported incidents are not to be discussed until it's been heard by the tribunal.

There are several reasons for this and the main one is that we've had blokes banned for life for some of the bullshit that comes out on these forums. I think The real No.3 can attest to this.

This is why I imposed this rule - to protect players - not the bloody league.

OKC ignored a mods warning, you're about to go with him Zartan if you dont' smarten up. You should know better.
by Footy Chick
Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Leafy Bottrell spent the night in hospital with fractured chest plate and a dislocated collarbone. No neck or back issues luckily! Is a good lad and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Great news - that was a scary time - speedy recovery!!!!

Ouch. Although still a nasty injury, it's a far better prognosis than the back/neck injury we suspected he may have had.

Well done to the WC trainers and to a girl whose name was Lauren I think, who held his head dead still for insane amount of time before the Ambo's got there.

Well done to the CEO for having impeccable timing in arriving at the oval, just as i was ringing him to find out how much time we had to play with before having to call off the game.
by Footy Chick
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

i think we had one in our rd 18 game at hectorville..although i didnt know of the program at the time i was curious as to who the "new" umpire was as i had never seen him before..he told me he was from a league in pt augusta and that the saafl had invited him and some others to help umpire games in adelaide..did a good job..smiled a lot..and nobody got stabbed! :roll:
by zedman
Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |