Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Are there umpires in the A grade this game? Need to know to get my tips right
by Milly
Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From our phone chat last night:

carey wrote:I've taken more wickets than I've bowled overs.. I'm 21no as well I'm gonna ton up

Sorry bud but 31 overs is more than 8 wickets :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

If CMS locals played Bute locals naked in a game of Croquet, CMS would win easily!
by the milky bar kid
Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Will any side get near Salisbury West this season?

Not having seen the rest of the Comp, but having seen Westies I'd have PAOC as favourites against them (no real idea where the other clubs stand).
Guessing SW depth must be a little shallow, I mean how the heck does Todd Weidenbach get a kick let alone kick 6 goal?! :shock:
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Adam Gully who was awarded life membership at Enfield on Sunday.

199 games. 380 wickets, over 2,000 runs.

Played in 5x C&CCA carnivals over 10 years + SAMCA Cups sides, and has always been a rare shining light for Enfield in some difficult years, and generally the only Enfield player liked and respected by others in the comp :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Tony Clifton wrote:Should there be one big league for metro community cricket like there is with amateur league football?

Including ATCA or keeping it separate?

I still believe the SACA should've just made 3x main comps - North, Central, South and then allocated clubs via their zone to each comp.
by The Bedge
Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How's the NEK A Grade 1st innings - all 10 wickets taken by father/son :shock:

Andrew Balding 6/53
Tyler Grainger-Balding 4/23

Fair bloody effort!
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Rundle.. remember this:

another victim.PNG
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Isnt it good for the SANFL ? Didn't you want a bridge ? God some are so conservative . Its a 128 room hotel. That is will destroy other hotels lol
by Brett
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

This division could be pretty tough to pick tbh?

In my opinion Marion-Elizabeth- Brahma will be the teams to beat alot quality players have moved to these Clubs, especially Brahma Lodge they have picked up a few quality players from Salisbury West and some young talent as well, Elizabeth haven't lost many players and we're probably the best team in Division 6 last year but didn't hit form at the right time, Marion will probably finish minor premiers I just think with their budget and the money they have at disposal on players will probably be too much for Division 6 clubs although last year in division 7 they found it hard beating lower division sides but I can't see them making the same mistake they'll pick up a few big Recruits and probably dominate this division
by PortPower2018
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Could it be that Dhakshinamoorthy played in their other team all season but switched teams for the semi?
Perhaps the highly irregular run chase in Round 18 that saw their "A" team apparently chase 180 in under 20 overs?

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=3522596

The scorecard itself looks too unreleastic to be true - everyone gets 4 overs and 2 wickets, no maidens, no FOW and a 100 to the captain for being a good sport.
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good is it to see LO1 purely A Grade teams, that should shut a few of us up.............................probably won't though.

LO2 is full of B Grade teams except for Salisbury West, it is listed as their D Grade, it will be riddled with talent though with a few blokes that don't want to play two day cricket, when you have 3 two day teams you can do what you like IMO.

Kudos to Craigmore and the Royals too for entering 3 two day sides too, the gradings look so much better full stop with the 6 team format, I've been a massive advocate for it for years and it looks brilliant, I hope I share the same opinion in March.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bedge padded up ready to stroll to the wicket when his lad says "Dad, how many runs are you going to get today?"

"All of them son, all of them"
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Prospect lose on first innings. Aggressive declaration from East Torrens and Prospect win outright.

Uni smoke Adelaide outright. Long season brewing for the Buffalos

Big runs for West Torrens and Glenelg in their first innings but only a draw and a loss to show for it respectively

Hopefully Thomas Kelly continues his form and puts himself in the selection frame for the Redbacks
by Tony Clifton
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Season to remain as planned
by #bleedredandblue
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are two simple rules that must be followed in a final.

1: If you win the toss, you bat first.

I forgot the other one.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know why it has to be hard wicket or turf.. I'd be happy playing in a comp that was mixed, would be a little more interesting if half your games were turf, and half hard wicket.

Soon find out which sides can adjust and adapt the best.
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor form from a lot of the clubs not wanting to stay in grade 1 or 2 and asking to play lower grade stuff.....Cant wait to see North Melbourne ask the AFL to only play in the VFL so they can be competitive.....
by GarrytheGOAT
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

Sounds like Play HQ is nothing but an utter Shit Show which i'm not surprised about.
After finally mastering Mycricket i dont have the patience to learn all this new shit and all i've heard from others in the Club that are tasked with using it is "It cant do this or cant do that". Things that just should be F*****G Standard !!!!!
Again, doesn't surprise me at all :roll:
by jackpot jim
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cricket outgrew MyCricket and the program couldn't support the load - wasn't that the biggest issue / need to change over?

Cricket only outgrew MyCricket because MyCricket was told 2 years ago they weren't getting the next contract so they stopped investing in it.
Last year's server issues were only due to the fact they stopped expanding.

MyCricket was great. It was not only keeping up but was actually driving the improvement.

This narrative that CA and the states are driving that change was required is a joke.
by Trader
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Could there be a bigger embarrassment to Cricket in Australia than PLAYHQ

They have gone from a system that worked perfectly fine to a disaster

Cricket Australia is doing a brilliant job of destroying grassroots cricket in this country

Keep feeding the top of the plant and you will have nothing left ...... bunch of well fed fools
by billy
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Good old PDCA.........

It's amazing how quickly things can escalate.... feel sorry for those who play for the two teams that were not involved.

I played in a game once and there wasn't a fight.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Interesting stat from the most recent ATCA Round. Goodwood had 18 sides play in senior and junior comps (a few more got cancelled due to hot weather) and came away with 17 wins. The only side that didn't win lowered its colours to the other Goodwood side in the same Comp. Pretty impressive effort.
by Madrooster64
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:I hate how online on PlayHQ you can't click on a players name and open up their season stats like you can for footy.

Also having issues with scoring - if day 2 commences, I cant seem to be able to live score on day 2 if I've entered progressive scores day 1.

Every aspect of it is dog shit
by Tony Clifton
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |