Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Hey you mob. Long time no see (or post).

Let me give you my thoughts on the game.

But first i'll give you a bit of history. For those that don't know. I am a fourth generation Glenelg supporter. My great grandfather moved to Glenelg when my grandfather was 6. So its great grandfather, grandfather, father, me and my kids.

I have been a glenelg supporter my entire life. I was one of the few glenelg supporters who joined forces a few years back against Norwood and the Snouts were born.

So this year after a few years away, family was too young for last couple we joined up as members. Having won the previous 6 games of the year i thought that would keep us going into this year.

We received an email from a close family friend saying she is getting married in kenya towards the end of the year. Personally i didnt take much notice of it knowing we were heading back to see my wifes family, my kids seeing their grandparents for the first time in a few years in November/december will be a bonus.

So we start the well ok and we start winning games and thinking we are playing alright. And then we recieve the invitation. Wedding is September 7th. Knowing how much leave we had and that we hadnt been here for 2.5 years i knew deep down that we would be here on 22nd September.

So fast forward a few months and the day arrives - Second Semi Final - i'm pacing up and down the place where we are staying listening to the call from Life FM. That day wasnt to be for us, i said to myself maybe its a blessing.

The next week again i sat glued the coverage and realised that we were playing in a grand final. I sat up and watched the replay at 10.00pm kenyan time.

So the big week was here. We had a lot of family visits that we needed to do So that kept my mind off things. But come sunday i was ready. Up at 6.30am to listen to life fm for a while. I ended picking up a few 'white caps' - kenyan beer. I said to myself that id have one at the start and should we win it i'll have one at the end. So at 8.30am kenyan time i cracked my first beer.

My observations

We were strong from the get go. 5 mins in we were just so switched on. When port did attack in the 2nd our defence stood up. I lost count of thr pack marks we took.

Every player won their position. 

I got more and more emotional as the final quarter kept going. By 15 mins i was balling. I had to compose myself when they kicked that goal. But lost it again when Marlon kicked the goal. My wife walked in (doesnt do football) and thought we lost.

I made a few facebook calls to my dad and other louts after the siren, i was a mess.
by mrjbeam1981
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |