Search found 951 matches

Return

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

saintal wrote:Centrals away next week. No better opportunity to break various embarrassing hoodoos.

and to claim the inaugural Integrity Cup...
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

Wedgie wrote:Holdy crap, almost half time and the Crows are 35 points up!

Nothing wrong with the Holdy for a pre-game lubricant :D
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Would love to see them booted out but im a realist and I think we are stuck with them now but some major rule changes are needed
I don't think we're stuck with them. The AFL sides are in the SANFL only as a matter of caprice. Should the AFL clubs change their mind in a few years time (for whatever reason) they'll simply pull up stumps and leave. The 15 year agreement ain't worth squat.
by Pseudo
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

I always like to catch up with the 'Bays blokes' @ least once a year - Stampy, Dirko, Spargo, Pseudo, etc. :)
Sorry LE... oops, LPH... but if you want to see me you'll have to come back on Saturday arvo for the second meeting of the Bay Oval Bye Week Book Club (tm). Come and discuss modern literature (i.e. the Football Budget) and view performing arts (i.e. the SANFL telecast) over a few beers, safe in the knowledge that you are supporting a sovereign SANFL club without sanctioning the presence of unwanted interlopers.

http://snoutslouts.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8382&start=24
by Pseudo
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

smac wrote:Across my left arse cheek.

And then you'd get "k me" across the right one?
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

dedja wrote:
HH3 wrote:Does anyone know of anything fun/not boring to do in Streaky Bay?

Me and the missus are heading up there on Thursday, and all the "things to do" websites are shithouse.

Bed, holiday, missus ... I think you can work out the rest.

Dutch Oven?
by Pseudo
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Glenelg's financial issues aren't sponsorship (yes, more would be nice), it's the lack of patronage at the Bar and Bistro and Function Centre, which has a direct relationship to on field success.
All the more reason to spend Saturday afternoon in the GFC clubrooms, in the absence of a real game this weekend. 8)
by Pseudo
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if the SANFL clubs would have the balls to make this happen, because as it stands it is completely unfair.

Last year the 8 clubs were adamant that Port could have a reserves team in the SANFL league only under the same conditions as the Crows.

Port whinged "We want to have dedicated SANFL league players of any age and we want a SANFL reserves team too".

The clubs couldn't have backflipped more quickly if they'd had circus training.

You reckon they'll admit to making a mistake now?
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

Pure ladder after Round 4:
P W F A %
South 4 4 416 280 59.77
Eagles 3 3 268 221 54.81
Sturt 3 2 265 210 55.79
North 3 2 243 241 50.21
Central 3 1 214 211 50.35
West 3 0 168 242 40.98
Norwood 3 0 170 251 40.38
Glenelg 2 0 112 200 35.90

Bays bottom but with a game in hand, thankyou fatpiperston :p
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Except you'd only be hurting your own club for not turning up to their function where they get all the profits ... #-o

So you should pack the place out, eat and drink heaps but give him lots of shit.

Problem solvered.
Or instead of attending the function, go to the clubrooms on the next day for a meal and a few beers. Find a way to support your club without also acknowledging the interlopers.

Works for me 8)
by Pseudo
Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Glenelg V Norwood Post Match

a bit of Solo Play (tm) ought to get them warm again...
by Pseudo
Sat May 03, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 5. The first full round of the season and evenly matched to boot, with 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6, and 7 v 8.

P W F A %
South 5 4 491 365 57.36
Eagles 4 4 353 296 54.39
Sturt 4 3 374 258 59.18
North 4 2 291 350 45.40
West 4 1 266 276 49.08
Central 4 1 248 309 44.52
Norwood 4 1 240 304 44.18
Glenelg 3 0 165 270 37.93
by Pseudo
Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are Centrals "imploding"?

Footy Chick wrote:It's simple science kiddies:

Issac Newton once said " What goes up, must come down"

Not if it reaches escape velocity. :-B
by Pseudo
Mon May 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 pure ladder. Bays finally notch up a win this season. Hooray! The bye sees South lose top spot.

..........P....W....F.....A.....%
Eagles....6....6....630...447...58.50
South.....6....5....582...416...58.32
Sturt.....5....4....506...311...61.93
Central...6....2....420...480...46.67
North.....6....2....463...605...43.35
West......5....1....319...408...43.88
Norwood...5....1....291...395...42.42
Glenelg...5....1....315...464...40.44
by Pseudo
Wed May 21, 2014 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Self-assembly flat pack furniture.

"Assembly time two hours", said the instructions.

Two hours my hairy white arsehole.

Started around 11 AM. Took a half hour break for lunch, and the same for dinner, and a tea break at some point. Ended up giving the final twist of the allen key at 9 PM.

I'm tired, my limbs are sore, I have a headache, and if anyone ever presents me with an allen key again I'm going to shove it up their clacker.
by Pseudo
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The halfway point of the season - all dinkum teams played each of the others and had two byes apiece. Eagles on top yet to lose a game but Sturt on their heels with a healthier percentage. The Bays at the other end on track to turn in their worst season in living memory.

..........P....W....F.....A.....%
Eagles....7....7....705...519...57.60
Sturt.....7....6....689...434...61.35
South.....7....5....666...508...56.73
North.....7....3....581...666...46.59
West......7....2....502...514...49.41
Norwood...7....2....418...504...45.34
Central...7....2....459...571...44.56
Glenelg...7....1....427...731...36.87
by Pseudo
Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Failed Creation wrote:Rik Mayall (The Young Ones, The New Statesman, Bottom, Drop Dead Fred, Guest House Paradiso) has died. The cause of death is unknown at this stage.

"Fred Drops Dead".

Another icon of my formative years taken far too soon.

:(
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

I think this will be a good game at which to get on the turps...
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the joys of not being a member is that I no longer have to suffer through "excuse emails" from the club.

Anyone suffering the illusion that all norwood supporters are high class should be forced to catch the H22 bus after the game. OH MY LORD...

However as I type this I am sitting on a footy express train surrounded by lesser life forms clad in uggs, coiffed in mullets and sporting teal clothing. I have just learned several new definitions of the word "feral".
by Pseudo
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worried that by half time I will not have consumed enough of the sponsor's produce in order to care less about the scoreboard.

I do not anticipate this still being a problem by full time.

Norwood by a carton of sparkling ale.
by Pseudo
Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt taking the piss?

LPH wrote:Perhaps they could adopt this logo next year, modified with a fist stabbing a lightning bolt through the heart of the Magpie?

The fist should be embedded up the arse of the magpie, like a glove puppet. That's what the Magpies are now.
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Booney wrote:
Seriously, can anyone see this lot ever dragging themselves off the canvas?

If they prove incapable of it by themselves then they could always host reserves for an AFL club to drag them up off the canvas, like that other mob did...
by Pseudo
Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forget about port this concerns the bays but ghee for the coach to be making excuses about what he has inherited be it true or not! Wouldn't you as the coach just shut your mouth and try to plot your path out of the mess? If I were a bays fan I'd be mighty concerned with were you are heading.
I'm concerned about your spelling of 'where'

I'm more concerned about the clarified butter that the Coach covers himself in.
So he's a martial artist? They often wear ghee ...
by Pseudo
Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

He was just making an internet video entitled "One guy no cup"
by Pseudo
Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:I've got a meeting in Glenelg today, might pop in for the 48th and 49th quarters. I'll provide an update.

If Glenelg had averaged a goal per quarter then you'd be getting there just in time to see a record get equalled!

Big If with this year's team, I know.... :(
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clint Alleway

maxyoz wrote:Well that was an extra 2 pages of wasted space. Anyone would think Alleway was an AFL team in the SANFL.

Then I would never - NEVER - attend a game featuring Clint Alleway. :D
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

West Adelaide sent out this today
The inclusion of the two AFL based clubs in the SANFL competition has challenged the thinking and the preparation of the existing SANFL Clubs. It has brought supporters to the games who might otherwise not be there.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4204189440/h80A01930/
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no need to stress ... you could field a team of Oompa Loompas and still manage a 10 goal win.
...and I would hope that our on-field support staff had a few quiet words in the ears of those oompa loompas, to suggest that they might have better league prospects at our club.

I've got league prospects at your club.
For how long have you been employed in the confectionery industry?
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 LIVE scores

matt35 wrote:Listened to the game.

As did the other 3999 Crows fans, it would seem.
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The missus getting a $46 parking fine at ttp for being their over 5 hours, claims she didn't see any signs, is this new? Haven't been up that way for a couple of years.

She then tells me that her apprentice got a similar fine at the Elizabeth shopping centre only last week.
$46 is nothng compared to the damage your missus would have done to your credit card in >5 hours...
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Pancakes at the Port.
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can change religion, you can't change race.
Anyone can become a Jew, not anyone can become negro from Caucasian.

Oh, I don't know about that .... it's been done the other way:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GSVEkvCvbf4/UO2YUl_dfAI/AAAAAAAAGxc/TirQcXYO1F8/s320/michael-jackson.jpg
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Pancakes at the Port.
My missus and I go there on a regular basis on a Sunday, we even have a pre booked table lol. We didn't go there the Sunday just gone through. It's a fantastic little restaurant, the only bad thing is the wait for your food because it can get so busy but it is worth the wait. The food is top notch.

What did you have from there Pseudo?
I had just taken the crotchfruit to the Maritime Museum to see the "Gory Stories from the Putrid Past" show. I dragged them to the Pancake joint for lunch afterwards. Being kids they just opted for a short stack each, while I had one with walnuts, syrup and icecream. Very impressed. We walked to the lighthouse and climbed to the top afterwards. All up, a simple but good day out for the kids. The Port ain't a bad place to keep kids happy for a few hours.

I used to work around the corner from the Pancake Kitchen in town (maybe 25 years ago) and used to go there for a short stack after doing a drag shift ... but have no idea what it's like now so can't compare.
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

PhilH wrote:If it is an AFL free weekend ... would you run
- Doubleheader Saturday & Doubleheader Sunday
- Or 4 games in one day through the Saturday?

2 x doubleheader, with a single admission valid for both days.
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

With the cows playing earlier in the day, Glenelg's inability to recognise the first qtr actually counts on the scoreboard, Westies' usual exciting brand of footy, the almost barren Tiger bandwagon plus the expected travelling support - all adds up to a crowd no more than 1412.
No line up for grog 8)
No point lining up for grog when the club fails to stock an adequate amount, I'll arm wrestle you for the solitary bottle of stout ...
by Pseudo
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Booney wrote:I like the pork warm

:lol:
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-08-05/crows-top-sanfl-crowds

Ahem.

They've obviously shifted the goal posts from the adding on 6,000 patrons, but this must debunk some of the criticism of the crowd numbers?
Only to the uneducated.

The article cited above suggests that 53926 punters have attended 15 Clowns practice matches this season. Consider games only against the 8 legitimate SANFL teams, and exclude the one obvious outlier (9299 at Glenelg, most of whom did not come to see a SANFL game but to see a specific player), and we see the average over this subset is 33119/12 = 2760, which is slightly less than the claimed competition average of 2896.

So on average the Clowns have drawn the most punters; but in a typical game they have added nothing to the comp.

Clearly the Clowns propaganda machine knows this; hence the revisionist claim that "average crowds of 2000" was the basis for their admission to the league. George Orwell couldn't have scripted it better.
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.
And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Support the Pure SANFL ladder.

The best your team can come is first, and the worst is eighth.

You know it makes sense.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

JK wrote:I used to always go the Combo but changed to Pork recently and haven't looked back .

So many lines on this thread are wildly humorous when taken out of context. :lol:
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.
Throw a metaphorical stone on This August Forum and you could hit any number of posters who have not taken membership of their SANFL club because of the admission of garbage teams into the competition. Not little to do with it, but everything to do with it.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

It might be quite difficult for me to change teams mate, but I'll think about it. I won't just go making a split second decision to go and support another team though, it will take time.
Booney, I was surprised your profile hasn't already changed to show the Eagles as your SANFL team.

Kurt Slaven will be around shortly to give you your membership pack.

Here is the link to the team song if you want to practice it......

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?page_id=328

And don't forget to do the actions...

aTEPC7SAF8E
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tech1 wrote:Question for you guys what would you be happy with?

The compete removal of foreign garbage teams from Our Competition.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Driving home from work last night I saw a lady standing on a corner waiting for traffic to pass. She was holding a leash with a cat at the end. She was walking her cat.

@Footy Chick ?
by Pseudo
Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 17 Pure Ladder.

Last week Sturt replaced the Eagles on top; this week the Panthers replace the Eagles in second. Next week's South v Sturt game will thus decide the Pure Minor Premiership (tm). Should Sturt and South draw and the Eagles get up (fat chance I know) then the Eagles will claim the Pure Minor Premiership (tm).

Glenelg concludes its season, improving vastly on last year's effort by climbing to 8th place on the Pure Ladder. :D

P W D F A %
Sturt 13 9 0 1137 839 57.54
South 13 9 0 1157 870 57.08
Eagles 13 9 0 1114 970 53.45
Norwood 14 8 0 1094 878 55.48
Central 13 7 0 890 902 49.67
North 13 6 0 1088 1156 48.48
West 13 3 0 857 1105 43.68
Glenelg 14 2 0 823 1440 36.37
by Pseudo
Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of my pictures on my Tinder profile also has one of my mates in the photo (downloaded from my FB page). I just got the below email from my mate's GF asking me to take the picture down.......

"Can you pls change ur tinder pic, I don’t like having naths pic on tinder. A few of my friends have seen it and commented. "

:lol:

Nath might be keen to keep it up......better ask him, as it's his pic and all that. ;)

Funny thing Nath already knew about it. Should I change my profile pic to just one of Nath??

It's what David Thorne would do ...
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I missed two games because the season had been shortened by two games to suit AFL interests.

I missed four games because they were practice matches against interlopers and not worthy of recognition.

I missed two games because I simply could not be arsed going; the dimunition of Our Competition was a factor in this.

I missed two games because I was somewhere over the Pacific: one heading northeast, one coming southwest.

I therefore attended ten games; the lowest total I have attended since 1991 when the Bays played home games at West Lakes and I spent most of my winter weekends focussing on an honours thesis. Of those ten games only one was a win.

This has been the most underwhelming season in memory, and not just because of the on-field results. I did not take out membership (due wholly to my club playing its role in allowing garbage into the comp) and have not missed it. I find myself caring very little that my mob rarely wins; I am turning up at games largely for shits and giggles: carrying on with mates, drinking overpriced pisswater, and getting away from the trouble-and-strife for an afternoon. I do not give a flying fig who "wins" the premiership at this point, coming as it will from a series of matches against teams which should not be in the competition, and not a fair measure of betterness against evenly matched teams.

I hold some hope that the situation will be mitigated next year when the dickheads in charge stop backslapping each other for long enough to realise that they've buggered the competition. I hope that in the long term the league will return to a fair competition between evenly-matched clubs. Whether this happens because the SANFL grows a set of balls, of beacuse the interlopers leave of their own volition when they find that the conditions no longer satisfy their foul needs, I do not care. I suspect that the latter reason will be the case.
by Pseudo
Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |