Search found 951 matches

Return

Re: 2020 1st Semi Final

'Gratz to the Panthers who were unequivocally the better side today. The margin flattered the Bays. Best of luck for the rest of the finals; may you break that long spell. Go Panthers!
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Glenelg not winning the cup this year.

Port (and their cross-town cousins) not being in the running for it.
by Pseudo
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

Eagles by 38 now. Stick a fork in South's arse, they're cooked. They might want to sneak a 19th man on in the final term; give themselves a silly chance...
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

Apparently the Eagles have equalled their highest score of the season. And this time they did it without an armchair ride!
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone think that Trump didn't get COVID-19?

And all his aids and staff didn't either?
Not sure even he's that stupid to fake this

He has AIDS too?
by Pseudo
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:Is anyone else having issues with Twitter?

I've always had issues with Twitter.

...and facebook, instagram, and the rest of them.
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West End Brewery

amber_fluid wrote:No Land of Promise?

I thought the LoP was more of a cocktail joint ... I had a couple of Slippery Nipples there once. ;)
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Brett wrote:Very average game and the kicking from both sides was poor most of the day.

How did the crowd look on your telly?
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratz Eagles fans, easily the best team all year and a deserved premiership. May the car doors be slamming well after 10 pm at Woodville tonight!
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attendance 17,038.

Not bad really considering the way attendance was discouraged including by making it very difficult for those without smartphones.

Forgetting the crowd figure, the smartphone excuse is a cop out. If you are in the minority of football supporters & don’t have one, you would have to have a relative/friend/workmate/carer who has a device they could’ve lent you for the day.
I suspect that a printout of the QR code would work as well as a smartphone.

The sting is gone out of this game. Woodville ought to be burying the chooks at this point.
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half time.

Someone better find the fat chick and make sure she knows the words to "Little Peter Rabbit". She's got about 90 minutes to practice.
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Koch “If there are smaller (AFL) list sizes that would not stop us being the Magpies, but the SANFL have got to come to the party and make it a level playing field (ability to recruit) on the same basis as the other clubs.

"a level playing field".

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hqk8lQqi8ECsw/giphy.gif
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The salary cap is set at $200,000 for standalone clubs and $100,000 for AFL and aligned clubs. As previously communicated, there will be no licence fee payable by any club to participate in the 2021 second-tier competition with the AFL to subsidise all approved club travel for interstate matches.
Look! The AFL is bankrolling a reserves competition! And the naysayers said it would never happen.

If they can pay for other clubs to fly up and down the eastern seabord, then they can pay to fly an SA based team into Mexico every week. Off ya go Ravens, there's how you can save your $400K. Take your cross-city cousins with you.
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

"The Platform".

Think "Cube", but in Spanish, and with more depravity and a bit of cannibalism.

Saw another offering on Netflix which reminded me strongly of the two above mentioned movies: "Circle".

A whole bunch of people wake up standing in a circle. Every 2 minutes one of 'em gets shot with a bolt of energy. They quickly realise that they each get to vote on who gets killed next.

Heavily contrived, and unrealistic even within the parameters of the situation, but interesting drama as voting blocs form and the prejudices of the people come to the fore. Not as good as Cube or The Platform but a worthy entry in the artsy-fartsy existential movie genre. 8)
by Pseudo
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quarantining international arrivals should've always been a Fed Govt responsibility performed at a centralized location out of densely populated cities, but it's been handballed to the States while the PM goes around Australia doing PR stunts.

Christmas Island?
Why not? Two weeks prior to travelling, two weeks on Christmas Island.

We were on the home straight and dropped the whip FFS!!!!!!!
An epidemiology professor from UniSA was on the ABC this morning and suggested exactly that. Reckoned that the quarantine policy was fine and well implemented, but it should have been done at remote locations, not city hotels.
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interestingly 3 out of the last 4 Eagle premierships have come very quickly after a change of coach.
1993- Winter after Balme in 1992
2011-Godden after Fuller in 2009
2020-Sheedy after Lonergan in 2019
Only exception 2006 where Fuller had been in charge for 6 years.
Not sure what you can read into it but interesting.

How long it has taken all premiership coaches to attain their first flag with a club since 2000:

year club coach time
2020 Eagles Jade Sheedy 1st year
2019 Glenelg Mark Stone 2nd year
2018 North Josh Carr 3rd year
2016 Sturt Martin Mattner 1st year
2015 West Mark Mickan 2nd year
2014 Norwood Ben Warren 1st year
2012 Norwood Nathan Bassett 3rd year, runner up in 1st year
2011 Eagles Mick Godden 2nd year
2006 Eagles Ron Fuller 6th year
2003 Central Roy Laird 1st year
2002 Sturt Brenton Philips 1st year
2001 Central Al Clarkson 1st year
2000 Central Peter Jonas 3rd year
Six of those coaches - almost half - won a flag in their first year. Only 4 of the thirteen took more than 2 years to win their first flag. It looks like The Eagles' record is par for the course, with Ronny's 6 years being an outlier.

I suspect this is more to do with the typical turnover rate at SANFL clubs these days, than any other reason.
by Pseudo
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear diary,

Day 1 - Woke up around 8:30, went for a swim, Junior brought the paper home from work so had a coffee, read the paper. Cooked bacon and eggs around 10:30, just had a swim and a zooper dooper, just picked out Moe quaddie, quick surf and race 1 not far away. Going ok so far.

You're a bit later than usual on SAfooty today Booney. Clearly not at the office. :lol:
by Pseudo
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Douglas Mawson wrote:SAPOL Patrol car parked out the front of the WV Pizza bar now.

Why, do they sell donuts too?
by Pseudo
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can also put your left nut on the fact Fairwork SA will be there first thing Monday morning asking to see the last three months payslips for all employees, BAS, Payroll tax payments, Work Health safety inspections and Superannuation payments too....

Based on what my missus had to put up with as the Admin manager for a hairdressing company in Adelaide which was all above board, this mob are going to need plenty of lube!

"Sorry, all our records were stored on premises, and they were destroyed in the fire..."
by Pseudo
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:A mate of mine was in Howard Springs
If the weather or boredom doesn’t get you, the cuisine will
This was his dinner one night

Actually looks better than anything my mate got at the Stamford.

Could be worse, they might have got catering from Woodville pizza...
by Pseudo
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, the guy caught lieing and causing the lockdown has been identified as being a spanish national.

Its now being investigated by "taskfprce protect"

Anyone else feel sapol missed a golden opportunity to name it the "spanish inquisition"??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Well I wouldn't have expected it, but then nobody does...
by Pseudo
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pure Ladder (tm) on standby.
by Pseudo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Looking at switching over to NBN at home, anyone recommend a provider that's reasonably priced and easy to deal with?

Dunno about price comparison, but Internode's customer service is the best I've had from any company anywhere.
by Pseudo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At this stage, the Crows will still be expected to pay their annual $440,000 licence fee to field a team in the SANFL, but this will be negotiated over summer, particularly as the SANFL salary cap has been slashed from $400,000 to $210,000 next season.

Um what? Why would the SANFL renegotiate?

(He says knowing full well the SANFL will gladly capitulate and drop their daks again for the AFL cancers.)

This is my biggest pet hate in high level management.

Why not just own the decision, come out and say the Crows fee will be negotiated to a lower fee due to the salary cap being decreased and the lost income they saw from last seasons AFL.

The public know what you are doing, just own it and at least hold some respect.

Perhaps the smears' fee could be negotiated upwards to compensate...
by Pseudo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, ****. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ******* dead, kiddo.

*guerilla
by Pseudo
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

I understand all that but the commentary is terrible.
I watch my team on DP quite often but I always have the sound on mute. I think that I am quite able to see what is happening without being told

Yeah I have started doing that as well.
I do the opposite with women's tennis; I find that the video distracts me from the grunting...
by Pseudo
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg 2021

The rumours are getting quite strong that the club will be searching for a new coach?

Anyone closer to the club hearing same,?
rumours are just rumours but the rumblings are out there,
I spoke to a club CEO the other day, had nothing nice to say at all,
spoke to an ex CDFC player who has connections with Glenelg via a relation of his, apparently not very well liked amongst the ranks. We will see.
"everything is fine". :P
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go to the No AFL in the SANFL thread mate, plenty of sour grapes in there.
Why drink sour grapes when you can drink THIS STUFF ...

The spelt whine wrong.

Missed opportunity to call it "Reserve grade" as well.
If they wanted to label it "whine" they'd have produced a bottle of port.
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:8 seconds it took this morning (I counted)

^ amusing when quoted out of context :D
by Pseudo
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crap christmas cracker cracks

Q: What do you give a man who has everything?
A: Antibiotics.

#-o
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

whybother wrote:And so ends an almost complete season: minor premiers, eventual GF premiers, equal leading goal scorer, mark of the year, Stanley H Lewis trophy, and Reserves premiers. Apart from a pesky virus, who could ask for more?

EFA ;)
by Pseudo
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Comic Sans MS font.

Yuck.
by Pseudo
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

amber_fluid wrote:Speaking of pale anyone tried the 440ml cans of coopers?
I’m not a fan of cans normally but the pale is quite good in a can.
The extra 65ml at no cost doesn’t hurt either.

No kidding? I just decided what I'll be picking up on the way home tonight.
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Following on from the impromptu "pale ale in a can" discussion which has sprung up on this thread .

So I grabbed a carton of the limited edition 440 ml Coopers pale cans on the way home. $54 at the local BWS, compared with $51 for the 375 ml cans. Not worth shopping around for the sake of three bucks.

Sucking down my third right now. It certainly has a metallic note to it, as does every beer drunk from a tin. It is unmistakably a Coopers pale, especially that strong characteristic aftertaste. Yet it does seem to lack a bit of body compared with the ale drunk from a glass stubby ( Spargo : echo). Don't know that I'll go for a fourth. I'd buy it again, if coopers persisted with the 440 ml can, if only for the novelty of a bit of extra beer per can.

I am now curious to see how the sparkling ale goes out of a can, rather than a bottle. I haven't been able to drink the sparkling in large quantities since I was in my 20s. Perhaps the cans will go down a little easier...
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One fn case and into lockdown, please, time to wake the **** up.

Sydney/NSW have handled this the best of every state, no panic, no desperation, just clam considered decisions to overcome the issues while keeping some semblance of normality.
Yeah, the NSW government has considered the nationwide effect of their actions. They've been anything but shellfish. It really warms the cockles to see how they've handled it.
by Pseudo
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

I'm going to book in to Tom's Court Hotel for a week.

Then I'm going on a tour of greater Melbourne. Might even spend a day in Geelong for good measure. I'll be leaving my contact details at every AFL club.

Expect another 8-team pure SANFL competition to be announced shortly thereafter. You're welcome.
by Pseudo
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Last season showed we dont need them

Good sample size you've used to support your argument.

By god you're right, we need more data! Better keep them out for another decade or two so we can collect a decent sample...
by Pseudo
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

This sh*t is getting out of hand,

Staff at Australian National University in Canberra have been asked by academics to stop using the word 'mother' and instead say 'gestational parent', alongside a list of other bizarre changes.

In a bid to introduce gender-inclusive teachings, ANU's Gender Institute Handbook also asked for fathers to be referred to as the 'non-birthing parent' and 'breastfeeding' to be replaced with 'chestfeeding'.

'Mother's milk' was also said to be replaced with 'human or parent milk'.
So "man milk" should also be labelled as such?
by Pseudo
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last season showed we dont need them

Good sample size you've used to support your argument.
By god you're right, we need more data! Better keep them out for another decade or two so we can collect a decent sample...

And break the contract? I don't think so.
They've broken it before; I'm sure they can break it again, especially for the sake of due diligence.
by Pseudo
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:They've broken it before; I'm sure they can break it again, especially for the sake of due diligence.

So long as our compensation is adequate I guess we could consider it.

Still waiting on the compensation for last year's breach. Tell you what, we'll consider it even.
by Pseudo
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Don't forget Chopin, Schubert & Beethoven!

You're sh!tting me, I thought Schubert played for North

...and the Bays had Holst.

I wonder if we could put together an all-star team of SANFL composers. Surely there has been a Glass or a Nyman in SANFL history?
by Pseudo
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't he a Bach-man? Sounds like his career un-Ravel-ed.
by Pseudo
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Power reserves wearing silver power guernsey not prison bars. R.I.P. prison bars. I don’t think their new SANFL guernseys have arrived yet. A lot of clubs having troubles with suppliers
Couldn't they just wear last year's guernseys? :lol: Different manufacturer this year I believe and I know some clubs have it in their apparel contracts that they can’t wear previous suppliers.
I reckon that one went over your head Jimbo...
by Pseudo
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Sucking back a Pirate Life lager can while I wait for the indian take-away. It's a bit on the plain side. Last week I tried a "Hughie" lager from somewhere in NSW, and that really hit the spot. Was just hoppy enough to have a bit of taste while being lager-y enough to toss down in quantity. The Pirate Life lager ain't bad, but I was hoping for a little more bite. Especially for the relative price.
by Pseudo
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

Pseudo wrote:The first game of a new SANFL season.

Dogs in an upset.

8)
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:I say all grades should be equal points. This will reflect the time and effort put into all comps, especially juniors.

Some merit to this. I note that womens and u16s would still count for less by virtue of having shorter seasons.
by Pseudo
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pure Ladder 2021

Welcome to the seventh year of occupation. With the powers that be ignoring the lessons of the previous season, viz. that a vibrant competition can be held between 8 sovereign teams without loss of interest, we are forced once again to turn to the Pure Ladder (tm) as the only fair measure between evenly matched SANFL teams.

Ladder to round 2:
.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
Glenelg......2...2...0....180....140....56.25
Norwood......1...1...0.....66.....45....59.46
South........1...1...0.....77.....66....53.85
Eagles.......2...1...0....156....139....52.88
Central......1...1...0.....99.....90....52.38
North........2...0...0....156....176....46.99
West.........1...0...0.....78.....89....46.71
Sturt........2...0...0.....93....160....36.76
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“While it was important to provide SANFL Clubs, players, coaches, umpires, volunteers and supporters with as much surety as possible to assist with planning, there was always a need to have flexibility around the rolling AFL fixture to accommodate SANFL broadcast games and maximise attendances,” Mr Duldig said.

The SANFL pays ch7 for coverage, yet has to reschedule its games so as not to upset ch7's AFL coverage.

Should have given coverage to ch9.
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure Ladder 2021

Ladder to round 3:
.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
Glenelg......3...3...0....256....182....58.45
North........3...1...0....267....195....57.79
South........1...1...0.....77.....66....53.85
Eagles.......2...1...0....156....139....52.88
Sturt........3...1...0....186....203....47.81
Central......2...1...0....141....166....45.93
Norwood......2...1...0.....85....156....35.27
West.........2...0...0....121....182....39.93
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |