Search found 951 matches

Return

Re: Round 18 Glenelg v South

blueandwhite wrote:It will be interesting to see what type of send off B. Gibbs gets from the Bay mob...
afterall they have been booing him everytime he went near the ball over the last 3 years.

Myself, I'll be applauding when he's chaired off afterwards.
by Pseudo
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I make a sustained effort to have the ugliest avatar on SAfooty, and then @Armchair expert trumps * me with his latest avatar.

* pun not intended!
by Pseudo
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2023

Who is your tip?
Give us your top 3

Who is top votegetter from your club?
I reckon Matt Allen will poll plenty.
Had a good start to the year and will be up there at the halfway mark of the count. Reckon he hit a plateau then; leaders from other teams might pull ahead in the second half of the count.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know how/why The Footy Jumper Book worth $90 got delivered to me today from The Sporting Nation.
Even checked my bank account and email receipts in case I bought it when drunk but nothing.
Nice book but....
:?

All members of the A - Team had it sent to them as a gift for services rendered to SA Footy?
I'm expecting/waiting for you clowns to get together a million or two for that!
Doesn't explain a $90 book though.
It's wasted on me, I struggle with the Budget and TV Guide!
In a previous life, teaching at a University, I occasionally had textbooks mailed to me. I figure that publishers scrape the University websites for courses that could use their books. Then they send samples of those books to the course convenors in the hope that they would be adopted as official textbooks, thereby securing the custom of dozens - or sometimes hundreds - of students.

So perhaps the publisher hopes that you will spruik the goodness of this book to the SAfooty population, driving up sales. It's already working as free advertising; I'd never heard of the book until now.
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Internode.

Apparently Internode (and iiNet, and TPG) is wrapping up its email service this year. Reading their website, current users can nominate to have their email migrated to a dedicated email company before a certain date, and keep the username@internode.on.net email address. This will be free for a year - and then it's going to cost. If you don't nominate by a certain time, then your email will be disabled, and deleted by November.

I heard about this by overhearing a conversation in the office. I received no email from internode, no letter, no SMS, no nothing about this. Nor did the guy I overheard; he heard about it from his parents.

The shitfulness of this is manifold:
- Internode is divesting a service but not decreasing its cost.
- Ultimately having to pay extra for email is untenable, particularly when there are plenty of free email services out there.
- Changing to a new email address is a right royal pain in the arse; I have numerous accounts registered with my Internode address (think utilities, superannuation, subscriptions ... pretty much everything) and now I have to change each and every one.
- I called Internode support to get info. The bloke I spoke to sounded like a Filipino. Clearly Internode has outsourced its tech support. Not a good thing. I'm still waiting for the info he promised to send.
- Most of all: if I hadn't eavedropped on a conversation at work, I'd be none the wiser, and some time in November my account would simply disappear in a puff of ethernet and I'd be rooted.

Rant over...
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to know how/why The Footy Jumper Book worth $90 got delivered to me today from The Sporting Nation.
Even checked my bank account and email receipts in case I bought it when drunk but nothing.
Nice book but....
:?
Mystery solved.
My daughter ordered it for me for Fathers Day but there was no note/card as it came direct from the publisher. :lol:
Be sure to post a review when you've had a flick through it. If it's any good then I might drop some hints for next year's Fathers Day. 8)
by Pseudo
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

"Spargo's at Prospect."

That's Anne's place, isn't it?
by Pseudo
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Beautiful spring weather. No afl games on. Perfect day for footy. Yet the SANFL chooses to schedule its finals on a Sunday, and father's day at that.

The SANFL must be an octopus; it never seems to run out of feet in which to shoot itself.
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 First Semi Final, Sturt v Central District

Half time, dogs by 3 pts. Entertaining game thus far.

P.S. Is it just me, or does anyone else think Aiden Grace is a dead ringer for '80s era Feargal Sharkey?
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL need a Glenelg vs Sturt Grand Final or it could be a very low crowd.

Very little support for the Cows at the Second Semi

Those two clubs will bring a decent crowd and it could be a double in the GF if the Double Blues get up in the Ressies as well.

Hoping its Sturt. Should be no AFL in the SANFL.

With the poor crowd on Sunday it does ask the question again why not home finals in the first two weeks.
90% of the Sturt & Central District supporters left after their match. Very empty stadium for the next game.

Look at WA decent crowds for their finals and played at home grounds.

Imagine the Bay, Elizabeth, Unley packed for home finals would give it more of a finals atmosphere.

Why do you think the ADFL have home finals. Great crowd's fantastic atmosphere.

i agree with the playing of minor finals on suburban ovals, this was mooted back in 2009 and one of the reasons for not doing it was lack of media facilites :shock:

however as you can see not many support the idea on here

I do. It was a bit soul-less at Adelaide Oval on Sunday. Much like a domestic limited overs game being played at the MCG or Adel Oval.

However, say the game was played at Glenelg on the weekend - would Glenelg be able to cater for 4 teams? The lights there are ordinary - if they were required.

Glenelg did cater for four teams on the weekend, hosting both of the reserves semi finals.

Nevertheless I'm against the idea of suburban finals. I think the grounds need to be neutral and accessible. Perhaps once Thebby is done up it might be suitable, but I'm all for finals at Adelaide Oval.
by Pseudo
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Was alerted to this by the great Bayman

First week of finals
CD beat PA by 7
AC beat ST by 7

Second week of finals
ST beat CD by 32
GL beat AC by 32

Just realised in the ressies last week,
GL beat ST by 12
WWT beat CD by 12
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Preliminary Final - Sturt v Crowserves

Thankyou Sturt, for rendering this year's grand final both meaningful and watchable.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Grand Final, Glenelg v Sturt

I would think Bays to comfortably win on Sunday, but being the minor premiers and/or having a bye the week before the GF has been a bit of a SANFL curse in the last decade.

Glenelg were expected to be the comfortable winners in 1975. But then, not-one expected Freddy Phillis to kick 0.6

And Bays fans would need no reminder about a couple of years back, following 17 minor round wins on the trot.

HEAD : "Bays by 20-30 points."

HEART : "Bays by plenty."

BOOKIES : "Bays $1.40"

HISTORY : "Hold my beer..."

No sane Bays fan would ever approach a grand final with complete confidence. Sturt fans would be rubbing their hands together knowing that their opponent on Sunday will be the biggest grand final schmucks in the history of the league.
by Pseudo
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Jimmy_041 wrote:Watching “Glenelg”
A film about an underperforming football club

@Jimmy_041 8)
by Pseudo
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that was enjoyable.

Spent the game in the sun in front of the scoreboard, which was wall to wall with (mostly) black and gold. Many familiar faces and a number of occasionals made for excellent camaraderie and atmosphere through the game.

Caught the second half of the reserves which was a cracker; could have gone either way. Took some last minute heroics by Cooper Beecken to clutch the win.

In the main game, Bays well on top for three quarters, without ever being able to put Sturt away. Thought the Blues would wilt in the final term but much to their credit they dug deep and dominated. Couldn't make the most of their chances though. Perhaps ironically it was when Frederick goaled that I thought the Bays were home ... Sturt had had a massive crack, but it had still taken them 9 minutes to score the first goal of the term. They were nearly spent and they weren't going to bridge the gap.

Two premiership wins, two goalless games for Liam McBean. Curious that Josh Hone couldn't kick a goal either. Both of 'em had their chances though I reckon McBean was better held by his opponents.

Might have given Jack Oatey to Gerloff myself, but Hosie's 6 goals makes him more than worthy. Kenneth, Jack, a premiership medallion AND the Coles Value Player Award (tm) - he'll be walking with a stoop, with all the weight around his neck.

Back to the hallowed ground for banter with many of the people that I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with during the season. Home with an armful of fresh merch. Wake this morning and make the daily constitutional walk sporting a new Tshirt, past the shop to grab a copy of the 'Tiser. Back to the clubrooms for lunch, where a number of the more rusted-on fans drifted in over the afternoon. Thomas was conspicuously absent, but the Reserves Cup (which doesn't have a name?) was there. Back home, I'm bushed. Still got to back up for the chimney tomorrow.

Kudos to Sturt for making a game out of it, for making it a victory worth having. Mattner's comments after the game were well made (though I had to watch the replay to hear them - couldn't hear jack on the hill).

Thanks also to the well wishers in this thread, and for the SAfooty folk in general, whose banter during the season helps to make the working week tolerable. How good is footy?
by Pseudo
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Wedgie wrote:
Pseudo wrote:The chimney being on my route to/from the office.

That'd should also give you the shits, shocking piece of road. I avoid it at all costs and live a 5 minute walk away.

It gave me the shits 2 years ago ;)
by Pseudo
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Happy 16th anniversary everbody of the greatest day of all time! :D

103 more years to go... ;)
by Pseudo
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 ROUNDS 1-2

What happened to this thread? :(

Fifty years ago today: 29/9/73.
by Pseudo
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 AFL GF

I think Meaty would have rendered a better national anthem than Ms Miller Heidke. What was with that orgasmic shriek at the end?
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 AFL GF

Glenelg AND Collingwood.

It is the year of the perennial underachiever.
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

StrayDog wrote:One other bloke, some squat, window licking Dunning-Kruger exemplar ....

I had to google that. :lol:
by Pseudo
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:A Saturday morning sleep in. Come at me.

Easier to do now that it's darker in the mornings...
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:No bbq at the voting booth

Use this website to determine your polling place:

https://democracysausage.org/
by Pseudo
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

One good thing about the referendum is that regardless of individual beliefs and regardless of the reult, it has brought certain issues into public consciousness and seen them discussed.

... and democracy sausages. Don't forget the democracy sausages.
by Pseudo
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One good thing about the referendum is that regardless of individual beliefs and regardless of the reult, it has brought certain issues into public consciousness and seen them discussed.

... and democracy sausages. Don't forget the democracy sausages.

I'm tired of your **** lies, cos I wanna lick the juices from between your thighs
You'll need to get me in the mood first....
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
southee wrote:Bryce Gibbs (South Adelaide) to Victor Harbour

Victor Harbor*

Following the steps of his old man

Only if he drops his dacks before kicking his 30th goal in a match....
by Pseudo
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
another grub wrote:wedgie cant tie his shoe laces without a beer

Actually it's just about the opposite way around, I struggle to tie my shoe laces these days because of beer! :lol:

Now got an image stuck in my head: Wedgie in Crocs :lol:
by Pseudo
Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Managing to injure myself twice in the space of a few hours at the Adelaide 500 yesterday

Managing to post about it twice too! :lol:
by Pseudo
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Channel 9 has just reported that port has applied to field its reserves in the VFL.

Fingers crossed....
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

gazzamagoo wrote:Not even Glenelg are that bad!

First time I've seen the words Glenelg and bad in the same sentence for quite a while. 8)
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw this pile of books in the bookshop in the Myer centre (Page and Turner?) a while ago.

Interesting juxtaposition of titles...

20230520_154611.jpg
by Pseudo
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lightning and thunder over Alberton at the moment

Well, they do shake down the thunder from the sky in that part of town.
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know places chucking pallets away? Always on the prowl for some.
Quite some months later ... I don't know if you still want any but I just walked past a joint at Gepps Cross with a stack of free pallets ot the front.

Turn right at the top of Prospect Rd, they're on the left before the next corner.
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's for lunch?

Lightning McQueen wrote:I got on with a chick when I was about 13 and she had been eating salt and vinegar chips……….I have never eaten them since

Crisps, or chicks?
by Pseudo
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have one. It works well on the floors it chooses to hoover before it heads back for a recharge. However until it learns to do the dusting first it will never replace a human.
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Sitting in the Victoria hotel as I type this. There is a ginger beer on tap in the dining room. "Brookvale Union" or some such. At $12.70 a pint, more expensive than every other drop on tap, I have no effing idea how it tastes and I have no intention of finding out.
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:Was just taking the piss, there's nothing going on. Got home from bowls last night and threw out some bait, was expecting an onslaught today seeing as most of you blokes seem to do faark all work on a Friday ;)

We're too busy discussing what the standard beer glass sizes should be called...
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was just taking the piss, there's nothing going on. Got home from bowls last night and threw out some bait, was expecting an onslaught today seeing as most of you blokes seem to do faark all work on a Friday ;)
We're too busy discussing what the standard beer glass sizes should be called...

Speaking of beer and calling, it's after 5 PM, and I can hear a beer calling now...
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Given the popularity of Squid Game we started Alice In Borderland last night .. Fell asleep at start of Ep. 2, but can't blame the show for that ... Yet.

Give it another ep or two and see how it looks, it's almost a cross between SG and Escape Room.

Bump.

I discovered this during the week and gave it a go. Just finished series 1.

Brilliant, if a little silly in parts.

Obvious Squid Game similarity, but also compares with movies Cube and the Hunger Games.

The series tied up well, and set up series 2.

I will be watching series 2 immediately. Apparently series 3 is on the way.
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Excise kills the small breweries, that is why they need to charge more than your mass produced beer. The government really need to look after them (wont happen though) as they are great tourist attractions, great for local communities and employ a lot of staff.

I reckon it's more simpler than that. It's a cycle, the hipsters who drove the industry are now drinking less as they age and the youth coming through are drinking Red Tins, Northerns and the like.
Oh the follies of youth...
by Pseudo
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A female secretary was helping her new boss set up his computer and asked him what word he would like to use as a password to log in with.
Wanting to embarrass his new secretary a bit and let her know where they stood, he smugly told her to enter ‘penis.’
Without blinking or saying a word, she entered the password.
She then almost died laughing at the computer’s response:
PASSWORD REJECTED.
NOT LONG ENOUGH!

I tried that at work, but the response was "must be at least 8 characters, contain a number and a symbol".

So now my password is 8======o
by Pseudo
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I consistently draw a dick on my ballot slip, does that makeme blindly loyal? :-?
by Pseudo
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

dedja wrote:How does one ‘come out’ as non-binary’?

427920706f7374696e6720696e2068657861646563696d616c2c206f6620636f757273652e2e2e
by Pseudo
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Trial Games

You might want to fact check all of that, MJP
I met Grundys mum years ago she told me
Stengel was in ports academy played every second week at the eagles I watched every game before he got drafted
Lucosus that was the rumour going around oval ave ( the oval that port people don’t show up for games to cheer on their seconds or rejects )
So what would you like me to check on haven’t seen Grundys mum in years
And Stengel played every second week before he was drafted to Richmond got cut picked up by the crows then cut

What else happened at Band camp?
He stuck a flute in his Pudney.
by Pseudo
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:You would be amazed on how many times every day people walk into their banks convinced that sending thousands to strangers will benefit them in some capacity.

Sending money to strangers through the bank? Bloody amateurs. I always pay my strangers with iTunes gift cards. :D
by Pseudo
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Given the VFL comp already has 14 AFL reserves sides, am I correct in saying the only thing needed for a national reserves comp is to add the other 4 reserves teams to that?

I.e., the only thing needed would be additional funds for the increased travel and accommodation requirements due to doubling the number of non-Victorian teams?

Correct.

They do have the question of what happens to the 7 independent clubs currently in the VFL.

I doubt killing them off is the answer
7 dinkum clubs?

Bring 'em into the SANFL :lol:
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL vs VFL Sat 6th April

Held at Glenelg no doubt for the convenience of the afl bigwigs staying at the Grand. :roll:
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 Norwood v Glenelg @ Norwood Fri 12/4 7:40 PM

20 seasons since Glenelg kicked the grand total of 1.4 in a night game at Norwood.

Memo to Norwood fans: this year the taunt is SIX. As in, "you've only won SIX flags!" Alles klar?
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

What is the shaded splodge in the middle of the Glenelg guernsey meant to be? Looks like the outline of a map, but it ain't Turkiye, so what is it?

(As for the poppies, I have always associated them with Flanders, not Gallipoli, but whatever)
by Pseudo
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |