Search found 353 matches

Return

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

if you steal a car, and then give it back to the owner, you are still charged with illegal use....

now that west supposedly have all the money back, whats stopping them going to the police now? personally it would be the first thing i would do after the cheque cleared.
by tipper
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Remember boys, it's all your fault!Image
by tipper
Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

More big picture thinking, the size of a postage stamp hey UK.

We can only imagine if Internet forums had been around in 1964.

"Two new teams? Oh my god, it'll wreak the competition. I hate change, it makes the sky fall in. That's it, no more membership for me, I'm not going!"

8)

i wouldnt have had the slightest problem if the sanfl introduced two new teams to the sanfl this season, i would have welcomed it, bringing the competition to an even 10 teams would have been good, i never liked the bye, just imagine two genuine teams fighting for a flag under the same rules as the rest of the teams. (and getting rid of the stillborn magpies in the process). why do simpletons always assume those against the afl reserves teams were against any change at all??

but the sanfl didnt invite two new teams to our league. they allowed two reserves sides from another competition to use the league as a play thing, to allegedly help them in a competition that has nothing to do anymore with our great league. all for a handfull of cash. shame :oops: they bent over and cried for the afl to see how far they could shove it in, and congratulated them on the result.

not that i expect you to understand beeny, you have shown repeatedly you dont give two **** for the league your beloved team helped shape. and when the afl sides **** of completely to their stand alone reserves comp (which is only a matter of time) ill not be sorry to see them go.
by tipper
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

for mine JTC, the pro/con list really needs to be divided up. one list from the sanfl perspective, the other from the Afl perspective. what one thinks is a positive could very well end up on the other sides negative list. it all depends on which perspective one is watching from.

if it was done that way i think you would find that the afl list would have more pro's than cons, and (imnsho) the sanfl list would have more cons than pro's. i can actually understand why the afl teams want to play their reserves in our league, the benefits to them are great. however i disagree that they should have been allowed to. the SANFL owe them nothing, and should have stood firm against their push. from where i stand the negatives for the sanfl were too great.

in the end though, the bigger, better resourced afl bullied the sanfl to get what they want. and good luck to them, it is after all in their best interests. it just shits me when people kid themselves that it is in the best interest of the sanfl as well..... :(
by tipper
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

ill watch a great game, spend less cash and get more hammered than if I was at prospect. Bohdan, once the people you have driven away fill their weekends with other things, and the novelty of reserves sides wares off, all you have tok look forward to will be an empty stand and a few geriatric haply clappers to blow smoke up your arse.

Enjoy
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by tipper
Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maddawg wrote:I thought that it was actually decided the zones were to be removed, but it could be reviewed and discussions held. Meaning the power would have to put up a good case to keep them.

lol, none of the rest of this **** has had a good case, why would they need one now??
by tipper
Thu May 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

but if you complain about it you just get labeled anti cyclists, or anti progress or something :roll:
by tipper
Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the council put in bike lanes where it is completely inappropriate

BUT

the council wont allow nurses/doctors and other hospital staff a street parking permit to park in and around north Adelaide for when there is an AFL match on.

lets make it hard for those people who serve the community so well to get to and from work.....

I would like to call the Adelaide City COuncil what Pyne called Shorten

they keep going on about discouraging vehicles from the city, and i do understand that, but before you completely **** it up for cars, give people a decent alternative first. fix the public transport system, then start reducing access for cars. as it is, they arent discouraging cars, they are just making people that drive them pissed off and resentful of those on bikes, and costing them a shit load of time each morning and evening
by tipper
Fri May 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

lol, why would you want to be shut in with that mob? i dare say he is in that bunker, and calmly telling his federal bretheren that its full ;)
by tipper
Mon May 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thats it, you just confirmed it, youre steven trigg...... ;) ;)
by tipper
Sun May 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

The footy is still there. The fact that you don't go is no fault but your own. Don't try to pass the blame for not going.

If you don't want to I that's a different matter but don't pretend it has disappeared

im not passing the blame, i am laying it squarely where it belongs, right at the feet of the club presidents that voted yes. and i think you will find, more and more people are starting to take the same stand.

crowds are plummeting arent they? if it wasnt for the artificial inflation of the first couple of weeks when the afl fans were curious, crowds would be significantly down this season. North has lost 4 memberships from my family alone. how many more will they have lost, and how many more will join next season?

all well and good Benny trying to tell us its "our fault", but if the clubs had not made this decision, we wouldnt have made ours. i think you need to sit back and re read some of your posts and realise you are not so much on the fence as you claim, you are firmly in the "for" camp....
by tipper
Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol, i told them at the "information night" and the president laughed in my face when i raised my concerns. he obviously doesnt want to listen to me, so ill not support his decision by supporting the club.

and just because it doesnt matter to you, doesnt mean it shouldnt matter to anyone else. one could also ask, if you believe "what does it matter", why you keep arguing for the inclusion of the reserves sides. trust me, you are well and truly for the idea, regardless of its detriment to the competition.

and id love to know how you think we should deal with the inclusion. several people have stated they hate it, and do not want to be seen to be supporting it, and think it is bad for the competition, but you then expect those same people to support it by attending? its a self fulfilling prophecy that the club presidents have caused. we warned them crowds would drop (cos we knew we wouldnt go) they didnt listen, so now we should just go anyway????? unlike Trigg and co, i dont make promises i wont keep, or make empty threats....

how else will the "powers that be" get the message? they ignored us when we raised our concerns with them before hand, even though so far it seems that all of the concerns are coming true. the only thing they listen to is the caching of the cash register. hit them where it hurts. attendencances dropping will quickly evaporate the $40k the crows are stumping up, and only maybe then will they start listening to reason. lets only hope it isnt too late. leave it too long and they will permanently lose those that are voting with their feet.....

some people choose to follow their club but not go to the "reserves" games. probably a reasonable compromise.

and i guess i better put my tin foil hat back on if you can read my thoughts

I dont need to read your thoughts. Your actions in constantly arguing for the reserves sides speaks far louder than words.

But wouldnt skipping the reserves games also be included in your self fulfiling prophecy? Its still non attendance, it still contributes to the crowd drop.

And compromise is just another word for getting screwed. I dont feel that just skipping the reserves games is reasonable at all. I personally felt that offering them a spot in the reserves of the sanfl was a reasonable compromise. But that wasnt good enough for your club.
by tipper
Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

FFS, some of us have principles.

I just wish I was as awesome as you constantly remind us you are.

That's me reminding you how awesome I am? I flattered Topsy, you spending time thinking of subliminal messages I may / may not be sending.

I've said it before, how people can just give their club and the competition away so easily is surprising. I know the competition is skewed, I know there's three sets of rules so sure, have less interest in the competition but I would have thought passionate club people would always remain that. Passionate about their club.

not sure where any of us have said it was easy.

and personally i have usually found in life that if it is a "big" decision, the right thing to do is very rarely the easiest thing to do. and i found it no different here. not that i am judging anyone elses decision, everyone has to make up their own minds, as i have mine.

i actually want to still support north, and i take an interest in the scores each weekend. its why i keep posting on the topic. as others have said, if my concerns had been addressed, i might have taken a different view, but they werent, in fact the north adelaide president laughed in my face. he has well and truly hitched his wagon to the reserves sides, and actually said that if it didnt work, rather than vote them out, the club would fold.......

i want to see the SANFL survive and continue. it will just be doing it without me and mine while the reserves sides reduces the competition to a farce.
by tipper
Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not going to happen. AFL clubs are not going to agree to revert back to a system where their players are split among other clubs, not necessarily played in the positions the AFL clubs want etc. What you are proposing is basically a shift back to the previous system, which I know would suit the majority of posters on this whinge thread , but it's just not going to happen. Tinkering around the edges of the new system is about the best you will get I suspect.

As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!

jesus H ******* christ.... the bit i bolded above is so far off base i wonder if you have actually read and understood any of the posters that are against the reserves sides... is english your second language? (or fifth??)

apart from apache's suggestion (which i disagree with) i havent seen anywhere that anyone has said we should revert back. what you afl bootlickers fail to understand yet again, the "whingers" as you so like to call us, werent against change at all, we were against this change. take the reserves sides and **** them off elsewhere. where to? i couldnt give a flying rats tossbag. i just dont want them in the sanfl.

they shouldnt be in our league, never should have even been considered. i may have been sympathetic to them if they wanted to join the sanfl reserves, but i didnt like that idea either, i could however see more merit in it that having them in the league. too late for that now, and it wasnt good enough for the fruit tingles anyway.

i dont want north to have afl rejects changing our side week to week. i am happy they are gone, and as i see it, so far it is the only benefit of the reserves sides. however we still would have had that benefit if they went off to the amateurs, so moot point.

agree that the situation will never revert to what it was, but that is a good thing, i and many other "whingers" dont want it to. my only hope is that the reserves sides are voted out and this abortion in a bucket that the league has become can be put out of its misery. i dont reckon it will happen though, the people who get to make the decisions dont have the intestinal fortitude to stand up when it matters, but hey, a bloke can dream cant he?
by tipper
Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Worst thing is when you suspect something is up, ask them and they reply nothing.. then you know something is up and you are screwed - ignore them like something isnt wrong and you're in trouble, hassle them to find out what is wrong and you're in trouble :lol:

Can't bloody win! :lol:

nah, you just have to follow up the "nothing is wrong" the way i do.

"ok, so when you eventually come to me and tell me whats wrong, dont get all pissy cos i have ignored the problem. if you tell me nothing is wrong ill act like nothing is wrong, aslo, dont go moping about the place as if something is wrong if it isnt......"

on a somewhat related topic, i like sleeping on the couch.... its just like camping ;)
by tipper
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, I agree! Women are hideous. I do it as well. It doesn't mean I'm fine, it means Mr McSpaz is f***ed. He doesn't let me get away with it any more though - if anything's wrong, he won't drop the subject until I spell it out. Which defeats the purpose, cos the whole point is to get them to work it out for themselves. :?
Good on him haha!

Fair enough if you know your partner well enough you can work it out but men get times where the issue is just complicated to work out for themselves and it's almost like they're expected to read the woman's mind and know what's going on in there, no matter how complicated it may be. Got that with my ex and it's the reason she is my ex lol.

I don't reckon I've ever done it for anything complicated - I can't actually think of anything complicated, most of my issues are pretty straightforward. The ONE thing, and I mean the one thing that I've said 'I'm fine' for when I wasn't, in the last 2-3 years, was that I used to get upset that MM never went out of his way to do anything romantic for me. I accept that he's not that sort of person but I also reckon that people should make an effort occasionally, it's not too much to ask. I'm not a high maintenance person or anything, I was just sad that in nearly 8 years he'd never brought me flowers once. Even if they'd been picked off a stobie pole I wouldn't have minded, I just wanted the idea to occur to him. But it didn't and I couldn't come out and just say it, so I did the 'I'm fine' bulls*** and of course I ended up having to spell it out. :?

not saying your like this fisho, but sometimes blokes cant win.

im not particularly romantic either, but years ago i was meeting the wife at her work on a friday, and i happened to be walking through the mall on the way, so i bought her a bunch of flowers, just because. got to her work and got the admin girls to call her to the front so i could give them to her, and her immediate response? "what have you done wrong??" ..... told her then and there its the last time i ever buy her flowers if thats the reponse i get, and ive stuck to it.

dont buy flowers "you never show me affection".... do buy flowers "what have you done wrong?"..... bugger it, ill just spend it on beer instead :evil:
by tipper
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Must take ages for some of you to type out those posts.

Beating yourself with one hand, typing with the other...... :lol: :lol:

It's good that you've all moved on though, not dwelling on it too much.

nah mate, its like anything, the more you practice the easier it gets..... :oops:
by tipper
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Just listened to the interview. Apparently as the players were coming off the ground they copped some abuse and someone threw their membership at them. They were also told they weren't wanted in the North Adelaide Clubrooms after the game by officials.

It was quite a sook from Tex. They are not happy with the abuse they are receiving at all grounds.

thing that got me was his line "they voted us in...." no we ******* didnt you weak prick. sooking over something that happened and he wasnt even there. just shows the lack of understanding even at that level. the supporters at north (and pretty much every other club) had absolutely no say in voting you in. we have every right to display our displeasure at your presence in our league, as it is completely opposite to our wishes.

go home and cuddle up to your massive pay check to make you feel better about ******* over our league you ignorant ****. kinda makes me wish i was there to join in, i havent given a good spray in far too long. whoever it was at prospect on the weekend, good work. i hope the North higher ups noted the displeasure also.
by tipper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

go home and cuddle up to your massive pay check to make you feel better about ******* over our league you ignorant ****.

Love the Passion in your language :D
Hope they get it EVERY week for the remainder of the season 8)

lol, personally im not impressed with my language, i should have spent more time coming up with something more creative than just swearing. there are so many good insults that just dont get used anymore in favour of an easy **** or ****..... that and the fact that if i used some great insults from years gone by i would also get the satisfaction of seeing these footy players not having a clue what i just called them ;), but alas, haste got the better of me
by tipper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Therefore at 6am this morning when I turned the back light on......

you were out the back collecting the said infinite pieces of stuffing throughout your 300+sqm of backyard, trying not to step in doggy poo

Nope.....Mrs.Boon is home sick, has been for a few days, I suggested some fresh air this morning while collecting aforementioned stuffing will be beneficial.....just as I closed the front door.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so the next dog bed will be for the boonster??
by tipper
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
heater31 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:can't believe there isn't a age limit on facebook

There is but you can easily lie about your age on there....

Like half the freaks online do.

the internet. where men are little kids, women are men, and kids are undercover FBI agents.....
by tipper
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

or any mention of the adelaide oval stadium deal. how much do they go on about not liking that??

in the words of tex walker. your club voted to accept the stadium deal. about time you got over it.....
by tipper
Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:For how long have you been employed in the confectionery industry?

28kg's. :oops:

if thats the criteria, may i forward my resume??
by tipper
Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

the way i look at it is, we live in a democracy. currently there is a significant portion of the population that believes gay marriage should be legalized (as do i)

for those worried about the "slippery slope", when a significant portion of the community believe that bestiality, polygamy or marrying inanimate objects should be allowed, then we can have that debate. personally i dont see that happening any time soon.....

and thanks all for the laughs.
by tipper
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Sure does. For the afl clubs to claim they want more money when they have had record crowds staggers me. They should be rolling in it shouldn't they?

but the afl clubs signed up to the deal, they agreed to it. sure it hasnt been great for them, but it has been an improvement, and as they agreed to the terms before the move how can they now be putting the blame on the sanfl/sma for their returns being poorer than they expected. surely it was up to them to do their due diligence before commiting to such a huge change.......
by tipper
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

All roads are 50km unless otherwise signposted
Yes I have not got a toenail to stand on , Im guilty
However
The processing of fines and the road law is now become my grievance

I try and drive at 60kms at all times in zones that are 60km zones
At times by doing this , I get tailgated , I have cars swerving around me
I have cars cutting me off
All this for acknowledging a speed limit

I've been driving since a Norwood Premiership year in the 1970s
Old habits die hard
I've driven up roads like Shepherdson Road Parafield Gardens, Woodville Road Woodville for decades
I have a problem that without a level of concentration I drive at the previous limits of 60 and not 50 on those roads

I have 2 issues I would liked clarified by the speed setting peoples

Why are Shepherdson Road and Woodville Road 50km zones and Main North Road Gepps Cross and Marion Road Parkholme not ?
I assume a reduction from 60 to 50 would be for road safety reasons , less speed = less crashes ?
If so ALL roads should be 50km , not isolated ones here and there

I was sent an infringement notice stating
I was speeding
I have to pay a fine
I have lost demerit points
BUT
Nowhere in this correspondence was there a notice of my problems driving in 50k zones
Drunks, Gamblers, Alcoholics get counselling with the various Anonymous groups etc
Should I be singled out and be made aware there is a Speeding Anonymous , or a driving educational thingamajib ?
Should I be made to re sit my drivers test , and be made to do a practical driving test as well ?

The only thing that seems apparent
Is revenue raising

well to start with Sheperdson road is lined with houses, and has two schools on it, plenty of chance for pedestrians/kids to be on or near the road...

dont know woodville road so cant comment.

aslo, as an aside, you did not lose demerit points. you gained them. everyone starts on ZERO demerit points. ZERO good, TWELVE bad. i have actually seen one driver rack up over twenty demerit points before the system generated his disqualification notice. twelve points means a three month disqual, for every three points above twelve the disqual is increased by a month, so the "gentleman" i saw with over 20 got a nice 6+ months vacation from driving.

and for anyone curious about how many demerit points you have, go to the following link: https://account.ezyreg.sa.gov.au/welcome.htm
create an account, identify yourself and you can check your demerit points at any time.
by tipper
Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

also, free speech doesnt exist on internet forums. if you break the rules set down by the owners/admin, then bye bye. it is the same with all of the forums i visit. they are provided by an individual or group of individuals, and as such, they set the rules. if you are deemed to have broken them, you lose your privilege to post.

if you are unhappy with the rules here on safooty.net, go start your own forum and say what you like.
by tipper
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things I learn from press releases

We need to pray for Ian Thorpe:

Monogamy and fidelity are the exception rather than the norm in any sexual relationship.

fixed that for them.

what world are these people living in? all of a sudden it is only homosexual people that have multiple partners or cheat on their current one??

hang on, different tack. if we allow "gays" to marry that will solve this infidelity issue they suffer. it is obviously because they cant marry that they have multiple partners..... seeing as marriage is such a sacred right, no one would ever cheat on their legally married partner would they? :roll:
by tipper
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBN Hypocracy

htey have revamped the NBN webiste. that counts for something doesnt it?? :oops:
by tipper
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Malaysian Airlines tragedy over Ukraine!!!

bennymacca wrote:crap i accidentally liked dog_ger's post above and now he has a single like.

:(

Someone had to be the first.....
by tipper
Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Speaking of baby's and please be honest does anyone have an issue with baby's at the football?

On the weekend this women (although that's subject to proof) in the Collingwood crowd carried on cause we had our 3+1/2 week daughter there saying it was no place for a baby.

Well she's still breast feeding, she had a single on then a size 00 jump suit on with a size 1 rabbit suit over the top of that with a hood on and over the hood ear muffs with 2 Blankets. She slept the whole time and didn't make a noise after a heap of beers if I heard her say it well it would've ended a lot different hence my mrs not telling me till the next day.

For the record my daughter has now been to 3 games nearly averaging one a week for her life time lol ;)

Port v Melb, Cats v Roos and Port v Collingwood

Does anyone think the Neanderthal is right? I dont see an issue with it but I may be wrong wouldn't be the first time defiantly won't be the last.

the neanderthal is wrong. i have been taking my kids to the footy since a similar age mate, in fact i think my oldest even was out at peake to see you run around at similar age.

i even took the boy to the pub for friday lunch with my mates when he was 5 days old. turned out to be a good move cos the barmaid gave us a free round ;) he doesnt drink like me though, he passed out asleep after only one bottle :lol:

as others have said, the call is up to the parents, and obviously as there were no issues, you got it right.
by tipper
Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:It's cool when you're part of a crowd.

when do we build a double decker couch to watch the coverage on 7Mate??
by tipper
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

It's a good story indeed, but our generation ( I'm assuming you're in your 30's ) might be about the last to experience that.

I grew up in Brooklyn Park, followed Port, my best mate from Lockleys was Glenelg, the third of our group was Norwood. All living in the Westies area.

With families more inclined to move for work and economic reasons ( where they can afford to buy / rent ) and kids likely to follow their Dad/Grand Dad's team the days of living in the area of the team you support is less likely to occur.

Couple that with SANFL clubs spending less time in schools than they did in our day ( remember pie and pasty nights? ) and where your zone is will become less and less relevant to who supports you.

I don't expect kids from North Haven to become Woodville-Port Adelaide-Le Fevre-North West Suburbs Eagles supporters over night.

hate to say it, but i agree with the Boonster..... (i feel so dirty ;))

i am mid thirties, and until i looked it up when we had a boy two years ago, i didnt even realise that i lived in Noth Adelaides Zone :shock:

i have spent the majority of my life living in "other" clubs zones, yet i am still a lifelong North supporter (even if i no longer attend games). luckily for me i was a shit footballer and never got the opportunity to be asked to wear the prison bars, nor was i tough enough to be a dog ;) we have only been in this suburb for the last 6 years or so since i got married, and the sanfl zone wasnt even considered when we were house shopping

i think Zones havent meant a lot for a while, and it is just a few people that remember the "good old days" that are clinging onto it. nothing wrong with remembering the past, but i dont think kids today really care who they are playing for, they are just striving for the best level they can. and no offence intended to those unhappy with these changes. not saying you are wrong at all (im actually jealous that you had that much of a connection to your clubs)

personal opinion but it is probably part of the general shift away from loyalty in the game as a whole. it seems that more players are moving between clubs more often, at all levels. it is rare to see an individual play hundreds of games with the one club. and it works both ways too, clubs are less loyal to the players than ever before (moreso at the highest levels), the game is now a business.

not saying any of that is a good or bad thing, it just is. this changing of the club boundaries, while a more dramatic change than ever before, has been happening for a while, and will continue to happen into the future. by the time my boy is old enough to be considered for high level footy we may very well be in a different clubs zone altogether (or more likely he will be shit like his old man), either way, if he plays for someone in the aflsa* competition in future, ill still go watch him, all the while wearing my North gear

*i dont believe that by the time this occurs there will be any memories of the sanfl, apart from us old fat bastards on the sidelines whingeing about how much better it used to be.
by tipper
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

all the sides had the same conflicts though. every side had afl players coming in and out. everyone had the same advantage/disadvantage potential.

this is a massive step making the situation worse for every club. if the reserves sides were elsewhere (and frankly i couldnt care where they went, as long as it was away) the sanfl sides still get the benefit of not having the disruption of afl players, and also get the benefit of not having a compromised comp.

the ressies sides are a monstrously different situation to just introducing a new team or two. surely you can see that they are in no way the same
by tipper
Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

one thing i think the "pro" debate has overlooked, is that interest in the Crows ressies does not automatically translate into interest in the SANFL itself.

unless someone can show that there is a direct link between interest in the crows reserves and benefits to the sanfl clubs i think the above attendance figures are meaningless.

crows members do not contribute in any way to gate takings. i have no idea on their impact on canteen and bar takings. someone more in the know might be able to help there (it has been suggested that even though crowds for crows games are ok, canteen takings are well down). membership seems to be down at most clubs, by hundreds of supporters.

overall crowds do seem to be up this season, however 2013 was a record low season average was it not? not sure it is really a valid comparison when put up next to the low tide mark.... also, as mentioned by Whufc, first year there is certainly a novelty factor. the crows crowds seem to be dropping off dramatically as the season progresses.

round one, prospect crowd of 4015 (according to the post match thread on here, it has mysteriously changed to 4250 in the crows press release...........). fast forward to round 11 prospect. both sides in contention for top 5, North fans may have expected a win due to the flogging we handed out earlier, crowd of 2589 (game was on tv but not sure that can account for between 1500 to 1700 people not turning up, depending on whose numbers you use)

if that trend continues what will the crowds be this time next season? and even if the crowds dont drop any further, what benefit to North Adelaide if a significant number in the crowd dont contribute in any way to the gate takings or canteen/bar revenue?
by tipper
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep of course there are things that could do that.

But the addition of a few teams for the comp is not on that list

you really think that the resistance to the reserves sides is due to 'the addition of a few new teams for the comp"?.... if so you have completely missed every point ever made against the concept.

i would have had no problem whatsoever if the sanfl wanted to admit another TEAM to the comp to bring it to an even number of ten. put a new side in the hills, make it a country rep side, hell, even admit a team from the territory, i couldnt care less where they came from as long as they had the same playing field as the rest of us.

these "new teams" as you call them are not teams. they are reserves sides from another competition. they have no business being in the sanfl league competition. they have different rules to the rest of the sides, and different priorities. they should never have been admitted.
by tipper
Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

thats my point mate, i dont think i can.

and i know the quote, hence why i also asked what we had done to deserve them
by tipper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

good old dihydrogen monoxide. it kills 100% of people who ingest it...

Have a read of the links about amalgams benny and you might want to pull the foot (and your fillings) out of your mouth.
Gee, I even went out of my way to post them so you didn't have to do some research

And Pyne is no mate of mine

and Jimmy/Quarterman, you forget you were loged into an alt account?
by tipper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

have to admit, i think im hooked on the tweets too. not that im barracking for one side or the other, but its like watching a train wreck in slo mo

Benny, on the News.com.au site they have a "live" stream of tweets on their article, seems to be updating pretty regularly (im not actually on twitter but im sure there are other sources too) looks like they have broken for lunch so there wont be any for an hour or so i think.

loved the halftime supercoach score update :lol:

edit: linky: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-and-former-asada-boss-aurora-andruska-to-give-evidence-as-day-2-of-essendonasada-hearing-begins/story-fndv8gad-1227021368805
by tipper
Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

to be honest, if it was done as an experiment i can live with it. but it obviously hasnt worked. first season of the "new" grand final date and it is a shambles. the SANFL should man up, admit the mistake and announce that the grand final will revert next season.

ill actually applaud them if they take that stance, sometimes these things need to be tried. but i wont be holding my breath, it will upset the reserves sides too much, be stuffed what the rest of the league thinks

bugger the reserve sides, they can use their top up players if they are still alive and the AFL listed players need to go on holidays

i agree with you MT, i just dont think that will be the outcome :(
by tipper
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

should be two weeks later. the sanfl grand final should never have been moved away from the week after the afl grand final.
by tipper
Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL - New Marketing/Image

Rising Power wrote:The SACA probably paid some idiot $100K to make that change.

not sure id personally class them as an idiot if they can manage to make so much cash for something so simple.....
by tipper
Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Kate Collins looks mighty nice tonight.

Junior Boon called me in from outside to see this. I'm glad he did.

thats a good kid you got there Booney
by tipper
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Funny how the 'negative' 'vocal minority' continue to be proven right about the whole AFL in SANFL debacle

You rang darling?

Seriously is anyone that surprised? We all knew the comp was **** and the Magpies were ****, do Hocking's comments really change anyone's mind on this?

wont change most of our minds on here, but maybe, just maybe, some of the people sprouting how good this is for the comp might start to see the light.

not holding my breath though
by tipper
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Nitpicking like this makes us, who believe this is a bad decision, look stupid.

fair point :oops: but i dont see what the article (whatever it is on about) has to do with the reserves sides anyway. id argue i was nitpicking a completely separate topic ;)
by tipper
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

so, with the novelty factor of the reserves sides this season and the crows members getting free entry(and i am perfectly happy to leave in numbers for all of the "exceptional" games, they need the boost), crowd attendances are only just above the average of last season.....which was an historical low figure.... and in fact are only higher than two seasons going all the way back to 1997 (great work on hte numbers Spelly) and yet it is the "No AFL" posters that are distorting the numbers :lol: :lol: :lol:

who is cherry picking again?
by tipper
Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:Does anyone else have a work colleague in a right ******* shit of a mood today?

Push hard enough.....I'll push back. ****.

make sure someone films it for our entertainment please :)
by tipper
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats the million dollar question mate .. I would imagine all clubs are trying to decrease costs and improve revenue, although most if not all, spend close to the max allowable on players and footy department because they consider an onfield slide as too dangerous. Catch 22 situation stopping many clubs from tightening their belts as much as they could/should. Traditional Income streams like membership and attendance aren't going to swing around massively enough to get clubs out of the poo one wouldn't think . It would need to come via some form of commercial investment which obviously brings its own risks. Very tough climate for SANFL clubs.

They were warned!
They only have themselves to blame - allowing Cows Members free access to games was a shocking decision, no revenue in that!
As for the Memberships - traditional supporters & members have spoken with their feet.

I remain astounded at the 'bloodymindedness' of the CEOs.
Slaven's arrogance was (I assume) indicative of their belief that the Reserves Teams was beneficial.
Now they are stuck between a rock & a hard place.

you forgot to insert the standard "but crowds are up this year" despite being lower than all but two seasons for the last 20 years.....
by tipper
Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be interesting to see how much the Crows are charged to train at AAMI and have their offices/gym etc based there. One would think now they are no longer incorporated with the SANFL they should be paying top dollar. Something that size should attract a fair ammount of coin id think.

Zero. It is absolutely zero.

lets see, it seems to be the day for regurgitating the "oppositions" catch cry today so Booney if you please...

"I'd like to see evidence of this. Thanks in advance"....

and it is true, may i ask the sanfl WHY?????
by tipper
Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |