Search found 353 matches

Return

Re: Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

For the people who oppose It, i am still waiting for one of them to give me a valid reason how two gay people marrying affects them?

Agreed, and equally I haven't seen a good reason why it should be changed to allow them to get married.

For mine, there is the 10% that really wants it ('the gay community'), the 10% who don't want it ('the church'), and then an 80% sitting in the middle who ultimately don't really care.

That 80% then fall into either:
a yes vote - under the premise of: it doesn't hurt me, so why not, or
a no vote - under the premise of: why fix what isn't broken.

Its a really emotive topic, but unfortunately it seems its hard to have a genuine discussion on the matter without being labeled as either a fag or a bigot.

If 'the gay community' came out with a clear an concise set of tangible benefits of allowing SSM, I recon they'd go a fair way to getting the yes vote over the line.

ill give you a good reason. it is discriminatory not to. simple.
by tipper
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy's right, the plebiscite was liberal policy at the last election, so fair enough that as the party in power they sought to implement it. The reason its not going ahead is the senate, and the reason that's a cluster **** is Turnbull made a miscalculation and called the election at the wrong time. With a majority in both houses, and bada-bing, you get your plebiscite (for better or worse).

The good thing is Bovver Boy Bill will have to deal with the same problem when he gets into power
Watch him moan and scream when he doesn't get his way after he's done everything he can to **** the country to achieve personal glory

wait, are you describing Bill or Tony??
by tipper
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Can this current government get any worse ?

The antics of Bishop yesterday where a disgrace and the return fire from Tony Burke gold. You can't just have a go at the government here. Bloody hell Labour have been pretty piss poor with their own behavior as well on this issue.

So old mate Barnaby is a kiwi, we all knew he was a bit off. But still we have homeless people in the streets, a drug epidemic (e.g ice), power issues which have turned into a crisis, children still getting abused, manufacturing going to crap, massive debt, we are all fricken fat as crap and lazy and our schools are shithouse to name a few of our actual problems.

So when I say who gives a shit, what I mean is lets all get on with sorting out the actual problems.

but is it any wonder that they cant sort out any actual problems when so many of them (from several different parties) cant work out if they were even eligible to stand to be elected in the first place?

i mean, its a pretty black an white rule. surely it shouldnt be that hard for prospective candidates to do a tiny bit of digging into their own family tree ffs. ask mum and dad if they were born here, and if htey were born here. and if not, a quick google of their birth countrys rules on citizenship should show them if they need to renounce anything or not. and yet there have been how many now shown to have not even done a cursory check?

Jesus, its like they dont even pretend to follow the rules........
by tipper
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The banks in cohort with the chamber of commerce advertising campaign !! cry me a river you ******* dogs ! :butthead:

Don't you know that business confidence in SA has dropped 40% because the gov want to introduce a tax on the banks? That isn't even passed yet? :roll: :lol:

It's dropped to MINUS 40%! :lol:

is it just me, or are they using a double negative in the add? Business pessimism has dropped to minus 40%..... so has it become optimism??
by tipper
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well the public postal vote is going ahead. good to see i have already received a leaflett in the mail telling me why i must vote no, with three reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with marriage, and everything to do with homophobia..... and no ones name on it for me to contact to politely ask that they not pollute my letterbox with trash :(

yay for wasting $122 million dollars just to get the polititians to do their job.
by tipper
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol. i know a few people who are staunchly on the no side, and when i have tried to have a discussion with them, all they can come up with is:

every society in history has fallen because of lowering moral standards (apparently the roman empire fell becuase they started to allow homosexuals, nothing to do with the rampaging barbarians.....really? society will fall because of this? hasnt happened anywhere else that it has been brought in.....)

marriage is a contract between a man and a woman and god (yet they go strangely quiet when i point out that you can get married without any mention of god, but cant get married without the permission of the state government)

marriage is about raising children (which is just not true, otherwise infertile people, or those that dont want kids couldnt marry, and people would be prevented from having kids out of wedlock, and then where would centrals get all their supporters?? i kid i kid)

kids should be raised by a man and a woman (see above, ssm will have no impact on the number of ss couples that are raising, or will raise kids. they can now, they will still be able to in future. its irrelevant to marriage and a completely seperate argument, that they have apparently already lost)

but people are worried that males will be able to go into female toilets (what? what does that have to do with marriage? seriously, id like someone to explain that to me?)

but free speech (well, yes, you have a right to say that stuff, but it doesnt make it right, and by that same free speech, i have a right to point that out, and that you are trying to perpetuate discrimination. that isnt me trying to silence you, by claiming i cant speak out against you that is more akin to you trying to silence my free speech.....)

and the good one, its against god. (well why should my life be ruled by your god, that i dont worship, and dont believe in? by all means, you follow the teachings, but dont expect others to. see, i didnt even call god an imaginary friend.....)

every point they raise can be countered by reason, and logic, but they still hold their views. all of their reasons against it, have nothing to do with marriage, and are just excuses. hell, id have a lot more respect for their position if they just came out and admitted that it makes them uncomfortable, and they believe homosexuality is wrong instead of obfuscating with a whole heap of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with marriage. and everything to do with continuing to discriminate against a section of the population.

i wont even get started on the bullshit flyers that have been appearing in letterboxes with even more irrelevant claims to vote against it. the above has just been from conversations with people, face to face. how can you have a reasoned and logical discussion with people that cant even stay on the topic, and just bring in stuff that has nothing to do with marriage at all, but keep insisting that it is?
by tipper
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My mum is voting no as a Christian. If they called is something other than 'marriage' she would have voted yes but the bible defines 'marriage' as between a woman and man.
I wonder how many other 'yes' votes they could get from the Christians if they call it something different than marriage but with the same rights as marriage?

why should a definition, from a book i dont read, from a religeon i dont follow, determine anything at all that i do?

at least with this i can actually understand their reasoning (even though i strongly disagree), and good on her for sticking to her beliefs. what i cant understand, is why anyone wants to force their beliefs on others. if you believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, great. dont marry someone of the same sex. why should that stop me marrying a bloke if i choose to do so? it has no affect on her whatsoever, yet she is actively trying to prevent me from doing so, by voting against it.
by tipper
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

That's fine, Booney. I have nothing against Power squad members playing for Port, I just know that they see themselves as Power players, not Magpies. Any sensible person would. Ask any one of them. I would be very surprised if they didn't say they belong to the Power before they would say they belong to the Magpies.
Cheers

I think you'll find they see themselves as Port Adelaide footballers, but hey ho.

yes! And they're playing in the SANFL for the sole reason to get a game in the Power side. They know they play for the power reserves. A pig with lipstick on is still a pig

yeah, but they assumed that like true aussies, after a few beers, and seeing no other options, we would still cuddle up to it by the end of the night.
by tipper
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your vote

it already has though - you can get married in a civil ceremony without the church anywhere near it

But can a gay couple get married in a civil ceremony?

Will passing a "yes" vote and making it legal for gays to marry force churches to allow them to marry in a church? Or can churches reject them?

Churches will be under no obligation to marry same sex couples.

This is my point.
Like HH3 said, campaign for the right for 'civil union', not marriage. Like it or not, 'marriage' is a religious act.

no it isnt. im married and i dont believe in god, and we werent anywhere near a church.

opposite sex couples can get married without any mention of God, but just try doing it without the permission of the government

edited to add: the argument about marriage being a religious act was lost decades ago (was it the 60's??) when the churches allowed the government in on the act. since then, it has been a contract between two people and the government, nothing more. some couples like to dress it up with religious symbolism, others dont, and neither is wrong.

if we had to have a churches permission to marry, it would be a valid point. but again, that point was conceded decades ago
by tipper
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's another point I've tried to make before. If it's so important to be legally the same, why not campaign for "civil unions (or whatever you want to call them) besides "marriage".

That'd be a much quicker, easier process. With a lot less opposition.

it wouldnt be actually. amending the current act, is simple. just change the wording back to what it was before Johnny howard changed it. job done.

intorducing a completely new piece of legislation would be much more difficult. that and it would still be treating same sex couples "differently" as they had to have their own legislation, not the same legislation as everyone else
by tipper
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

None came up when i googled, i know that lot from the first ad were threatened though. But your post suggested that something had actually been torched, but it was all talk? No different to the one i did find then, just from the other side.

Both sides are as bad as each other then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
by tipper
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Long weekends with great friends and family in Port Vincent. Come at me.

similar for us but we are heading out with the camper trailers to the flinders. and wont be coming back for a week.

although its been ages since we have had a beach getaway.... that might just have to be our next destination.

tipper

Was in Quorn 3 weeks ago mate and went up to Hawker and back to the Cradock pub for a couple.

Notes - Kangaroos and Emu's absolutely everywhere. Thick as buggery especially the emu's. Saw two of the biggest brown's I've ever seen, one was slithering across the Hawker Road and was 3ft either side of the white line while curling along, must have been 8ft plus.

we will be just south of hawker, camping on private property. havent been into the cradock pub, ill see if we can make time for a visit :) but we will be dining at the old ghan restaurant in hawker saturday night. its worth it there if you are back that way again. run by an alcoholic bloke who abuses all of the customers, its actually quite entertaining :lol:

and thanks for the notes on the wildlife. we always see the coat of arms when up that way, and quite often in numbers, but im yet to see snakes thankfully. ill certainly keep my eye out and have something on hand to deal with any scaly visitors. really not keen to share our campsite with them. beautiful reptiles, but im happy seeing them at the zoo

really hanging out to get away now. how am i supposed to get anything done now that im dreaming of camping??
by tipper
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pics of our "taj mahal" and wrangler taken just outside of blanchetown. Sadly we wont have as much booze with us as skeffs taj, but ill go close. :)

Between the two we should have a good few days https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/ab7d60f86e9c0519ccc46bcffdeb5881.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/5920f809cf69e5c3ae98dcdecf7bb6c8.jpg

by tipper
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone knows the laws around bike rack number plates.
I know I need a number plate for the bike rack that I have on my car and have just ordered one.
It's going to take 10 working days though.

I'm assuming it's illegal to take the number plate off the back of the car to put on the bike rack in the meantime?

I can't find anything on the department of transport website that's says it is or isn't illegal?

Anyone actually know?
Will you be driving at night with the bike rack on?

its not illegal to borrow the one off the back of the car. getting the separate bike rack plate is all about convenience. saves having to swap it each time you put the rack on or take it off

however, as alluded to by LM, if you will be driving at night, it will need to have a light on it to show up the plate.
by tipper
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 phone calls.

Phone call 1 - Mrs Boon telling me she's cranky with Miss Boon

Phone call 2 - Miss Boon telling me she's cranky with Mrs Boon

Both got the same reply, "Nothing to do with me, call your mother/daughter. I don't have time for this, with SA Footy, Tatts.com and work I'm flat out"

i already get this and little miss is only 8.

pro tip for other fathers out there. do not, i repeat DO NOT suggest to your significant other that your daughter is currently winning the argument by staying calm and not screaming like a banshee like someone else is...... :axe: :Hangman:

this has been a public service announcement
by tipper
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks lads

my brother and i have almost been successful in pressuring my old man to buy a boat that will live at my brother's house in waikerie. Has picked out the exact one he wants and was asking whether my brother's shed was big enough.

so maybe once that is done we can start working on the camper trailer :D Ask your dad if he will buy me a boat too ;)

Edit. If you want to check them out there is usially a caravan and camping show at wayville twice a year. Costs to get in but you can check out everything from swags to full blown winnebago type stuff. I found it goodfor narrowing down our search before we bought ours second hand
by tipper
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Foot note - I rated the fact they wanted to come and share their knowledge of the history of the house ( 1897 ) with us too. I'll do the same all going well one day well into the future.

I also rate this - I think it's very important to pass down such history. I'd like to hear about this at our next catch up :D

History tour chez Booney :

"Welcome and mind your step as you enter. Got a long story about those steps, when I came home from the pub three sheets to the wind and couldn't get up them,,, had to throw stones at the window until the missus would come down and let me in. I woulda used a brick, but I woulda had to get the old EH holden down off of them first. Working our way down the hallway now, just pause and see the stain against the wall. Seven years ago our dog ate half the grass in the backyard and was violently ill in this spot. Little bugger cost us a fortune in veterinary fees, which is why we never had the money to varnish over the stain. Let's head now into the main bedroom. Got some stories here that would curl your eyebrows..."

tsk tsk. Booney is a Ford man, so it would be a clapped out EA falcon on the bricks wouldnt it??
by tipper
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

A lady here going off her rocker about a restaurant owner we service for a good 10 minutes.

"He's a wanker"

"I'd never go there because of how he is"

Etc.

Myself and another lady were like "nah, it's a really good restaurant. We've both been and you're missing out"

First lady: "Nah he's alright. I was just joking around. I think I have been there. It's was very good. Where is it again?"

F**kin clown.
You service a restaurant owner for a good 10 minutes?

well, i wouldnt call it good. but at least he is enthusiastic
by tipper
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:
MW wrote:
morell wrote:Sitting on Rundle Street on a warm day.

Good god.

Oh, so now you're interested in looking at some tits...

Judging by his scooter, he's probably more interested in the bulges.

#voteyes

NTTAWWT
by tipper
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

shoe boy wrote:You must surely be taking the piss :YMSMUG:

The bloke is a Muppet !

no, Muppets have personality

Booney wrote:We do, on both sides of the fence and that's why we're in the position we're in.

nail, meet hammer.
by tipper
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This might sound like a 46 year old woman with a minion picture as her profile pic on FB, but....

Finding out who has your back and who doesn't. Sad but freeing at the same time.

There's been a shitload of self reflection over the last month and right now I feel like I can do anything.

you go girlfriend!

seriously, good work though :)
by tipper
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

is it just me or has time stopped today?

i swear the last hour has taken six hours to pass.....
by tipper
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two separate issues. Got no sympathy for those that are too lazy to check their citizenship status.

But whether it should be a law in the first place is a seperate issue. Given we allow dual citizenship for everything else, what is the law designed to protect against?

Just to put it in perspective - plenty of dual citizens in defence where I work

well then the time to try to change that law was before umpteen members of parliament have been caught breaking it. its only been a rule for 100 odd years. bit late to complain about it after you have been to the high court over it....

while this rule may seem to be a bit outdated, and even arbritrary, its just the sort of rule that polititians love to enact for us lowly plebs. stuff em.
by tipper
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

upcoming mandatory drug and alcohol awareness training.....

still no one has been able to tell me if i have to bring my own drugs and alcohol or if they are provided.....
by tipper
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Work putting absolutely nothing on for xmas

Sounds like the Federal Government.
Close. State.

Federal definitely the same, we (and the social club) Have to pay for our own Christmas show.

I can see why though - would you want your tax dollars to be used for a pissup?

when im doing the drinking, absolutely yes!! :lol:
by tipper
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can see why though - would you want your tax dollars to be used for a pissup?
If I was invited - yes. :D
about time the government spent our tax dollars on something worthwhile ;)

Getting me pissed is definitely a worthwhile cause and I’m glad you all seem to agree :)

Time for you to all petition your local MPs :) I dont like our chances to be honest. Its only those in parliament house that get the honour of a taxpayer subsudised bar.....

by tipper
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:And if it falls on Monday/Tuesday then why bother coming the rest of the week :)

exactly. it would be another week like christmas/boxing day, but without having to go spend time with all the rellies you only see at christmas.....
by tipper
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Also, you mention Taperoo and the deros that occupy the suburb. From what I can tell there's a high percentage of single mothers and Aboriginal families in the housing trust part of Taperoo.

Are you having a crack at them too?

not to mention buying into "tired old stereotypes"...wait
by tipper
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Wong v Cash. Wong by tko!

Rightly so, Cash's comments were so close to a Womans Day headline it wasn't funny.

if that was a womans day headline good old barnaby is lining up an episode of jerry springer....
by tipper
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I'm often referred to as a bogan. But I embrace that

Me too! I am what I am. Western suburbs boy, live in the Port, I'm a bogan. Probably a "CUB", to be honest.

However, having some random sanctimoniously refer to me as a battler isn't something I wear with a badge of honor.

i usually refer to myself as a bogan. its best when someone tries to talk me out of that title and i hit them with all the evidence... :lol:
by tipper
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

looking forward to buying a new house.

currently "tidying up" the current place in order to put it onto the market. nothing wrong with it, we have just outgrown it.

im already "over" the whole process, but it will be worth it in the end. painting the inside starts today so we are nearly at the point of sticking the sign out the front. then we just need to keep it pristine for however long it takes to sell....
by tipper
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I laughed at LM, that is honestly messed up tipper. I wasn’t sure if you were serious for the first half of your post.

sadly, completely serious. i have terrible zoomed in photos to prove it. i couldnt get close enough for my phone to take a clear picture unfortunately.

im actually surprised someone here at work hasnt played me the theme from blinky bill or something...
by tipper
Mon May 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The self service checkouts at shopping centres.

I always use them because they are handy, but I have a tendency of leaving the money in the dispenser when I try to take money out at the same time.

On this occasion I took money out to give to a work colleague today so I didn't realize until I got to work.

No doubt the disrespected moron will let me know of my stupidity when I tell her.
Mrs Claret told me they had self service checkouts at the supermarkets now. I don’t know how they work though.

seeing as you are a married man i would have thought you would know all about self service....
by tipper
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:well thats a win/win situation if ever i saw one

I'd have the ugliest set of tits imaginable, would look like a pair of guinea pigs.

eh, id probably still look :lol:
by tipper
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

well, we have signed a contract for a new house, so now i get to look forward to moving (middle of september)

im also looking forward to no crazies living over the road pretending to be koalas at the new place. lets hope it isnt a case of better the devil you know :lol:
by tipper
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

personally id prefer a leader that was interested in doing the right thing, because its the right thing. not because they will get eternal damnation from their imaginary friend if they dont.....
by tipper
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chick at work totally taking the piss, has a horrible attendance record but has excelled recently.
Here's the last 5 weeks.

Week 1: Had the Tuesday off.
Week 2: Went home early Wednesday, took the Thursday and Friday off.
Week 3: Had the Monday off.
Week 4: Had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off.
This week: Has had Monday and today off, hasn't been here for a week this time.

The laws are so crap now, there's people out there desperate for employment.
Still not back, 7 consecutive days this run.

maybe she slipped on some onion?
by tipper
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so apparently its been a year since we voted to allow same sex marriage.

wheres all the bad things that we were told were going to happen? people marrying animals or furniture? downfall of society as we know it? the religeous divorcing because it doesnt mean the same thing now? all of us straight people catching "the gay".....

i must have missed it all
by tipper
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i rate the boy (whose 6) being dead keen for the upcoming footy season. hes been taking his footy to school to practice at lunch, has had his roosters geurnsey out on the weekend to make sure it still fits, and hes dead keen for the club season launch tonight (para hills footy club). meet the coach, bit of a kick around, a bbq, oh, and the NAFC are coming along with the premiership cup as the club is in their zone. 8)

ok, i may be more excited about that last one than he is, lol :lol:
by tipper
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Does he not like you? a rep gave me a 6 pack to take home one day, I brought 5 back the next day and left them on his desk.

i love them, but this is one i havent tried. we were having a conversation about the mixed carton he is working through at the moment, and as i havent tried this one, he donated it. i cant decide if it is a good sign that he is giving me beer, or a bad sign he is trying to get me sacked by giving me beer :lol:
by tipper
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I just locked it, I didn't ditch it

Spoilsport.

can it be unlocked for friday lunchtime? reckon that thread could provide some awesome entertainment once some of the regular posters have their friday frothies
by tipper
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there was a short lived thread, now hidden, trying to convince us all to give up drinking, smoking and sex, and convert to be hare krishnas...... was a rather long, rambling first post that just didnt get the chance it deserved to thrive
You read it?
skimmed it. started rapidly losing interest when i got to the no drinking bit
by tipper
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

now here is my day tomorrow all sorted.

dont let me down forum regulars
by tipper
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

another grub wrote:Still not sure how u cocks sleep at night

quite well in my premiership tshirt, but thanks for your concern
by tipper
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Will I reach 35K today?

45 posts away from the milestone?

i reckon youll reach that by lunch.... :D
by tipper
Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Idiot parents who send their kids to school when they’re clearly sick

well im certainly not going tostay home with them, i might catch it!! ;)
by tipper
Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

up at Loveday 4X4 park over the weekend, doing the tour track and we roll up on about half a dozen cars parked and people checking out an obstacle, the "hell hole"

couple of guys give it a go in their vehicles, and despite throwing dirt everywhere, they dont make it. "why dont you give it a go in your Jeep?"

so i drop to low range, use my magic buttons, and walk it up an over with no thrown dirt, and little noise :)

apparently im a "******* showoff" :lol: :lol:
by tipper
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

I always thought it was:

You lose .01 per hour.
A standard drink is .02 though.

was told the average person metabolises .02 per hour in our recent drug and alcohol awareness training, but as always, it can vary on the individual.

i just try not to risk it nowadays either way. the Mrs stopped taking advantage of the times i offered to drive home (seriously, she has a designated driver and would only have 1 or two over the whole night....) so now the default is we share the driving 50/50. i drive there, she drives home. completely fair. :roll:
by tipper
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

I always thought it was:

You lose .01 per hour.
A standard drink is .02 though.

was told the average person metabolises .02 per hour in our recent drug and alcohol awareness training, but as always, it can vary on the individual.

i just try not to risk it nowadays either way. the Mrs stopped taking advantage of the times i offered to drive home (seriously, she has a designated driver and would only have 1 or two over the whole night....) so now the default is we share the driving 50/50. i drive there, she drives home. completely fair. :roll:

You saying I can now drink twice as much and drive home?

sure, if you want to trust advice from some random on the internet :)
by tipper
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood V North

traditionally, these threads contain that sort of info in either the title, or the first post, so that we dont have to go searching in multiple locations for the info......
by tipper
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |