Search found 359 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

Don't understand how people can say they miss their rego coz there's no sticker. Does that mean they let their licenses expire too because they dont have a sticker telling them to renew it?

People should take responsibility for their own obligations, and stop whinging just because they aren't being babied through adulthood.
by HH3
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

One can only hope.
The whole Westies /Russell saga pales in comparison to that scumbag McGee and what went on there.
by Spargo
Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

tipper wrote:i though you being an "older" model Psyb that it would have been a serial port rather than a usb. been in for a refit have we? ;)

I think it's more the 3 1/2" floppy that worries him.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

Perhaps I should have the avatar I use here replicated next to the bar code and USB slot on the back of my neck! ;)
by Psyber
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

woodublieve12 wrote:pros - 10k crowd on friday night...

Cons - half of them didnt pay to get in, if Walker played for Norwood there would have been the same crowd but they would have paid to get in.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A question to Port and Crows fans. If the AFL turned around and said next year Port and Crows are only going to have a salary cap 50% of all the other teams, how would you feel?

The thing you don't realise is that people who follow the AFL don't respect or understand your decision not to barrack for an AFL team and to follow and SANFL club solely. To them you might as well follow the A League for all the impact you have on their thinking about their precious little AFL franchise.

The bigger problem is that it appears that Leigh, John and the rest of the clowns have about as much enthusiasm for the SANFL as most of the AFL numpties on here do.

no, i think the problem is, that a lot of people here dont realise that there is no escaping the fact that the SANFL cannot be a standalone competition with no influence from the AFL. For the last 40 years they have been impacted, and it hasnt changed now. Of course the reserves teams have an impact on the SANFL. But having an almighty whingefest instead of trying to be constructive about what might be a bad situation for you guys, but is one you are stuck with whether you like it or you dont.

Absolute garbage. The SANFL without AFL involvement would become the undisputed second best comp in Oz.

It would be the envy of every state league and the clubs within those leagues.

Players would flock to play at clubs who have their developement as its sole focus.

And winning a flag in an untainted league its sole focus .

Why this proposition scares the people who are paid by our league to protect it is the major issue and has been for a decade. To busy checking out
AFL clubs profit and loss ratios and potential tv ratings for 7.
by UK Fan
Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is so much done to equalise sporting competitions throughout the world (drug testing, salary cap, drafts, handicaps) and what has happened to the SANFL is going the polar opposite to this. No matter which way you look at it, the introduction of two AFL Reserves teams is not fair.

There are positives and negatives and those who see a fair, even competition, as the number one consideration are rightly bemused by what has happened.

From an AFL viewpoint, the consideration of an even, fair competition is outweighed by the need for developing players and for them, currently at least, the best option is to do this in their own backyard both in terms of value for money and strength of competition. They will tell themselves that there is increased exposure to the SANFL. Dittmar said it's been great, then when asked if he'd been to an SANFL game this season, said "no, but have enjoyed watching some games on tv, especially the Clare game".

I am not convinced that the increased exposure to the SANFL via commercial TV is even close to benefiting my club enough to outweigh the negatives that come with the new format. There is no more coverage of my SANFL club than there was before. In fact, I would say there is less. I guess we'd have to wait to see the finances from this years Annual Reports to really know.

There are other ways, including having a weekly SANFL game at Adelaide Oval, that would give the competition prestige and generate interest. The use of social media and the web is more important than paying $1,000,000 to have the game shown on Ch7 - which is essentially the only benefit the AFL clubs have bought (via sponsorship) to the competition.

The Eagles vs Sturt game at Unley Oval, with a crowd of 4000, which was directly up against both Crows and Power games on the same day told me that there is enough interest in the SANFL for it to be viable without the "assistance" of AFL clubs.

What is desperately needed is the SANFL administration to apply the spirit in which 5RPH and LifeFM have to the competition to generate interest and use the capital they should have to make it high quality for the current HD generation.

I think the SANFL would be best to cut ties with Port and the Crows at the end of the season. If Port Magpies win the SANFL premiership this year, it will be an absolute disgrace.

There are other ways to keep relevance for a younger generation of footballers and an alignment between the AFL and SANFL and that is to supply Port and Crows with top up players via Under 20's to use in whatever competition they could go to (preferably AFL Reserves or at least VFL). I believe this could apply nationally with alignment of elite Under 18 sides to all AFL and State League clubs, but that is another matter. Keep Junior Football, Development/Reserves Football and State League Football - which can all still be feeders to the AFL - separate.

For now, I reckon the SANFL bite the bullet and go it alone. The mainstream media, who all seem to be official ambassadors for the Crows (http://www.afc.com.au/the-club/information/ambassadors), will give the SANFL hell, but I'm not convinced it is the mainstream media who will ensure the SANFL survives and prospers anyway.

The SANFL will never be the number one show in town, but it has a niche, and I'd love to see the SANFL and its clubs make every post a winner NOW, while there is still strong enough links to SANFL clubs for the majority of families in South Australia.
by Aerie
Tue May 13, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the point is that the model they agreed to and the returns they have recieved are far apart. GIven both Adelaide and Port after only a couple of home games each have come out with alarm bells saying its nowhere near the level they expected - whilst both clubs are miles ahead of projected figures.....questions deserve to be asked. The figures projected a $8.1m uplift in revenue for the AFL clubs and this was based on:

Port season ticket sales going from 13,600 to 23,000. We currently have over 29,000 season ticket holders so 26% above projections.
Adelaide season ticket sales going from 24,700 to 27,000. They currently have (apparently) 37,000 season ticket holders so 37% above projections.
Port attendances averages 31,000. Currently averaging 43,000 so 38% above projections.
Adelaide attendances averages 42,000. Currently averaging 46,600 so 11% above projections.

How can revenue be lower than expected when all figures are currently well above projections, without the SMA changing the goal posts?

As Whicker used to say "grow the pie, grow the pie". Well both Adelaide and Port have grown the pie significantly....no point growing the pie if Whicker and Olsens shit stained fingers are gonna keep taking a bigger slice.

And here we go again, Port Adelaide pushing the blame elsewhere, just like previous issues like -

"SANFL forced us to keep the Magpies and move them to Ethelton"
"SANFL screwed us on the Footy Park stadium deal"

You agreed to it FFS!!!! You signed on the bottom line!!!!

Projections are exactly that, projections, no guarantees. If you wanted guarantees on what you would get from the new stadium then negotiate a fixed return.

Its like signing a contract to a variable rate loan and whinging when the rates go up.

Port Adelaide = world champion whingers...always some one else fault
by Dutchy
Wed May 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Chicks that wear all revealing, low cut tops with their fun bags falling out all over the place - that shoot you a dirty look when they catch you having a perv. Cover'em up if ya don't want me looking!

On the flip side, there are two or three young secretaries I see almost daily who are obviously more than happy to flaunt their assets and have no issue with men AND women copping an eyeful. To these ladies, I thank & applaud you.

pics or GTFO
by bennymacca
Fri May 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chicks that wear all revealing, low cut tops with their fun bags falling out all over the place - that shoot you a dirty look when they catch you having a perv. Cover'em up if ya don't want me looking!

On the flip side, there are two or three young secretaries I see almost daily who are obviously more than happy to flaunt their assets and have no issue with men AND women copping an eyeful. To these ladies, I thank & applaud you.
by Spargo
Fri May 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Norwood supporter's eat your own thread

Sorry to disappoint but it's sorted via the message system.
He has his views, I have mine.
He sees the future being worse than I think it will be. I reckon we both want my vision.
But we're both financial members and just want Norwood Premiership after Norwood Premiership.
Time will tell.
I just found calling Joe a c*** too disrespectful.
And I'm no angel, I've shot my mouth off plenty!!
I like the private message system. You can have a chat without making it public ;)

Now can you please fire up again so this valuable topic isn't wasted.
by johntheclaret
Mon May 26, 2014 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F**kwits on the road that as soon as it rains think the speed limit drops to 30km an hour! Here's some advice if you don't like driving in the rain stay of the F**king road you F**king brain dead F**king idiots! :twisted:

BUMP

This again!

Same goes for f**kheads tailgating and swerving through traffic when its raining. I have been known to say I hope they flip their car into a ditch so I can pull them out and tell them they got what they deserved.

What about idiots who have no idea how to merge?

The idea of merging is to MERGE with the traffic, not slow to a crawl and wait for an opening. To successfully merge, one must reach the same speed as the traffic, and enter once an appropriate gap in the traffic appears. That's why merge lanes are longer!

I swear people are ******* moronic sometimes...
by Failed Creation
Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Former Name(s). PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB (A.F.L) LIMITED

ABN: 49 068 839 547

Registration Date: 29/03/1995

Does it really matter if we changed our business name, not really. Answer this wedgie if Gary Ablett Jnr change his name to David Ablett does that mean he isn't a Brownlow Medalist anymore?
It does mate, just like the PAFC changes their name to the PAMFC and were the same club, they're dead and buried now though, thank you for agreeing with me, it musnt be rocket science after all. Even deluded Port supporters are now working it out.
The only Port club left which runs two teams has won 1 premiership in all time but that was nicely offset with a 119 point drubbing in 2007.

you should really change your name to either apachebulldog or Paul Little, clutching at straws and talking about something you have know idea about.
Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't agree with anything you said. I'm not the one continuing to clutch straws because I'm jealous of a footy club.

Just noticed you have 50 plus likes, that's the scary thing.
by Tech1
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a piss take thread, it's supposed to go around in circles. 8)
by dedja
Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maxyoz wrote:I'm getting sick of reading all of this crap about Port Power/ Port Magpies.

We seem to have forgotten about the 4,000 Crows supporters.

Start bagging Adelaide again, I feel left out.

The Crows situation doesn't need bagging anymore, it's simply that embarrasing it bags itself
by whufc
Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

go home and cuddle up to your massive pay check to make you feel better about ******* over our league you ignorant ****.

Love the Passion in your language :D
Hope they get it EVERY week for the remainder of the season 8)

lol, personally im not impressed with my language, i should have spent more time coming up with something more creative than just swearing. there are so many good insults that just dont get used anymore in favour of an easy **** or ****..... that and the fact that if i used some great insults from years gone by i would also get the satisfaction of seeing these footy players not having a clue what i just called them ;), but alas, haste got the better of me

That is the thing that I miss most since AFL has come in - the lack of clever and humorous banter from the crowd (at AFL matches). :(
by Dog Day Afternoon
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

dedja wrote:Both feet, now try again ...

:finga:

When does this ******* game start?
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dunno, but it will be over in 5 mins ... :oops:
by dedja
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Both feet, now try again ...
by dedja
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no need to stress ... you could field a team of Oompa Loompas and still manage a 10 goal win.
...and I would hope that our on-field support staff had a few quiet words in the ears of those oompa loompas, to suggest that they might have better league prospects at our club.

I've got league prospects at your club.
For how long have you been employed in the confectionery industry?

28kg's. :oops:
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no need to stress ... you could field a team of Oompa Loompas and still manage a 10 goal win.
...and I would hope that our on-field support staff had a few quiet words in the ears of those oompa loompas, to suggest that they might have better league prospects at our club.

I've got league prospects at your club.
For how long have you been employed in the confectionery industry?
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:I've run out of popcorn

The consequences of which are the business of one man and his popcorn alone. ;)

Whos dick do ya have to suck to get some more popcorn around here?
by HH3
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It still doesn't set precedent. In Australia, they are separate areas of law.

Also, if you want to argue the slippery slope, then it starts at allowing marriage full stop. By logic, your argument that a man and woman can get married sets precedent for any other type of marriage.
Then saying that means that all law is then liable for being abolished and we would live in utter chaos...

Human nature is to push the boundaries and once someone else gets it changed then 'hey I might as well push my case too' because that is the mentality.

If I'm wrong then I'll shut up but just wait and see...

I feel like Noah right now. The rain is coming people!!!

You still don't get it. They are separate arguments. If the time comes to debate, say polygamy, then so be it, but it gets debated on it's own merits.
by Q.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

You know the difference between your missus whinging at the front door - and your dog barking at the back door?

When you let the dog in, it shuts up.

(Mrs Spargo doesn't read safooty)
by Spargo
Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:completely off topic but...

is this the first pre game thread this season (or at least in several weeks) that has made 5 pages??? (and counting?) not a complaint at all, just an observation. its good to see.

Back to pre afl in sanfl days
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Sorry mate can you give me the quick rundown? Won't buy the tiser

Well then you won't get to read about it... ;) :lol:

so there...

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/gaming-giant-tabcorp-in-bid-to-livestream-afl-for-free/story-fnii5sms-1226982234408

love the slippery slope arguments, and that "a betting site is just trying to promote gambling"

of course they bloody are!

once again a silly argument about the children also included.

what will happen next? if they can stream afl through the TAB site, next they will be banging dogs!!
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was going to propose a "shoe boy V nuggety goodness" thread.
You know, thrash out issues in society with an open mind, an unbiased point of view - free from prejudice & generalisations.....
by Spargo
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

a lie is different to saying you think something might happen when you know for sure it plainly wont

Is it. When does that "something" turn into a lie. Or is it when you've convinced yourself that "something" is going to happen that it isn't a lie. Ethical business does not work your way.

i believe it was always 4000 total supporters, if you can show me a quote otherwise im happy to be corrected. now obviously that was wildly optimistic, but trigg doesnt make these figures out of thin air. obviously someone did some estimates and attempted to work it out, but i honestly believe they thought they would get 4k per game.

making wrong predictions does not mean you lied. it could mean you did. or you could just be wrong.

4000 number has been discussed a number of times. If not 4000 Crows supporters, how many actual Crows supporters did he mean? Academic, its now turned out to be a couple of hundred max. Who don't pay to get in and add nothing to the atmosphere of a game. Worse than that, particularly for Centrals who has a fair dual allegiance, its created a supporter split and has lead to long term, rusted on loyal supporters who added to the atmosphere of games, leave for good.

Over estimated with some basis of the estimate you say. If you can show me the basis of the estimate and subsequent legitimacy then I'm happy to be corrected.

Shucks, Wide eyed honest to goodness it was over optimistic. Your belief is touching, but its us paying for such incompetence. Too big a mistake to brush off.

The threat to enter the Ammos; a lie?
The unanimous decision required by the SANFL clubs; a lie?

both leverage to get what he wanted. he was acting in the best interests of his club, which is what i want him to do.

dont forget it was up to the SANFL clubs to let the crows into the comp.

Leverage is a funny word/term that has been so nicely manipulated. Its now up there with derivatives. Do you know what it means? The thing is with leveraging in the business sense, is normally you have to pay back on the gamble. In the world of the SANFL unfortunately that does not happen.

So you say he leveraged, but then you say that after all, the Clubs let the C***s in. So if some clubs were saying no and the leveraging convinced them, is there culpability on the part of the leverager, or is it the sucker leveragees fault for being taken in.

Anyway the above statement is probably mute because your belief is he was acting in the best interest of your club (I notice that does not mean Centrals) so the end justified the means. The relationship between the Crows and the SANFL has been reduced to that; a great pity and a lack of historical understanding by supporters such as yourself.

now im the first to admit that i dont think it has worked out that well. it definitely hasnt been a disaster, but you can pretty certainly say it hasnt been a positive for the league. and im sure it is below their expectations. it is in the crows interest for the sanfl to be going well too.

so i would conclude part salesmanship, part bad estimates. can you blame trigg for that? certainly. it seems like the crowd numbers of 4k (let alone an extra 4k) have been wildly inaccurate. but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

Would someone who was in a weak position, had made some bad decisions and support from staff and board was not looking rosy, was able to force a deeply unpopular proposition through its shareholders thus gaining needed credibility, not able to lie? If that proposition is a dud, based on flimsy or even made up data, and the technique used to sell the proposition unethical all to gain much need credibility, all combined not make a lie?

The logic of the SA AFL clubs acting in their best interest should be countered by the SANFL clubs. In the best interest of my club, as of next year charge the Crows and Port each a game day figure that compensates for the disastrous financial mess that we are finding ourselves in.
by wild dog
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trigg is as good as a used car salesmen, and really when it comes down to it our clubs didnt get an RAA check. So whos fault is it, the dealer or the clubs buying the car.

Look I'm not saying Trigg isnt a bit of the dodgy side, because I think there is enough evidence in regards to that, but our clubs needed to do there own research and it sounds like this wasnt done and the lemon was purchased.

Certainly not saying you are wrong Stan.

With the above analogy is it isn't as simple as the Directors were stupid and lazy not to do their checks. So hard luck them.

They were pressured, influenced, offered negotiated concession to not do The correct checks. and told forcefully just buy the car and get your mates to or else by those with vested interests.
by UK Fan
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the way i look at it is, we live in a democracy. currently there is a significant portion of the population that believes gay marriage should be legalized (as do i)

for those worried about the "slippery slope", when a significant portion of the community believe that bestiality, polygamy or marrying inanimate objects should be allowed, then we can have that debate. personally i dont see that happening any time soon.....

and thanks all for the laughs.

60% or more in most polls

the the government have previously ruled out a referendum too because it would pass...
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The missus getting a $46 parking fine at ttp for being their over 5 hours, claims she didn't see any signs, is this new? Haven't been up that way for a couple of years.

She then tells me that her apprentice got a similar fine at the Elizabeth shopping centre only last week.
$46 is nothng compared to the damage your missus would have done to your credit card in >5 hours...
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

but i dont think he would deliberately lie.
He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him.

watched footy classified monday night and caro had the rumour that he was off to either brisbane or carlton to be ceo and he has the blessing of the afl to take either job

Very very strong rumour he is off to Brisbane. Heard this from 2 sources month ago, neither connected but should know what they are talking about. He's taken one for the board and club, came back so all looks good but in reality it's time to move on.
Geez Brisbane is pretty ****** up at the moment. Do they really need this as well?
by stan
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not a race. No different to saying I'm racist for having a go at Crows wankers.
Its a belief in fairy tales.
The Nazis believed the Jews were a race though, so if you agree with the Nazis fair enough.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Being 230km from home and locking myself out of my girlfriends house while she is at work!

want me to drop off a key?
by Johno6
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:So when port win the flag this year will hey have won one or 35 or however many it is? This is just so silly.

The only people that should decide whether they want to own that previous heritage is the old port magpies are their supporters

Doesn't matter they can't count anyway........;)
by stan
Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

Crowd 3,059
Terrible crowd given that two years ago in a televised match on a Saturday North vs Norwood drew a crowd of 4,134 which was the biggest Saturday afternoon crowd of the 2012 season. Even last year North vs Norwood drew a bigger crowd than yesterday and last year's game as well as being televised also clashed with a Crows Football Park game.
by robranisgod
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - Eagles v Adelaide, Sun Aug 3 @ MTH Oval, Woodvil

Lost by nearly 70 yet had the same free kick count as their opponents. Men in white couldnt get them over the line today. Im sure the umps will get a please explain this week from SANFL HQ on why the Eagles didnt get more
by Jim05
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attendances are UP. Ignore any facts you like but they are.

By letting in people for free, a fact you ignore.

Memberships are down and they are a clubs lifeblood. Will the Crows care when a couple of clubs fold because of their entry in the next couple of years?

The SANFL are not in the position to bail any clubs out.

Writing is on the wall and the financial reporting period later in the year will be fascinating.

I haven't ignored that fact at all. But I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.

But why would a Centrals supporter buy a membership to the CDFC when they can purchase an AFL club membership and get in for nothing?
by heater31
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.
And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magpiespower wrote:Blackouts.

Three in the last week.

Tonight's lasted almost four hours...

Put in a request to a mod to change your name to Magpies
by dedja
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are saying the pros for the Crows to join with Uni Blacks are -

> They can drop a player to the Ammos
> They can develop players within the same structure and not be reliant on SANFL clubs to provide players.

Both of these reasons where given as pros for the SANFL clubs to vote the Crows into the SANFL!!!!

AFL clubs never liked SANFL clubs playing their players in the SANFL reserves, now they want the option?

They promoted the ability to pick a top up player form the SANFL clubs, develop them and then hand them back a ready made SANFL player, this will no longer happen under the new plan.

SANFL no longer run football in this state, the boys club at the Crows do....
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimmiesChin wrote:
smac wrote:For Centrals, I asked.

I'd say Centrals TV ad is a winner all round !!

The one on channel 9, that has nothing to do with Crows or Port?
by smac
Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Increased crowds, coverage on commercial tv, general news reporting, bringing afl only people to the sanfl.

You might argue some of those points but just things I can think of off the top of my head

Pretty sure this is an open and shut case of confirmation bias, whatever that is.

At least two of your self claimed incontrovertible positive points are opinion not fact and the two that are facts do little if anything to help the eight SANFL clubs.

Who, might I remind, actually form the competition not two clubs from another league.
by topsywaldron
Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tech1 wrote:Question for you guys what would you be happy with?

The compete removal of foreign garbage teams from Our Competition.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

tipper wrote:or the reserves sides could you know, not play finals at all??

Or even better, not be in the SANFL at all.
by Groucho
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |