Search found 69 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
ray borner wrote:Stiffy Johncock to Henley is my mail!

Negative

I thought you had a self imposed ban on this forum, and if not can you kindly stick to the div 3 forum or whereva it is your supposed to be :P
by old farmer
Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Round 5 is looking to be the most exciting round of the year. ;) Phantom
Correct, we have a band playing at the club on the Saturday night, should be a great night, cant wait.. 8)

So what's the reception for the 2013 Premiership coach going to be like?? Welcomed with open arms?? :)
You'll be fine mate

Hahahaha, you've been sure you know who this is for a while now PG, i'm not convinced you're right. ..............my thoughts have always been, ex player (coach), doesn't get to the club or games much any more, has Norwood as one of his teams and has a brother playing. Maybe not a blood brother but the B Grade full Forward has a familiar name........I know it is annoying you PG, but i reckon you're off the mark with who you think it is. :lol:
by old farmer
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What did he do?
Copped a boot to the head I heard
Collision with Lynch, knee to the jaw as they both attacked the ball. No malice or intent to harm, was an unfortunate accident, and the umpires obviously seen it the same way as no free kick was awarded and play continued.
Why does he have an egg on his head then? You're very defensive pal, calm down ;)

So he will miss the rest of the year for an egg on his head...............or has he just had enough, wasn't happy at half time. He must be rapt with your poaching job last year. Turn for the better i'd say.......for us, not you :butthead:

now lets see who gets defensive..........
by old farmer
Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

It should be a tough game for us against Modbury up at Houghton next week. Modbury's B grade has the bye and the A grade is playing Kilburn.
I would expect they will be at full strength!!!

What are the rules when it comes to selections for this game??? I would assume they will drop a few players down to their C grade???
We have been in that situation already this year with our B grade having a bye and C grade still playing. We had to name a B grade team still, however a few fringe B/C graders got to play C grade.

Oh god, don't start PG and Morrell off on this one again..... :lol:
by old farmer
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:A bit quiet on here lately.....

Ssshhhhh, we're having a bye. :(
by old farmer
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easiest solution is to put the correct information on the permit form
by old farmer
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finals Round 2:

Ingle Farm Football Club,Rowe Park
10:15 C4 Ingle Farm V Trinity OS
12:15 D6R Rosewater v Lockleys
14:15 D6 Ingle Farm v Rosewater

Blackfriars Football Club, St Dominic's Oval
12:15 D6R Ingle Farm v West Croydon
14:15 Blackfriars OS v West Croydon

Wouldn't they have all the Ingle Farm games at the one venue?

So we have to host a triple header to suit Rosewaters B grade and have people at an away B grade game. I look forward to the volunteers SAAFL will be sending us to help organise this :roll:
Our C grade at 12.15, A grade at 2.15 and Rosewaters B grade can play anywhere else they like.
by old farmer
Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have no problem with our B's being away. West Croydon have earnt that right. Our problem is with having to run a triple header at home and a B grade game away. This is a volunteer problem and nothing to do with who won what and who finished where. And Arch I am not having a winge, but as football director unfortunately it is my job to get everything in place for our 3 teams on the weekend. Hopefully the powers that be are a bit more understanding than the people on here.
And as you are all pointing out about WC having the right to have their B grade and A grade together, Rosewater don't have that right as I believe we finished 3rd and they were 4th.
by old farmer
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Kilburn to div 3 . Brahma to div 4. Both have teams to compete in these divisions now. Someone from div 6 to go up to div 5 (Smithfield or WC would have the best squads for this). Houghton and Angle Vale would both be very competitive in the new Div 6. Now we just need the SAAFL to be more forceful and a couple of clubs to stop sandbagging. 8)
by old farmer
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

is this a trial game post clogging up the forum Footy Chick. Hope the same PM is sent to Zed. Would hate to think it was because i'm not one of your forum favorites. ;)
by old farmer
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Would like to thank Smithfield for their hospitality on Saturday. Simon and his committee work tirelessly to make sure everything runs smoothly on match day, well done guys.. Also a great gesture from both clubs in both grades to line up and shake hands before the game. And thank you for the carton left in the changerooms for the A grade and the jugs in the club to follow. Overall a great day day out at Smithfield apart from the results.
Maybe people should get out to clubs on match day and see what a great job volunteers do for clubs instead of focusing on certain one off instances by individuals. FWIW, West Croydon are one of the best organised clubs on match day that i have come across and their match day officals are outstanding.
by old farmer
Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't mind a crack at some clubs occasionally.. this weeks turn is Ingle Farm..

WORST SHOWERS IN HISTORY!!! FFS useless mugs spend money on reno's, a kitchen, a car park and you cant even get decent showers!? :evil:

Ruined my Saturday

Shut your whining Zarton or i'll post the infamous shower photo of you.....

I will however apologize to all teams that have traveled to Ingle Farm since mid April. The Salisbury Council should be ashamed of their efforts to renovate the showers in our change-rooms.
Why would you do this in the middle of footy season and not Cricket without any notice and why it would take this long and it's still not finished is beyond comprehension. Numerous phone calls and complaints have done nothing, so all i can do is apologize again and hope they finish tiling by next April. :-??
by old farmer
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
old farmer wrote:Shut your whining Zarton or i'll post the infamous shower photo of you.....

*AHEM*

We're waiting..... 8) :-W :!! :lol:

You are one sick puppy...... Once it is seen, it can never be unseen. X_X
by old farmer
Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL premiership players from SAAFL clubs

some bloke called Martin Pike played at Ingle Farm. Think he won a couple..... ;)
by old farmer
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Regarding pre xmas training - each to their own I reckon. Personally I am a fan of having a few runs just to get everyone together and lay the ground rules. I also like to set expectations for post xmas return conditioning, that way players know what is expected and hopefully if they are serious about their footy and success they will come back in better shape. There is not a lot of time between mid Jan and Round 1 (approx. 11 weeks). Its also important for new recruits to be introduced to the other players as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with mates getting together and having a bit of a run. Don't see how having a few runs and then a 3-4 weeks xmas break is gonna lead to burn out!
11 weeks is ample time.

haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?

You didn't fall for that one did you. The only Gym Zarton knows is the one that mows his lawn.
by old farmer
Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nick Lynch back to Ingle Farm, confirmed.
EFA

Couldn't of had a good response from Bute when he tried for $$$ so now at farmers, wonder how much he got there?
Think he met with Bute out of courtesy and probably also curiosity.. not getting paid at the farm though.. he signed for $0 per game.. 8) ;)

Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.
by old farmer
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:52 pages long this thread already and we haven't reached the first trial game yet haha!

You go away for a week and there is 1-2 pages, you come back and there is 4 pages in 2 days. Coincidence or not.
Who needs Morell ;)
by old farmer
Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.

He's back :shock:
Was good to have a beer and catch up all the goss, could easily got comfy if it wasn't for presso's......Good on ya too for coming in the rooms, I know it would have been hard but I also know it's what you wanted to do. :partyman: Good luck for the rest of the year
by old farmer
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very unfortunate what happened to Paul. He is recovering well and should be home today or tomorrow. Also thank you and well done to Matt Bedgegood and Chris Pascoe who stepped up and took charge of the A Grade yesterday in Pauls absence and did a great job.
Thank you to Hackham for making the trek to Rosewater, great hitout for both teams and good luck for the year
And finally a huge thank you to all involved at Rosewater for allowing us to play our trials at their ground and for looking after us so well.
Now bring on the real stuff............
by old farmer
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He didn't have any trouble hearing the plea from your captain in a one on one at 3/4 time. They had a great chat. ;)[/quote]

Might have looked like that to you, however the ump called him over and said to tell our boundary ump that if he couldn't keep up with the game he would award a free kick and 50m penalty to Mitchell Park. Standard for the day.
And the out of bounds missed was the goal umpires fault, not the boundaries. Go figure. :-?

Anyway, that should not take away from what was a great game of footy that could have gone either way till late in the last 1/4. MP look really good when they get their runners free and move the ball quickly. I always thought div 6 would be a tight comp this year and so far has been just that. Good to see the GJ RD curse lives on.
by old farmer
Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Our committee have decided that in the best interest of the club that a change of coach was required with our assistant coach Brenton taking over as A grade coach. No need to go into the details as to why but you can go your hardest with the innuendos and rumours you've heard, won't be getting much more from me :-#

Wan't Paul Niven the 'B' Grade Coach being groomed for that Job?

=))
by old farmer
Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reading the last 4 pages makes me want to throw up. So all us loyal SAAFL clubs get stuffed around and have less chance of a little bit of success, but more chance of being demoted, just to accommodate 2 SFL teams. And One that left our comp, but now wants to come back. So glad i have worked my ass off since October to try and succeed.
Leave em in SFL or start in div 7. Why should we suffer.
by old farmer
Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I've always thought the South/North system discriminates against Central clubs :p

Too true in 1995 & 96 we were in the A5 North and in 97 in the D8 South it was a complete Joke.

In 95 we copped 3 strong CDFA clubs coming in A Grade against C Grade we got flogged only won 2 games for the season & the D Grade managed to win the flag. A5 South was mainly made up of C & D Grade teams
Remained in the same Grade the following season which was mostly made up of C & D Grade teams and won the flag in both comps.

No Point bringing brighton into the comp at D6 level it achieves nothing for them or the comp.

All teams that have started in D6 since in 84 were correctly placed except for TTG, Modbury, West Lakes, Walkerville & Hectorville (Norwood Districts)
All the rest were new clubs that have either since folded or have gone no higher than D4 at best.

Easy to say from a club in Div 3 or higher. It doesn't effect you where they come in. Us lower clubs suffer to accommodate 2 SFL teams. Absolute crap.
by old farmer
Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Ingle Farms Sanctions were a result of the Anthony Multa incident and it didn't help when he didn't turn up to the tribunal. This resulted in an extra $2500 fine. Our record previous to this at the tribunal was not too bad, however our player have been excellent since and you will find we have not had a yellow or red card in all three grades since this incident.
As much as this leaves you sitting on a knifes edge week to week and you have no way of controlling individuals, as we learn't on the weekend, It has made every player at our club take responsibility for their actions and look at the bigger picture, which is the consequences it would have on our club as a whole. I only recently addressed all three teams before a triple header just to reinforce where we sit and the damage it could do to our A Grades chances of promotion this year.
We will be glad to see the end of these sanctions, but i do think they have made our club and players realise how much damage individual actions can do to the club as a whole and your 80 odd team mates.
by old farmer
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just my observation from Saturday.. they had some handy sorts in their side, but the depth was severely lacking. Keetch, McMurtrie and Vandermoer seemed to be doing a large amount of the work, Schutz was good as usual - but not as good as I've seen him (to be expected returning from injury though).

Schneider was alright but Roling and Dolan were useless. ;)

Too few contributors and a lot of blokes who looked out of their depth in A grade.. Obviously better suited to their ground, but 'Roys oval is around the same size and I think they'll have too much zip around the ground for the bulky Raiders.
Vanders for the medal I reckon.

Gee you Pooraka boys stick together. Robb Stark runner up too CC. ;)
What about the young lad at IF that kicked 7 on the weekend. Rate him at all CC. 8)
by old farmer
Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm Football Club are pleased to announce the reappointment of Paul Manuel for season 2017. We are very lucky to have a coach with Paul's experience and knowledge at our club. Congratulations Paul

Also congratulations to Darren "Moff" Murphy who plays game 250 tomorrow.
by old farmer
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Well done on your win, HT.
#keepingthedreamalive
#youreuptosomething

Yeah, if he keeps doing this, I'm going to change his name from Human Torpedo to stealth bomber.

Comes from nowhere and KAPOW :lol:

I have a different name for him ......... 8)
by old farmer
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

The similarities are uncanny.... ;)
by old farmer
Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:D6 2017
1. Pulteney
2. Elizabeth
3. West Croydon
4. Brahma Lodge
5. Ingle Farm
6. Trinity OS
7. Fitzroy
8. Mawson Lakes
9. Houghton Districts
10. Salisbury West

Will be a great division and the furthest we need to travel is Gawler, you beauty....
by old farmer
Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Ripping off SAASTA i'm surprised he's even welcome at West Croydon given their strong aboriginal presence.

not only ripped them off for his own benefit, there would have been a lot of grants and handouts to people linked to Euchunga Football Club too.
As for getting paid to play footy, surely WC don't pay their C Grade. ;)
by old farmer
Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
adr107 wrote:In tears. Of course you would make that call lol...

I think it's a pretty valid call.. I'm sure no one wants to see another lob-sided D7 if it can be avoided.

This from the grammer nazi himself. That would be lopsided. :lol: ;)
by old farmer
Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm made a call to Wade Vandernub to see if had signed anywhere last minute attempt to recruit a midfielder

Maybe Wade hasn't had an offer that satisfies him yet, so is talking up offers to get a better offer happening. Happens all the time. Hope you's didn't fall for it ;)
WE did try to call Dane Swan in a last minute attempt to get a midfielder, but for some reason his phone is out of range.
by old farmer
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

see pryor going back to para hills
Pryor goes where he thinks the best opportunity to win a flag is*

Finishes on 99 games at Ingle Farm.

*note* - this is just my personal opinion, not necessarily reflective of others views at IFFC..

Twin brother Andrew finished at IF on 99 games. Maybe they just want to be identical.
by old farmer
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old farmer wrote:
getting too old wrote:Morell, I see that your reigning reserves b&f Dre Wilson has been denied clearance to Marion. Can you shed any light on that or it's being kept in house?

Pretty sure you can only deny due to being unfinancial. No need for secrets

my bad, maybe there has already been 3 clearances to Marion
by old farmer
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greenacres struggling..

West Croydon to D5
Para Hills to D6
Greenacres to D7

Lock it in Eddie..

Have seen it with my own eyes that Greenies are struggling. Lets hope they can turn it around.

Hope this will not affect the draw at all as i have only recently made a booking for our 50 year celebrations based around the IF v WC home game.

Well, if it did happen, you'd think the incoming team would slot into WC's home and away slots

Fair call, but i was hoping on a competitive game for the masses, not a div 7 team. ;)
by old farmer
Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:Where was all the complaints a couple of season ago when North Pines played there A grade in div 7R? Think they didn't lose a game all year and won the GF easy?

You obviously forgot the wink at the end of this post, or you did not read the forum that year.....
by old farmer
Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Must also state that work and Business hours are 220% more likely to be significantly extended and involve serious overtime if its a scheduled training day. :lol:

Then there is the 25% die hard cricketers who can't train for footy because it's cricket season, and even though they don't train they need to have their mindset 110% cricket focused to produce the best 15-20 runs they can each weekend.

Finally there is the 30% of NBA stars who are either playing social netball/basketball on training nights, or needing to rest their bodies from games the night before, or preparing for a game the night after.

The end :D :D

*EDIT* - Note - it must be said my training attendance has been pathetic this season so far lol

What about the ones that have found new love over the summer and either can't seperate themselves from her yet, or are too scared to tell them they play football and may not be able to spend 6 hours of the week with them so they can hang out with their mates.
I tell ya, this generation have a lot to learn. Football clubs used to be the place to get out of the house, go and have a beer with ya mates and have a laugh. Football training was a minor interuption to this, and then you would roll in, just in time for work the next day.............Bloody soft, the lot of them. ;)
by old farmer
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Good news Morrell. Para Hills were very average today. and very undisiplined. Wouldn't be to concerned if thats what they are going to dish up.
by old farmer
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big shout out to The Ingle Farm with our trial yesterday. Bill and Pauly have a decent bunch of lads and the game yesterday was played in great spirits. Umpiring was good and they talked through the interpretations with the boys when it came up which was good. Game was let go in areas which was great to see. Best of luck to Paul and the boys this year. Your number 4 was brilliant yesterday and one to look out for, 11 Ruck-men switching with 36 from memory was a decent duo. Very impressed with IF yesterday. They got the Scab cup in the end and to be honest I was really happy for Bill and the club. Have a great year boys.

Thanks Satchel. And thanks to the Rosewater FC for putting on a great day in very hot conditions. Great idea to re-name the Bulldog Cup, the Grant "Scab" Burns Cup. Scab was a great man, loved by everyone and i'm sure he would have been watching over yesterdays game with a beer in his hands and a pair of thongs on his feet.The cup had only been played for 5 times since it inception in 2003, so it's a great idea to play for it every year now, whether that be trial game or home and away.
Good luck for 2017 to everyone involved at Rosewater.Will be keeping a close eye on you guys
by old farmer
Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Balfours Div 6 footy preview.

Elizabeth v Trinity OS
The battle of the north kicks off at Elizabeth with the Eagles looking to get off to a good start after dropping down to 6. The only real quality they have lost is Daniel Hodges to Modbury and the talk has been youth is the go at the club to rise back up but with add of Markis and the return of Cotter from fitzroy to add some more firepower to help Sheppard up forward and with Greenshields still floating in the mids they will still be looking to bounced straight back up.
Trinity on the otherhand have lost star full forward Alex Cotter, and good players in Lemmon, Maher, Rossack and the rumors of Spurr while not adding a whole lot on the other end. New coach Stephen Couzner is known to play a press so will be interesting to see if he has brought that to the tossers.
This will be a great game but if Trinity are to win they will need the likes Zorichs, O'Hara, Sammy Peters, Winning, Macphail to have big days and Perry to take over at full forward. Elizabeth will need all the youth they have to show the speed and zip to past the big blokes of trinity to get it down to Cotter and Sheppard.

Elizabeth 13pts

Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm
Possibly game of the round with last seasons prelim finalist taking on the side which suprising got knocked out in the Elimination final.
The talk of a mass exodus of top players at the Tigers proved to be just that. talk, with only really superstar full forward Tim Aloisi off to the YPFL and decent players in Sobels and Spriggs out of the club. In return they have picked up Hall, McIntyre(SW), Richter from Portland, Fuller and Dean Steele. Who will add to the quality that is there in Dene Steele, Brooks, Savage, Huitema, Mckee and Cosenza.
Ingle Farm have had a mixed pre season with players leaving like Cree and Pryor back to Para Hills and Verigan staying in the NT and losing Wade Matthews to the SANFL but have offset them by adding into a ruckman they needed in Garnell, a superstar in Grae Grant and Dion Coomblas from Greenies.
I reckon the midfield match up is going to be a major key and with Steele, Brooks, Savage, McIntyre, Richter for BL v Sumner, Bryant, Lynch, Grant plus others its going to be a great battle.
Also another key note is seeing who is going to fill Aloisis void weather it be Hall or if they get an even spread.
And will big Brad Sanderson start to fire up forward and kick more straight this season.
I think Ingle Farm will have too much depth around the ground except in the centre square where BL will have a dominance but womt be able to finish up forward.

Ingle Farm 23pts

West Croydon v Salisbury West

The Runners up of last season kick of there campaign with a new coach in Luke Nicholls and without some quality players that took them to the GF in Sumner, O'Toole, Birch, Stancl and the big man in Phillips, take on the premiers of Div 7 who themselves have lost some of there top players in Wellington, Mcintyre, Koler and Schroeter.
West Croydon still have alot of quality at the club with Nicholls, Woodcock, Symons, Cooper, Halls and have added Carr from Mawsons to the midfield. Also will Cam McKinnon be back and at full forward. While Salisbury West seem to have picked up alot and brought up a few juniors it will be interesting to see how they go with what they have in ruckman Ryles, mid Bow and forward Davies.
I think West Croydon still have too much quality with Woodcock to kick a bag and will be too good at home against a side who has lost a fair bit of top end and wont be able to match what the Hawks bring

West Croydon 35pts

Fitzroy v Pulteney
The with the most clearances in the league bar Para Hills v the club who seem to have picked up some top end talent after struggling in d5 last season.
The main question will be how many of the 50 plus clearances actually will play a grade and how many will play in there super c grade side. Bourke will be a massive in for the foward line to help out Dixon plus the other 10 from Glenunga will help out elsewhere.They havnt had it all one way though and have lost some talent with club legend Matt Nelson out of there aswell as young ruckman Sam Bugeja, forwards Cotter and Wheadon and backman Cronin.
Pulteney have alway had a very even squad between the a's and b's but look to have picked up some top talent in Giddings and Tucker from the SANFL and
Jack Hoppo-Luckett from Uraidla. I dont know too much about Pulteney but i know Aish is a big loss in the midfield and they will need others to stand up.
I think with all the in's for Fitzroy and that they are playing on there mountain that they will pull away with a decent victory.

Fitzroy 45pts

Mawson Lakes v Houghton Districts
The rivalery builds on from last season where the Raiders knocked off the Lakes by 1 pt and then 2pts during the regular season. Both side finished out of the 5 but did enough on the last day of the season to aviod relegation.
Mawsons have lost mid Andy Carr to West Croydon while adding a few blokes from all over the place.
Houghton lost star mid Wade Vandermoer back to Pooraka aswell as Dolan and Kamenic. But have been boasted with new coach Brenton Klaebe and what he has brought to the club in his own son Dan Klaebe aswell well as a few young blokes looking for better oppitunites to play a grade footy.
The ruck and midfield battle is the key to this one with Cam Schutz and Mccammon going head to head and McMurtrie, Davis and Keetch against King, Kennett plus some of the new recruits.
Novosel will be dangerous as always up forward and will need a good match up.
Being a bit bias in this one i think we can get the points and get off to a great start to the season.

Houghton 15pts

The management of Santos thank you.
by old farmer
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Flinders University vs Adelaide University - 12 points
Mitchell Park vs St Pauls OS - 30 points
Prince Alfred OC vs Adelaide Lutheran - 24 points
Tea Tree Gully vs North Pines - 42 points
Para Hills vs Central United - 48 points

Para Hills by only 48 ????
by old farmer
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're battling. :([/quote]
Battling. Yeah and I just won 21 million dollars on the weekend. ;)[/quote]We've lost about 30 players from last years squad. Added about 6. Would average 15 on the track.

We're battling, by definition.[/quote]

I think the game may be up now Morrell. Mitchell Park to second favorite for the flag behind Para Hills i think.
by old farmer
Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

St Pauls field umpire best reserves umpire we've ever had. Kudos, sir, kudos.

Should be umpiring much higher....

Don't normally but the umpires in Para Hills. V CUFC were the worst I've ever seen, and by a long long way. Players literally had no idea what the f*}k was going on

You are playing Div 7. Get used to it.
And what was that about a tissue
by old farmer
Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't normally but the umpires in Para Hills. V CUFC were the worst I've ever seen, and by a long long way. Players literally had no idea what the f*}k was going on

You are playing Div 7. Get used to it.
And what was that about a tissue
BANG BANG!! :lol:

Nah, no bang bang. If you play div 7 then you get the last picked umpires, so you will cop that week to week. We were in div 7 not so long ago and remember the frusatration some weeks.
Also i just don't think you offer someone a tissue when you just had a sook yourself.
Thats all.
by old farmer
Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some posts showing you guys as less than perfect get deleted = special treatment
I deleted the posts and replies to them at the request of the author.
Sorry, no special treatment for Houghton, I'd do the same for anyone.

Am i wrong here, but couldn't he just delete his own posts if he was the author ????
And also, deleting the posts about the Houghton coach but leaving a page or 2 about a new Fitzroy player does look a little like special treatment. Hope i don't get a ban for this, it is only an observation.
After a post has been quoted by someone the original post cannot be deleted

No problem, wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clearing that for me. :D
by old farmer
Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:Pigliacelli kicked 4 goals, not Page.

Blame the guy who puts your scores into the system then, he's the one who entered it like that ;)

Chris Pike, old biddy getting sloppy in her old age lol - she stuffed up the B grade last week too :lol:

Maybe we did enter what was on the sheet FC. ;)
by old farmer
Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Carey, why you delete that pal?

Just thought better of it this morning that's all.

Always apply the 24 hour rule, especially when drinking. :drinkers:
Bloody hard to stick to, fail all the time. :lol: (Zarton, You'd know this rule too)
by old farmer
Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so which Ingle Farm poster couldn't keep his hands off HIMSELF on saturday night. Put on quite a show for the boys. :shock:
by old farmer
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's still bed ridden I think - I am popping over tonight to drop some stuff off so will update. And agreed HBF, footy wouldn't in his (or our) thoughts atm. If he plays again, great, but it would likely be next year I would say.

Crippling blow for the footy club as he is just about our best player but as everyone has said, not about the MPFC at the moment.

and yeah insurance people have been contacted - our policy covers 50% of out of pocket medical costs - which is great, but doesn't help a guy who is a casually employed labourer pay his power bill or mortgage.

As a self employed tradesman, i can highly recommend income protection.
by old farmer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. Angle Vale
2. Sacred Heart OC
3. Ingle Farm

Is now

1. Angle Vale
2. St Paul's OS
3. Sacred Heart OC
No fair!! I wanna be top 3! How can I go about earning back our spot?

I'm sure we will make another appearance Zarton. I want to hear more about why SPOS have jumped to second. do tell.........
by old farmer
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |