Search found more than 1510 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

The people that have got the chop should have been culled years ago.

A main reason for the failure of the last business, and the hell I endured everyday was those people.

They all got a three month chance and none of them took it. They spent more time complaining about being held accountable than actually do their job.

One reveiw brought up how much time one guy (@Booney s mate) wasted making coffees, and the first thing he did after that meeting was walk to the kitchen and make a coffee.

It didnt go unnoticed.

The people that do the right thing get looked after. The people that dont and complain about it can go somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
by HH3
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Big fella at work has scrapped the coffee machine at work recently and reverted to instant, he makes himself a cuppa and then decides to go relieve himself and leaves his cup on the bench in the kitchen.

I thought I'd add 3 more heaped teaspoons of the Blend 43 in his absence.

He has a sip upon returning, looks down at his cup then takes another sip before shrugging his shoulders and returning to his desk totally unperturbed. The payoff will be when he makes another one and thinks it tastes a bit weak.

by HH3
Mon May 03, 2021 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Picked a 2020 Ranger Wildtrak up on Friday.

Not too shabby.

by HH3
Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lightning McQueen wrote:I hear the question on Will and Woody at times, what is the male equivalent of Karen?
Probably Colin

by HH3
Wed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you get some good customer feedback.

I don't deal directly with builders, thank fully, as most of their macho, dick measuring contest bullshit doesn't fly with me, quite the opposite in fact, you won't get anywhere with me if you're a prick about it. Unfortunately most of my customers deal with that on their client side so it rubs off on them.

More often than not we get a watered down version, I'll cop that, but only to an extent and very rarely do we get positive, even if we've done well, feed back.

I went the extra yard recently with a customer to get them out of a hole, he's just replied with a cracking thank you and a lunch date on offer as a thanks for the work I put in for him. Good to get some positive feedback for a job done well instead of the constant negativity most of the industry suffers from. Last time I got positive feedback, I got it printed in the front of our catalogue.

by HH3
Sat May 29, 2021 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Winter trips to Edithburgh.

The parks basically empty. The delightful hum of a mobility scooter motor to raise you out of bed.

A coffee on the deck while you watch guys struggle not to jack knife their trailer trying to back the boat down the boat ramp. Commentating the whole thing to the missus, different voices per character and all.

The mostly empty bistro, where you can listen to the old prick on the next table tell the other old pricks where hes driven his camper lately.

The tradie in the cabin next to you audibly argue with his Mrs on the phone while he has his 8th dart of the night on his deck.

Ah, the serenity.

In all seriousness, it was a good time. The grey nomads are my spirit animals. Also took the Ranger on the scenic drive and hit up the brewery in Minlaton.

Already thinking about the next trip.

by HH3
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Fortunately Im in the opposite situation.

Was with one company for 9.5 years, way underpaid, ran the whole place while the owner slept in his office.

Was looking for a way out and so was the owner. He ended up selling to a larger company, who came and recongnised the work I was doing.

Two years since the takeover, Im earning over double what I was, driving a new car, looked after very well.

We've doubled the Adelaide branch turnover, while reducing costs and can only see it getting better.

Theres a lot more meetings, reports, etc. But I see the value in most of them and theyre not "could have been an email" meetings. If they are, Im respected enough that I can voice my opinion and be taken seriously. Its a nice change.

These guys told us when they took over, if you do what we ask of you, we'll look after you. Theyve definitely delivered on that.

by HH3
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Get to Cape Jervis at 11 for 12 noon ferry to KI, only to be told it's cancelled and they can't get us over this week.

Full refund, thanks.

Keep an eye on your bank, will be back in a week or two.

FFS. Was going to over for a weekend when I got the Wildtrak.

$600 just in ferry fees can get effed.

Went to the Flinders Ranges instead for $400 all inclusive.

by HH3
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Car and return for 2 people was $395, you all think that's too steep?

Sent from my wood fire heated chateau in the Barossa....you f**kin peasants!!

by HH3
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

Check out the ReDriven youtube channel.

He does a review on a second hand Cruze. From memory, not great.

by HH3
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

I nearly had to update my worst car driven. Hired a base model MG last year when we were in Darwin for a trip to Litchfield. I thought the Chinese made piece of junk was going to shake itself to pieces on the 130km section of the Stuart Highway.

So the 120Y still wins, but it was close.

That said, then got an MG HS in FNQ the week after and it was surprisingly good. Still had one of the worst auto gearboxes, but drove well as part from that.

I didn’t specifically hire either MG, just got assigned them by the car hire lottery. I travel a lot for work now and have Avis Preferred. Normally I get the best available car, so Renault Kolios or BMW X3, etc.

A couple of times I've been given an MG and can agree, they are the biggest pieces of crap on the market.

To the point that I will cancel my car and walk to Hertz if Avis try to give me an MG.

This week I had a Sorento in Melbourne which is actually very nice. Mrs HH3 has been looking at them so this was a good test run.

by HH3
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |