Search found more than 3300 matches

Return

Re: 2013/14 NFL Season

Jimmy_041 wrote:I've gone for St Louis (or have I? ;) )

you probably haven't, because you probably forgot to enter all your tips in again!
by Johno6
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 60 Greatest cartoons of all time

Harvey birdman : attorney at law?
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Having the office to myself and cranking some tunes on my last day before a 5 day weekend.

I'm thinking beer about 11ish. :lol: :lol:
by Booney
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:I am going to...

only coz I don't like changing my tip and getting it wrong.

I might put money on chargers instead lol

All aboard the Colts everybody! :lol:
by valleys07
Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

I like the way you can see the subforums on the front page

But you're 42 Brod...how can you possibly use this forum?...its for the YOUNG!!! GET OUT!!! ;) :lol:

Oi, your on my shit list now, 42 is not old ;) :lol:

Sorry mate. Are you gonna be around the CLG A's for season 2014? Ill buy ya a beer after the game to apologise

Might even serve you that beer
by Brodlach
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep exactly the same, they have all their catalogue specials as well on line

They charge $10 delivery because we chose a premium time slot, it was between 6.30pm-8.30pm tonight, they arrived at 6.41. Normal prices are about $8.

The delivery guy and girl brought the shopping in and put all the bags on our kitchen bench. We just unpacked it. They took eftpis on deliverey.

The initial first shop takes a tad of time but now we are set up we can set a standard shopping list and then just add the extras we need. The other good thing is during the week if we run out of something we can add it to our list midweek, save the list and then order when we are ready to order later in the week.

The total cost also accumulates as u go so nasty shock when u get to the check out if your on a budget.

Also if they have a product out of stock (we had 3 star mince) they upgrade it at the same price as the lesser quality (we got a four star lean mince)

They send u an email the day of the delivery if there is any products they are going to upgrade. You can email back if u would prefer not to get the product rather than take the upgrade.

Whole prices from doing the online order to unpacking was 1 hour at most, which was done at 10pm at night with the wife, a milo and a piece of cake

Really good first experience, will definatly be shopping on line next fortnight
by whufc
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

As far as I'm concerned if the users don't like it, Diss has every right to tell them to piss off..

A bigger bunch of ungrateful little whingers I have never met in my life.

You are whinging about something that is free for you to use. Despite the ever increasing cost of maintaining the webspace needed to keep this place running, no one has been asked to cotribute towards it by membership fee.

Does anyone email Facebook to tell them their changes are crap?

Didn't think so.

So I'm not quite sure why you all think you have the right to dictate what this page should look like here or tell our I.T nerd guru that a page he's spent hundreds of hours on for YOUR benefit is crap - because you don't have that right. DIss has been open enough to take what constructive feedback he has on so that EVERYONE can enjoy this site.

and what pisses me off even more is that most of the people whinging barely have 1000 posts to their name, or have only recently joined. You know what? Try looking at the same page for 8 friggin years and then getting used to a new page, like several of us are.

Seriously, unless you can all be constructive and make suggestions as what you'd like to see, I'll help Diss hold the ******* door open...
by Footy Chick
Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had dozens of replies and messages with "shit" or "I hate it". I'm tired of them. Simple as that.

I have NO PROBLEM with people giving constructive criticism and if you look through my posts I've done nothing but listen and take it on board. It's far from "someone not liking it so piss off" at all.

I tested this with moderators and various users for a month. I've tested it myself and made a billion changes and modifications. Late nights a-plenty.

So forgive me if once in a while, I really don't care for someone giving something that isn't constructive.
by Dissident
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I haven't moved for 3 hours.

I keep hitting the "like" button. I did it quickly to start with, took a little break had a drink and came back. I started hitting it again but it wasn't ready.

I want to "like" it again.
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Polec to Port (Finally!!!)

in a complex 3 way trade involviing GWS and Brisbane, we have sent pick 14 to GWS (brisbane has given them pick 29) and 34 to the Lions, Port will recieve Polec and pick 45 from Brisbane and pick 21 from GWS, and Brisbane recieve pick 22 from GWS and will send them pick 29.

It's good to see the deal go through finally, but I really do hope Polec is worth all the hassle.
A shitload of hassle and hype around a bloke who's only played 16 games in 3 years in an ordinary side.
Get his off field indiscretions and attitude to training on the right track and he may well be worth it.
Until then though.......
by Spargo
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

But she was up to her neck in merchandising.
by smac
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.

Not quite. While the Crows might be a souless corporate entity, at least Port are a real club and the rivalry with the Cows is also real. Nothing about Football in NSW is real, it's all fake. That's why the Football World are quick to try on such myths as the 'no dickheads' policy and the 'bloods culture' or people in Melbourne would be just as disinterested as your average Sydneysider as soon as the Swans lose a couple of games on the trot.

GWS have no fans and Swans fans only get excited about the Giants because it gives them yet another leg up. Even Sydney couldn't give a stuff about the fabricated derby.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

You'll need drive to succeed.

But you'll really be going somewhere.

I'm sure you'll deliver the goods.
by smac
Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that talk with their mouth full or chew in your ear on the phone. :evil:
by Footy Chick
Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Ain't a selfie you beardless ****
by Q.
Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Washington have 4 shots at a TD inside the 10 yard line to tie the game and fall 4 yards short. Gave the ball back to the Vikings on downs. Game over. Vikes win, HH3 changing his tip pays off.

:finga:

:lol:
by valleys07
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

we're the millers... thought it was good... Jennifer Aniston, like a fine wine...
by woodublieve12
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

A lady at work complaining about me because I sent an email asking whoever spilt the milk all over the kitchen to clean it up. Apparently that’s bullying because I already knew it was her from checking the security camera and could have told her discreetly. I didn't even name her in the email. Never mind it is the third time she’s has been told to clean up her mess, the first two times she was told discreetly. Now I have to apologise to her.
I'd be tempted to send out and email saying something like, " I hereby formally apologise to xxxx for criticising her in an indirect and non-identifying way for not cleaning up the milk she had spilled in the kitchen."
by Psyber
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2013/14

Johno6 wrote:Im on Broncos -7.5
so one of us will be happier today

broncos up 10-7 atm..

The johno curse will come into play surely :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Tell you what no wonder people tee off @ North Haven on these forums. The amount of shots @ rival clubs and individuals that come from certain people (not all) associated with Havens on these forums is a disgrace and I'm amazed the club puts up with it.

Dark Night and HH3 are the most regular north haven posters and wouldnt of thought they'd be doing this. After all the crap Murnane pulled last year (constantly going out late friday night getting drunk and lying about it, lying to the coach about overseas holidays etc etc and worst of all not performing at anywhere near the level a paid player should be) then so what if the boys get stuck into him.
by superlative steve
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rite-Price Grocery

I don't mind Rite Price I go there every few weeks but never for serious shopping (meat, veggies, milk etc) , most people know that though. Soft drinks, sugary lollies, chips can hold up alright even if 6 months out of date. I bought a pack of jelly beans once for 50c that was six months out of date and didn't taste any different to the full price $2-$3 you get in the supermarket.

From time to time they also sell American soft drinks like 12 can packs of Dr Pepper, Tab etc for $10.

If you notice this can you let me know. Dr Pepper is the greatest drink in the world. GoLo near me has 2ltr bottles for $5, but its the UK made Dr Pepper, which I think tastes different.

True it does, the US one is much better than the Dublin one. They had a shitload of those 12 pack half slabs for $10 about 3-4 months ago of all kinds Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Cherry, Tab, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Mountain Dew Code Red, Strawberry Fanta but pretty much just Tab and regular Pepsi's left now.

If the Dr Pepper's ever come again I'll let you know.
by Gozu
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?

He is, but's let us not forget just how precious professional athletes are.

Poor souls, all that money to stay super fit and do what they love, travel the world, barely put their hand in their pocket for anything, ever and then on top of that they have to tolerate being "booed" from time to time. Not because the public want to "boo" them as such, but there's no chance of scaling the ivory tour to actually speak to them so "booing" from the terraces is the only way the public can voice displeasure at comments they have made during those ever so tiresome 15 minute pressers.

Oh how my heart ******* bleeds.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The same dickheads that yell stupid things out to cops crying over the cop saying something back. Expect to be treated the same as you treat other people.

Scumbags annoy me.

I can't help but see the irony in that story- reporting a cop that you swore at for swearing at you.

Ok maybe we live in a world where the "customer" (using that term very loosely in this case) is always right- but what gives any customer the right to use expletives to people trying to do their jobs, regardless of their competence levels, and get sensitive when the occasional person gives it back?

If the officer went on a power trip over this guy and hurled abuse- I can see merit in the complaint.

Ok- perhaps the officer went overboard with some of the things he said, but he is only doing what 99% of us WANT to do when a "customer" gives you the sh!ts....

Pretty simple in this case really- wear a ******* helmet and no dramas- rule is there, follow it (petty or not!)- simple.
by valleys07
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cyclist has a point, why don't the police go catch some actual criminals. The law requiring cyclists to wear a helmet is total ridiculous. The only person that is going to be worse off if the cyclist doesn't wear a helmet is the cyclist in the case of an accident. Its their own fault if they crash. If people want to take the risk and not wear a helmet it should be their choice not to.

Like it or not though, the law is the law, and we all have to abide by them.

But seriously, how ******* hard is it to wear a helmet?

Just like wearing a seltbelt, pretty simple yet people still refuse to do it. Some people will always want to be rebels .
and should be prombtly fined...

The worst one who complain are the ones who get speeding tickets, bitch and moan bout revenue but there is a simple way to avoid it...

Great work by the copper in the vid. There job is hard enough, they don't need d*ckheads like these making it even harder...
by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A young ventriloquist is touring Norway and puts on a show in a small fishing town. With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blonde jokes.

Suddenly, a blonde woman in the fourth row stands on her chair and starts shouting, "I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype Norwegian blonde women that way? What does the colour of a woman's hair have to do with her worth as a human being?

It's men like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community, and from reaching our full potential as people. Its people like you that make others think that all blondes are dumb! You and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, pathetically all in the name of humour!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blonde yells:

"You stay out of this! ........I'm talking to that little shit on your lap."
by locky801
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give way to anyone who's front bumper is in front of mine.

Isn't that the rule?

At a zip lane, yes.

So if someones beside you, but a little bit in front, and they start indicating to change to your lane, you just continue to stay at the same speed and not let them over?

No mate- because that half a second advantage that you get by staying infront of that person will have a huge impact on your ability to get to your destination on time...
by valleys07
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no problem letting people in - if they indicate sufficiently and if there's enough space in front of me (but, if there's not enough space in front, they're generally not going to indicate for any great length of time and just take the spot anyway).
Sufficient space is more than a car's length .
In Melbourne the rule was you let them change lane in front of you even if they were only very slightly in front.
In any big city, there will never be a "more than a car's length" between cars so nobody would ever get to change lanes without there being the expectation that you will drop back when someone slightly in front indicates the need to do so.

That rule, and the attitude of courtesy that goes with it, is essential to drivers being able to get anywhere in heavy traffic.
If you don't drive that route everyday you are mot going to be able to anticipate which lane you need to be in kilometres ahead, and you need to be able to change lanes when you see the signs.

The one thing that has annoyed me on my return to SA is the lack of that courtesy and cooperativeness in traffic here.
There seems to be an SA culture of deliberately obstructing anyone who wants to change lanes regardless of how far they are in front.
by Psyber
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would let them across if they have given plenty of indicator warning.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I see the indicator, I let them in. Doesn't bother me as the time saved from not doing so is next to nothing and keeps them out of my grill.
by OnSong
Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
HH3 wrote:You said something about something very sexually graphic.

can you please write it word for word? ;)

Something about Dick Ulcers.....

by Johno6
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:that Brad dudes killing it in tipping this week. Good on him

He's a flog.
by Spargo
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

HH3 wrote:I've heard from a source that may or may not be reliable, that Mawson Lakes are offering money to players that probably shouldn't be earning match payments in any div.

I have no idea if this is true or not but if I know the source you're talking about its definitely unreliable!
by The Dark Knight
Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:You're not helping.

I just got off the phone to Mum. Tried to sweet talk her into giving them to us early but its a no go.

sounds like my wife... :lol:

it sucks :(

not sure if the wife deserved to be called 'it' mate ;)
by the big bang
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

:lol:

Look too young to own my own house apparently :lol: :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard last night of a couple of handy recruits to North Haven for 2014 with the return of Matty Eagles and former Rosewater and Paskies forward C. Mattner.
If NH are to keep their squad from last season which were not far away from finals, with the addition of these 2 guns they should be pushing Glenunga (who have also apparently recruited well) for flag favortisium.
Yes i know its only December !!

Yep we've just placed our order for Premiership t-shirts
by superlative steve
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double standards- really grinds my gears...
by valleys07
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now you can all see why I was gloating at being on the top of the table around the 3rd round :oops:
by Jimmy_041
Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pick on one of us pick on all of us
by bubba love
Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

OnSong wrote:
GWW wrote:Well, that didnt last long.

My wife said the same thing.

Your wife had sex with GWW?
by Johno6
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

lol, shit work just got real busy
by Johno6
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Asked my missus to marry me last night....and she said yes

you what?!?!?
did the other day mean nothing to you!

after all we have been through.....

I am getting that tattoo removed now asap!

also congrats mate, nice work.
nervous times even tho you know they will say yes
by Johno6
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Asked my missus to marry me last night....and she said yes

Congratulations mate, thats great news.
by Brodlach
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

*jealous face*

Just at home. Im totally not romantic (Believe it or not), and had roses delivered during the day for our 3rd anniversary.

She was stoked with that. I couldnt afford to take her anywhere coz Im broke from Xmas stuff, so after about half an hour of doing normal after work stuff, like feeding the cats, I said "Oh yeah, I got you something else. It's only small though". Then I got down on my knee and did it.

and then you gave her the ring after that.....

thank you thank you, im here all week
by Johno6
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats HH3- all the best to you both!
by valleys07
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |