Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

[quote="Panther32"]I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!
I hope he is ready to cop it!!![/quote

Media reporting he has cried to the cops! if true He's deserving of a bigger don't argue!
by ball breaker
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Do Compass rely heavily on recruits in A grade? Rest of their grades results are very poor.

I think all clubs in the Great Southern rely on recruits.

Understand that however Compass seems to have a huge gap between A grade and their other grades.
Last two seasons their reserves have finished the minor round in second. Played Willunga first round here who are arguably the yardstick for all grades outside of A, so cant read into these results too much yet There are a number of other clubs in the league who struggle with their lower grades.

The GSFL is not immune to what has happened in other country footy leagues. We have seen in recent times the likes of Yank, Pongy, Compass and Creeks, struggle with junior numbers. Even Strath has struggled !!.

The townships of Willunga, McLarens, Goolwa, Victor and some what the Bays (although they clash with Victor for numbers) have the population base.

Correct me if im wrong but the Bays junior or senior colts team won a flag in 2018 with the assistance of juniors from Yank or Pongy. I apologise if this isnt correct.

The league is lucky it is geographically close to Adelaide otherwise clubs would fold / merge.

So yes .... clubs need recruits to bolster their team. Ive looked at the Compass list their core players are actually very good local footballers.

I am sure if u look over previous premeirship teams u would find the same has occured.
by ball breaker
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |