Search found 604 matches

Return

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

You Am I and Spiderbait.

Memorial Drive

Saturday March 29

Starts at 7, just after the Showdown. Can't wait!
by RustyCage
Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dan Worrall the penis enthusiast

**** me, it's one of the worst dick 'drawings' I've ever seen. Worrall really cocked it up, and now he's going to have to cop it on the chin.

Have you ever tried to draw a cock and balls with your foot before? ;)

No, but I've drawn one with my mouth... a mate's bucks night game.

We don't want to know that you've done a cock with your mouth before
by RustyCage
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

daysofourlives wrote:Can we just wind this joke of a club up?
They have had all day to sack Hird

Seeing they had a game last night, I don't think sacking someone who isn't even in the country was top of the priority list
by RustyCage
Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Absolute domination by NSW in the final, worthy champions. Cricket in this country wouldn't have been as good as it was in any era if it wasn't for this one state, they just keep producing
by RustyCage
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

I don't remember the lights being this bad at the Port v Glenelg trial game las year
by RustyCage
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

It's great seeing ads for Port v Norwood being shown during the footy. Great coverage for the comp
by RustyCage
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

They should bring back those old guernseys!
by RustyCage
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

I'd say put anyone who you hear about dying that others may possibly be interested in hearing.
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

kickinit wrote:The crows thinking they will do their first home game at AO better then Port Adelaide. Probably going to give away apricot slice and offer free knitting classes.

They've trained a real crow to fly in and land on it's handlers glove. Hours of fun for everyone
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Do Port have Thunder Power come on his handlers glove?

if he gets that far

by RustyCage
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

The Crows need to work on a 3 quarter time chant

"19th Man, don't go home, don't go home, don't go home...."
by RustyCage
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Failed Creation wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:bacon, cauliflower and leek soup 8)

I wasn't even close...

You got the bacon part right ;)
by RustyCage
Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Formula 1 World Championship

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10247245_10152376473182071_2196392286423142659_n.jpg

http://media.speedcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Ayrton-Senna-claims-his-final-GP-win.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/268/c/f/roland_ratzenberger__brazil_1994__by_f1_history-d5fvaq2.jpg
by RustyCage
Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bakeries that don't have the types of pie listed on the pie warmer. I don't eat them enough to know them by the markings on them, and the middle aged Asian ladies behind the counters never speak good enough English to really tell you
by RustyCage
Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

I find him one of the better ones
by RustyCage
Fri May 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Hardwick could be in trouble...
by RustyCage
Sat May 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Having two Port Adelaide players in my classroom today, Kane Mitchell and Mitch Harvey. I think I was more excited than the kids were!
by RustyCage
Tue May 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Hello, Ted. How was your day?
Bloody shambles, of course!
by RustyCage
Tue May 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Riveting games so far this round (unfortunately).

Scheduling Geelong to play on a Thursday night after 3 6 day breaks is just plain dumb.

I don't subscribe to that 6 day crap. Collingwood managed a 15 goal win with a 6 day break. It seems like another excuse and media beat up. If a professional athlete can't recover in 6 days I,ll change my name to Vanessa Stickycrutch :shock:

Wedgie, can we make this name change happen please???
by RustyCage
Sat May 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doc Neeson gone

Such sad news. Even though the news was grim I was holding out that there would be some hope of a positive outcome. A true legend of Australian music, will be sadly missed.
by RustyCage
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krispy Kreme opening - yada, yada, yada.

Tried KK once while in Melbourne. Never again. Overrated.
by RustyCage
Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - live scores, results & general hoo-ha.

Leigh Matthews spends all his time defending the umpiring, even when it's a blatant wrong decision, like the Suckling/Waite trip

Obvious trip, if the tackle didn't end up taking out his feet, the Hawk player was off and running down the ground as the "tackle" didn't do much more than ruffle his guernsey
by RustyCage
Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

Sounded on the radio like the Eagles put up a bit of a contest.

So, is the Irishman getting deported? if there is any video then it will be withdrawn.

Video looks pretty damning. If he doesn't know how to play football then he can **** off till he knows how. He's already sooked off home once hasn't he?

If you call going home to say goodbye to his dying grandfather 'having a sook' I feel sorry for you
by RustyCage
Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

So Clinch got three more matches than Flynn for, in the tribunal's own judgement, exactly the same conduct? High contact, intentional and high impact just FYI, both exactly the same.

Discuss.

Clinch's was a hell of a lot worse as he hit Newton on the top of his head. Flynn's was a side by side bump.
by RustyCage
Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

gadj1976 wrote:Opposition coach asked for a headcount yesterday.

In Under 6's.

Hope the umpire told him where to go
by RustyCage
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Amazing win by Krygios, lost the first two sets, and saved 9 match points in the 5th to defeat Gasquet :D
by RustyCage
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Caption time!

Smug tony.JPG
by RustyCage
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A student who is almost non verbal just called me a c#%^. I was proud of him!
by RustyCage
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

We could use another TISM song, "I might be a c... but I'm not a f... c..." Which has the line of "I might barrack for Port Power but never for the Crows"
by RustyCage
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

After being two games clear on top you'd want to finish top 4 really.
by RustyCage
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get what you deserve Rusty ;)

And after how we handled the wet against the Crows, and how we tried to play dry weather footy on Saturday night, we deserved both losses. With how we kicked for goal in the last three quarters against the Crows (5.13) and against Essendon (7.18), we deserved to lose both games.

I don't think we've dropped off as far as some people think. If we fix up how we play in the wet and stop overusing the handball and hand balling to people's feet, and actually put it through the big sticks, we look a lot better. Improving the former two improves entry to the forward lines, making fixing the latter easier. We still have Wines, Boak and Gray dominating in the midfield.
by RustyCage
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hows things going off field for the Power? Kochie and Thomas are apparently going great guns???

Can see the excuses starting now....SMA are ripping us off just like the SANFL with Adelaide Oval....of course despite Port agreeing and signing the contract.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ian-collins-predicted-port-adelaide-would-go-broke-in-three-years-under-adelaide-oval-deal-20140710-zt3a3.html

I'll assume for one moment you read the article.

Where it notes pressure was applied to Port's board to remove Thomas as his continual questioning and challenging of the stadium deal began to get under the skin of SMA / SANFL officials is even more reason to keep the man in charge. So to answer your question, in some regards, yes, Port Adelaide is doing very well off field.

It has also emerged that Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas was under pressure through 2013 to retain his job so fierce was the animosity from the SANFL - which then still held the licences of both the Power and the Crows - as Thomas continually challenged aspects of the Adelaide Oval contract.

The Power board was being pressured by the some key SANFL players to remove Thomas despite his strong relationship with the AFL, successful football appointments............

So for the first time in a while Port have a man in charge who stands up for his club.

Then it seems both clubs, although unhappy with the deal, reluctantly signed into the agreement on the eve of the AFL season. Now I know the knockers out there, like Dutchy, will say why, why sign into something you are not happy with?

Can you imagine those same knockers if the two clubs had not signed the agreement and Adelaide Oval was either laying unused or the clubs were forced to play at Footy Park this year without any agreement in place.

Signed at the 11th hour in March 2014, both clubs only agreed to terms on the condition of a mid-season review of the agreement, which will start on July 18. Adelaide and Port Adelaide remain disenchanted at the financial model and concerned the agreement was reached in haste with the AFL determined to complete the deal on the eve of the season.

Seems as though Andy D would have made life very difficult for both clubs if his biggest achievement in his time in charge went unfulfilled as he wandered off out of the job.

So let's all take a deep breathe, wait for the review which will clearly have the AFL pushing for a better deal along with the clubs and then see where we go from there.

So Dutchy, it seems Port and more so Thomas and Koch did what they could to improve the deal but succumbed to the pressure of the agreement deadline and signed on with the premise of a review midyear to establish what future direction the deal takes.

Thomas is doing an excellent job and so too is Koch.

Reading the article and letting a dislike of Port cloud judgement in every port related post are two separate things
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Siren!"
"I don't think it's gone, Ray."
"Holy, Jesus."
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Other International Cricket

Aus a v India A. Chadd Sayers ended up with 5/84 at 2.8 an over, knocked over both openers plus numbers 3,4 and 5, great bowling
by RustyCage
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Hughes on 98* as Aus A are 0/189. Doolan on 81*
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Hughes 100* and Doolan 91*, 0/202 as players leave the field with a rain delay
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Spargo wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Carlton a sneaky chance tonight?

None whatsoever.

You lost to Brisbane. Carlton are better than Brisbane. Carlton are a chance.
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:reduced sleep
anger management issues
liquid lunch

can only result in entertainment!

Edited for accuracy ;)
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Smyth's Magarey Medal viewpoint..

Stick to basketball Phil
by RustyCage
Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Red Rocket wrote:Pathetic crowd, better roll out the tarps.
Cant wait to hear all the excuses from the front running Port fans

What crap.
by RustyCage
Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Give the ABC $1,000,000 and they'd probably do it!

How many times to people have to point out, the production costs $1m. Guess it doesn't suit your argument that the world is caving.

Shows you what a great deal the SANFL had before then doesn't it, we pay the ABC $70,000 for a million dollars worth of costs.

Guess it doesn't suit your argument that the AFL reserves teams can cure cancer though.

The ABC's coverage did the comp a disservice by the pathetic commentary and absolutely dead atmosphere created by there being zero crowd noise coming through the mics. At least channel 7 have commentators who call what happens on the oval not what they think happened.
by RustyCage
Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Nope, people involved in the club from both sides of the oval know how the club works and the history involved. It's not rocket science
by RustyCage
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Yeah Land of Sunshine was definitely a highlight
by RustyCage
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |