Search found 604 matches

Return

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Agreed, he isn’t young, but his spot in the team is the most fragile. When the leadership group and coach tell you to do something, you’d feel obliged
by RustyCage
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - predictions, live scores, results & shit canni

Marshall continues to excite me greatly
by RustyCage
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Sayers playing his only Test
by RustyCage
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to know....

JK wrote:Did anyone think Missy Higgins was a bit alright to look at, at times?

Yep, still do

by RustyCage
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 confabulation

Idiot Collingwood player, “I think I touched it so I’m going to just run and tackle the player who took a mark”
by RustyCage
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Every time I watch Port play I think why do we have these great forwards and do nothing with them.

The opposition move the ball into their forward line and we all run back to clog it all up and then there's a turnover so we all run forward hoping the ball goes over the top and we run on to it. Sure, it might work for a few rounds until the niggles start setting in or for the first quarter and a half of a game but it's been proven that it can't be maintained for a full season.

Get big Chuck up near the goal front, have Robbie or Chad around his feet and go froward with some purpose, not sure how many times we see a forward thrust only to hit a wall and go sideways or backwards to dispose of the ball with any chance of efficiency.

Player for player Port are as good as or around the mark with most teams, perhaps they should try and expose this and have each player try and win their position, I get exhausted watching their game plan, it forces me to drink.

Simply put, our guys aren't good enough by foot.
Instead we kick it into space and back our speed in to get it. The kick over the top to space doesn't need to be as accurate as the kick to a leading target.
I dislike the game plan as much as the next guy, but in some respects we've been forced into it due to our lack of skills.

I guess that's why we also go with 1 tall, that spends time in the ruck (Dixon), and 8 HFF/FP's (SGray, Neade, Amon, Wingard, RGray, Boak, Thomas, Motlop) - Granted a few of those are running through the middle at the moment, but it does feel out of wack. mmmm nah.

Our effective disposal % is ok 72.3 - actually higher than Geelong. Clanger count is also reasonable. Most of our guys are pretty good kicks.

When we suck is ... Contested marks (dead last) and i50 conversion.

Forward structure, system and method. In other words.

How many times did we lead and kick to the pocket? We took 4 (!) marks inside 50 on the weekend. 4!

We push our flankers and pockets up to break even in the middle. Leaving the opposition with numbers behind the ball. We then have to try and bomb or lead wide because there is no space. We even try the old Lade / Burgoyne trick of forcing the ball out instead of kicking to a contest to then take advantage of ... our.... elite.... RUCK

This is what I mean by structure and using a method that matches the demography of the selected side.

It’s easy to have a decent disposal efficiency when we chip it backwards and sideways as much as we did
by RustyCage
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:Melbourne - look no further than the coach.
He’s a fraud.

Press conference was a shocker, just copped a 50 points loss and was saying they went OK!!!

About as insightful as a Ken Hinkley press conference
by RustyCage
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dirty dozen - Round 12

valleys07 wrote:5AA at the moment :lol:

Did you hear Josh? Thought he was about to have a breakdown!
by RustyCage
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

carey wrote:Crows losing to Freo :lol:

Heave Ho!
by RustyCage
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Team of the Century

Bring PhilG out to umpire?
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:Cripps has re-signed

Poor bugger!
You guys are going to break him

Stockholm Syndrome
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best way to start a weekend!
by RustyCage
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Looks good. Where is that?

Stansbury Caravan Park
by RustyCage
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

whufc wrote:
another grub wrote:Protest 2nd v 1st

It will be a pity if lawyers have to get involved. Surely the SANFL can get this right

If it does get changed all that will happen is North will get their lawyers in and appeal.

Maybe it can drag on for a couple of weeks and the sanfl gf can be the week after the afl gf again
by RustyCage
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Just make a decision FFS
by RustyCage
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that you rate!

Staying at Stansbury and getting up for sunrise this morning

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181005/d3d25dff3bc95215597750fb91712dc6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181005/2757d0e3392e8ec186c148f88415d213.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181005/6243f151a4ea596e582b157cb7462b68.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181005/f1e8f01894485e115194891cbd2e3e20.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181005/e7cd813fd1f3a89012dc8ad218928429.jpg
by RustyCage
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Labuschagne doing ok with the ball!
by RustyCage
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Can’t wait! Been 5 years since they’ve played here. A DM show is unlike any other you’d go to, highly recommend
by RustyCage
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cover Hits for better or worse

Jealous Guy - Roxy Music

by RustyCage
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Carey drops du Plassis, could be costly
by RustyCage
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RHCP - Adelaide 500 after race concert - Sunday March 03
by RustyCage
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

So somewhere in the middle of Lake Bonney is a fish dragging a fishing rod around behind it!
by RustyCage
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Up early and out for a walk, cool but calm and no rain, Pearl Jam "Ten" blasting through the phones.

I find walking early in the morning very enjoyable
by RustyCage
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Did we do well tonight? I’ll tell you in 5 years time
by RustyCage
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

Brilliant innings by Ferguson. Wickets falling around him, trying to bat to save a match, steps up when no one else did
by RustyCage
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dropkick Murphy's tonight at HQ, absolutely brilliant gig. Top setlist, they did Famous for Nothing, probably my favourite song, Bar Room Hero and the big one, Tessie! Can't believe they played it, seeing it live is for me, incredible.

The best gig I've been to in recent times, even got to quickly meet and have a photo with lead singer Ken Casey as he hung around to meet people and have photos with after the gig.

Yep, brilliant show. No such thing as a bad Dropkick Murphy’s show. Was standing to the side of the stage and watched Tim Brennan move seamlessly between guitar and accordion, damn the guy’s good.
by RustyCage
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with Mark Waughs thoughts about Heads dismissal
The ball was there to hit, just didn't execute properly
Thats a technique fault NOT a brain dead F******d shot as some suggest.
Of course we're all disappointed when the Sth Aussie fails but batsmen on this pitch are on a hiding to nothing.
Potter around and leave every ball and dont take risks and dont score b4 getting out to a jaffa and everyone bags them for not playing positively.
Play positively and get away with taking a few risks everyone applauds their efforts but get out doing that you're a twat.
Cant have it both ways.

I do agree with that, but when the opposition set a trap for you with a plan to put a fielder in a certain spot and bowl in a certain spot with the hope you’ll hit it down the fielders throat, and you go and do just that, that’s stupid batting. I don’t care if the ball was there to hit. The ball was there to hit with the hope you’d be dumb enough to hit it
by RustyCage
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Get Slater out of the commentary box....
by RustyCage
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The weather for Boxing Day. Not for here, that’s irrelevant. The important Boxing Day weather - Melbourne. Partly cloudy and 32 degrees.
by RustyCage
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:Who has time in the morning for TV?

If you have time to watch 10 minutes of morning tv then you’ve set your alarm 10 minutes too early
by RustyCage
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still done a fair bit on the tennis circuit. Has won $17 million, a Grand Slam, 13 singles titles and 36 doubles titles. Most people don’t get close to that.

I’d be happy with that.

I’ll take the $17 mill, you can have the rest!

Unfortunately for her most people only watch and remember her for her Aussie Open performances.

Lucky for Hewitt they don’t hold him to the same Australian Open standards. A losing final once is all that separates his AO results from hers
by RustyCage
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

150 up for Head. Keep going mate, make it a big one!
by RustyCage
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

RustyCage wrote:Sam, you poor bastard....

Ok yeah, saying she is fat and needs to get out of bed early for a run, they can have each other
by RustyCage
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“Dave from Alberton” not just getting an off the cuff mention during the live reading of a Port ad by David and Will, but they then went on and used his full name [emoji1787]
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that make you laugh

Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:“Dave from Alberton” not just getting an off the cuff mention during the live reading of a Port ad by David and Will, but they then went on and used his full name

Best get that bloke on the payroll I reckon.

They’d be crazy not to. Hell, if KG can get a pay check from them, anyone can
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Work on a Friday is always more enjoyable when the Crows have lost on a Thursday night
by RustyCage
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Frustrating game last night. We had more than enough chances, especially in that second quarter where the likes of Westhoff, RobbieG and Ebo butchered it in front of goal. Once we got in front that was it, we stopped and it was all Brisbane from there. Rozee all class, Butters played very well again though will come under scrutiny from the MRO, Boak’s brilliant form continues, and SPP was great. Wines was a liability in his first game back, DBJ made some very costly errors, and losing Rocky in the third hurt us.

A game we could and probably should have won, only have ourselves to blame that we didn’t
by RustyCage
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lunch at Cascade Brewery

by RustyCage
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

Love that the AFL are now including players from other leagues who bravely fought https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190423/067d544594a52a27a864174416a9a8b9.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190423/2f73f8db6868e411f3504892d65ed75a.jpg for our country overseas. The Bob Quinn story is an amazing one, both as a player and a decorated soldier.

From https://web.archive.org/web/20140227191609/http://www.portmagpies.com.au/newsarchive.php?mnth=4&season=2008&news_id=269

“Warrant Officer Quinn was ordered to take command of the 10th platoon and blow up a barbed-wire barrier and attack an enemy post from which a machine gun was inflicting heavy casualties...To blow up the barbed wire they had to jump out of a trench and lay a Bangalore torpedo, an explosive charge placed on the end of a long, extendable tube. Under an unrelenting hail of fire, Quinn looked at his men in the trench and told them they were probably facing death, and how he would lay the last pipe, the most difficult of all because it was the closest to the machine gun. One by one, Quinn ordered his men to jump from the trench and place a pipe under the wire. Only three of the seven came back. It was then Quinn's turn, and he was hit by shrapnel which put a hole in the top of his right thigh, but he still put the last pipe down, which ultimately made this crucial mission successful. On his way back to the trench, Quinn picked up a wounded mate, and was hit again, this time in the face, prompting another to say: "Hell, Bob, half your face is blown away." Quinn responded: "Any change would be a … improvement."
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weekly Quiz Nights!

If you haven’t been to one of these nights they are a lot of fun
by RustyCage
Wed May 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

With how poor the umpiring has been all series, why did we waste our last review? That last LBW was absolutely plumb and the umpire is incompetent for not giving it, but that’s why you have reviews.

Hats off to Stokes though, absolutely amazing innings
by RustyCage
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Lehmann 107no

Knocking on the door for national duties.

Knocking on the door for state duties maybe
by RustyCage
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Marshall has put on a lot of muscle this preseason. A good sign
by RustyCage
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide 2020

Inside the old canteen under the Alberton scoreboard. Would be many a year since you could get cigarettes at the kiosk of an SANFL ground
by RustyCage
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

The plan was to lose 10kg this year. Just 10.3 to go...
by RustyCage
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |