Search found 174 matches

Return

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.
by beef
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

Just when i thought a thread could last without mentioning port/crows sanfl dribble. I was wrong
by beef
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Could be worse. Div 3 didn't even get printed unless I just missed it
by beef
Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Heard a few salis west boys might end up at kilburn. Guess they want to learn the hard way.
by beef
Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Why will no team come up from div 7 or down from div 5?

Kilburn to div 3, Salisbury to div 5, luthiers or woody south to div 6

Anyone?

Why should Salisbury, Lutheran or Woodville South have to move down to accommodate Brahma, one of the architects (along with SW, MP, Kilburn) of the League's present problem?
I'm not against anyone coming up with an idea to have a chat about, but I'm confused as to why you think we should we go from Div 3 down to Div 5?
March 1st trial form, clearly we should be begging to drop down Pag.
by beef
Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

They've had enough favours, maybe they would get a nicer draw in their correct division
by beef
Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Leaving for work 10 minutes later than normal this morning, thinking that it was school holidays and there'd be no traffic on the roads.
shouldve just started school holidays this week anyway. My kids had a pupil free day tuesday leave early friday (being last day) so do a big 2 1/2 days this week before two days off. Pupil free days give me the sh1ts.
by beef
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Steph Curry named MVP
by beef
Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Would have like 3 bodyguards ands leave after 10 minutes lol

I seen him having a few frothies at Golden Grove one day, seemed like a decent bloke.

No one attacked him with a rolled up magazine?
by beef
Tue May 12, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Divison 4 Tipping

Congrats Zedman

Final Results

Zedman 62
Beef 61
Carey 60
Junior Coach 58
Dark Knight 57
by beef
Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

How can sailsbury finish top in the 2s and have to play away then hope valley get a stand alone b grade final and at 2:15 absolute stupidity for mine !
I knew we would be at North Haven, their A grade being top were always going to get both games. Hope Valley getting a home game is stupid (should be 12.15 at Eastern Park in my opinion). If it stays the same then teams that finished 2nd 3rd and 4th will have had a home game but not the team that finished 1st.
by beef
Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

i dont understand how all you clubs have already counted the votes and revealed the winners?

How did u host the event?

Was it even a club event at all?

Or just a quick hour after training the boys sat around after training for few bevvies and that was it? :shock:
They all just looked on sporting pulse, only the winner showed up
by beef
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

No one cares about the games this week, all anyone wants to know has the great Pag got his spech written for tomorrow night? Cant average 35+ uncontested possesions a game and not get the votes. Will his votes tally be higher than his tackle count for the year?
by beef
Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to North Haven in the B grade. They were the best side we played all year and the Grand Final was another good clash. As much as the club cops it on here they seemed like good blokes and should be proud of their performance this year coming up a division. Also hope the bloke who decided to head butt our captain is ok and all forgiven after he apologised to him and myself in the rooms later. Now the hard part of going back to work tomorrow.
by beef
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Big Shrek wrote:I only just found out tonight, last year when Kilburn had to forfeit to Salisbury, we had to pay them $3700 including apparently $1200 for strapping and $750 for lost canteen sales. Jerks.

Maybe don't forfeit an A grade game and it wouldn't matter.
by beef
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Both teams should definitely be wanting to go up. Both had a year to try and prepare to go back up after last year, surely that was the goal at the start of the season. All clubs and players should want to play as high as possible.
by beef
Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

Div 2 will have 15, div 4 will have 15. No teams in div 3, no one wants to play there anyway
by beef
Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Boosh wrote:
beef wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:it could mean they're nominating for 2 c grade comps.

ok, didnt know that was an option

I am sure if Salisbury can pick where their A Grade plays we can pick where our C Grade plays ;)

People more important than me make those desicions wether i agree with them or not.
by beef
Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

get him back in the raider colours Q!

he would haunt Div 6..doing whatever he wants whenever he wants..

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATESTNEWS/LIAM_DAVIS_LEAVES_THE_LEGS.aspx

I'm tipping he will challenge himself at a slightly higher division
If he wanted a challenge he would've stayed playing as a forward in Norwood's team. That is a massive challenge.
by beef
Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Never works in my opinion. A grade coaches playing B's, B grade coaches playing A's. Only way it can work is if the coach plays in the team they are coaching.
by beef
Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I heard from North Haven official that 4/5 A graders had reitred. Dont know names though.
The great Boosh ?

Summerton, Duerden, Mooney, Burridge and Kolbig.

All will be playing either B or C Grade though.
Mooney & Burridge played in the B grade grand final anyway. Its always good when A graders "retire" to the C grade. Helps to have them on the field rather than just at the bar or gone altogether. Gives some youngsters a shot in the A grade as well.
by beef
Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season

Dont worry about the history of the league or anything. All of Gaze's scoring records and Al Green's 71 will never be beaten playing 8 minutes less a game. Fans are given shorter games and until this season given inferior talent and still charged the same for the experience. No wonder the league nearly died.
by beef
Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Melbourne are the big winners in this. Melksham wont be able to play for them
by beef
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

RustyCage wrote:Krackour is a lock in, and you'd thing Mitchell would be the other

Thats it, Essendon have gone to far now. If Kane Mitchell gets to play AFL football as a result then the EFC have a lot to answer for
by beef
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Dear SAAFL, please fixture Unley v Goodwood for round 1. Please and thank you, both Unley and Goodwood.

Pretty sure the league don't draft the draw based on forum requests . Not sure what basis apart from geographical either as I can't imagine you have crossed paths before. Unless someone going to pull out some 1956 stat.

I think most teams would rather Goodwood at the start of the year as they tend to peak at the other end of the year. Grand Final rematch on April 9th might help me wash some of the GF sadness away :(
There has been a change in procedure and this is the prefered method of fixture requests
Apparently this works, the fixture on sporting pulse shows this as round 1
by beef
Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:can Brahma Lodge stay under the Weekly Budget ?

Certainly can.. by not declaring payments and handing some brown bags under the table :lol:

They all play for love out there, thats why they have stayed with the club over the years. Very loyal bunch
by beef
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies if this has already been asked gang but I've only just got round to doing my annual scout through the clearances for all the clubs I'll be playing this year. Do Edwardstown have no clearances in or haven't put them in yet?

Looking forward to a great year and playing at some new ovals. Think i'll tick off:

Eastern Park Hope Valley
Edwardstown
North Haven
Pooraka
Westminster
Salisbury

How Exciting!
Dont know if i would use exciting to describe playing at Eastern Park. Entertaining maybe.
by beef
Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree on EP, will be Top 2 IMO.

Been a bit quiet down at Salisbury way this off season.
Salisbury will struggle, bottom two.
B&F trying to play SANFL
Lost about 10 players from the GF team
Pag has ballooned out after a massive off season in Europe
All signs for a bad year, havent even lost the first trial yet.
by beef
Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Player records

Went on saafl site for the first time in ages and looks like they have uploaded every game played for each club from 2005 - 2011. Dont know if going back any further but good to see something.
by beef
Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven't seen the team sheet from saturday but i doubt Hope Valley would be trying to qualify A graders for their B's in the last month of the season when their A's were trying to avoid relegation. You normally get 1 or 2 guys with a permit but normally isn't the difference between winning and losing finals
by beef
Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing .. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!
WOW. I've played and lived in the Northern suburbs my whole life and don't think anyone i know would do the same thing. Just because you can play footy doesnt make you a good bloke. Hopefully he never plays in this league again.
by beef
Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clearly Paget, hasnt played on an opponent for 3 years. The only thing worse than his playing ability is his punting ability.
by beef
Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His football ability has nothing to do with the conversation. No one is saying he's not a good footballer.
by beef
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Can see it now...

Jacobs taps down to gibbs

Gibbs long kick to menzel

Menzel plays on weeves turns snaps to eddie betts

Betts is spoilt but recovers gathers ball on boundary big snap on goal

It rolls through! What a goal to carlton i mean what a goal to the crows!
Be a strong SANFL side that week. Only way Menzel would be involved in that is at SANFL level. More chance Kris Massie or Andrew Eccles getting a game at AFL level as ex-blues
by beef
Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stuff Gibbs, if Carlton cant get a deal that wins for them, make him sit out of football. I'd rather have nothing for a season than seen as an easy target from other clubs with trades. If he (or his missus) want to go home to mummy he should've thought of that before signing 5 year deals.
by beef
Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bit like Dean Gore when the Crows got him in the Danger trade last year
by beef
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

BZB27 wrote:
beef wrote:I hear Trinity have a new coach. Ex-Salisbury A grade coach

Which one lol

Couzner, been A grade coach for last 3 seasons. Think he is an old scholar.
by beef
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

I hear Trinity have a new coach. Ex-Salisbury A grade coach

Which one lol
Couzner, been A grade coach for last 3 seasons. Think he is an old scholar.

Reckon any Salisbury blokes will travel up Main North Rd with him, seeing as he has been part of the club for 12+ years.
I'm sure he will ask the question (wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't). Might be one or two but wouldn't think too many. He gifted pag a B&F last year so may be he will.
by beef
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

AFL will fund it. Just another example of the AFL directing funds in the wrong areas.
by beef
Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by beef
Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas Day 2016, how are you spending it?

BZB27 wrote:Going to KI to spend a week over there at the inlaws place, fishing bit of a swim and a bbq is the go...

Probably just take the ferry
by beef
Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

morell wrote:Ian Pryor now, ex Ingle Farm gun, joining Para Hills.

Price wound in to $1.05

Obviously what you call a gun is different to me, handy player but far from a "gun"
by beef
Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Bombers4EVA wrote:
beef wrote:Are Eastern Park banned from playing home games this year for a few weeks? That may take away a few wins as they are almost unbeatable at home

Every team is beatable on any given day. I've played there before and beaten them.

That's why i said almost
by beef
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our League has a new name!

Kernahan has done some work in this area
Around 60% of junior footballers don't go on to play U18's
Maybe the AFL should address that with their $Bn instead paying more to the current players
But girls are playing so pump the dollars into that and put our head in the sand about all other leagues and age groups.
by beef
Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

His football ability isn't being questioned, so his awards listed above are irrelevant in my opinion
by beef
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Should be suspended just for the tramp stamp.
by beef
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Congrats to Salisbury legend David "Gus" Mcinnes on playing his 350th game tomorrow. Only the second player at Salisbury to reach 350. Had the pleasure of playing with and coaching him many times. Is the ultimate club man with his kids now playing at Salisbury as well. 4 premierships and a few B&F's. Clearly the best ranga at the club. Also Jay Mansfield and Justin McPherson playing their 250th.
by beef
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy

The 15 year old in question has applied to join Adelaide Footy League as a goal umpire. We had another 15 year old that helped out in the C Grade join the league as a goal umpire earlier this year and has been umpiring senior men's and women's men's games. So if they can join the leagues umpiring ranks at 15 then I have no problem using them. FWIW, he normally shares the boundary duties in the A Grade with the lad that done it yesterday and we have an adult goal umpire as a regular. He was away this weekend. And it's not like we don't see dispute over goal decisions on a weekly basis with older goal umpires. And with some goal umpires that other clubs have, I have no problem with our boys and he done a great job yesterday. He will probably need to get a bit thicker skinned if He wants to go down the umpiring path.
Best goal umpire i ever had at salisbury was probably 13/14 years old. With a last name like Capogreco he always called it by the book. Don't remember him ever being in tears after the game, in fact was probably our leading goal kicker a few times.
by beef
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best team of the 21st Century

I actually agree with Morrell. Archer was able to get everything out of his ability. Very good player/clubman etc and i'd love to play with him but he wasn't an elite footballer. Also picking Tredrea over Brown. Tredrea early 2000's were amazing. Brown could probably dominate a single game better but Tredrea was so much more consistent.
by beef
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23

Dont know why they cant release these at the start of the season with the week off after finals now
by beef
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |