Search found 176 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Imagine how much Jenkins would've got if he didn't accept such a low ball offer.
by beef
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Tips/thoughts for tomorrow?

D6
Elizabeth v Brahma Lodge
Ingle Farm v Trinity OS

D6R
Elizabeth v Ingle Farm
Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS

Gut feel is Elizabeth will comfortably account for their opposition in both grades, and if the weather stays clear then Ingle Farm could be too potent for Trinity OS in the elimination final.

On the larger Rowe Park, reckon Trinity OS will beat Brahma Lodge as well - suspect they'll be too quick and fit, and will expose the older legs of the Tigers. Plus their forward line which i'd guess will host Barker, Krieg, Schaper and Catanzaritti will be very very difficult to match up on.

Week 2 could look like:
D6 - Pulteney v Elizabeth
D6R - Pulteney v Elizabeth

D6 - Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm
D6R - Ingle Farm v Trinity OS
Trinity will win easily tomorrow in the A's. Ingle Farm wont kick 6 goals

Big statement from Beefy why you think this ?
A lot back in for Trinity and their game style will hold up making it very hard to score against
by beef
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Didn't Ingle Farm have too many players on the ground in a final fairly recently? Amazing how easily mistakes can happen.

Would only take a game where this guy came in as a late change but they forgot to update the online team. He might have actually played the 4 games.
Heard he did actually play 4 games but his 1st game was played under a different name because his clearance hadn't come through yet. So they actually cheated in that game as well, couldn't imagine they would use this in an appeal.
by beef
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

We're new to the league and are learning some of the nuances with finals fixturing which for the first two weeks has been fairly logical. We have copped an interesting one this week with our C3 Prelim being played at GG despite GG's A & B grade playing a Prelim at Seaton. Supposedly GG were given a choice because their C grade didn't play triple headers with their A & B grade all season. Still a bit strange that GG would create a separation but I suppose that's their business once given the choice. But can someone explain to me why the Div 4/4R/C4 Prelim Finals are being played at 3 venues. I realise they involve 6 different clubs but wouldn't playing at least A & B grade together create a better finals atmosphere at Dwight Reserve rather than just the one game particularly with the home teams in B & C grade (Salisbury and Modbury) being not that far from Eastern Park. It just seems a bit sterile for the 2nd biggest game of the year not to the mention the same situation at the other 2 venues. Or am I missing something and is there some other reason why this has occurred?
Been happening the last few years. I agree with you that it should be at Eastern Park. Money making for the league to be able to sell more home finals. Stand alone B grade and C grade games are stupid.
by beef
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

I guess that was punishment for the drugs saga
by beef
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

On Behalf of Pooraka Football Club just like to thank Kenilworth Football club for putting on a great day. BBQ was pumping and tasted great the Coffee guy they hired heard was top notch but sadly must have sold out by the time A grade started.

A grade congrats to Glenunga top side all year Pooraka worked hard and going into half time 3 goals down thought we could run over the top. Glenunga came out and kicked first 3 and at the start of the final term we were 6 goals down bit of a blow out towards the end but while not winning will hurt the players going into Div 4 is a nice reward for the hard work also.

B grade Lockleys congrats on making the G.F to come from 4th and beat Blacks and CBC who during the season were both top 3 sides is something to work on. Pooraka B grade work rate was top notch worked hard as a team and the hard work we done preseason paid all 3 games against Lockleys have been top notch the score line does not reflect how intense our games actually are...

robb stark played well!

bulls reserves were very, very good and kudos to them. .won the flag in div 4r 2016 so the form said they would be a tough nut to crack..similar to pulteneys 2016 res team in that they were very classy but they do play different styles of game..lfc just couldnt get a clear winner up forward and the bulls defence ran the ball with good hands back into their attack countless times..inside 50s were 40/37 lfc way..

A grade game went to script i would suggest..just to many options with height in attack for the rams..pooraka were brave throughout the whole finals series and didnt deserve a 71 point loss..but thats footy..glenunga ended up being to good for the division..they are destined to keep rising in the ranks you would think and they will be a very strong team in div 4..congratulations to brian, pitto and their players..
Lost the GF to salisbury in possibly the worst game of football i've ever seen. THink it was 2 goals each in very good conditions just a bit windy
by beef
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

Go to the GF, you can have other kids, very unlikely Richmond will make another GF in your lifetime. How's footy trip??
by beef
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

I think the bottom placed side (North) would beat ROCS fairly easily. Think there is a massive gap, it might be closing but its still a big gap. A lot of div 1 sides are made up of blokes who didnt make it at sanfl level with a handful who did make it at SANFL or even AFL in some cases.
by beef
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion and Relegation

How stupid, stuff up 2 divisions so teams dont have to travel 45 minutes 4-5 times a year. Bring back the CDFA.
by beef
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

With me not knowing a lot about the league which 2 teams make way to whittle these 12 clubs down to 10 next year?

Mawson Lakes
Houghton Districts
Mitchell Park
Tea Tree Gully
St Pauls OS
Adelaide Uni
Central United
Flinders Uni
North Pines
Prince Alfred OC
O'Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale
Marion
Prince Alfred withdrew during the season and probably Adel Uni or TTG as they are C grade sides. Not sure if North Pines have numbers but that comes up every year
by beef
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Booney wrote:4 days from Xmas and clubs still signing and recruiting, they knew there was an off season coming, yes?

It's a bit harder for sanfl clubs these days when everyone wants to be a top-up player. Most SANFL don't get to recruit via the AFL draft of trade period
by beef
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

Won't solve anything, like all trials both side will have 48 players unavailable. Houghton will win this, Full strength TTG would win easily.
by beef
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Rubbish performance but luckily no real damage done
The damage was done when you forked out for Sanchez, its disrupted your whole side.

Liverpool away next for Spurs, with Liverpools record against the top sides Id be happy with a point!
Spurs will beat Liverpool. Liverpool always lose to the small clubs
by beef
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Rumour is Mundine has quit also
Tomic & now Mundine..... who would have thunk that! Just another thing those 2 have in common....
Maybe "reality" tv is scripted and they were always going to "quit"? Getting everyone talking about it and ratings will be good. Only thing that matters
by beef
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Rumour is Mundine has quit also
Tomic & now Mundine..... who would have thunk that! Just another thing those 2 have in common....
Maybe "reality" tv is scripted and they were always going to "quit"? Getting everyone talking about it and ratings will be good. Only thing that matters
If what you say is true. Wouldn't it be better "For Ratings" to have Mundine and Green there as the final 2 in the jungle??
Maybe Mundine and Tomic could only commit for a set period. I think the whole thing is manufactured to get what they want, eliminations, trials etc. Wouldnt be surprised if channel 10 already know who wins
by beef
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

MW wrote:I think in a 7 game season, draws should not exist. It's too damaging for both sides. Play extra time, they only play 15 min quarters anyway.

Next score wins? They could still be playing
by beef
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

SANFL TV Schedule 2018 on Seven (18 games plus finals)

Rd 1 - Port v Adelaide
Rd 4 - North v Norwood
Rd 6 - South v Central
Rd 8 - West v Adelaide
Rd 9 - South v Port
Rd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide
Rd 11 - Norwood v Glenelg, Port v Sturt
Rd 12 - Glenelg v Eagles
Rd 13 - Norwood v Adelaide
Rd 14 - Sturt v Norwood, Adelaide v Port
Rd 15 - Central v Adelaide
Rd 16 - North v Adelaide
Rd 17 - West v Port, Central v Norwood
Rd 18 - Sturt v West, Port v Central

Ok, nearly right. Only 3 out of the 18 rounds don’t involve the two Reserves

60,000+ members for Adelaide and 55,000 plus for Port Adelaide vs around 2,000 or so for each SANFL club, why wouldn't you try and appeal to the larger market, isn't that what TV is about, ratings, exposure for sponsors etc?
Slow down Booney, no one wants to hear common sense on this site. AFL is the devil, just listen to the 20 same posters on this thread who say so.
by beef
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Iggies with a good pick up in Daniel Girdham from imperials. Just walked in off the street asking for $0. Can seriously play if commits to a full year due to his business commitments.
He must really like the club culture if he just happened to be walking by and pop in for a kick and a can of coke. Seriously though. If you're that good and it's Div 2. Fair chance he'll be on some sort of payment.
Didnt want any money as he's not sure what his commitment will be with work and actually is happy to play for free. Outrageous that that a good player will play these days for free when people with half his ability are running around in div 6 or 7 getting 100's a game.
by beef
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Sutherland said it well #5stars

and whohoo! we wont have to listen to davey warner for ++years, this is actually a great thing for australian cricket lol
And Warner won't give a shit because he will earn 10 X more travelling the world playing T20. As far as i'm concerned he is 100% behind this and the current culture in the Australian team. #1 flog in Australia (ahead of Kyrigios, mundine & tomic) will probably be on im a celebrity get me out of here in a year or two. Lehmann is one shit coach if he had no knowledge of this.
by beef
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

That didn't take long.
by beef
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

I would've preferred a proper quiz with footy nerds seriously competing for prizes rather than what they dished up. Turned on the mark off after about 40 seconds
by beef
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

[quote="Brodlach"]16th v 18th. Great promotion of the game[/quot
Pretty sure when the draw came out they AFL didn't know it would be 18th v 16th
Probably wanted to give Western Bulldogs a Friday night game against an opponent who can bring a crowd. Richmond Essendon and Collingwood just played, perhaps they could give them NM and get 25000 to etihad. Do Carlton deserve it? NO, but they normally get a crowd and thats all the AFL care about.
by beef
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017/18 NBL Season/Boomers

The Cairns Taipans have announced they've signed Mike Kelly as their new head coach. Kelly just won an NBL championship with Melbourne United as an assistant coach and has also been an assistant as both Townsville & Wollongong along with five years in the NCAA with Vanguard University & Utah Valley University. In his time as a player in the NBL he won a championship with South-East Melbourne and was a two-time NBL Defensive Player of the Year winner.

http://www.taipans.com/news/article/35960-mike-kelly-welcome-to-cairns
He should be forced to give those two defensive player of the year awards to the rightful owner. Darnell Mee.
by beef
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this the worst ?

SAFOOTY logic
SANFL is stuffed, can't get people to come to matches, clubs need to do different things
Club does "something different" and it's terrible and cringeworthy
If it happens to get 1 extra person to the game, good on CDFC
by beef
Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Another flog belting someone but lets feel sorry for him because its "out of character". Life ban with these incidents. Go take up boxing.
by beef
Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Bad drafting or bad developing?
by beef
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Wasnt sure where to put this, went and had a look at the u15 State Schoolboys GF of SA v Vic on Saturday at Thebby. Few interesting names in both teams - Salmon, Long, Viska... anyway the highlight for me was Isaiah Dudley, what an outstanding talent, I see he goes to Salisbury HS, where does he play his junior footy? Anyone here seen him play?
Played u/16's at Centrals this year and actually made the state u/16's team that was national champions. He has now received a football scholarship from Prince Alfred College. If he grows a bit will be an unbelievable player. Tells you all about how good he is as well.
by beef
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:[Congrats to Scott Balchin and Chris Koenig for winning our B & C Grade B&Fs respectively for this year, and Amy Millar took out our Women's B Grade B&F.

Who won the A grade?

That doesn't get counted until presentation night with A grade womens. Pag will win easily
by beef
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

Surely the signs are there for you.
Lucky to make the 8 and were embarrassed on your home ground by a side that is not going great themselves. You concede by far the most I50’s in the comp and are one of the slowest sides going around and it’s only going to get worse with your ageing players. I don’t think you will drop back to the bottom 4 region but I don’t see you as a legitimate flag threat either
our list is very young... And we have some very talented... McCarten, Cameron, Alir, Florent, Heeney, Mills to just name a few. Plus we will get Blakey in the Draft who is a gun.

We had some pretty crucial injuries at sh*t times. Kennedy was a bit off this year. Sinclair (was very good this year) will have some help next year with Naismith returning. Mills will be back next year. Nick Smith, Reid. Buddy will hopefully be injury free.
Imagine where you'd be without all the academy talent. Keep making finals, keep getting top 5 talent. Seems fair.
by beef
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Pag won his 3rd B&F last night.
by beef
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

Grenville wrote:If some c*** shoved a microphone in my face at half time in a granny I'd tell em to f*** off.

Probably not when they're the main reason you can get paid $800000
by beef
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

There is a massive difference between coaching to win and coaching not to lose. End of the day it's all about winning, different clubs and coaches have different ways to win. Full time coaches, huge staffs and full time players will figure out the best way to win with their squad if it's pretty to watch or not. Players these days dont care about kicking goals or looking good, its been coached out of them now since u/15, all about your role and how hard you work, how much pressure you put on. Teams that do that best win.
by beef
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bubba love wrote:Where else has he signed?

I seen Portland on Facebook so it must be true.

Facebook & SAFOOTY, must be true then. 2 most reliable sources out there.
by beef
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Shiel to carlton
Eh?

I agree, Eh? what have we got to give up, that isn't pick 1
Swap Pick 1 to GC for 2 of their first round picks, then forward these picks to GWS for Shiel.
So essentially Shiel for pick 1 - No deal
I'd trade 1 for 3 & 6 and give them 6 for Sheil and keep 3 - dont think it would happen anyway
by beef
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

[quote="MW"]They're both grubs. The worst is Ingram...fake tough guy[/quote]
Just described about 95% of the NBA
by beef
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

After being told by the Dogs (for the second time) he is not required, Ben Nason has signed with the Eagles.

This will be his fourth SANFL club, starting at Port, then to Central, Glenelg and now Woodville West Torrens.

One of the nicest guys you could meet and just wants to play footy at the highest level. Will be a good coach.
Deserves any success he gets. Could've easily chased bigger and easier money in country/ammos. Hopefully kicks 5 against centrals next year even if he doesnt get a tackle.
by beef
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Chasing an elusive reserves flag?

Pretty sure he's already won one of those. Better than chasing a div 7 flag
by beef
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Maybe clubs should be more accountable when it comes to allowing these sort of people to coach juniors.
by beef
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Pretty sure academies have priority. Fair enough for him as if he had to choose i'd think he would choose sydney as he already lives there, trains with them and father works for them. Not a fair system until ALL clubs have equal access to academies
by beef
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

RustyCage wrote:Did we do well tonight? I’ll tell you in 5 years time

All clubs are happy with their picks at this stage.
by beef
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Will be unchanged or M.Marsh for Handscomb
by beef
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Holland to Salis North C Grade is the mail around town... teaming up with his old buddy Barnes up forward.
Barnesy wont be playing footy, no chance.
Put money on it?
I think I should, his legs are rooted and he'd have to pay two rego's.
Salis Nth would be a good fit then. Only play about 5 or 6 games before some F wit gets them kicked out again anyway.
by beef
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

This conversation is way too intelligent for the Port Adelaide thread.
by beef
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I’ll have to take your word for it! ;)

I can’t believe ‘guys’ actually watch that shit!

You've never watched it but you can judge it and us? I get it :lol: :lol:

Spot on ;)
I hate all those reality shows.
I f they do a nude one I might watch but until then.............. :lol:
SBS do one called Adam seeking Eve or something like that. Eve is normally no good at all
by beef
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Unfortunately Hannath had plenty of opportunities but just didn't perform!
Templeton is a gun, when fit, decided it's time to go from the rigours of SANFL training & who can blame him!

Not sure he decided - more told there's no chance of league footy so moved himself on.
by beef
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was looking at the NEAFL website in's and outs list and noticed two centals players lining up with the NT Thunder this year.

Ins: Clint Gallio (Millicent/Southern Districts), Trent Melville (Tea Tree Gully/Nightcliff), Jeffrey Simon (Tiwi Bombers), Dylan McLachlan (Southern Districts), Dean Staunton (Southern Districts), Ben Taylor (St Marys), Jack Hannath (Central Districts), Adam Tipungwuti (Tiwi Bombers), Kieren Delahunty (Minyip Murtoa/St Marys), Jess Budarick (Big River Hawks/Nightcliff), Jacob Templeton (Central Districts), Michael Bowden (Southern Districts), Nathaniel Parades (St Marys), David Johnston (Darwin Buffaloes),

Outs: Cameron Ilett (retired), Darren Ewing (retired), Ryan Smith (retired), Sam Smith (ACL).
and you're correct, two reserves players who, despite having HEAPS of talent, couldn't make it consistently at league level, Templeton mainly due to persistent injuries.
Jack Hannath is a big loss despite what all the Roy lovers will say. Lost Fort and recruited 3 ruckman who i think are lesser players than Hannath. Templeton never really given a shot at league level as a midfielder.
by beef
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

DOC wrote:I now think that James Harden is the best basketballer I have seen.

Think you need to watch A LOT more basketball.
by beef
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

The annual "Carlton fans saw some goods signs" posts roll out.
Hope when Port lose to Melbourne that you don't comment that Rozee or Butters look ok or any other positives. Did Carlton win, No? Look better than last year, yes (for 2 quarters). Does that mean they will win more games - who knows after 1 game against a team that would be hoping to win a premiership.
by beef
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

1 game in and there's a brawl in the forum already, nice start :D

Amber #closetportfan
Booney #closetcarltonfan

I love Carlton, they entertain me endlessly. Bit like Glenelg.
Carlton and Port very similar
Talk about all their premierships from old comp
1 each in AFL competition
Trying to hold on to history
Desperate to be relevant now but stuck in a vicious shit cycle
Both have dud coaches
Both sides can book holidays for september
by beef
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |