Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's <span id="adtext_8" class="adtext">claiming</span> if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I just think it would b a shame if one of these players left our footy club to go play somewhere under the false pretence it will improve their chances of getting a go @ sanfl level, after CBC has put a lot of time and effort in2 these kids. I have confirmation from the said sanfl clubs coach that it will not be a deal breaker & performance on the training track & games is what will decide if they get a game or not.

I have always heard that the League clubs encourage the players not getting a game to play at a D1 or D2 club. Makes sense really. If I'm a reserves coach, I'd want the guys not getting a game to be playing at a similar standard competition in the mean time.

Trouble is some SANFL clubs pedal this and the player will listen to this even if it not true. Also agree sometimes it might be better to play div 1 or 2 but lot of the kids will be won't make "a" grade at a div 1 or 2 club and will end up playing in the reserves at that club. If this the case they would be better staying at there home club and playing "a" grade football even if it is div3.4.5 and they will be noticed - Josh Glenn from Elizabeth is good example of this.
by Demon Juke
Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Make them stay and let them cop their whack, if club's haven't learnt from Kilburn about being financially sustainable then continually letting them off the hook isn't going to achieve anything either.

We've all won a wooden spoon at one time or another, it shouldn't be the end of your club if you have good people within it.
by Pag
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |