Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: What will happen first...?

Wedgie wrote:Let's hope never. Interstate sides make a GF boring , 2 would be awful.

2006 West Coast v Sydney
2005 West Coast v Sydney
2004 Port v Brisbane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Sharksta
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2014

Signing my divorce papers & forgot to change pendlebury to VC so he's now locked in as captain. Here's hoping he has a big game.

by Sharksta
Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

From Hird's Statement...

"At no time in the 2012 season did I believe any Essendon player was exposed to any supplement or drug that fell outside the WADA, ASADA or AFL code. Two years since the end of that season I still do not believe any Essendon player took anything illegal. No one has shown me any evidence that would lead me to believe differently."

If that's the case defend the show cause notice or produce evidence to the contrary. Pushing forward on technicalities to avoid the actual issues just prolongs a matter that everyone wants to see the back of & further evidences Hird's narcissistic tendencies.

by Sharksta
Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

I was dubious when Clarke took over as captain as I wasn't sure his record supported him gaining that honour. His performance since taking over the role has certainly put paid any concerns I had. Both his captaincy & batting have been terrific. This week however has shown beyond that what a great individual & leader he truly is.
by Sharksta
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite League 2015

Darksiders 2256
League rank 326
by Sharksta
Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

League Ranking 378
Darksiders 2462
by Sharksta
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Darksiders. 2292 League 338
by Sharksta
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

As a Queensland resident - the NRL system is a basket case that you really don't won't to replicate in any shape or form
by Sharksta
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Good article

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/need-to-be-inspired-by-walsh-20150715-gid8ux.html

Especially liked this

She and her daughter had in fact sneaked in to the Adelaide Oval two Sundays ago when they realised some 20,000 football fans had turned up to a non-game to pay tribute to Walsh.
by Sharksta
Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Darksiders 2513 league 193
by Sharksta
Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Brisbane is the only club in the non traditional AFL states with no retention allowance of any type. It has the worst facilities in the league & has been lobbying for govt support to assist in changing that to little or no avail. In contrast there is already $100m on offer towards facilities in Townsville for the Cowboys. AFL news here makes it to about page 7 of the sports pages & is well down the order on TV news.

The club has put a big push into junior development through its academy program to generate a local talent pool. The first time one of the academies produced a top line talent in Heeney for Sydney, Eddie jumped up & down about unfair advantages & the system was watered down & negating some of the benefits of local development.

I'm not a Brisbane supporter but living here & following the AFL you can't help but see the challenges.

I'm sure it's not hard to lure a player away from Brisbane with the promise of all the on & off field advantages that come with being in the AFL heartlands.

At this point Brisbane is little more than a breeding ground where clubs believe they can pluck former first round draft picks who are now 20, have 2 years in the system & have already had on field exposure, for second round picks.

Collingwood for example couldn't take both sharenburg & Aish in the first round but little to stop then saying to Aish go do what you have to for 2 years & you we'll pick you up then.

As for not picking up a kid who didn't want to come. From memory he stated he was very open to the move. Not much you can do if the players aren't telling the club the truth.
by Sharksta
Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

It's like a bad dream. Hoping the Marsh brothers win us a test match
by Sharksta
Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia vs India ODI squad

The Dark Knight wrote:A comedy of errors

None as big as India's batting
by Sharksta
Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

I can't answer that and no one can. My comment was not directed at you but anyone who does not understand the illness. Not for one minute am I saying what he did was wrong or right but for people to post he is hiding behind a mental illness is ill informed. Public figures who have had the guts to say they suffer from depression and were suicidal is very courageous. Fools that jump in and make conclusions without knowing a single thing are cowards. We all say about keyboard warriors but what a low individual to say he is hiding behind it.

100% agree.

Agree.

I think it becomes difficult when people use the blanket mental illness term as it opens them up to speculation yet at the same time I respect their right to privacy.

I'm sure that whufc states he's diagnosed with bipolar it shuts down most questions as it is more specific than "mental illness". Same as myself in having suffered from both depression & an anxiety disorder. I don't walk around with a sign around my neck but when the matter comes up it is usually met with understanding.

When mental illness can cover everything from addiction, depression, anxiety, bipolar, schizophrenia etc it's a fairly broad spectrum. As someone who had the person closest to them choose not to acknowledge the illness I was suffering, I'd hope that the term isn't being used as a tool to hide behind because that belittles those genuine cases.

The problem is we all know how corrupt the afl can be & how they have big brooms that sweep so much under the carpet & there in lies the doubt.
by Sharksta
Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Doesn't sit well with me that the club can break the rules. Spend a single year without the suspended players. Keep most of them with added incentives & benefits of compensation payouts & holidays etc paid for all outside the salary cap then get the no 1 draft pick as a reward. Tough pill to swallow for the clubs who genuinely warrant &/or need the no 1 pick.
by Sharksta
Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Mahommed Amir looks to have injured his knee while fielding. Big loss for them if he goes down for the series

Back on the field and not far from bowling, obviously was just attention seeking :oops: :oops:

I reckon it "hurt" a lot more once it went past him for 4. Managed to deflect attention from how poor a fielding effort it was
by Sharksta
Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

The Dark Knight wrote:Ian Healy and Michael Clarke commentating together is intolerable.

Ian Healy with anyone = intolerable
by Sharksta
Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Stuff like that actually hurts the cause for equality imo.

This ...

Perceived political correctness is doing more harm than good... where we're worried about offending people who aren't actually offended.

As someone who has spent a lifetime involved in women's cricket, I've yet come across anyone who's ever taken issue by any of the "offending" terminology.

Let's stop creating issues that aren't there & play on [emoji967]
by Sharksta
Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 - Gawn With The Wind

F&$k you Rockliff
by Sharksta
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket restructured

Didn't mind the idea then read this ....

Sutherland said less Tests and ODI matches would open the schedule for more T20 cricket, be it international or in series like the Big Bash League.

More 20/20 cricket to help diminish the quality of test cricket & fill the coffers of the cricket administrations. The almighty $$$$ wins again
by Sharksta
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Have watched to crows all season. By far the best coached in regards to on field structure & system, as well as skills. Great win & great to see on going improvement in the standard of the comp especially with it being really driven by the young players coming through. A crowd of 53k fantastic to see for women’s sport.
by Sharksta
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danny Frawley RIP

I’m a survivor. 6 1/2 years down the track. No one had any idea what I was going through at the time - even the psychologist I was seeing. It was the most illogical logical decision fathomable. So distorted had my mindset become. Outwardly I was fully functioning. Internally anxiety and depression and shame at being in an emotionally abuse relationship overwhelmed me.

Often the terms cowardly & selfish are used. I can say that at the time it took all the bravery I could muster & misguidedly thought I was doing the best thing big my family.

Afterwards my life became a chorus of “I wish i knew” & “why didn’t you say anything” type comments. Ironically it opened up a lot of meaningful conversations with family and friends and created a new and lasting depth that can only come with openness and trust.

I spent a couple of weeks in psych hospital, discovered counselling is a lot more effective if you’re honest and vulnerable, & learnt reach out if I was struggling.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I’m grateful everyday that I survived.

Speak up & don’t go it alone. RIP spud. I wish you’d realised how many people loved you & would have been there for you if you could have reached out one more time.
by Sharksta
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

4 times tonight that Mumford has taken on the tackler, dropped the ball, no free kick
by Sharksta
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

I love my footy but the inequity of the Victorian teams staying home with familiarity of facilities and venues makes this more corrupt than usual.

by Sharksta
Fri May 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

I’m looking forward to when butters mum stops cutting his hair

by Sharksta
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:Ablett Shoulder ????
Wrist?
Classic BT “maybe an ankle or knee” as he’s holding is arm

by Sharksta
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals - Week 2

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:Do the Doggies not have anyone within their ranks to try in place of Hannan?

Yeah, Razor but he had the other game…
Stevic has stepped up for them though.

by Sharksta
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Where are we going with this, are all AFL Presidents/Board members/CEO's now meant to come out and explicitly state they support abortion? and is that abortion on demand, abortion only when health is in danger, abortion only in the first trimester??? Strange times, slightly disturbing times. It’s one thing to have one’s own beliefs which across the spectrum of the AFL would be many and varied. It’s another to be chairman of the board of an organisation which puts him in a position of power to influence many and actively promote the divisive views of the church. This presents a massive of conflict of interest in a sport actively seeking to provide an inclusive environment.

by Sharksta
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Brodlach wrote:Shut up Dermott FFS
And Dwayne. Two guys who love the sound of their own voice and generally have NFI what is going on or who anyone is

by Sharksta
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Now maybe Cameron green can stop testing stokes pull shot. Dumb cricket.

by Sharksta
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow 23 - who wins it

Yes AFL.com.au had predicted the win to Neale in the lead up

by Sharksta
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

Melbourne a great effort to finish 5th in both men’s and women’s comp and take home the million dollar McClelland trophy [emoji2962]

by Sharksta
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |