Search found 476 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Better length by England today. A perfect example of what we need to do shortly....shortly? Bad choice of word there!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great knock by Smith really delivered when we needed him, I like the look of him in the middle order.

Boof is the new messiah!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regarding the toss. Adelaide was meant to be a flatter road than the Southern Expressway and Perth was meant to be a batters dream after day 1 according to all Media sources. Please, this mob are under attack more than any other touring side and suggestions of changing the rules doesn't hide the fact that they are getting hit left, right and centre no matter where they turn and they are piss weak for Test Cricketers. This is real test cricket. Welcome to the toughest tour on the the planet and it's about time we got some balls back.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i honestly can't believe we are still talking about this... you toss a coin, you win or lose. SIMPLE. Bad luck if you dont! to have take it in turns scenario is kids stuff!
England aren't losing this series because they called tails and heads came up. they are being smashed in all facets!
by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing what happens when rain doesn't "save" a team from defeat, when DRS doesn't influence the outcome, when pitches aren't ridiculously doctored.
Amazing what happens when a coach is appointed who is a man's man. Who understands our culture, who can sort out the shit in our dressing room. A coach who's been there and freely encourages a frothy after a win. A coach who pisses off the silly rotation system.

We have an opener in Warner who can put a bowling attack on the back foot within minutes. We have a skipper who's tactics are brilliant and is a world class batsmen. Haddin is in career best form after overcoming personal adversity. We have a group of bowlers who complement each other. Harris is all class, Siddle is all guts, Lyon gets better and better and then there's Mitch. We haven't had a quick put fear in batsmen since Thommo. His head is clearly in a better space.

When we took the final wicket I was stopped at traffic lights. The bloke in the car next to me yelled "you beauty", the two young tradies opposite me were high fiving - it's a great day to be an Aussie. One could be excused if one indulged in an extra tinnie or three tonight.

The arrogance is back, so is the swagger and the chirp. But most importantly, for the Australian cricket team and the Australian cricket public - the good times are back.
by Spargo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Kallis is an absolute gun, one of the best players ever. However, I am of the belief that is one of the cases when the numbers do lie. What I'm trying to say is who is the better batsman, Kallis or Viv Richards? Stats say Kallis, I would say Richards. Who was the better bowler, Kallis or Akram? Stats might say Kallis but I say Akram.

Kallis was just a freak. A solid player in all facets of the game who as a complete package has probably only been surpassed by Garfield Sobers. But best Crickter ever? I'd say Warne, Ponting, Richards, Tendulkar....but perhaps the stats lie. Kallis was remarkable, but more for the sheer will for the contest, the ability to grind out runs, wickets and catches. He was a cricket machine. I prefer my cricketers to play with a bit more flair. I'd like all of them in my side.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

Test cricket hasn't come out as the elite form of the game, it has always been so. As for it being 'saved' it is a long way from that. If Test Cricket was saved it was saved by attacking captains Illingworth and I Chappell in the early seventies and the emergence of one day cricket.

In Australia and England Test Cricket is well attended but not so everywhere else. South Africa have the best team in the world but only around 9000 people turned up for their boxing day clash against the number two ranked Indians. Test Cricket is a long way from being saved and that's why Teeball was invented (oh and for the ca$h).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

I have read it all now!!!

Who does want to face Johnson! The object is to score runs its the first innings and there 300 plus behind

You critising a batsmen for taking a single when he had his other opening batsmen on strike.

WTF!! That is the most ridiculous post off all time on the cricket forum

Heaven forbid an opener wanting to rotate the strike and try and disrupt the bowlers length
by whufc
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

been put onto orange is the new black and veep. only watched the first ep of both but will certainly be looking for the rest. i enjoyed both immensely
by BIG SEXY
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I've been following Test Cricket since the 70s and I cannot recall a period of sustained excellence from a fast bowler that matches Mitchell Johnson's current run. 49 wickets in six tests is amazing. That ball he badged Amla with was an absolute corker, unplayable.

Every now and then he drifts back into 'old mitch' mode but Clarke seems to take him out of the attack when signs appear. Brilliant bowling and brilliant Captaincy.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Bias commentary much. Haven't mentioned Freo at all at the quarter time break. Talking like Collingwood are up by 6 goals.
by helicopterking
Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Johnson out, Bollinger In

The current deadliest bowler in the world replaced by bald fat f@cktard. Australia's chances seriously dented if this hack plays.

I have had a brief look at the qualifiers and wow, I think I saw my taxi driver from last month.

I'm not going to just come on and bag the whole thing but it is clearly the third most important form of the game and won't get sad if we don't win. I wouldn't have thought we would get past the semis, hope I'm wrong.
by wristwatcher
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

Everyone's pointing the finger but

"But former New Zealand Test bowler Iain O'Brien, who suffered with anxiety issues throughout his career, completely disagreed with Vaughan's analysis.

"Any GP would have given Trott three weeks off work," O'Brien told BBC Radio 5 live Drive. "It just so happens that Trott's work was so much in the public eye that he becomes judged for it.

"For Michael Vaughan to use those lines and those words, it does make me feel quite ill."

We aren't him. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. If it is true and he can't play the quicks then his career is over anyway. Vaughan is almost as much as much a dial a quote as Boycott, Botham or Hussain (but maybe not Warner LOL).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

When I was 25 I went through a real scary time for probably 2-3 weeks where I pushed myself to the max and it was the most scariest time of my life. It was not depression however a depressive period and my lovely Partner helped me understand this (through her studies) and I got through it without medication. I would have taken medication if not for the education and that helped me a lot.

I will never have a go @ someone who perhaps thinks they have a mental illness because the one I had short term was very very scary and that was without thoughts of self harm.....

Shithouse to say that on a public forum. One thing to say "Scared eyes" but **** me what an ignorant comment.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - live scores, results & shooting the breeze.

Umpires doing their best to keep North in it.
by Q.
Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FINALS WEEK 1 DELICIOUS DIATRIBE

ACK! My Mum beat me by six points. Still reckon that was a goal from Beams. :(

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

This makes me sad. Normally I couldn't give 2 stuffs about actors dying but it's sad to think that someone who's spent his life making me laugh was suffering so much himself.

Deserves his own thread I reckon.
by Footy Chick
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast 2014

No surprises to many but the K-Hunt has announced he wont continue at Gold Coast next season.

I'm a little heart broken, but I think his time at the Suns is probably a little unappreciated in football circles and he has done a tremendous job accepting the challenge of trying to become an AFL footballer and having some success over the past 5 years.

Phanto as a league fan you'd appreciate more than most on here how hard the transition is between the two codes. When Khunt first started up he had the huge thighs of a league man. Built to be low to the ground and piledriving into the deck to get that forward power. He did himself no favours by pissing off to France to play Rugby before starting with the Suns but once he finally got up here he did everything he could to make a success out of his AFL career.

He was smart enough to learn from the master and as time went by his body started to transform into the leaner running machine you have to become to play our great game. He had a real crack and got people talking about AFL up here so the move should be judged a success. Unlike Izzy he went into the mids and that requires a lot more running than other positions on the field. Meanwhile, the Gold Coast A League team is gone, The Titans don't draw dick and Metricon is hosting reasonable crowds on a fortnightly basis. Khunt has had a lot to do with making that happen.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2014

Finished up with 2280 after 2 donuts, a pathetic 21 from Shenton and 26 from Fantasia on the forward bench.
Enough for a comfortable win over Has Been who suffered with the late outs of Murphy and Franklin.
Getting the captain right with Selwood sealed the deal.

Congratulations to our new Premier League premier! Well played interceptor
by Hondo
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2014

Can't believe I lost the unlosable... Supercoach gonna supercoach :(

Congrats Hondo on winning the highest ranked Hogg League.
by Q.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

LMAO these bozos are going to keep Hird.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

But he could be the next Honey Badger if he was captain.
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Poor bloody bloke. Good news that things are a bit more stable.
It's a long way back to him playing cricket again, if at all.
But that's pretty small fry compared to the alternative.

Playing cricket compared to living a healthy life. I know what I'd pick. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Keep fighting Hughesy, the whole sporting world is praying for you little buddy.
by BoundaryRider84
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

they all look scared and distressed to me. I dont like seeing people look genuinely frightened

I'm with you, it's not what I want my 9 year old son to see, especially when he loves his cricket and does well at it.

He said to me Tuesday night "I don't think I want to play cricket for Australia now".

Each to their own though, I'm not one to judge others on their views.

It's weird, I have never met Hughes but this incident has hit me pretty hard, maybe the fact we are both left handed openers, same build and have an almost identical batting style (except he can bat) almost makes you feel like you knew the bloke and he was 'one of yours'

Despite it being such a rare accident being a 31 year old who is still playing the highest stand of cricket im capable of makes you start to question whether 'it's time' and how important playing actually is to you compared to family time etc etc

Almost has made reflect on the few times I have been struck on the helmet by fairly sharpe blokes and you wonder how close you came.

Also makes you think about a few things you do and say on a field, was only a month ago I was playing against an opponent and person I really despise and encouraging our quick to dig in a few short ones you never even contemplate that the outcome could be something so serious

Really sad incident for cricket in Australia with not a single positive other than the support everyone is giving each other.
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simply unbelievable.

The blokes strides out to the middle with pride, thinking that this might be the innings that gets him back into the Australian team, wearing his baggy green again. Less than 48 hours later he's no longer with us.

Heart goes out to his family, his close mates, his cricketing colleagues and without question, Sean Abbott. I hope everyone, and I know they will be, rallies around him.

Tragedy gets used too often, but this is, indeed, a tragedy.
by Booney
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really nice statement from the Hughes family

Must have been real tough for Clarke and much respect for him reading the statement on behalf of the Hughes family

Since becoming Australian Captain Michael Clarke has consistently impressed and astounded in terms of his maturity, responsibility and leadership. Legend.
by jo172
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

Do SA and NSW play for any sort of trophy?

I reckon a Phil Hughes trophy in the same vein as the David hookes one would be appropriate.
by bennymacca
Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Got home last night and my 11yo was in tears, old enough to understand what went on but to young to understand how fragile life is. Cried himself to sleep last night and it broke my heart.

We found Phil's signature on his autograph bat from last year, something for him to treasure.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

To say this has shaken the Australian cricketing community would be an understatement.
Thousands of us across the country are now on the eve of going onto the ground , with new found apprehension and lets face it maybe even fear.
I just don't have that Friday excitement as the weekend looms and cricket approaches.

But, I am reminded of something one of my team mates said a few seasons back to me.

I was standing on a ground in the Adelaide Hills , fielding at cover. It was about 400 degrees the opposition were about 2 for 9 million and we still had several overs to bowl.
I wandered over to him at point and said " This is the worst days cricket in my whole life ".
Safe to say his reply made me change my whole outlook on the situation, when he stated " No way, where else in the world can you do this. Play on a beautiful oval with 20 plus other guys who want to play cricket with us ".

So tomorrow it's about going to play cricket with my buddies and 20 plus other guys who will do the same.

Getting out onto the Gabba next week may be the biggest victory of all. Win, lose or draw.

If the boys in the Baggy Green do walk onto the gabba next week, it will be one of the most courageous efforts in a long line of achievements and to me the result will run a very distant second.
by The Panther
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad, 18, gave me the biggest hug he's given me in a long, long time last night. With "Love you Dad" spoken as he hugged me.

His words "How shit is that? Has a crack at one, misses it....and gone. Poor bastard"

Tearing up as I type this now....
by Booney
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching the NZ v PAK test at the minute what a terrible thing that we lost our little brother ......A minutes silence before the game kiwi boys crying all have P.H written on their shirts then a wicket in the 2nd over pakky captain caught behind not one kiwi boy celebrated gotta love our neighbours :cry:
by dogsrbarkin
Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan vs New Zealand 3rd Test Sharjah

I really hope the Australian public give NZ a standing ovation if they end up playing a WC game in Aus

They have been extremely classy
by whufc
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't help but feel disappointed when I hear people criticise others for voicing their frustrations over the change of dates as insensitive and not caring.

The fact is there are two separate issues here.

1. The Phil Hughes incident that lead to his death is an absolute tragedy felt by all.

2. The moving of the Test match albeit necessary is throwing a lot of people's plans into chaos.

My take on it all after seeing Michael Clarke's brave speech on Sunday is the players were definitely in no shape to play the Brisbane test.

Secondly, although it is disappointing that our Test is moving and yes I did take leave to go to all 5 days it was necessary.

Thirdly, I have heard people say just cancel the Brisbane Test. My answer to that is well put yourself in the Brizzy people's shoes. They also want to see a Test match which they no doubt planned for and paid for.

So although I have been grumbling about it at home , my advice to myself and others is " suck it up " for one year because this unfortunate set of circumstances has been born out from an absolute tragedy.

Now fingers crossed my application for a leave change gets approved or day one I will be going in disguise.
by The Panther
Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop it, Pup! :cry:

Clarke thought Hugh-dog would call him a sook, I reakon Hugh-dog would be thinking that this about the toughest bloke I've ever met and his strength during the toughest time in his life is something I'd be proud to posses.

Michael Clarke, Australia dips their collective caps to you.
by Booney
Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I haven't seen Warner really play a reckless shot this morning
by mighty_tiger_79
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Dave Warner you have honoured your mate in probably the way that would make him proudest.

That's the Australian spirit we like to think we have
by whufc
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That footage of Clarke and Warner embracing then was emotion in it's most raw form.
by Booney
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

I should coach the SA team. My mighty Under 12s haven't been bowled out for under a hundred all season. That's more than TWICE as many as 45. ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

Got the brother in law over at the moment and he is normal (i.e. in the majority) when it comes to Teeball. He was watching the game and tea was on so I'd thought I'd have a bit of a bo peep. I'll give it a chance I thought. Nek minnet truly horrible ugly shots, friggin fireworks and Andy Maher. I'd soon seen enough. It doe$ create something but it means nothing. I'm not sure if it's beneficial for Ashton Agar's cricket in particular for him to be playing in this format.

I know it's here to stay but **** me I hate this shit.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least there wasn't a DRS review for Watto to waste
by RustyCage
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

Again CA program the summer of domestic T20 around TV ratings and not what is best for our national team.

Starc gets form for the Six-and-outers bowling at blokes who don't give a shit if they get out or not, Agar gets fitness and form bowling 1 over spells, (enough form to bring him into the 4th Test squad!), while the likes of Pattinson and Cummins make a bid for an Ashes call up with 1/25 off 3.

Meanwhile the sponsors, "club", fans and TV networks pay big coin to get hacks like Carberry, Hales, Flintoff etc etc out here to fatten up their wallets and waist lines.

******* T20.... :roll: Big Bash.
by Booney
Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenn BIG show Maxwell

Gotta laugh at the calls for consistency in ODIs from blokes batting 5-7. Maxwell isnt an opener and like Davey you have to take the good with the bad. I'd have Maxwell in ahead of Bailey every day of the week right now. I read on the weekend that Maxwell doesn't like the nickname 'Big Show' and he doesn't have I disease to the extent of my least favourite cricketer Brad Hodge.

Bout time a few got off his back and gave him a go. He's got a lot of talent and he'll only get better. I think once Maxwell presents a bit more of the bat to the bowler he will prosper. At times he tends to open the face far too early in his innings. I'm sure Boof has mentioned it to him.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Oh Shane :oops: Shane with the small brain.
by wristwatcher
Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

What if you're into both guys & chicks?
Oh wait, there is a bi week....
by Spargo
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

This game will be over before it gets dark. What a pea hearted opposition. McCullums three ball innings will have to go down as one of the worst in the history of World Cup finals.

His cavalier approach to batting is great to watch, but ultimately it's as fickle as can be. The first one from Starc was an absolute jaffa, the second one was Starc knowing exactly what McCullum was going to do ( in terms of giving himself room ) and the third ball was McCullum not thinking about a 6' 10" lefty bowling at 150km/h being dangerous.

Some would say "Oh, that's how he bats". Sure, but in the first over of a WC final? Poor form IMO.
by Booney
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite League 2015

REB the league is full now

Unfortunately, cos I'm in. I'll try again to get a higher ranked player in.

regards,

REB

Stay there REB

Surely you were close enough to the ranking cut off and besides I think we would all agree you deserve some reward for all the time you commit to organizing the Hogg leagues for us.
by Hondo
Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Western Bulldogs 2015

I lost a good mate earlier this year who was a long suffering Bulldogs and South Sydney fan.

The Rabbits made him happy last year, any success the Bulldougs have will be fine by me.

RIP Dougmore.
by Booney
Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - Bubble Boys

Leuenberger you useless lump of shit.
by Q.
Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 stuff

Jim05 wrote:Daniher fined for engaging in a melee lol

http://i.imgur.com/Nzt1llo.png

He should be fined for being an ugly ****.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

Titus O'Reily

AFL says tonight might be a good night to catch a movie or take your partner out to dinner
by woodublieve12
Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |