Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

You have to be kidding!!!

I reckon Echunga only has 13 points and they have just come up.

if TV has 18 points - in fact - if they have 15 - more than the other clubs stated prior this is a disgrace.

HFL needs a big kick up the backside again for their biased and inept handling of TV.

One only has to look at the Birdwood scenario when TV were coming into Central and the way they caved in to TV's money man.

When are they going to be made accountable for the relentless stream of bad decisions.

It was ok last year Legs Man when Echunga were allocated extra points for one player. Short memory mate.
by Kick'n Back
Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

One word sums up the HFL - JOKE!!!

I hoped that both the clubs and HFL would realise the best option - which was to count finals accumulated points.

Self centred decision by clubs voting against it and one which is insane.

They were all given the best option for the competition as a whole - backed with legal consultation and didn't take it.

Common sense and an opportunity to put this all behind them and get on with next season - but alas they couldn't comprehend this.

Unbelievably the clubs voted only a month ago that points from finals count when allocating apps points for the next season.

This leaves me shaking my head in disbelief - WTF!

Other points obviously not taken into consideration:

Uneven playing field with respect to TV who were allocated more points on a whim by the HFL - disgraceful again particularly when the HFL stated that no extra points would be allocated as of the start of the 2014 season.
Allowing TV to host the important second round match when their sad excuse for an oval wasn't fit for a pig to wallow in is another example.
The parameters apparently set by the HFL in this instance were not fulfilled by TV but the league still allowed them to play there.

A reduced preparation time for Echunga going into Central was also another determining factor which was obviously not taken into account when voting.

Interesting times ahead as I can assure everyone that Echunga will not take this decision as the finality of the relegation case.

Why would clubs and the HFL put themselves in this predicament when they know full well the legal standing with respect to the by laws within the constitution.

It seems legal opinion has been totally disregarded in this instance - the concerned parties obviously know better.

The decision by all parties concerned is one they should hang their heads in shame for.

I hope they are prepared for what is to come.
Legsman, you might have to take some personal responsibility for the decision against Echunga. When I first got onto the forum I didn't realise how many people actually read it. My identity is not an alias & a lot of people (not on this forum) have recently said to me that you have done more damage than help to Echungas cause with your constant rants against the HFL & other clubs.
by cracka
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

These last few posts remind me of a trainspotting quote "It's easy to be philosophical when some other poor c8nt gots shite for blood"
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this Sedan thing has me interested, I feel like travelling out there to support them! Have checked the A grade results and see that they have won 7 A grade games since 2010 and most were against Callington which I understand Elmer is now part of your club.
I admire any club that has been able to still hold itself together to even field 2 snr teams - it shows the level of support that this club has from its community.
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Arch44 wrote:
marbles wrote:turn div 6 into the SFL 15 sides

Then there is still a bye :?

Well there's plenty of open fields now for everyone to hav a sooky as to why both the div 7 grand finalists are not in div 6 :)
by marbles
Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, Only confused with what part you don't agree with.

Simplist language. Let clubs field the sides they can fill. Only deregister for incidents, i.e serious on field violence or not paying registration fees. Not sure where you got confused?
I think you're confused with what you posted. Read it again. I said HFL WEREN'T trying to deregister Sedan (which they weren't) & you posted "don't agree Cracka". Are you saying they WERE trying to deregister Sedan.
Now you're saying let clubs field the sides they can fill. Well Sedan haven't been able to FILL A & B grades for a couple of years which means they should have been put in div 3. You've actually backed up what people were posting on here as to why that should have happened.

I didn't agree with your post and your opinion. Still don't. Nothing has changed. Can't see us ever being on the same page with this one. Don't agree with your most recent post either. A team runs out on the park it doen't matter to me if any players played in and earlier game. Many players, myself included, backed up with senior game after playing juniors. I'd be surprised if that aspect of the game ever disappears.

your whole thread seems a bit pointless? I think this ground has been covered?
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.
But have needed players to play 2 games every week, therefore not enough players for 2 FULL sides.

True, but not every week. Find me a club that doesn't ever have to do this.
Sorry, have agreed with EV not to go on with this.
by cracka
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

the milky bar kid wrote:I'm writing my speech for the next 3 association medals

uh, hate to be the one to break it to you, but I got this year's covered pal ;)
by Q.
Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Wow. OMG OKC should be called "TICKETS or FIGJAM".

It was a tounge in cheek comment! I know cossi well and he is just trying to stir me up.

I can take people saying what they want on here, but when people spread around rubbish on here ot annoys me. U wonder how much on here is true until you read stuff about yourself and realise that most of it must come from sad folk with nothing better to do. Ill give as good as I cop here, but to say im playing for cash, those people have no idea what has happened in the last few years at para hills or what happened this year. Stark u said u played for a long time and didnt get paid, well that's great that you were no good, dont take ur anger out on the rest of us. Ive never asked to be paid, but why would you turn money down? Everyone likes money!

Everyone might like money, I won't argue so do I, but I've played 200+ games at my club and been offered a bit of $ at some time there or somewhere else (nothing big for all the anti payment people), but I would turn it down all the time as I play in an environment that I love and get to spend Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays with some of my best mates. I understand you can get money playing footy, good on you for being a good enough footballer to get offered $, but surely it would be more rewarding playing at 1 club and trying to build something with people you've built a friendship with over the years. Maybe I'm in the minority and I'm wrong with my opinion, but I want to be known as a footballer who was a 1 club player instead of chasing for greener pastures for $ or higher grades instead of trying to get my team up there. And if you didn't think you can handle the commitment of a higher grade that's fine also but what's wrong with playing B grade football at your club and teaching the young A and B graders something? I'm just curious
by piglet1
Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Kick one team out of country div for having no juniors!! Let onw pay to have another teams juniors , seems legit
by wonder_kid
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where is Legs Man? Curiously seemed to disappear about the same time Echunga slipped down the ladder? :)
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

hancock may be a flog but not on the same page as big jock mcleay :lol:
by 2old2slow
Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Saw another coward punch yesterday in an Independent game, the 2nd in less than a season. Both times, in true coward fashion, the offender bolted for the interchange to avoid retribution. This behaviour, combined with frequent cheap shots is a blight on the league. With the shortage of umpires resulting in inexperienced club volunteers putting their hands up, this behaviour becomes impossible to keep in check. I know some leagues now video all games. Is this something that needs to be considered?
A shame to hear that. Umpires cant see everything so yeah a lot of leagues do video every game for many reasons not limited to resolving scoring disputes to providing better player safety which im all for. Im also of the opinion now days these incidents can be a legal issue cowards punches should be treated the same weather its at a pub or on the footy field and its time these gutless scumbags were held accountable.

Perhaps even the club itself, i believe in the Saafl if a club has a player suspended all grades lose 2 premiership points...dont know the full ins and outs but i believe a salisbury club missed finals in a grade last year for b and c grade indiscretions. Whatever it takes to stamp it out im all for.
by oldbomber
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By that logic, Blackwood shouldnt be in the hills competition either

no argument there ...... shouldn't let one bad decision justify another.

Well I am glad minds like yours are at club board level and not league level. Dinosaur views are what can destroy a league; SFL for example.

Anyway, great game Echunga today. Our boys had to work hard for the win. Anyone from Echunga able to enlighten me about some whispers I heard today? - I hear the Echunga B grade coach has been sacked and from what I have heard this may lure back a number of players. Whats the story there?
by BurntToast
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to CLEARANCES/RESULTS..

On The Pine wrote:Where are clearances listed these days?

They aren't because the new "Sporting Pulse" PlayHQ absolutely sucks
by Armchair expert
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |