Search found 133 matches

Return

Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

http://indaily.com.au/news/2013/10/29/adelaide-cracks-lonely-planets-top-10-list/

Adelaide has been chosen as one of the world’s top 10 cities to visit in 2014 by travel guide publisher Lonely Planet.

South Australia’s capital is ranked ninth on the list included in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2014 guide.

The State Government is so chuffed that it’s thrown a street party in Leigh Street today from 11am to 2pm – with free coffees from the Coffee Branch.

“Having always lived in the shadow of its gregarious eastern-seaboard cousins, the City of Churches has been quietly loosening its pious shackles and embracing its liberal foundations,” says Lonely Planet.

“The year 2014 beckons big changes for the city’s heart, with the completion of the multimillion-dollar refurbishment of the Adelaide Oval, which will link central Adelaide with the Oval and its beautiful surrounding parklands, and historic North Adelaide further on.

“Adelaide is effortlessly chic and like a perfectly cellared red, it’s ready to be uncorked and sampled.”

LP article here:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-tips-and-articles/lonely-planets-best-in-travel-2014-top-10-cities?affil=EML_EDITORIALNEWS_43v2
by Q.
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

I had only myself to please after my wife died.

^ double entendre :lol:

On topic:

A couple of years back I got sat next to a couple of fat boorish yobs on a JetStar flight home from the sunshine coast. I had a few words with them upon arrival in Sydney. Upon learning I was heading to Adelaide, one of them said "don't get off there... you know what Adelaide is? Proof that Tasmanians can swim."

One of the many nice things about Adelaide - and they are legion - is that dickheads like the above steer well clear of it.
And the ones that are here we just corral to the far southern or far northern suburbs . :lol:

Is Darwin a northern suburb?
by Booney
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

first day back after holidays.....

first job of mine someone did while I was away they ****** up and now I have to stuff around fixing it, even tho they ****** it up.

Welcome to my world champ :shock:

Same thing happened to me and I got back from a whole month :shock: took me the entire day to fix the whole thing because they neglected to perform one critical task....

This is why I have 5 weeks of annual leave saved up.

But there becomes a point that you need a break from all the muppets that you work with....
by heater31
Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Melbourne Cup

i would like to be on francesca
by stampy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

carey wrote:Why the f@#k would someone run a marathon?

Because it's too far to walk?
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I just went to HR and told them that I'm not apologising. She was apparently really upset and felt shamed. It's like breaking the law and then complaining because you're on the news (which is rather ironic in this case given her occupation). Just don't do it in the first place.

If women didn't have vaginas, we would throw rocks at em'
I am a woman and I want to throw rocks at her.
by cennals05
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

More coppers like that = less little smart arses like that in society. Should have taken to him with the night stick.

Cocky little prick.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Pressler has signed at GG. Add to this Stent, Castree & a bloke from TTG (name escapes me) great inclusions to our A grade list.

Huge gets.
Add to that full time access to a gun S&C coach who is moving back to Adelaide ;) :D
Keen to kick off officially next Saturday. Some very hard sessions ahead
by BurraBoys
Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rookie Mistake!!
by Johno6
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dick Ulcers..... ;)
by Johno6
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think TSG is a bit of goose at times (sorry TSG)... but just because he's made a comment, which is not threatening, abusive or inappropriate on a moderators post, should he be threatened with a ban???

That's a bit precious if you ask me...

Though no one is so I'll get back in my box... :)
by Jase
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember to numb your hand first ...
by dedja
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
Hefty wrote:work xmas show tonite......better get a root!!

so..... howd you go?

let's just say I ended up on Prospect Rd.........again!!

A root's a root.... no matter where it comes from!!!
by Failed Creation
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ten axes Before The Game

Its not about footy, its not funny, and its not interesting. Its just 3 unfunny, middle aged men hanging out, trying to be cool around the young footballers, who usually look uncomfortable to be there. The only half decent thing is Almost Footy Legends, and the best one never wins, coz the one where someone gets hit in the dick with the ball always does.

football in the groin is always funny

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130920112023/simpsons/images/d/dc/Best-simpsons-gifs-football-groin.gif
by woodublieve12
Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good place to have a heart-starter in town prior to the BDO onslaught......

Was thinkin the Strahmore (easy to jump on tram down to Bonython) but they don't open til 11.30.....bit of a push as want to get into BDO by 12 to catch Violent Soho.

Any pub suggestions in town to have a beer circa 11am and close to tram?? Other springs to mind is Harry's Bar (old Silks tav).

Squatters Arms across the road from the BDO site this year. No bastard ever goes there anyway so they should be opening at the earliest possible time that they can. Probably get a year's worth of takings in 1 day :shock:
by heater31
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Mile End Hotel opened at just after 10am for us before Soundwave. We rang ahead and asked if they would be open, and they said they would open up for us. We had a few drinks and some ham and cheese toasties then walked to Bonython. Took less than 10 minutes to get there.
by HH3
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Well that would have been my preferance, but in the interest of the club, the committee have made a unanimous decision to pursue a position in a lower divsion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO going by what you wrote, the board took the easy way out! Any reason the board didn't approach the members and got there thoughts??? Like you said you would have prefered to stay up.

Like i said in an earlier post, i am certainly not having a go. Plympton were in the exact same position in 2005. But instead of asking to be relegated we battled it out, 30-40 goal loses to PNU on 2 occasions. winless for the whole year and believe it or not and in a strange way made the core group of players who stuck around tighter and in 2011 that same core group were rewarded with a flag... ALOT of work was done!!!
by woodublieve12
Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chrissie Swan the fat lard
by scoob
Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:The best way to remove window tint from a house window??

I have tint on my windows at home but now want to take it off. I have tried peeling it off from the corner but this mofo has some superstrength nuclear glue on it.

Smash the glass in the window and claim it on insurance ;)
by heater31
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best way to remove window tint from a house window??

I have tint on my windows at home but now want to take it off. I have tried peeling it off from the corner but this mofo has some superstrength nuclear glue on it.

Smash the glass in the window and claim it on insurance ;)

This

or

I removed a heap of stickers using a hair dryer, it might work with window tint.
by Squids
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To lol or not to lol? That is the question.
by Q.
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I explained in perfect english my post, so either you're trolling or you're being a keyboard warrior.

If you think the post is ordinary, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

I think lots of your posts are crap but I don't write a thesis about it.

What you're NOT entitled to do is have a personal crack, when my post has clearly been explained, yet you're intent on twisting it around in order to get a good trolling in.

Why aren't you having a crack at TSG, he said it's not funny yet. To me, this says he will find it funny in the future - where's his shellacking?

No, to a lot of you, Im an easy target so you'll just run with it and hope I overdose like Charlotte.

WOuldn't THAT be funny
Yet you're entitled to label people *****wits and less intelligent?
You're a hypocrite.
Now if you don't mind, I have a violin to play.
by Spargo
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Since everybody knows best, how would anybody have run the club differently from 2009.

2009 - Relegated to div 7 with 2 junior teams. No junior committee.

2014 - Most senior players moved on, In division 5, 5 Junior team and a junior committee. All because the a grade has been successful
I would say the club has grown and are on track to have an under 18's side within 5 years.

What should the club have done differently ?????
stayed in D3...
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

I really can't see these two sides troubling a quality outfit like GWS
by woodublieve12
Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:Does anyone actually enjoy their job?? On the silver bullet this morning and it dawned on me, I have another 30 years of this sh1t!!!

I enjoy certain aspects of it.....like 4.59 pm each day ;)
by heater31
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:Does anyone actually enjoy their job?? On the silver bullet this morning and it dawned on me, I have another 30 years of this sh1t!!!

Nope. I only work 3 days a week and I still get no enjoyment in crawling into the office
by Keefy
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All Div 4 clubs should beware of Shane Scudds this year. He has dropped a staggering 40kgs and looking a million bucks. Awesome effort by the big fella and im tipping 130 goals from him this year.....
by Footy Smart
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe if it was in the second half of the season i could understand but Golden Grove had not even played pooraka or greenacres yet .........i just wonder how mAny other times during the year the same story line was told to umpires poor old scudds the gental giant how many games is he of a life banned in SAAFL ? must be ohh so near

Dont think Scuddsy was ever reported/suspended at MFC. Doubt he would be near de registration.

He used to get a rough ride with the umps and pinged alot for purely being to strong 1 on 1 when the other bloke was moved easy off the ball.
by Footy Smart
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I answered your question, if you don't like the answer - instead of calling it dumb how about you go and crawl back under the rock you've clearly been living in because I've only been calling him that for, I dunno....SEVEN YEARS :roll:

gee whiz, talk about precious!!
by Johno6
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can only be done via a cable Foxtel connection, as far as I'm aware. Can't be done via the NBN either...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
by Jase
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi bets

HH3 wrote:My big one was still going until Geelong won by too much on Saturday night.

I picked Melbourne to win.

The Kangas beat Sydney by too much as well.

I got the Freo/Essendon one wrong, and the Crows/Saints one wrong too.

So in summation- nowhere ****ing near it :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:
HH3 wrote:Honestly, how often would you watch anything on FTA over Foxtel?

PS. My missus's's's Mum in Mt Compass only gets ABC and SBS through Foxtel too.

They don't have The Antiques Roadshow on Foxtel.

trust a crows supporter to know this. :lol:
by kickinit
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Hefty wrote:Beastie Boys - Ill Communication

A favourite.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

receiving a phone call that has a job offer attached which is significantly better than my current situation!!!!

I also rate that I have 50hrs of sickleave and ill be utilising it before I leave that place of employment

50hrs.......I'm currently sitting on 322 hours of sick leave. I need to get myself some sort of 'E-Coli virus' to chew into my leave.

I had 400 hours up until March this year, then used up 64 of them with an ankle reconstruction.....

Yeah I'm having a knee reco in a few weeks time so that will chew up a few weeks.

Enjoy the drugs and do your bloody rehab properly.....

Probably still have more hours to chew up once I get this bloody moon boot off and onto the physio table.....
by heater31
Wed May 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I pretty much ran that place for quite some time.

Footy Chick wrote:Sweetie, if you don't know who I am then you haven't been around for a while.

Love yourself much? :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

If it wasn't for that goal after the siren we would have won :P
by Q.
Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Hopefully for crows fans that is the last you will see of Petrenko- absolute spud.
by valleys07
Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chicks that wear all revealing, low cut tops with their fun bags falling out all over the place - that shoot you a dirty look when they catch you having a perv. Cover'em up if ya don't want me looking!

On the flip side, there are two or three young secretaries I see almost daily who are obviously more than happy to flaunt their assets and have no issue with men AND women copping an eyeful. To these ladies, I thank & applaud you.
by Spargo
Fri May 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

What is this, kids footy? You blokes have lost the plot.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Annoying!!!

Before i go into my next tirade about this individual... I wish to state that all things mentinoed in this forum are truthful. I couldn't make up some of this...

Also feel free to vent your displeasure about someone on here...
by woodublieve12
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Footy Chick wrote: I take it personally because I'm the one who cops crap when I take things down, I'm also the one who cops crap when I don't take things down.

Footy Chick wrote: the "poor us" mentality shits me.

:lol: :lol: ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Hefty wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:*07 Grand Final
It was 2008 and I believe the margin was circa 100+ pts.........but who's counting ;) !!
:lol:

Hefty, its isnt hard to look up the facts before opening your mouth :roll:
by Fricky
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide should be a top 8 side in my opinion.

Half the problem is, it seems they always want to play the blame game and never accept responsibility - especially the supporters:

*Oh the umpires cost us again
*Sando needs to be sacked
*Need to swing the axe on these players
*The Tippett saga has ruined us
*We never wanted to move from AAMI Stadium
*Once we get Tex back we will be fine (prior to his return)

And if a Port supporter harasses Crows supporters:
*Where's your tarps?
*Bandwagon jumper
*07 Grand Final
*We went back to back
*MOOOOODRAAAAA (probably)
*Did i mention the tarps? :P

It was 2008 and I believe the margin was circa 100+ pts.........but who's counting ;)

Also only 34,000 at the Portress last wkend............bring back the tarps!!

What kind of crows fan are you Hefty :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impey - 8 touches, and 5 clangers. Did lay 6 tackles though.
Betts - 19 touches, 4 goals, 4 inside 50s.

Not that I really need stats. It was clear on the day who won the battle.
You have to be fishing!
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

bandar wrote:Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.

by zedman
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buying concert tickets for people only for them to pull the pin on the day of said concert. And, do you think money has exchanged hands for said tickets........NO!!! Now, I have to unload* ticket myself so I am not stuck with it and no $$$$$. This sh!t grinds my gears, I want to kick puppies in the face when sh!t like this happens!!

Lesson here is get the cash up front or it is get your ******* own ticket :evil:
by heater31
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with Booney here

I hope Port create the tradition of scarve waving in the stands and losing matches on field
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

we cant go another season injecting our cgraders on unequal playing fields just to baby sit and keep a float random ailing clubs 20 kilometers away. yeah we're quite happy to lose more of our stocks and maintain a unappealing environment for our boys

oh we'll just cause more pain & erosion to ourselves just so u can stay a float, u can use us to stay alive on the surface and our entity will be quite happy to further shrink & drown - no worries morrel - just remember us when we too start forfeiting

Serious question... Are you drunk???
by woodublieve12
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |