Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Good old years - the best, the worst and the characters

Peter Marker to this day is the best football commentator I've ever heard.
Totally unbiased, honest, dry and didn't talk for the sake of talking.
Not an ego massage in sight.
by Spargo
Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Was dragged along the the Watermark for the missus's's's work function on Friday night.

What a piece of shit that place is.

First off, I had to pay $32, and don't even get a cup for coke, coz I'm over 14. What a load of shit.

Second, I get stuck at the table right where two tables joined. Very uncomfortable.

Thirdly, I hate buffets. I hate having to go get my own food. I hate standing in a slow moving line, watching disgusting people leaning over my food before I can get to it.

Fourth, the selection wasn't great, and I ended up filling up on chicken nuggets fried rice and spring rolls. There was one good dish (crispy tentacles). I ate one full plate, and then gave up on the hot food.

Fifth, the dessert bar was pretty good. I had two servings. Mixed chocolate pudding, coconut balls, rocky road and warm custard....twice.

Sixth, the place was full of f**kin idiots. Other work functions had people dancing on tables and whooping it up while we were trying to talk. I couldn't hear myself think.

My missus thought my tshirt, shorts and thongs wasn't dressy enough, but when she got in there, she realised I was right when I said its a place for bogans to go at the bay. As soon as we walked in and saw a sea of V8 Supercars polos, she felt overdressed and out of place. Sucker.

So obviously, this isn't gonna be a 10.....

I'd say I'd give it a 2/10. They had spiced rum, and the guy playing guitar in the front bar didn't butcher every song he played (most, but not all).

The Watermark can suck a fat one!

Everything you had hoped for and more.

Any cans on show to ease the pain?

:lol:

Not as much as I was hoping. And the angle wasn't ideal. Plus her partner was onto me I think :lol:
by HH3
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Hilton Hotel - South Rd one, Friday night.

I went the Squid schnitzel and I could not complain about the quality of it. $19.50 and it was as tender as can be, good size, prompt service, questionable company, loads of beers on tap. Nice pub. :lol:

As for a pub meal, the average 7/10. As far as calamari goes, won't get any better.
by Booney
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |