Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Triple J's Hottest 100

I'll knock it. It was crap, where Offspring became a parody band.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

There's enough education around that people know that drugs are not "perfectly safe", despite what their friendly, caring dealer might be telling them. That's just an excuse for them taking a chance on something.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When a good show just isn't enough....

Clearly too drunk to f***. But, cunninlingus is another thing all together.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Even Nick Stevens?

Maybe the majority of pity here should be with the person he assaulted.

I'm not offering pity, but I think it is sad for him that he's descended to this level.
I think it is sad for him that he had no other way of communicating with his partner other than by violence or threats. And it is sad that he joins an ignominious list of men who have hit women.
It is not sad that he has been caught. And it will not be sad that he is punished.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

How do you know they're not going to sack him immediately?
You have to make sure all your processes are in place before doing so.
I know it's popular to have a crack at clubs for the sake of it, but give them a chance to get the job done right.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

You're quite entitled to that opinion, no problem with that at all, but hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

Perhaps you could advise Essendon who appear to have been struggling with some coach issues of their own for a while. ;)

Actually, I've been saying the same thing (offline) in relation to all of them - Liam Jurrah, Steven Milne, etc etc. So my thoughts are not with hindsight, it's just that I didn't publicly express them at the time.

The thing is that the football world (and sporting world in general) like to do things a bit differently when it comes to legal transgressions. Often with "kid gloves". And the AFLPA is very very happy about that.

On the Hird matter, I agree with you too. In my view, there is one law for everyone. It should be applied to the circumstances of each case. It should not be applied any differently whether it is James Hird or rookie draft pick no 44.

But when there's money involved, that law for everyone is just a little bit bendy.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus-Eng-Ind One Day Tri Series

Every 20 games there's a washout in Sydney.
Every 77 games there's one in Adelaide.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

That is very much missing from the competition, right now.
The SANFL needs some characters that are promotable and who will promote the competition and gain it some additional prominence.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Interesting to note - Labor cops a lot for being unstable - which it was during government - but since John Howard's demise Labor has had three leadership changes, as have Liberal.

Again proving they're both the same as each other.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Gallipoli didn't have me on the edge of my seat, despite my high interest in the topic.
The opening scene in the boat was excellent and, as usual, I found myself getting angry at the loss of life - it happens whenever I watch/read anything on the subject.

How many eps is it?

You know you're getting old when the gorgeous Justine Clarke is playing mother to teenagers.

I thought Gary Jubilan was good as the lieutenant who kept running messages. He gave a good perspective on the desperation and frenetic movement that occurred on that day.

The guy playing Attaturk was also good. Gave that amazing sense of power that made the Father of the Turks such a leader of men.

The thing that crossed my mind whilst watching it was that our nation is commemorating the Gallipoli landings with a multitude of TV dramas and I wondered what the Turkish tv programs on the subject would be like.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Ex Kadina coach Im hearing from over here

Actually I did hear that. I think Greggy Gregginson may have mentioned that Gregg Clarke had the job ;)
Lol. Quite the pseudonym if Greggy Gregginson is Gregg Clarke. Hahaha. #mysterious

http://i.lv3.hbo.com/assets/images/series/summer-heights-high/character/mr-g-1024.jpg
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

On Song, copping a flogging!

Oooops, probably wrong choice of words given the topic ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

Weird that this thread keeps appearing directly above/below the Bali Nine thread.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015

So...you're saying you ****** him?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA @ Gliderol Stadium

Two of my biggest bug bears corrected in the one thread - beaut.

You're and your

His and he's
by Dogwatcher
Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

The majority of us think he was in the wrong place and should not have been where he was.
The majority of us think he should have been charged and jailed.

But this is where, for me, the debate centres:

If he was so guilty (which is what the majority of us think), why the hell did the Americans have to create a trumped-up charge that had no basis in law? It's pretty obvious he was guilty of something and should have been jailed, why and how did the Americans screw it up so badly that they couldn't charge him with an existing law that would not see his conviction overturned?

David Hick is Australia's new Ned Kelly - he's become a folk hero to the disaffected because, while he may have been guilty, he was persecuted by the law and treated unfairly. He has become a pariah and as time progresses and the basis of his story becomes shrouded in the mists of time, his myth will grow. All because the Americans went above the rule of law and were supported by the Australian government.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When people post like this, I think that they only believe in legal fairness when it suits them. Right or wrong, he's from our country (to turn a well-known phrase around) and our country expects people to be treated within the law and receive a fair trial - whether right or wrong.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seemingly, no one is worried about his time in Kosovo.
Admittedly, though, they aren't brown people.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

OnSong wrote:
heater31 wrote: Are the tiles stuck to concrete or some other substrate? ;)

Don't know, never had a close look at the bottom. Haha

That's a first.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Listening to World Cup commentary has been quite refreshing. It really does reinforce how much of a Boy's Club Nine's commentary team has become. It also reinforces why any more than two commentators on at the same time is overkill.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Tas at Glenelg

I'd rather him at the crease than not.
Longer at the crease, that's one less batsman under pressure down the line.
If we were a team in a better position, then I'd be more acerbic.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Yeah, they go and compete in one of those True Grit challenges.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Sooo...how many Indonesians have been executed over there, you'd better tell us (please don't Google search, I want to know how much you care about the topic).
Why would Australians care about what happens in Indonesia unless it happens to an Australian?
It's a big world out there and hard to keep up with all that's going on it, let alone deal with our own lives day-in and day-out.
I'm right into current affairs and listen to news radio every day of the week, but if someone like me can't keep up, why should or how can the average Australian GAS unless it concerns them?
Just because people don't protest every time someone is executed, doesn't mean they should care less that Australians are being executed.
This attack on myopia is almost a myopic view in itself.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

I know what you mean, but it's still a load of wank.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Oval

Have no problem with that.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seen one rock, seen 'em all.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:If I had to choose one punter that would pick up on it ...

Any whinge thread activity activates his Scooby senses.

You're never far behind in your teal cape ;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will have to give you that one ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

John West, the transfer that got rejected.

Gotcha, LM ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

As if this isn't proof of the power of this forum - bringing down the state's cricket coach :shock:
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

South Australian Cricket Association Chief Executive, Keith Bradshaw, has today announced that SACA and Darren Berry have agreed to terms to end the appointment of his position as State Coach.

“Both SACA and Darren have agreed to end his appointment as the West End Redbacks and Adelaide Strikers Coach as we look for a fresh approach for South Australian cricket,” Mr Bradshaw said.

“While SACA and its Board recognise the strong performance by the Strikers this summer, our results across the past three seasons in all formats have not been at the standard expected of our elite teams.

“After guiding the West End Redbacks to the 2010/11 KFC Twenty20 Big Bash title, Darren was appointed as the full-time coach of South Australia in all formats.

“The West End Redbacks won their second title under Berry in consecutive summers, taking out the 2011/12 Ryobi One-Day Cup.

“I want to recognise the contribution Darren has made in his time here; both parties have agreed though that now is the time to look for a new direction.”

Speaking on Monday, Berry thanked the SACA for the opportunity to coach the Redbacks and Strikers during the past four seasons.

“An amicable separation has been reached in the best interests for all concerned; I accept that the SACA are heading in a new direction and wish the Association every success in the future,” Berry said.

“It has been a privilege over the last four years to have had the opportunity provided to me by the SACA and for that I am grateful.”

SACA will shortly commence the recruitment process for new Redbacks and Strikers coaches for the 2015/16 season.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

There was that one case in Mexico. lol
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v Norwood at Playford 2.10

I thought it was a real promising performance from the Dogs, who were beaten by a battle-hardened unit.
Both teams played a similar style, which reminded me of the club's duels from the past decade.
As Cennals pointed out there were plenty of basic skill errors from the Dogs which put players up the field under pressure.
I reckon some of the guys should put the low grass-skimming pass away, as there were a number of those that went astray - again, when not under pressure. Keep it simple.
I thought Thommo was pretty good for us, despite thoughts from some he didn't play that well. Retzlaff always looked promising up forward, but was undone on occasions by poor delivery.
The Schillers were excellent, as was Hosko. The Red Ranger up back did a top job, as well. Rarely beaten.
Baulderstone's dominance reflected one of the big concerns for me during the pre-season, our ruck stocks. Mabon has a bit of work to do.
Ultimately, the experience of Norwood saw it keep us at arm's length and every time the pressure was on, their efforts went back up just a notch higher than ours. The 12-point margin was more reflective of the game than the 24-point margin that the result slipped out to in the last 90 seconds - but even that reflected the quality of Norwood, in that they kept going until the game's end.
A good win to the Legs and plenty to like for us.

PS: No longer are the umpire's White Maggots, but Green Tree Frogs.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Over-Rated Players Going Around

I think this thread proves that some people over-rate the rating of certain players.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

I get knocked down:

Yellow Submarine:

Imagine:

The Ballad of John and Yoko:

I might stop before I break SA Footy.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

Probably didn't deserve three games, but the tribunal would have felt a message needed to be sent, hence the penalty.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.

Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in South Australian sports history

*edited to reflect less hyperbole ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You need to learn what a dummy spit is dummy.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

The more, the merrier!

Thanks for the tip. Always used the full address and the 'youtube' icon and the videos never came up. Now I get it. Thanks.

By the way, DW, try copying everything past the '=' in the address at the top, then insert it in here via the 'youtube' icon. That way, we can all play the videos without opening another tab.

I love your work!

Thanks for the tip. Always used the full address and the 'youtube' icon and the videos never came up. Now I get it. Thanks.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Dutchy heads to the farm : You want me to what a cow?

;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Duncs won't be playing, he's pregnant. Just look at his guts ;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Quietly getting pumped about our trip.
Apart from when the Pies were playing in one, I've never been counting down to the AFL GF so enthusiastically.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

I went to the last half of Collingwood v Footscray in the VFL on Saturday.
We wanted to visit Vic Park, so the game being on was a bonus.
I was surprised to see so many people at the game. There would have been as many as an SANFL game there and many were wearing Collingwood or Footscray VFL gear, not AFL products.
I thought it may have been free as, like Unley, Vic Park is now just that during a week, a park. However, I've been told games are free every week.
Would the SANFL make it free admission for matches in order to try and boost crowds?
Whether free, or not, the SANFL needs to do something about its prices, as $14 is just too much.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That particular stat puts things into conTEXt, don't they?
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 10,000 Club....

And over just a quick when you finally managed to do it...
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the style of football is affecting the crowd numbers. The full oval press going both ways is very frustrating to watch! I left Richmond Oval Sunday more annoyed with the standard of footy than Centrals actually losing. My 1st game in 2 years and it might be another 2 years before I go back.

Had that exact convo with someone this morning.
Most sides don't have the skill to play that properly, meaning the standard of some games is awful.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote: 5. can't believe this has gone for 3 pages :lol:

This
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

People like stereotypes. Makes them feel better about themselves.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |