Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Lady Wristy! Brilliant.

I'm not sure how I'd go calling Mrs DW 'Lady Doggy'!
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

That's not entirely true.

If you ask 'er indoors for some Mum and Dad time and she agrees, what is more pertinent - you asking or her accepting the inviation?

Granted, without asking it's unlikely the bead head will come* knocking, but consider how many times you've asked and ye has not received*?

You can ask and ask and ask all you like......but she doesn't have to say yes.

( Many might see this as a good comparison to the SANFL/AFL reserves debate. One asked "Can I come and **** you?" and the other one said "Well, yes". )

I'm concerned that you're talking about beads. Well, not concerned, but it's definitely an insight I didn't need ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

I love H for his long-legged stride down the wing, his place in our premiership side, his compassion for humanity and his position as someone who belies the generalisation that all footballers are dumb.
However, there comes a point when you're an activist, where you have to weigh up whether your campaign is actually harming the cause and whether people are taking you seriously, or not. H has reached this point - some would argue he did this ages ago.

He seems unable to listen to others, he is so dogmatic in his view point. This is not good for him, his workplace, or The Club.
Thanks for your role in our story H. It's time to move on.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

Apparently one of The Recreuits was seen sitting at the Bombers' table at the AFLPA awards last night.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The are-they-or-aren't-they debate is a load of tosh in this national league reserves issue.
It clouds the issues which are of real concern, being the inequity of the situation presented by two clubs whose main goal is not the SANFL flag and have more advantages than the other eight.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: should we name them and shame them

Not naming them is actually about protecting the victim.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

What's wrong with a megaphone?
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Like many things, it's how you use it, is it?
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought that would get a rise out of a few people. Hook, line and sinker haha

Wow, that was glorious..............you thought of that fish yourself and managed to see it through to your planned conclusion?

Superb.
Thankyou, I'm performing all week. Please come again.

How was the fish? Not so good, Al.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Come on, you can do better than that retort

No, I can't.

Dogwatcher wrote:You must be tired.

Yes, I am.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See, everyone, he still does have a sense of humour.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

How is he ill-informed?
If he's ill-informed, so's Rucci and every other person not immediately linked to the Crows that's been discussing the issue, many, many of whom are based in SA.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

I never predicted doom and gloom.
But...two teams whose major aim in the competition is not to win the flag has always been a concern to me.
I don't think that's been disproved as a notion yet. Has it?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

According to that survey, IIRC, it would seem Sydney are the Chardonnay sippers.
Being the Bondi Billionaires, I thought they'd be into Cristal ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

If nothing else, Morell has bumped up his CLG-related posts percentage.
A milestone.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

Morell just dispelled a myth - that Yankman has influence over him.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:She promised to put out if I posted that ... :lol:

Easily pleased.

She didn't say it would be with him ...

And, with that sort of innuendo, that's why I've always had a giggle at Dogger's handle here.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Frawley is an absolute star of the game. A rock star, actually.
Definitely up there in comparison to Buddy Franklin, I can see where WUB is coming from.
All he wants is the fair WUB of the green when you blokes are bagging Sydney.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not a motorsport fan in any shape or form, but that race was captivating.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Marshall has been about as effective an opposition leader in SA as Shorten has been in the federal sphere.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Gough Whitlam

Not too many PMs have been the subject of a flattering pop song:

http://youtu.be/rdo1uRIZMcc
by Dogwatcher
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

A year or two ago, who'd have thought we'd be looking at Warner and Smith thinking, "thank god we've got them in the line-up to add depth to our batting"?
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

The salary cap is not there to protect the clubs.
It is there to keep the SANFL in check.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

Ahhhh, romance at its finest.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're starting to talk about 2015 now.
Change thread title?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Geez, Heater...don't tell Tom that he was educated at St. Peter's! It'd be like telling an Englishman they fought for the Germans given Prince's hatred of St. Peter's. Believe me, he definitely did not go to St. Peter's, unlike his cousin, James McLeay, who did attend Saints. The Adeliade Uni connection is correct, however...my bad!
Actually on second thoughts it was his sister's that went to the girls version of saints

What's it matter? Princes, Saints, they're all girls anyway ;) *ducks*
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

Doesn't matter where you sit on this issue - this is great posting! Keep it up.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs squished together....

They're pretty good.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Rough but true ;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge people, have you sought help from the CDFC or SANFL in regards to junior programs?
It would seem no juniors is quite a significant problem, so it's almost imperative to start building something if you wish to survive into the future. Is it on the agenda?
If nothing else, it would increase the loyalty factor, at the moment, it's too easy to leave and go back to where you came from if things aren't going so well.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure he knew the deal when he signed up and was probably expecting to spend the bulk of the season in the SANFL reserves. Why didn't any other club pick him up first? I assume the Eagles cut their ties with him but any scouts out there would have had to be blind not to see him. He absolutely tore it up for Mallala last year.

It doesn't matter that the Eagles didn't pick him up. What matters is what the club that picked him up did with him for the most important game of the season. I'm sure the fact that he "knew the deal" was consolation to him...

However, his decision to stay reflects a strong character, so good luck to him.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Few have a problem with paying players. It's the particular players who are being paid and what their departure meant to the club and the decision the SAAFL made which resulted. If you think the concern's entirely about money, you're being very blinkered.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He'll be top of the pops at West then ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old fullback wrote:Will Ingle Farm and Smithys play each other next season? if so where? last time I saw these 2 teams play Smithys were a bloody disgrace, the BRONX will always be the BRONX

From that comment, I hope you're taking the piss when you've listed Ingle Farm as your club.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

I think there's a lot of hysteria about that Tweet.
They asked a question, they were given a response.
How is it any different to posting images of the incident? If anything, it was further highlighting the seriousness of the situation.
There was a lot of supposition etc going on from all who were Tweeting about this horrible situation.
If this was a car accident or a siege (just think of some of the stuff reported during the Clavell siege) and a media organisation reported that, there'd be no concerns.
Furthermore, how is having other media gloating about it and writing faux outrage pieces in response any better?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

I would guess a significant fraction of people don't have first aid. They probably should.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Great response, Whuffer.

A bit rich for parents to expect a cricket club official to have done first aid if they haven't done one themselves (they spend most time with the kids).
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

It will seem I'm being deliberately contrarian, but I'm tending to look at it the other way.
It's desperately unlucky it happened to Hughes.
It's a freak accident, it would be even more desperately unlucky for something like that to happen to someone at grass roots level.
It's that luck aspect I can't get my head around. Usually when a player gets hit in the head, he brushes it off, retires and then comes back, shaken with maybe a headache. For me, the Hughes incident is so beyond the realms of the expected that it is hard to comprehend.
However, it does make me think about the risks of keeping up to the stumps a little more.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

On November 16, Australia lost its 27th Test captain Ian Craig and his passing left barely a ripple on the Australian public, excepting some eulogies in the sports media.
In fact, Sheffield Shield players in the South Australia versus Victoria game taking place at the time did not even wear black armbands, leaving some long-time cricket commentators disappointed.
Craig played just 11 Tests for Australia, between 1953 and 1958.
For such a short career, he achieved much: he was the youngest Australian Test cricketer and became the youngest man ever to have captained his country.
So much was expected of this young man that he was labeled the next Don Bradman, an 'honour' with mixed blessings bestowed on many young Australian cricketers over the next 50 years.
It was a false title because, as we all know, there could only be one Don.
Like Craig, Phillip Hughes, who passed away just 11 days later, was a young batting prodigy who came from New South Wales and was labeled the 'next big thing'; thankfully, the title of the 'next Don Bradman' being passed to talented batsmen had all but faded by the time Hughes made his Test debut against South Africa, 56 years after Craig had stepped out to face the same country.
Hughes' youth at the time of selection, 20, saw him also go on to achieve records for his nation – the youngest player to score two centuries in the same Test being the most notable.
Both men were born in rural New South Wales; Craig in Yass, and Hughes in Macksville.
By all reports, they were unaffected by the fame which playing for their nation attracted to them.
Craig's career was short, only five years, and featured just two half-centuries.
Illness and then a business career curtailed what could have been a lengthy stay under the Baggy Green.
A pharmacist, Craig eventually became the Australian manager of a significant pharmaceutical business and remained involved in cricket as an administrator, passing away in that famous cricketing town of Bowral, aged 79.
And that is where the tragedy lies in the death of Phillip Hughes.
Our nation has not mourned the loss of a player in the midst of his career since the infinitely talented Archie Jackson (who played his first Test as a 19 year old), died at the age of 23 in 1933, during the infamous Bodyline tour.
Ian Craig retired from cricket at the age of 26, a milestone Hughes was to have attained on Sunday.
While we will never know whether Hughes would have played Tests for Australia again and we will never know how many runs he would have scored, the real tragedy is that he was so young.
While Ian Craig's passing was sad, it came at the end of a life that had achieved much and given to so many.
Like Archie Jackson before him, Phillip Hughes will never have that chance.
And that is the reason so much grief has been expressed by cricket lovers across the world.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates

why do they need to keep a leash on them?

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?

My experience is that the schools wish to have strong Old Scholar interest in their schools because it keeps a link with the place and provides opportunities for both the school and the former student into the future.
However, I don't think they particularly care whether the clubs retain all of their former students, and they certainly don't aim to "keep them on a leash" and hope they don't go elsewhere.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

That's up to you, but we get shit canned ( justifiably so ) every day of the week for what we've received from the SANFL.

I'd imagine a conservative estimate would see that Adelaide have had just as much if not more of a hand out then we have.

Free rent for 25 years? Call it $1m per year....easy numbers.

Quit complaining ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

I'm sure we will. We already have in the past.
Steve Irwin, Peter Brock, Michael Hutchence, Gough Whitlam, just some examples I can think of.
In this age, it's only going to happen more often, I reckon.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

A Liberal person said to me recently, "we're not good at campaigning".
Once again, this is proved. How this could happen to the Libs is bizarre.
The ESL, alone, should have been enough to derail the ALP in this by-election, let alone the fact they're in a fourth term and were fighting for a seat held by a Conservative for so long.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup

I agree it's shit.
But I also think the FFA is aware of it, this season was about building the event and the sport. Eventually, it'll get everything in order. However, there's no way a neutral final would work in soccer in this country.
A two-leg final is the ideal way of deciding.
However, it's not Adelaide's fault it won the final under the current system.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Hazelwood is the last Australian to get 5fa
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's what I love about cricket. Despite so much need for technical proficiency, every player can have their day. Even if it's just one day.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Allan Border would've said, "I'll just get a Queenslander to do the job if you're being so soft".
by Dogwatcher
Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Mal, she must have been a savvy-blanced woman.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asian Cup 2015

ABC have taken an interest in the round ball of late, so it might be on radio.
891 AM as far as Truro flats, then you'll lose radio for about 10 minutes before you can pick up 1062 AM (Riverland ABC).

I'm really looking forward to the Asian Cup, just pissed off there's no Adelaide games (and I was in Newcastle a week or so too early).
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We've all missed a point here though, a ******* fielding coach?

If it's on the ground, stop it and throw it back. If it's in the air, catch it. That concludes our lesson for the day/week/month/year/forever.

I reckon the last two Tests reminded us that fielding is a very, very important of the game and if we're going to have coaches for all the other disciplines, it's just as important to have a fielding coach.

Lyon was let down by fielding/keeping and some balls not going to hand.

Rogers should've been in close, not Burns. If that'd happened it might've been a different result.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |