Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Any games being played this weekend?

No, but there's lots of blokes sitting on the bench, getting one of their 18 quarters in for the season.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Still am.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

A valid contribution ^

Maybe you should Try Harder.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Maybe you're not a dude with this logic...
read it again.
I was not saying we lost because of injuries, I was responding to booney saying our depth will be exposed and I was saying most sided depth will be exposed with those outs. I then said we played shit.
It's like talking to my wife...

"I challenge any side to be the same with that calibre either out or playing injured"
Challenge met.

And, don't call me Dude or I'll become unglued.

unglued? Is that a threat?
I know you're certainly not a dude judging by your stubbornness in not listening to a full story, but if I want to call you a dude, I will

Slowly I turned. Step by step.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Backflip on Star-Force usage at parties.
Good start for Corey

You've got to give people some time to settle into their new jobs, work out what they can and can't do. It's been a long time.

Speaking to the police before announcing you're going to send the STARries in to handle teen parties might be something you should know.

I understand SAPOL was very unhappy.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not advocating for/against rate capping, but...

I can see how rate capping would be a popular policy. I'm not totally averse to it.

If it is to work, how is the State Government going to help councils to get back to their 'core roles'?

There are many, many services councils now provide due to cost shifting - such as immunisation. Why is a Council providing immunisations? Shouldn't that be a Health Department role? Which services will the State Government provide greater support for, or take responsibilities back from Council?

Also, infrastructure, particularly for growth councils, is very important as the state tries to meet population growth measures. There are a vast number of electorates that are 'safe seats' and don't get as much government love as other political seats, which are marginal or under question. Does the State Government propose to spend money in these safe seats, particularly if they don't have a political reason to spend money in that area?
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel as if Jimmy was setting Morrell up from the start...

How about spending some money and buying your own subscription if you want to read it

Knowing that Morrell would respond this way...

And I will never, ever, ever spend a single cent paying for media online. It's an absolute rort.

So that he could draw this line...

Your last sentence pretty much sums you up. Wont spend your own money but think you should have the right to spend taxpayers money without control or scrutiny. Classic public sector logic.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whatever the outcome of the SPP investigation, I hope he takes a look at what has resulted from this situation.

He put himself there, drunk and out about well beyond bedtime for a professional sportsman mid-season.
He's also left a massive hole in his team's set-up and cost his club's leadership, fellow players and officials plenty of time off the field when they had better things to do.
When people say "it's got nothing to do with the club" they need to reflect upon what happens when an incident such as this occurs - it impacts fellow players, committee, coaches, media staff, marketing teams, legal staff and more as they try to shore up and provide a response to the fall out, as well as support a player through this situation. Footballers are lucky to have this support network. This is why it is a club issue.
Jordan De Goey did the exact same thing to Collingwood last year and I still think his absence had a massive impact on our start to 2017.
I suspect SPP's absence is having a similar impact on his club.

Hopefully SPP learns a little bit quicker than JDG did, as he has a bright career in this game if he chooses to fully commit.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

Both hands. At once. Ski poles. That's Booney.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What makes me sick is that Carey is a commentator.

All of my life I've heard it said "you don't hit women. Men who do that are dogs".
Yet, we let him commentate.
And, in reality, I see everyday blokes remain friends with blokes who've abused women - they don't get shunned at all.

It disgusts me.

* Sorry, I know this is a tangent.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SPP gets 3 games so will miss this week and be back following week. Interesting that "inappropriate contact with a female" allows him to play SANFL though.
Port to challenge?

There are so many bizarre things about this 'case'. It's been handled very poorly.
Don't reveal the findings, but suspend him. Suspend him, but let play SANFL.
I dohn geddit.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Zones for AFC and PAFC - Impact on SANFL U16/

The AFL might as well just shut down any competition that is not a pathway to play AFL.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bomber Thompson arrested

There's been no sympathy for Thomas Windsor, his co-accused.
Why should there be for Thompson, cos he's famous and got money?
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this the worst ?

I think it's got a little bit of cringe factor, but I'd rather see this than the club not trying new things with its marketing. And the new marketing officer is certainly doing good things promoting the club.

I only hate it because I'm an ardent republican. And I'm a middle-aged bloke who doesn't buy into the Royal fantasy - which is probably like a large part of the SANFL audience.

And...living and working out this way, I know that the community still has a massive interest in the Royal Family as there are lots of people talking about it, although mostly older people. I've heard lots of people talk about their plans to watch it. Including my effing mother in law. :-&
Recently, I was involved in the visit of a relatively minor Royal and there was lots and lots of interest from local.

As for the club's history, I don't understand Michael's point in the initial post about "given the club's history". Sadly (for me), it's entirely appropriate to try this sort of marketing. The club's English roots are very well known and still very obvious (including in the soccer chants that we've been derided for for most of our history, but I note some Crows supporters are now using).
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also referred to cost-shifting (and pork barrelling) in my initial posts on this issue.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Mate, the only decent chat on this forum these days is in the Adelaide and Port Adelaide threads. I gotta contribute something.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's settling into the role as a minister. That can take some time.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

This is from my recollections:

2011 - Centrals
2012 - Elizabeth
2013 - Centrals
2014 - Centrals
2015 - Gold Coast
2016 - Willaston
2017 - Centrals
2018 - Willaston/Norwood

From that record, you can see why Centrals might have been hesitant to take him back again after his Willaston incident.
It hurts as a supporter to see a player walk in/walk out like that. He hurt us Friday night and may do so in the future. But I'm not sure any club would welcome him back...again after such a fractious relationship. And it's not just been with the coach.
It will be interesting to see what 2019 brings.
I hope, somehow, that Josh can start getting the best out of himself consistently. An outstanding talent, who could easily win the Magarey.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 28, 2018 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

It should be mentioned that the Great Man Cotts recorded a club record for the TOSers on the weekend.
14 goals. Could easily have been more, but he kicked three behinds between his 12th and 13th goal.

Huge turnout from Greenacres too, on the weekend.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

I wouldn't advise that.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

I like invompetence in this context.

Invompetence: (n) The moment incompetence brings you to nausea.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, I reckon all Port lacks from being a genuine premiership contender is finesse. Giving the right player the ball at the right time, finding a target. All of that can change as they grow more confident and they should over the next couple of weeks.

****, I feel dirty.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wedgie wrote:LOL, mentioned todays discussion to my missus and she said "They must all be married to air headed morons".
Bless her. :lol:

One of the joys of being a member of this site is seeing the many quotes attributed to Wedgie's friends and family. Always colourful.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Mentioned it to my missus and she said "I bet he's terrible in bed, what does he ask before, you know ;)"

I mentioned it to my dog. He just looked at me blankly. Then I got his breakfast. He looked at me. Then he ate it. No nonsense, that dog.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, I wasn't just watching him. I fed him and talked to him about this thread. ;)
It's creepy if I just watch him.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol:

I was sitting on the fence at the recent Pies v Adelaide game and he walked by and I jokingly said "Travis Varcoe, Smithfield's finest".
I got a thumbs up and a surprised look.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Looking at the SBS games, it appears they've been uncompromising on the games they've picked - quality, or the ones they know there is an audience demand for in Australia. So there are very few games scheduled during prime time, most are after midnight.
Good on them for maintaining their quality control, when they could easily ride the interest of the World Cup and put prime time games on.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I attended a small stand-up bistro at Prospect on Sunday, located just inside a precinct at Menzies Crescent.
Don't be put off by the locals, they only chatter when things are going well.
First we stopped at a cute, little underground bar. The decor could be better, but being into retro design I didn't mind the faux-70s look, the venue's paintings not having been updated since 1991.
I was with my companion, who ordered me the house red. The service was great, we were asked "inside or outside?" At $12 for two x house reds, the shiraz was quite okay.
After a quick sip, we traversed the terraces to the outside bistro.
The service was quick and efficient. My companion ordered me the freshly cut loaf with beef, wrapped in a casing dripping with juicy rendering, featuring a drizzle of tomato relish and American mustard. I went with the choice of shallots on top. Served on a divine serviette, it was easy eating and I'd recommend eating there whenever visiting Prospect.
Fortunately, the managers of the bistro allowed us to shelter from the elements, which was nice despite one loudly repeatedly proclaiming his love of the area in which the bistro was located.
The view is slightly disappointing, a colourbond shed blocking the northern aspect of the lush grass on which the bistro overlooks.
We went back and had another house red, by which point the locals were a little more excitable and a little less welcoming to visitors.
My companion stayed on, bearing an affinity with the locals, while I beat a hasty retreat.

Cost for drinks and meal: $31.

I'd give the venue a solid 7/10. Food and service fantastic, loses a little for the reduced view - would be better if the locals were quieter. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

That my best mate, my pup, has a cough that won't go away and I know it's not good.

Oh no. Not Chas :shock:

No, no, no, no, no :(

Fingers crossed, it's not as bad as you think

Back to the vet for a check today.

It's either pneumonia or cancer, or both. We're unsure.
He seems pretty sprightly though, so we're hopeful.
Little bastard won't take his medicine but.

:(

Smother it in peanut butter.

Hopefully it's the former. At least that one is curable.

Well...we think it's pneumonia. His cough is disappearing, but his breathing is still very shallow. He's been in good spirits throughout, considering.
Here's hoping.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is a concerted effort?
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Classic victim blaming

Question - if you hadn’t been bashed would you still be walking home? I bet you would and you would have a very different opinion.

Not sure the area you live in but I don’t think there are too many areas in SA that are inherently too dangerous to even walk

Dark parks at night are inherently dangerous - no way would I be going into Dead Man's Pass at night. No way would I be walking around the South Parklands at night. No way would I be walking through Fremont Park at night. It is just stupid to think you can walk through these areas with complete safety.

I still walk home from the pub in Gawler, to my house at Evanston Park, even though random attacks have occurred, and I can tell you I keep to the main road and keep my eyes open. Why would I put myself in greater danger by walking through parks and dark areas just because I have a right to walk around unmolested? It's just not real world thinking.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't encourage women to put themselves in danger to spite the rapists. They should still make smart decisions.

Well the inference here is that the woman was dumb for walking through the park and she has a share of the blame for getting murdered

Who on here has said that? All I have seen is that people have suggested that in the current time, when we don't live in a safe utopia in which we can do as we wish without fear of injury, rape or death, is that people need to be cautious.

You have said yourself you take precautions, wouldn't it make sense that due to the nut cases and freaks that do wander our streets people just look after themselves... That isn't victim blaming that is just wanting people to be safe...

Of course everyoneshould be able to be free from fear of injury/death/rape, but we aren't and I doubt we ever will be. Lets look after ourselves and others... but I could be wrong and most likely am...

She did take precautions though. But it wasn’t enough.

So how many precautions are enough?

Don't walk through a ******* dark park at night.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate, I'm sorry to read this.
Quite often you hear that everyone wants a redundancy, they were happy to get it.
Your post really hit home for me. Again, reminding me that employees are humans, not just numbers.

Keep punching. Your post reinforces what a good bloke you are and what an asset you will be to your next employer.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Here's a story about Dan Walton's daughter Steph, who's doing some pretty awesome stuff. She's also coached by a former Elizabeth player, Craig Icke:

http://www.playfordnews.com/single-post ... ng-rewards
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

Wedgie wrote:A request for the Central fans to please not harass young ladies who volunteer their time to be physios for South. It would be a nice change.
Thank you.

If I see it, I'll call it out.
First time I've heard of it. Disappointing, if it's happened.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowie and Wheeties just said he ripped the hamstring off the bone :shock:

Bit sad, pretty good player to watch

Really? I reckon he's a little flog with a face that says punch me, ill be devastated if hes out for the rest of the season

Seems like a flog to me:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/feature/cgu/adam-treloar
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I do still go to SANFL games.
I do still have membership of my club, as do my wife and kids (my wife doesn't nag me as she's there at the footy with me).
I do still have an opinion on the situation.
I do still want what's best for my club.

I'm entitled to push for this. You call it whingeing. Others call it resistance.
Things can change. We were once told there would be no AFL reserves sides in the SANFL - it happened in a flash. Port Adelaide supporters boycotted Footy Park - they got a new stadium. Things change. The direction of the game changes. Voicing our opinions, in a place we all know is read by football officials, lets people know that:

A) We still care about our competition;
B) We have a hunger for change in this current state of affairs;
C) It reminds those complicit in what has occurred that we still remember their actions.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that people are passionate about this on a site devoted to SA Footy and on a thread devoted to this debate.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But, hey, he's not a flog.

Interestingly, I've found over time, that the faults we find in others are usually our own ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:But, hey, he's not a flog.

Interestingly, I've found over time, that the faults we find in others are usually our own ;)

Calling me a flog now, or do you want to punch me in the face???

Neither.

Just passing on what I've learnt in life.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But, hey, he's not a flog.

Calling me a flog now, or do you want to punch me in the face???

Neither.

Just passing on what I've learnt in life.

You're all top blokes just quietly :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - you get it.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

I've heard Graham 'Charlie' Charlton has passed away.
A great Riverland man. My condolences to the family.
I spent a lot of time talking and working with Charlie during my time in the Riverland. He was devoted to his family, the Riverland and sport. I don't think his contribution to sport up there has been recognised enough. With ever-shrinking media and networked radio further taking over the rural landscape, there may never be another like him.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |