Search found more than 1424 matches

Return

Re: SAFooty V2

Can we have a 'mark forums read' link on the 'view unread posts' page by any chance? I head in through that page, ready what I want and mark everything read before next visit.

At the moment I need to click twice to do this and I find that totally unacceptable. Please spend an hour implementing this fix to save me 0.432 seconds per visit.
by smac
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Not much between 1 & 2 but would have them clearly ahead of others IMHO.

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.
the bloke suffered a neck injury that threatened both his career and mobility, then returned to play good afl footy, i reckon he's got credibility ticked.
He worked under hardwick at richmond, a former glenelg player and respected afl coach, who no doubt was listed as a credible reference. I think that puts him ahead of massie who fell into the league job.
And if you saw the flag going power's way in 04, I'm sure you are happily retired now given the life savings you had on them at the juicy pre-season odds on offer.
Truth is, I don't even chuckle at your insecurity anymore. And yes, I used to.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WG GRACE

WG Grace was a giant of the game in more ways than one. Yeah his average by today's standards was mediocre but compare his efforts to his contempories, he is almost Bradmanlike in his towering advantage over them. When WG started playing Centuries were a rare event. When WG was an old man he was still scoring more centuries than everyone else. His dominance of his period was very dominant. People used to come just to see WG play and not just in England.

WG might have excelled in gamesmanship (some might call it cheating) but his very presence legitmised Test Cricket when it wasn't the force it is today. WGs test record isn't in the best XI of all time but he deserves to be in the First XI of the last 150 Years. Read Simon Rae's excellent 'W.G. Grace' and you'll see why.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Or they can just go skins ...
by dedja
Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

if only that sought of loyalty was a bit more common in state league footy, would love to see someone from norwood do the same thing when drafted to crows or power sanfl teams.

Centrals Josh Glenn this year still deciding whether to enter draft.

Doesnt want to move interstate has no interest playing for a local club./

If he doesn't want to play for the 2 teams here and the 16 teams interstate I could go out and a limb and tell the lad maybe the AFL isn't for him?
Not the sharpest tool in the shed I take it?

That comment suggests the only person not terribly sharp is the author. Plenty of people work in a job they don't like, or for an employer they don't like, or in a place they don't like. Is it not hard to see the ability to set himself up for a long time holds some temptation while being able to stay local and enjoy his footy more might hold another temptation? If a decision with such obvious merits on both sides is too difficult to comprehend for an observer, I suggest looking inward before casting aspersions on others.
by Grahaml
Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best South Australian Song of all time??

Picked up an Exploding White Mice CD for $1 at a garage sale the other day and it bought back memories of Adelaide's Greasy Pop Record label in the early 1980's with bands such as Exploding White Mice , Where's the pope, The Dagoes , Mad Turks from Instanbul .
by tnt
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Bully wrote:I wouldn't say no

She wouldn't ask...
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the FREE BEER!! thread

Had work show at a local hotel on Saturday night where there was FREE BEER!

By the end of the night, it was FREE DOUBLE JAMESONS! Ouch.

Am going to the races on Wednesday arvo and I will be the recipient of FREE BEER & WINE! Gotta love being part of The Bung Fritz Appreciation Society of South Australia.

I don't mean to hijack the FREE BEER thread, but how good is FRITZ.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

All these "epic rants" taking the top story spot on news websites nearly every day. Usually restaurant things like notes on tips or online reviews that result in them going "viral". Firstly, anyone who gives a **** about this stuff should get a hobby. And secondly, Im pretty confident 99.9% of these things are fake as **** anyway.

Rant over ;)
by HH3
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Dogwatcher wrote:I would have stepped into it and got hit in the nuts.

i would have attempted to swipe it to mid wicket, just like i do every other delivery bowled.
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Swann retires

Graeme Swann: Hi Nan how are you?
Graeme's Nan: Im fine thanks Greame, spoke with a lovely young man from the BBC on the phone today.
Graeme Swann: What did you say Nan?
Graeme's Nan: Oh, nothing much, just how nasty you said the Aussies were to you and thats why you retired.
Graeme Swann: F*CK

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/cricket/graeme-swanns-gran-mina-swann-takes-aim-at-nasty-aussies-who-forced-his-retirement/story-fnii0bxe-1226789204097
by Footy Smart
Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

Test cricket hasn't come out as the elite form of the game, it has always been so. As for it being 'saved' it is a long way from that. If Test Cricket was saved it was saved by attacking captains Illingworth and I Chappell in the early seventies and the emergence of one day cricket.

In Australia and England Test Cricket is well attended but not so everywhere else. South Africa have the best team in the world but only around 9000 people turned up for their boxing day clash against the number two ranked Indians. Test Cricket is a long way from being saved and that's why Teeball was invented (oh and for the ca$h).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

I have a theory that it took the players a few months to understand him.
I know the only thing he's said that I understood was "Your goalkeeper son is shit".
by Wedgie
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: David Hookes ... 10 years on

As i've said two my mates with the recent spate of incidents... if it wasn't for the buffoon bouncer who hit Hookes (whether guilty or not), if he hadn't hit Hookes, he'd still be alive today.

The courts need to throw the book at these idiots.

Got king hit myself this year and i will be going to court I have been told aprox. 2 years after the incident. I thought so much about Hookesy in the days following the incident as my head hit the pavement and I lost a lot of blood. I intend on doing whatever I can to ensure perpetrators of violent and unprovoked attacks are deterred in the future. The are the scum of the earth and Deserve incarceration.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2013

Pendles :D
by Q.
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Personally believe flags won before 1900 have much greater weight to them!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Jesse kicked 5 for us once.
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

I know some think he is responsible for the SANFL and wafl direction, but I have only heard him say changes are up too the relevant leagues and have nothing to do with the afl.

Which is mostly correct, as all leagues have to accept responsibility for their own backyard, buck stops and all that.

But naturally what happens at the top will filter down and have an effect on supporting/lower leagues. The SANFL several times found themselves with a gun to their head given the promises and threats related to funding from the AFL, which sits at an amazing disparity with other states, regions and area's of development. Reduction in transfer $$ income etc. So Vlad has had an involvement, whether he cares to admit it or not. But at the ed of the day his primary/only concern had to be for the body which he was employed to oversee.

I not a fan of the bloke and I think he's botched a few things toward the end of his tenure, but I agree with GrahamL - From the Charter given to him from his employers I would suggest he has been an outstanding success.
by JK
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I'm a Lyon fan, but the problem with him is he is a one trick pony - no variations not even in pace, just a constant hit the spot finger spinner.

Get me in the side i'll turn em square :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

Dogwatcher wrote:Rain?

Persistent showers here in Gawler.

I'm not sure how long the rain in Gawler will take to get to Hobart.
by cennals05
Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Port told me to stay at North Haven.....weird
by HH3
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

F##king Facebook when will you idiots work it out.....

People are so stupid we have currently advertised for positions at work the first thing my work do once the applications are in is go through facebook and look at there profiles and filter through them. If you want ya sh!t out there post what you want! If your business is your business leave your day to day business to your self! Cause we couldn't give a f@#k anyway......

I don't think the PDCA should've suspended him for 5 years but on the other hand I think serves you right for being so stupid!
by carey
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

Norwood are likely to come out all guns blazing early ......but their fans will end up on Coopers Hill drowning their sorrows !
It is likely to get very ugly ...... :shock:

Will this be the case all season? Should we lock in a Port v Adelaide GF now?
Call me mad but I reckon we should wait for a few matches before deeming the GF sides to be a foregone conclusion.

Crows & Port reserves will have a strong top part of their lists but a few injuries and the depth will really come into play quickly.
by areaman
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Dogwatcher wrote:Melbourne. Hutchy is on the Sunday Footy Show. That aspect makes sense to me, if it is felt important that Hutchy hosts it to give credence to the program.

Best backhanded insult of the day there DW.
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C2 - 2014

Well done to Seaton! Playing most off their B grade in the C grade against Elizabeth , im sure they got alot out of it!!
by ROOBOY18
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

Symes has been cleared of any fractures, just nursing a very sore jaw and a concussion.
Still weighing up whether to continue or not due to his history with concussions.
Good news that there's no breaks though, wish him well and hopefully there's no repercussions with his knock to the brain.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that

You're off topic. I think. Somehow. just summarising the last 20 pages
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Jumping races be Banned ?

ban Equestrian also if they wanna ban jumps races.

by equestrian im assuming you mean cross country? equestrian is 3 events, showjumping, dressage and cross country. not much bad happens during dressage i give you the big tip. and cross country is funny, i once saw a horse fart as it went over a jump. it was the happiest day of my life!
by BIG SEXY
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.
by beef
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

For Christ's sake, learn how to quote, you blokes!
by Dizzee Rascal
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

I always thought it was an unwritten law out of sheer respect there should be no game starting before midday lack of respect if you ask me..
by carey
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Herald Sun Team of the Century

Listing awards that were unavailable to Diesel does not make Judd a comparable footballer. If I had to pick which one I wanted in the middle for my 'super side' it would be Diesel every time. His football brain was second to none. Don't get me wrong I hated the sniping prick but he was one of the best footballers I've ever seen.

I reckon Cousins has Judd covered, let alone Williams.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Faark them, what's this second team bullshit.

Who the faark has a second team FFS.

play on ...
by dedja
Thu May 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are Centrals "imploding"?

Our problem is lack of leadership other than Thommo. Players like Willo, Goody, Jenner (I know he is out injured at the moment) and Collier should have stepped up but they haven't. It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it.

I expect the young kids to make mistakes and be inconsistent. I have no problem with that, but when our senior players aren't giving a yelp we have a problem.

Our skill level has been deplorable for the last few years as well which isn't helping.
by cennals05
Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

If you witnessed what I did yesterday you would tip North by 5 to 10 goals.
by Groucho
Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

An important game as it could be the difference of coming 6th or 7th at the end of the year.
by Wedgie
Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big shoutout to my ol mate Colin Harrison playing his 300th in the Bs this week @ Greenacres.
Great player from a proud EFC family. Think his old man Kev played 3-400 odd games for the Eags as well.

Onya Colzy, have a good one. =D>
by BenchedEagle
Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

Ross Gibbs playing at Mt Compass Oval, late 90's..cant remember if he as playing fir his club Victor Harbor or representing the league -from memory he pulled his shorts down to his ankles to put his opponent off who as having a shot for goal.

I think I've heard that story too. Bryce Gibbs told it on Melb radio one day. Apparently Ross got sent off.
I thought Ross was actually having a shot at goals & wanted to be the first person to do it naked. Got sent off for time wasting.
by cracka
Thu May 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Yes agree, spectators on field a definitely not on and I've seen my share in another competition. However the South player who called his wife a 'f******g w****' basically to her face should not become some sort of hero out of this either. Unfortunately he probably will and its doubtful his club will deal with him at all. The whole thing wasn't a good look for football, but we can expect more of it unfortunately as the competition becomes more urbanised .

Because folks from the Barossa and Light regions are nothing but model citizens compared with those horrible dole bludgers from Gawler and the Northern Suburbs?

Not stereotyping by any chance?
by Extractor
Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As an umpire, I prefer teams to keep a count, I'd encourage them to discuss the figures with me over a beer after the match.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

The Family murders will be solved by the end of the day at this rate ... c'mon Psyb, spill your guts.
by dedja
Wed May 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I don't have an issue with the Power in fact I admire them in the last couple of years as they just sat back quietly while the Crows set them up beautifully. The Power care only about the Power and good on them. Its the 7 delegates that were more interested in pandering to the Crows than worrying about their own clubs that shit me.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolute crap
WTF is going on with this full court press basketball game?
Collingwood fell for the idiot cows game plan of playing U9's football of 18 players on the ball playing keepies off
Only problem is they failed miserably and kept losing their feet and dropping the ball
At one stage Cloke was at CHB with no-one in front of him
Guys were looking up at HBF with no-one to kick to
How can a team play such good football one week and that $hit the next?
Keep serving up that crap Buckley and you can f*** off
I'm glad Tommy Hafey wasn't around to see such a disgraceful performance
Who TF would pay to see that!!! That is NOT football
by Jimmy_041
Fri May 16, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You won't see Reid for a while.

I knew we'd suffer from inconsistency this year, just wish it didn't happen against the Cows.
by Q.
Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Eddie not happy

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-president-eddie-mcguire-fuming-after-adelaides-josh-jenkins-allowed-to-kick-a-goal-after-threequarter-time-siren/story-fnia3z73-1226919767353

Surely they should make a siren loud enough though...

Well its happened twice now. Surely either a louder siren or an earpiece for the umpire needs to be looked into before it costs a side a game, or potentially a final. Can you imagine the uproar if the power or crows hosted a prelim final, and the crowd noise was so loud the siren wasnt heard when a mark was taken by the opposition who converted to send them into a GF? The umps wouldnt be able to leave the stadium changerooms for a week!!!

Its fine when it works in your favour and the outcome of the game wasnt affected, but sooner or later...
by valleys07
Fri May 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You do have to laugh, just two left clicks of your mouse and you can enter the AFL thread where you will get hundreds of examples of crows and power fans whinging about Victorian teams not having to travel, COLA, soft/hard draws, amount of draft picks given to GWS and GC, father son rules, which team the local media favour and yet when SANFL whinge about a genuine concern they turn a blind eye.
by whufc
Sun May 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that the AFL clubs own their own licenses, I would like to hear someone in official capacity within the SANFL come out and state that the $$ from the sale of West Lakes will be held in trust purely for the 8 foundation SANFL clubs, with none of it going toward the AFL ventures.

I think that's entirely fair.

So do I, and in fact think it would create the "perfect world". The AFC and PAFC assume the sole responsibility for their P&L which they want, and the opportunity exists with the move away from Football Park for that to improve. The SANFL clubs, whilst still needing to accept responsibility for their own financial performance, have an injection of revenue to help them remain viable. Win-win I would have thought. (apologies for going slightly off topic)
by JK
Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol inc Post Match

Good relations between Centrals and the bowls means the club gets use of the adjacent land, as well as the school across the road. Why call it unwanted space?
Think about it....

Read a funny blog the other day http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/there-goes-the-charabanc-the-cdfc-bulldogs-supporters-bus-1970-1976/

In the context of thinking about it, worth a read.
by wild dog
Tue May 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never said they didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. Just making the point that the sanfl has has a development element to the league since probably 1991, just more explicit now.

And once again, if you read the thread you will find that I still on the fence as to the effect of the reserves teams. But the sky is not falling in...

For a fence sitter, you seem to argue every single point from a pro-viewpoint. How about you argue with the Port fans when they raise a pro-AFL argument?

Lets see where the league is in 5 years. Nobody thought the sky would collapse within 8 rounds.
by UK Fan
Wed May 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |