Mon May 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

So Westies lose one
Plus 2 former Westies player's
And we can't win a game
FFS
The “2 former Westies players” comment is irrelevant & a bit funny.
Glenelg paid 2 x $25k transfer fees to West for Turner & Durdin & get 2 x $10k compensation today.
We lose the best defender in the comp & a top line mid fielder & also lose $30k. Seems fair :lol:
Just remember you lowballed Turner.
Best defender in the comp? Now that’s funny!
Give me an alternative, not a piss weak comment.
by Spargo
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Bittersweet, also could be in the thread that makes me sad but currently serving my last shift working in a pub.
Back to the other side of the bar. :D
What happened?
I'm finding retirement boring, gave up working weekends and nights a while ago so was only doing up to 10 hours a week to keep my woolies discount card. Want to start using my brain again.
Have been offered a few jobs over the years and now seemed a good time to accept one especially with a new government,
Never worked for the place I've been offered a job too which always had benefits I was previosly jealous of and will be a new role with lots of study and possibility of working from home so am really excited to jump at it. :D
Will reasses doing nothing again in a few years, had a great break for now,
All the best.
by Spargo
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

DoublebluTiger wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I used to listen to sports shows constantly, I now listen to zero. Cannot stand the people on radio presently

Any talent out there worth giving a try?

SEN Melbourne
by Spargo
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:Doh!

F#ck me, I was counting the cash.
by Spargo
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Follow up rain this weekend starting tonight.
Finished our seeding program today with all but the last paddock sow dry. Started it yesterday after it had dried out after Mondays lovely rain and finished it about lunch time today. Record gain prices and a above average prediction of a wetter winter and spring and more rain this weekend we are all feeling pretty happy. Few tasty beverages tonight me thinks
Well deserved.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:7 touches last week and now this. Next step he will pull out for personal reasons.

15 disposals according to AFL website.

Yeah right, well that was my knob brother giving me that stat

He always was a knob :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

I have a Ladbrokes account which I haven’t used in months as they simply don’t offer much value IMO & they reduced my bet boost after I won a bit earlier this year. Get a phone call today offering a deposit match up to $150.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Eagles v South

ferret wrote:Your propaganda and slurs are not worthy of this forum.

I’m still recovering from this call ^
Next level stuff :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

When I get an outbreak I take Prednisolone, knocks it out in 2-3 days.
by Spargo
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Spargo wrote:BR 8 box tri; 1,5,7,9,11,15,18

Had 50% of it and then 15% of the F4 at the last minute 8)
by Spargo
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I knew a bloke who followed Fitzroy with all his being back in the day. Their last game was Sept 1, 1996. He hasn’t watched a game of football since, it literally broke his heart. I’ve followed North Melbourne my whole life, been a member since 1994. I fear that my reaction may be similar to my ‘Roys mate if we were to relocate. You just lose so much of your identity.
Their was far more push when the AFL were trying to ship us off to the Gold Coast compared to now going to Tassie but I’m sure more pressure will come. We need to dig our heels in again. Too much time, money & effort has been put into not only surviving but to establishing our home base at Arden St & becoming financially viable (including being the first club to cease poker machine ownership).
I sincerely hope our president/board have the same guts & ticker that Brayshaw, Archer & Co showed previously.
by Spargo
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beanie, scarf & sock day at my girls’ school today where you wear said items & every kid takes in a new item or two for those less fortunate than us, like a winter appeal donation. Youngest proudly wearing her North Melbourne beanie & scarf - “We gotta stick with ‘em Daddio”, she told me on FaceTime.
Bought a tear to the eye…
by Spargo
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

I’ve heard about the last train…
by Spargo
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Some awesome moves by Scott that got us home.
And supporter of some other clubs get frustrated because we always compete but you've got to remember we just keep bringing in players like Kelly aka Cameron, Stewart, Stengle, etc for no cost but being smart.
Love this club, everyone should follow us.
I'm drunk. :lol:
Thank you, good night.
I’m having $5 each way that won’t be your last post tonight…
by Spargo
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

is last touch rule by hand as well as foot?

Yes handball or kick

spoils/fumbles are a throw in

I hate last touch rule , no longer go to SANFL games because of it too many grey areas , if they want are last touch rule make it total last touch so no need for decision ie it is payed as last touch whether kick , handball , spoil , fumble then there is no grey areas and the rule is even for both sides all day
What grey areas? The rule couldn’t be any clearer.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

My kids are fine, the bloody dog that sheds 3 times his weight in white fur every time he gets in my car is another matter.
Was the Missus dog when we met, we get her a new car so the dog only is allowed in my car now.
Not sure how that works. :?
Not sure if the dog is neutered but it sounds like the owner’s partner is…
by Spargo
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Or book a table in the name of whatever celebrity is rumored to be in the area.

“Table for two?”
“Yes please”
“Booking?”
“Yes”
“Name?”
“Bum Crack”
“Right this way sir…”
by Spargo
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone employ a no eating in their car rule?

My car has done 500 kilometres, I went to pick the lad up the other day and then I let him drive, it had been raining so he removed his slide and tossed it in the back to which I lost it screaming "are you f******* serious?"

"I was trying to put it on the back floor" was the reply.

"Don't f******* try, just f******** do" I said subtly.

This morning I'm driving him to work when he asked if we could do a quick OTR stop, he grabs a drink and a kransky where he starts chomping away at it until he could feel the heat coming from my direction. I tried to keep it shut but then I was like "Dude, I'm not going to eat in here so I sure as hell don't want anyone else doing so".

A little pedantic, yes, but I avoided getting a brand new car while the kids were growing for this exact reason.

Me and the missus both got new cars last year, I enforced a no food rule in mine but within 2 weeks of having hers I found near empty OTR coffees in there :roll: For a non coffee drinker the smell is putrid. Reckon about 6 months later she took mine shopping and parked next to the trolley bay and took some paint off reversing out. :roll:

You never win, you just try & stay in the game…
by Spargo
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Port v North

another grub wrote:Port at home

It’s at Prospect.
by Spargo
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have Glenelg Imploded

One bad game for the season…
by Spargo
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What’s the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

I’ve never had a lentil on my face.

That's like the old:

What's the difference between a hormone and a vitamin?

You can't hear a vitamin

Or, what’s better that eating a mandarin?
Eating Amanda out…
by Spargo
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

A mate of mine was on a tour at a buddhist temple in Thailand when he got the urge. The toilet at the temple was a simple hole in the ground, no water, no paper. The only thing in the toilet besides the hole was a statue of the Buddha.

So he wiped his arse on that. :lol:

I was sitting on a “long drop” one time doing the business & a bloke sat down next to me. Pulled down his strides & a 50 cent piece fell out of his pocket into the pit below. With that he pulled out his wallet, took out a $100 note & dropped it down.
“What the hell did you do that for?” I asked
“I wasn’t going down there just for 50 cents…” he replied
by Spargo
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

At the game, so gutted. The better team by far for the first 3 qtrs, then give up with out a yelp.
by Spargo
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 The open

I’ve never “liked” so many posts in so little time.
You guys rock, I f#cking love The Open.
by Spargo
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Oh yeah.
So proud.
by Spargo
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Lovely day. This thing called winning goes alright. I could get used to it…
by Spargo
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 The open

Yep…
by Spargo
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Kahuna wrote:something in there says they couldn't make the clip like that today. If anyone watches, see if you can spot why.

Dean Ford- Reflections of My Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9bAvWS4RU

The bass drum…
by Spargo
Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Booney wrote:The AFL will confirm tomorrow the "Ginnivan" will be called play on.

If they’d come to their senses years ago the “Selwood” should’ve been called play on…
You can’t blame the kid when “Captain Courageous” has got away with it his whole career.
by Spargo
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Central v Sturt

Officejet wrote:Jared Dakin got two weeks after the Central's bloke took a dive…crap decision. Challenge that one. Hardly hit him.

Upper cut to the face which appeared to be a clenched fist, take the early plea & sit out 1.
by Spargo
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everything is fixed.

@Sonja_Hood

Our list. Not Bad.

See? All fixed.

And today they've applied for a priority pick. Get f..ked. This tweet alone should ensure they don't get it.

It is a shame that we have the first person in an administrative role to ever say something stupid. What would you rather her do? Come out and rubbish the list so those that do have value leave? Morale drops even further? Poor choice of words. If she said we had great potential on the list then no one bats an eyelid.

On an unrelated note, how many flags have Port won so far in their 5 year plan?

Just enjoy the win, don't go bigging up a list that's just got a coach sacked, she just didn't read the room.

Not for the first time, sadly.
We’ll get a priority pick, no question.
by Spargo
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:We had players leave, North is just incompetence.

Not dissimilar to your grammar…
by Spargo
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everything is fixed.

@Sonja_Hood

Our list. Not Bad.

See? All fixed.

And today they've applied for a priority pick. Get f..ked. This tweet alone should ensure they don't get it.

For a bit of balance all Premiers since 2013 have all had a Priority Pick in the last 20 years
Get f..cked :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Does anyone reckon this winter has been colder than recent years?

or maybe Im just getting old

100% - I rarely feel the cold & I have this winter. But I love it.
by Spargo
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Dapto R6 # 5, looking for the hat trick & should give them something to chase at odds.
by Spargo
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Carlton will be stuck on 12 wins at the end of the season. They’re not winning at the Gabba & they’re not beating Melbourne or Collingwood.
Will have to now rely on other sides losing to make the finals.
by Spargo
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 West vs Bays

Bit hard these days in this day of flat screen TVs but I could put a Bays scarf on it ‘spose.

But I’ll bite, compared to the saccharine soulless franchise based competition that seems to preoccupy the southern media, watching the Bays is always a better alternative.

I don’t expect every one “to get it”

Just and always remember, you tried to be a part of it too. Not sure that Glouth rolls off the tongue too well though.
I am well aware of my clubs history, I also know many Glenelg supporters that didn’t want it and that was one of the factors that led to that bid falling over quicker than it was set up.

More than happy of where we are at now as club, safe knowledge of who we are and playing in our traditional colours 8)

Don't over think it man, colours and names is kindergarten stuff
Does that include the annual bitching & moaning from a certain club to wear a certain guernsey?
by Spargo
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 22-23

DOC wrote:you are Fulham, not sure which one though

I had us as Daylight…
by Spargo
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cunners…
by Spargo
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Centrals vsC#%*s. 5:00 Saturday

Dogs to win with a kick after the siren.
by Spargo
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some clueless posting here…
by Spargo
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never seen an oval like it. They’ve built the new club rooms, tennis courts & practice pitches at the bottom end, hope they’ve got the drainage covered.
On to the game, first half a goalless arm wrestle. Game broke open after that with Brighton jagging two uphill into the breeze, you could see Mt Lofty drop their collective heads, spirits broken. The last qtr was a formality with the Bombers slamming on another 5 goals to 1 to record a comfortable victory. Said goal umpires didn’t swap ends to save energy & remain focused, thus no contentious decisions made.
A good end to the season for the mighty Under 11 girls from Brighton.
by Spargo
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Watched the 1st half replay last night, LDU :shock:

Inside 50’s were 39-19 at halftime, should’ve been game over. Our forward line was so dysfunctional. No fit players on the bench at 3qt, last quarter was inevitable.
by Spargo
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

That footage shown last night on footy classified of Truck being ignored by one of his players on the bench was horrific. The disrespect...I would have delisted whoever that pleb was on the spot.
It was a tad misleading, they showed clips of Port running amok against Essendon beforehand inferring it was from the weekend when in fact the bench footage came from the game vs North when they were comfortably in front.
by Spargo
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome home, Alastair.
What a great day for the club.
Now, if you don’t mind, I’ve got quite a bit of scaling & filleting to do…
by Spargo
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Todd Viney to be his right hand man.
by Spargo
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez Clarko looked good in the blue & white polo at the presser.
F#ck I’m stoked.
by Spargo
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:I have a more simplistic view on the matter based on 4 capital letters. Beer time Bruvs, lets flog this dead horse another time :D

As if you’ve waited this long to have one…
by Spargo
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |