Search found more than 5439 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Wedgie wrote:
Spargo wrote:They're not playing banjos, chewin' straw and rooting their siblings like the home crowd tonight though.....

Sounds like a North Melbourne after match players function. ;)

don't they put their keys in a bowl and go home with each other wife's?
by kickinit
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Has anyone ever organised an SAFooty meet'n'greet before?

I think it would go something like this...

@johno6 @woodublieve12 @spargo
by HH3
Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Spargo wrote:We have an addition to the safooty family.
I'll let Dad do the honours when he has a moment......

Not much gets past you Spargo. The early hours of this morning ushered in a beautiful baby girl. GFC memberships have risen by one.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There is a lot of discord on here and a lot of " get over it" or "move on"
But step back for a second. Those who feel passionately about not having Reserve teams in the SANFL have a right to push their cause, and where else are they expected to do this other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL.

Anyone who suggests they should raise it with their clubs should think first.
A) Don't you think these people, so passionate about their league, haven't already done that?
B) During the whole 'debate', such as it was, how many of the 6 clubs that voted yes actually asked for their own members views?
C) Ergo, the clubs not having asked for views let alone votes from members, how many are likely to acknowledge or accept any dissension from any members?

In other words, where else are these passionate supporters of the SANFL supposed to vent their protests other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL ?
I note that many who take the "move on" or "get over it" stance are either Port Adelaide supporters or have the Crows as their AFL team. Either way those same people have an obvious loyalty to the AFL or their reserve sides and not ultimately to the SANFL.

Personally I think it is a shame what has happened to the SANFL forum on SAFooty.net and feel for the administrators who need to generate income to pay for the site. Many members have stopped posting, traffic certainly seems to be on the wane and this might be a worry for the admin team ?

I am sure the "move on" or "get over it" brigade will point the finger at the 'whingers' for driving posters away, without a single consideration that some posters have "moved on" and "got over it" by changing sports codes or just lost interest altogether. Or god forbid decided that the SANFL is no longer for them and neither is an SANFL forum.

I have a genuine sympathy for those SANFL supporters who oppose the unilateral decisions made by 'Their' clubs. I've taken the stance to continue supporting my club by way of memberships and sponsorship but I certainly feel the SANFL has been degraded by the inclusion of the AFL Reserve sides. But it is an easier decision for me, not standing on the outer every week watching my team.
I also acknowledge the absolute frustration, anger and genuine angst many members feel that a club they have supported all their lives made a fundamental league changing decision without having the opportunity to not only vote on the issue but even have a say.

Remember for true SANFL fans, like fans of other sports, their club is for life. It's part of their family, it's their wife, son and daughter, it's their best mates and a way of life. Those who feel betrayed by their club will feel genuine anger and heartache which sometimes you can't just "get over it" or "move on".

And if you think it's all bullshit, think how you feel when your team loses a grand final !! Now transfer that feeling every day of the week, every week of the season. It might be a bit easier when you have 2 teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team and therefore you genuinely don't understand what all the fuss us about? Well good luck to ya. Not everyone feels the same.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

I think we should step back in time and untweak a few things that didn't need tweaking.

* Piss the interchange cap off.

a cap would ensure players would have to stay out on the field longer and tire, instead of rotating 4 players every 30 seconds when theyre heart rate is peaking

there is no exhaustion out there, it needs to return

the ruck rules are also ugly, i felt sick in the port bombers game when the ump pulled out infringements multiple times for simple innocent wrestling

no bouncing the ball, throw up everytime, and prevent having to bring the ball back when the ump **** up his bounce

* one forward & one defender must be in the forward 50 at all times is a rule i like

Another way we could bugger players so they can't run so much is enforcing a piss up rule after every game. This would reduce fitness levels to 1980's levels when there was nothing wrong with the game. It would also ensure players enjoy their footy more and take out that awkward question of "should we ban drinking" bullshit, because it would be mandatory and everyone would have to do it.
I think after a win players should record blood alcohol readings of .2 before they are allowed to stop drinking. If a player passes out before then there should be a doctor on hand to check that he has actually passed out, we don't want anyone faking it.
Losing teams should be divided into groups of 4, and each group should be responsible for demolishing at least one carton of beer between them. Of course they are welcome to drink more if they want to, and this should be encouraged, but it is important that we establish some baseline.
All drinking should take place at a sanctioned piss up place with a big sign on the door that says "Drunk AFL Blokes Behaving Badly: leave your cameras and recording devices at the door". All participants should be made to sign away their rights to complain, sue, publish or sell any stories they have from the night.
Other positives are that it would remove the temptation to do harder drugs that don't impede fitness, it would open the door for sponsors and put the Australianess back into the game.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unidentified Centrals Player

Ah ok, the only other one I can think of then is Geoffrey Robertson.
by GWW
Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Finally getting out to play gridiron.

I was going to do it last season, but the broken collarbone ended that dream. I played Gaelic in the summer instead.

Been training for roughly 6 weeks (dropped footy training and playing Cs as a result) just so I can actually get a few seasons of gridiron in before Im too old and my body's rooted.

Training is heaps of fun. Learning a lot about the game. I follow the NFL a lot closer than I follow the AFL, and even the amount of stuff I watch and read, there's a lot of stuff you would never pick up without doing it.

Started full pads training a couple of weeks ago, and anyone that says gridiron players are soft for wearing pads has obviously never taken a hit in them. The very first time I had a helmet to helmet collision, it blew my mind all the sensations that ran through my body. The sound of the clash was deafening, my neck snapped further back than I would like, and then the rest of the other guys body caught up and put me down. Got up fairly gingerly that time.

Tonight we did a fair bit of full pace/full contact work, and the difference in my technique is night and day compared to that first hit.

Loving it so much that I don't even notice that we go over the two hour training time, and usually at the end, Im disappointed I have to leave.

Got my playbook tonight, so got lots to learn.
by HH3
Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone post the link to the story yesterday in the paper where that Parkinson dick said how good the reserves sides are for the comp

Edit found it
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-working-perfectly-for-crows-power/story-fni5ezdm-1227484988551
below is a brilliant response to this ^^^^ article, by fellow Bulldog supporter, Pluto, posted on the CDFC forum.

Interesting article gentlemen. Couple of points I'd like to raise. You haven't said whether or not it is in the interests of the 8 SANFL teams to have the AFL Franchise teams in this competition. Nor do the opinions of the SANFL club CEO’s get a mention only …” Andrew and Keith they’re happy with how it’s working as well…”.

Further, I take it that when you state ..” And the majority of people who go to SANFL football are really enjoying it, want to continue to enjoy it and are really proud of their club, its tradition and its rivalries..” here you are talking about the Adelaide Crows and the Port Adelaide Power AFL franchise teams supporter bases and not the 8 SANFL teams!

You state that …“Certainly all the conversations that I’ve had say that the best solution as it stands is that it is the best solution for the (AFL) clubs in South Australia. Certainly it’s the right solution for having AFL players play in the SANFL….”.

I would respectfully ask who you had these conversations with? Did they canvass all Club CEO’s and Directors, Coaches, players and supporter groups (SANFL club supporter groups) etc? If so can you please provide dates, audience numbers/participants and discussion points mentioned. I’d be fascinated to hear who said what on this matter. Great for the AFL Franchise Players? Thought your brief was to support SANFL and it's clubs players?

Have you consulted with the SANFL players themselves about their welfare? To compete with the professional athletes employed by the 2 AFL Franchise teams, training requirements of the sub – professional SANFL players has increased substantively for little or no reward. Indeed you reduced the salary cap. Longer hours on the training track, larger impact on home, work and social life will have a telling effect on them individually and will ultimately affect the standard of our game and makes it all the more tempting to quit league footy and play in the country for a lot more money and a better quality of life! Lucky there’s not a player’s collective in the SANFL guys or you’d be in real trouble!

Inequities in the current playing conditions are ridiculous. The Adelaide Crows top up players get $400 per match for training 1 night a week. If they don’t play for them they return back to their assigned clubs on even higher wages or they play twice over the weekend and make significantly more money than do other players with the traditional SANFL teams. Where’s the fairness in this? What salary cap? Players who opted out of the SANFL system due to time and training commitment requirements are gifted League games. Makes a mockery of what players at other clubs are doing. Don’t get me started on the Port Adelaide Power debacle. How can you possibly allow them access to the competition with another different set of condition? At the very least Power academy side must go and they get their top-up players as per the Adelaide Crows franchise!

It would appear to me from the wording of the story that there will be no changes to the competition as it stands over the next few years which disappoints me. I would like to extend an offer to you both to come down to the Central Districts FC Annual General meeting late October this year where you both can stand up and explain to me and the “minority” just what you mean by …“And this year, I again think that on all measures apart from one the SANFL has more interest in it”. I’d also like you to be able to demonstrate the research you have that supports the prognosis that it’s“…Certainly there’s a minority of people who don’t like the structure as it is at the moment…”

As a loyal follower of this completion for over 60 years it would be really nice if just once someone from the hierarchy of the SANFL would address an audience of loyal SANFL football followers, players, officials etc. and explain the benefits of the current arrangements to us. Give all the 8 SANFL Club financial members the opportunity to view the pro’s and cons of the argument and let us have a vote on whether the 2 franchise teams are to remain in the SANFL. Explain to us why you allowed the misconception that both AFL Franchise teams would pay the SANFL existing teams $50,000 each per year to continue? If you’re right and it is only …” a minority of people who don’t like the structure as it is at the moment..” what have you got to lose? It can even be a non-binding vote.
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Spargo HH3 Jimmy_041 Pels Flyinghigh Alaska Johno6 +Anybody else that I have forgotten & are keen:

SAFooty NFL tipping is back for the 2015-16 season!

Please join the competition using this link: http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SA_Footy_NFL_Tipping_2015-16

Password is SAFooty.

Entry fee will be $10, prize money determined once I have confirmed the number of participants. Wedgie - Any chance of some SAFooty merch for the winner?

Please let me know when you have joined, and I will PM you my bank details (I cannot remember what I sent everyone last year). If you enter the comp and dont pay- tip away but you will remain ineligble for the prize pool.

Enjoy and best of luck!

Valleys.
by valleys07
Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When your boss says, "let's go have a beer".

See ya, folks. Have a good weekend. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

who remembers these at school :D ?
by Bully
Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I posted this on Twitter a couple of weeks ago to the SANFL clubs and the SANFL...
by cennals05
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Did Davoren Park even exist in 1983, besides masses of paddocks? :lol:

Davvo was formerly Elizabeth Fields and Elizabeth West, they changed to Davoren Park to lose the stereotype.

That worked.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps some are staying away because they are indifferent to the competition but times change and rivalries change, move on. The challenge for the SANFL and the clubs is to put on a product which entices the fans out to the local game. I witnessed an excellent game 2 weeks ago between the Eagles & the Crows. If there were more of that standard you would have supporters flocking back to the grounds.
This is a comment from 'Walter' published at the end of Faulkner's article, and it touches on the perception that non-SANFL people (and based on its context, I'll assume Walter is a Crows supporter) have for the competition.

The most offensive and patronising thing is the 'move on' sentiment. Stop sooking about your league, times change, so harden up and get with the program, right? A lot of people have 'moved on' following the introduction of the Crows and Port in the last 25 years. They have accepted its place as a second tier competition. Moreover, they have spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time, money, and passion investing in their clubs, and to have a Johnny-come-lately tell you that you should disregard what it means to you is, well, flat-out offensive. When the boot is on the other foot and Crows are on the receiving end of unfavorable administrative decisions from above, then let's see who has the courage to 'move on'.

I find it amusing and annoying that those who spend the least amount of time participating in the SANFL seem to be the most opinionated voices in terms of how it should be managed and administered.

Hear Hear, My sentiments exactly. Moving on is the easiest thing to do. Its easy to follow a local AFL team. So much media exposure, participating remotely, watch the game in HD with mates and family, taxpayers to fund brand new facilities and transportation, kids easily entertained and forget about it after the game.

The worst thing about the current state of the SANFL is I care. I care about the club, about the people within the club, their jobs and the impact of the last couple of seasons. Its easy to just follow the AFL and totally depersonalise the thing, become a Walter and boo and cheer from my brand new Adelaide Oval seat or in front of my HD TV. I sponsor my club, try to attend all the events, spend at the auctions, spend at the lunches, donate to improvements, buy and sell the raffle tickets and to a lesser extent volunteer my services when they are required. I wonder what Walter does?
by wild dog
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One for those that would travel through Darlington on a regular basis.

by Keefy
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can't compromise on this, there is only 1 solution, kick them out......and if we go arse up, well we were going to anyway BUT I'd rather go arse up under our terms, not theirs.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Balaklava Cup Day

Spargo wrote:You backing them or just picking them Boon?

Backed all the races today.

So far :

Race 1 e/w
Race 2 e/w
Race 3* win

*edit - Race 3 *
by Booney
Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate that I spent all of today at the W&CH. I rate it, for the care of the staff and medicos. We are lucky to have that level of care. I also rate today for the fact that my daughter, who was born three months early and was the size of a reasonable parmi, had her fourth set of grommets put in in three years. I rate it, because of all the problems that being born so early could have caused, this is all we have to deal with, when I know the potential for heart/lung/brain issues, along with other stuff is so very high. We are so very lucky and she is a bloody little champion.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Try Jesus

I think he pronounces it different....
by HH3
Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If my Club had voted YES, I'm not sure I could give them my blind loyalty . I also know how hard Kris Grant is working to get change, so I feel I owe the club some loyalty. However that loyalty will be tested if changes are not at least made to Ports model. At a minimum I expect them in under the same model as the Crows. This means no home games, no Academy side and they pay the fee of $400000.

I couldn't.
So 2014 I bought a SAFC Membership & went & watched them - wasn't the same, in fact far from it :(
No Passion.
As a result, I've been to watch 4 games this year - Norwood twice, Sturt twice (I live on the Eastern side of Town now) - Adelaide Oval, Norwood & Unley.

My passion (& my son's for that matter) goes away from the SANFL now & to another code.
I can't watch the AFL - I loath it.
I can hardly watch the SANFL - I loath what's happened to it.
It hurts because the SANFL was such a huge part of my life from the age of 4 to the age of 43 - West Torrens as a Junior, WWTFC as a Father & Supporter - almost every weekend with my lad for 8 seasons; kicks in the parks around the Suburban Grounds, beers & bets in the Club Bars all before the games. It was 'Boys Day' each week - sadly, that's gone forever because my Club voted Yes without so much as a Member Vote.
I have also lost a couple of friends as well because they say I abandoned my Club - perhaps I did but the Club abandoned me (& others) first by not listening to our concerns & by not allowing us a say.
Kay Sera :(
by LPH
Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Just looking at fathers day cards for my dad and father-in-law and reading them with the kids. All of a sudden lil miss goodness (4) calls jnr Nugget (2) in to her room then both appear with massive smiles and a large wrapped present with a card. Mrs NG flies up and tells them to put it away and both start crying cos they wanna give me the present today!

Little champs.
by nuggety goodness
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Hayne officially a 49'er
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Royal Adelaide Show

Corona Man wrote:Not been for 15 years, hopefully wont go for another 15 years.... pass!

whats so special about the 2030 Royal Adelaide Show?
by Johno6
Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not a "rep" as such, most "reps" don't care if they're selling toilet paper or pens, but I am in a sales role and I can assure you, not also sales "reps" sit at home deciding to take the yacht out or not. ;)
Some go into the office and post on SAFooty all day.... :lol:

Or on the i-pad, or the phone, while out selling.... ;)
by Booney
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Interesting to note, rumour coming out of Elizabeth last night, Central was prepared to boycott Sunday's match if Gray was allowed to play.

=))

"We might have done something if something that didn't happen, did happen!"

So if a guy who played 10 SANFL games was permitted to play your club would have forfeited 12 months work. :roll: :lol: Now I am all for rumour and innuendo on this site, the forum is built on it but let's draw the line at cosmic fantasy :lol:

OK can I try one....Early last year Boon came over my house to buy some drills. If our Mrs didn't have us on a time line we were going to clear the State of Bikies and use the drills to shut their club rooms and then enter and win Australia's next top models. I get it now, this is fun ;)

Yeah someone mentions its a rumour and you guys get all uppity. Think skinned even to the suggestion of a principled stance. Central Districts Football Club is the only club which is publically standing up and saying this current situation is not acceptable. It would not surprise me in the least if heated discussions were taking place over any bending of the rules for Port Power. Boycott, yeah a bit over the top, but who could blame them.
by wild dog
Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cats
Pictures of cats
by RustyCage
Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - WWT v West Adelaide

Im a bit meh as I cant stand West, mainly due to their flog supporters.
Not too bothered who wins but Eagles have been the best side all year so deserve a spot in the GF

Your the Flog mate. Tell us how many lazy hitouts Baulderstone is getting this week. :shock: :shock: :shock:
About the same ammount of hitouts as premierships you've won in the last 30 years.
by Jim05
Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Well done Centrals
Did the comp a favour today
by johntheclaret
Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

**** up with the thread there, apologies.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

I remember back in the early 90's getting home in the wee hours of a Sunday morning, invariably "full as the last tram" and tuning in to the BBC & listening to the late, great James Alexander Gordon read every score from every division.
(sometimes waking up later and forgetting how Southampton went & having to ring channel 9 to find out the results again :lol: )

I use to love the bbc broadcast

Oh oh oh there has been a goal at Upton Park

Nervous pause of silence

And it's been the away sides dominance that has been rewarded with a goal

by whufc
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Oh the endless nights listening to Sportsworld on a sat night-sun morning.

Was lucky enough to get too listen to the sunday night-mon mornings up until very recently when changed jobs.

When Birmingham beat Arsenal in the final of the Cup I was listening to it while working at the Airport.

noone has ever seen anybody so happy at 4am
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

bennymacca wrote:reckon they will cop a hiding in the first final anyway, whoever they play.

Cant say they dont deserve to be there, but they are clearly the worst team in the eight imo.

=)) =)) =)) =))
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Fair point Spargo. As I mentioned it's his story to tell, but being bitter for such a long period won't make your life any better and it's not fair to continue everyday life living with such bitterness because of the scenarios that played out. But as you said it's his life and who am I to tell him how he should feel. It's just an opinion as you pointed out.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Unless you've been in the same situation, whilst you're more than entitled opinion - you've no idea how Stevo feels, felt or why he really did the interview.
The fact Anthony's motives/reasons for doing the interview are being questioned is more than a little incredulous to me.
Bitterness? He's entitled to feel this for as long as he likes. Betrayed by his mate who was a dog and his wife who was a slut.

I had a mate who close mate did the dirty on him with his partner of 10 years and he very subtly but certainly found out.

That night he numbed himself and took a large concealed steel pole to the a$$holes work where he worked on the front desk and politely asked where he was. He had called in sick that night. The greatest sick day ever as he would have ruined his life that night. The next day the sun came up and he thanked God for being so lucky that he had a chance to move forward. I have no doubt the betrayal, lies and deception laced with the rage and poor decision making would have made him commit a horrific crime and there was no way really to stop him but Ultimately luckily he didn't. It took time but he moved on. What they did was the c$nt act but he was the one who would have suffered

What those a$$holes did was enough to break a man or send him over the edge, they are lucky Stevo took it as well as he did. I know for some it's enough to tip them over the edge. Can't really blame him for being a bit bitter
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL owes Port how much moron-rell?
Plz, inform us all of the ACTUAL $$$

You quote 1870... here's a couple more years for you:
1986 - virtually broke
1990 - tried to send the SANFL broke
1996 - shat on their supporters & 'split' the Club, using SANFL Money to join the AFL & Rosewater FC Ground
2006 - hand outs from SANFL to keep Magpies afloat
2008 - more 'crying poor' & SANFL handouts
2010 - AFL side a 'basket case', Magpies broke - BOTH AFL & SANFL handouts
2011 - more 'borrowed' money from SANFL to keep Magpies afloat (also the $2 campaign)
2012 - more handouts - advances on future AFL Dividends
2013 - another advance on future AFL Dividends
2014 - $16 million to move to Adelaide Oval & store the Tarps from a fully paid stadium with MORE seats!
2015 - a 'better stadium deal' from the SMA because 'crying poor' again!

All of the above have paid the 'debt' & interest, don't you think?
I love how you manage to re-write History to support your flawed argument.

I absolutely agree - we need to move on.
Unfortunately, the damage is done - nothing good has come of this venture & the SANFL only has itself to blame.
But for you to suggest that the Competition is better off having these 2 AFL Reserves Teams in it, beggars belief!
The facts are that in the period between 1996 & 2013, the SANFL was showing signs of great recovery as a legitimate alternative (in this State) to the Corporate Monster that is the AFL. Through the short sighted decisions of a few, those gains have disappeared in the space of 2 short seasons.

And you have the audacity to suggest its a good thing?
Please...
by LPH
Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought Steve Summerton said it best.
by RB
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

I'll just leave this one here.

bennymacca wrote:reckon they will cop a hiding in the first final anyway, whoever they play.

Cant say they dont deserve to be there, but they are clearly the worst team in the eight imo.
by HH3
Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

They have done well, but you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.

I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week, but as you guys seem at pains to point out, i keep underestimating North.

Be interesting to see how they go this week

2 prelims in last 12 months winning 4 out of 5 finals, travelling to Sydney on a 6 day break and win well and still don't acknowledge them? :lol:

And this is all without bottoming out like every other finalist to get draft picks and rebuilding...
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Failed Creation wrote:My youngest nephew likes to flip me the bird, and call me a poofter...

I've been called worse.

He's 28
by HH3
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

Late last week Goldstein was $34 to poll most votes in the last 10 rounds, in to $26 a coupla days ago. Not the worst bet going around.
by JK
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Guy over the back was doing renos again last sat arvo while a mate and myself were having some beers watching the races.
Mr 3 goes to the back fence and says "oi man stop the noise daddy can't hear the horses"
by The Ash Man
Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

What was the rest of the deal last year where the Crows gave Geelong pick 10 in exchange for pick 14?
Maybe that was a down payment to ensure Geelong traded for paddy rather than took him as a free agent? It seemed a weird deal at the time.
Interesting conspiracy theory, makes a lot of sense though. I'm starting to worry when we're thinking the same way lately. :D

My education of you is nearly complete then, There's a few other posters who could take a leaf out of your book. The sooner we all agree with me the better this forum will be ;)

Our education would indeed reach your level if we took every leaf out of every book. ;)

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that a Bradford City player has been selected for the Socceroos squad to play Jordan...
Well done James Meredith...
by Jase
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you ask 'What's wrong?' and they say 'Nothing' even though there clearly IS something wrong and you're in the doghouse for it. :evil: And people reckon only women behave like this.
After nearly 13 years of marriage Mrs Jase and I have a way of working this... sometines it does take Mrs Jase a bit of time to say that there might be something wrong as she doesnt want to burden me...

So we have agreed that I will ask 3 times... if by the end of the 3rd time and still nothing then she cant complain that i didnt ask...

I ask and she knows that I have noticed an issue and she gets a couple of chances to work out herself what is going on...

Winner winner....

If I ask 3 times I'll end up with a Black Eye, and still be in the doghouse (usually for a mood that someone else has put her in)
by JK
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Interesting timing on that one, I'd be interested to know whose addresses weren't updated.

He's about yay high, tats, goes by the gang name "Buddy"...
by HH3
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Since I work from home by myself, I may just actually have my Christmas party in the bath
by Dissident
Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloke at work who runs our lotto syndicate. We take a system 10 on Saturdays, same no's every week.
He knows my stance on changing them - major no no, don't do it.
He has weakened to a few who want to change the no's because we haven't had a return this year. F#ck me, do these halfwits know the odds of getting some sort of collect? Do they realise it's called gambling for a reason?
I feel sick in advance about checking our previous lot of no's in every weeks results now.
How sick are you gonna feel if you're sharing in a multimillion dollar payday on Sunday because they got changed?

Buy your own ticket with the old numbers too. Win win.
Or stop gambling altogether and put the money aside that you would normally spend on it... guarantee you'll come out in front!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54922215.jpg
by Booney
Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

woodublieve12 wrote:Sick of people piss and moan about umpires! !!! Freo crumbled under the pump. Good sides take their chances, freo didn't. So get off!!!

Bang on the money!! Both teams had the chance to win tonight regardless of decisions, one team stood up more than the other, simple as.
by JK
Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Fair to say after standing in the outer, watching ordinary footy, wooden spoons and near misses for 32 years I am so emotional at the moment I can bearly string a sentence together. Yelled my head off and have no voice but winning today makes it all worth while. Got to share a grand final victory with my two sons which is indescribable.

I'm so proud of these lads and where they came from last season. Was not a fan of the Mickan appointment but he certainly has made me eat my words. Well done to Mark.

Cannot believe I can say "we are the premiers"
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |