Search found 47 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Reading the comments above from J.Kernahan it would appear that the umpire was collected by accident, Surely this would be a massive deal if there was any suspision that it was deliberate.
He got Twelve games (10 with two pending) which if you go by last years tribunal sentences, means they are Penalising him purely because he made contact with an umpire, which we are not supposed to do.
by The Rooster
Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4 to 3 is a massive jump, in 2013 in div 4 we lost 1 game for the year in both the A & B grade, with almost the same sides last year in div 3 we won 6 or 7 seven in the a grade and about 10 in the ressies.
by Magnum Force
Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope Valley look to be the stand out in the B's, with NH and Sals not far behind. There isn't much behind that and I would say outside of those 3 the standard is weaker than Div 5 Reserve last season.

I honestly believe our D Grade would have beaten Kilburn yesterday and Hope Valleys probably would too.

Trying to be the under dogs again. :)

isn't this standard proceedure in these forums??? :lol:
by woodublieve12
Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some teams appear to be struggling at this stage, but sometimes clubs have the ability to draw players out, especially in the second half of the season. Shall we call it the "transadelaide/glandore effect" Eastern Park were completley different the second time around last year, this has been known to happen in the magoos.
by The Rooster
Mon May 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Why? Whats wrong with it?

SHows he has too much time on his hands but otherwise very clever.

There wasn't much wrong with the other one either, not sure where that went

other one was crap and took a cheap swipe at heccie supporters
by Robb_Stark
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:well you can look like clowns by being sore winners and typing a fricken poem about the opposition supporters .... but yes your undefeated may as well hand you guys the flag now and just drink beer for the rest of the season!

One simple rule Wonderkid, please don't ever take superboot seriously.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth doing a number on North Haven. Go you Kookaburras!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We do repay the favour when we go out there too. Hardest ground I've played at.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edit my stupidity I meant 9 wins.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

even with the upsets on the weekend still a log jam kenilworth drop back a notch but still hope valley pooraka and west all in hunt for 5th spot

none of these sides can really afford to drop a game and probably need to cause an upset to put pressure back on the other clubs

also north haven having second half yips
by Robb_Stark
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a very disappointing last qtr in the A grade today with one umpire deciding to ruin a massive game for both clubs ! now no 11 for us deserved his yellow card but to firstly not yellow card no 4 for the elbow to the head to begin with was a disgrace , then secondly to yellow card 2 more players for just questioning the decision without abuse or swear words used was an utter farcical and that umpire should be shamed of himself. which then left us with 17 players as we had an injured player ruined the game which would have been a grandstand finish!

The b grade for Kenilworth had a great win and are starting to play some good footy at the right end of the year beating a team above us for the first time this year looking fwd to the last 3 rounds and then finals for sure

No 4 is the coach, sounds like he is leading from the front with his elbows
by Bluedemon
Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity how many times this year and in the past has the players father umpired a WOS match? Not having a shot at WOS as it's a great club and good blokes, however yesterday's free kick count for the match was 34-9 in a drawn game of footy including 24-2 from the said individual. Doesn't leave much to the imagination....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can see both sides. Play on would've been my call to be honest.
by Pag
Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

I would've preferred to play before the A grade game at West Croydon - their supporters don't bother me, and would've been good to get on the cans and watch the A grade final..
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.
Nope they'll probably schedule both games at the same venue just to keep people guessing again..
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EddieV wrote:tell me the time and where to bring my boots and I'm there
10:15 in Noarlunga.. good luck, make sure you car pool and take your best 4 players with you ;) 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

wonder_kid wrote:Edward Lindsay *

Crap..lol..I got it the right way around in the other thread. :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Ive been told that he didnt think he had that good of a year hopefully hes just modest

Yeah, played 3 shit games.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Captained my cricket side last year, and coaching a football side this year.. Very different stresses, but the hours of footy and strategy etc that goes into it, I found it easier to manage the cricket captaining by a street.. Just me though
If you're just a stand alone captain for cricket it's much easier - especially if you have a good coach that puts in the work behind the scenes. I was more referring to captain/coaches.

You're dead right about the strategy side of footy etc. compared to cricket - I spend most my week reviewing games, researching oppositions sides and planning match ups for the coming week with footy, but cricket its basically the same concept each week with some slight tinkering and I rarely bother with the opposition.
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

God I'm over clubs telling the league "what we wanna do". Top 60 A Grade sides should be playing in the top 6 divisions.
by jo172
Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

Then make it stronger. That's rather the point of promotion.
And how does a club do that without throwing money around?

I'm not saying I agree with what they've done, I'm just saying they obviously have their reasons to use their wild card.
Don't think you got the gist of what I was saying LM. Not that you would miss having a pot at Kilburn anyway. I was discussing the thoughts of the players being held back to a lower grade than they could achieve. Now with out bagging Kilburn, try to answer that.
Hey fella, it's the first time I've ever posted a negative comment towards Kilburn, I have the utmost respect for those who stuck around despite the beltings, I admire the club for toughing it out and staying up and not taking the easy option and I think it was great that the blokes like Shrek, Galbraith & co went back to continue what they had started.

There's no hate here mate, you guys got through, I don't think Salisbury would be able to do the same, not many clubs could.

If money isn't coming through on a Saturday evening at most clubs, they don't go anywhere.

Kilburn were a complete shambles for a myriad of reasons, Salisbury are the total opposite why are you talking as if the two situations are related?
by Boosh
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rule 37.5

Over the last lustrum we seem to have an annual argument regarding clubs exercising their right under rule 37.5 and refuse their right of promotion after making a Grand Final. We have seen the flow on effects from club's doing this causing chaos on the rest of the League.

My question is, with Salisbury's decision (which I agree with Shrek, it's piss weak) should the Clubs consider amending Rule 37.5 to the effect that A Grade Grand Finalists cannot refuse promotion (I can understand that there may be some cause for leeway where a C Grade wins A7)

I personally can't see what negative effect an amendment of this type would have.

Thoughts?
by jo172
Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

[quBrahma didn't struggle was poor management of funds that caused their downfall & sa.

I love you minion master but crap that spews out of your mouth at times astounds me. Brahma refused to match country payments , that's why their players left. Don't confuse them with Westies and Kilburn.

didnt a heap of them go to salisbury west?

imo the rot actually started with the TTG C grade in 2013 being dragged screaming into div 6 and putting up the white flag after 2 games and going to a lower grade..even if it was a clubs C grade not A grade..i said at the time that was setting a very bad precedent but i was howled down..look at what has happened since..

historically clubs have had to endure the pain and i have played and coached in basket case teams so i know exactly how it feels..that was life..now they pick and choose what option they want to ensure they can win games..and you get the farcical salisbury situation..
by zedman
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Kangarilla started yet? They might need to after only winning 3 games last year.
Is Baldock bringing any big recruits besides yourself Wonder_kid
by number2
Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Josh Glenn Would be spewing Craig Taylor is back in this league. Now Glenn is the 2nd biggest pick up in this comp!
by carey
Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was chatting to some blokes down the local last week about the banter in the crowd from the Kenilworth v Havens game round 11 this year. Some real quality sledges and shit talk from both lots supporters but when the game finished it was best wishes. Great for local footy and the Haven fans were good value and the players were great to talk to in the bar afterwards.
Good to hear that, though I have to say the only banter i heard from Kenilworth was from a couple of peanuts behind the goals who had an IQ of 50 between them.

The fact I know exactly who you are talking about tells you we encountered these genetic anomalies also.

The best banter of that day goes to that Moser bloke, one of our defenders said "I thought you weren't playing because of ............ and Moser replied "yeah but I am back now haven't you seen the scoreboard?"

Funny and accurate as he destroyed us that day.
by Boosh
Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gums started pre season last night any news on any recruits other than the rumour of dyl McIver returning from Elizabeth and mansells services not being retained?
3 big recruits from eliz in Mciver ,olewenski and Taylor very handy players.
Mciver top 3 finish B&F and capt this year
Ollie B&F 2014 and r/u 2015
Taylor B&F 2015
Mciver and Ollie very good mids both have good strengths and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.
Taylor smart around goals great work rate and so strong it ain't funny.
Donners would be happy to have these aboard.
by Robran
Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

What is wrong with Wallaroo taking the same approach. At least they will have a group who will play for the jumper and not the $$$. And name me a football club Committee that doesn't have several with their own lads playing at the club. Provided the Coach is boss when it comes to game plan and selection, then no problems.

I can understand why small town clubs need to recruit because they just don't have enough locals to field teams although the $$$ being splashed around by some small towns is bordering on obscene.
by Down the Hill
Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Maybe less lipping and some more winning finals should be the priority at nth haven in 2016 i reckon!

Ha ha ha ha yesssss!!!!!!!!!!
by The Big Shrek
Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:And perhaps you should be worried about making them

Not much point in making them if one can't win them
by X Runna
Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Back on the chain gang"

^Pretenders song
by wristwatcher
Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Taylor to tag Glenn.
by carey
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's only Para Hills at this point, AFAIK.

Actually, it appears that there is another club - but it's NOT Pooraka.

The club isn't in D4 but should they fall over, it will create a domino effect which may effect this div.

PS: It's not Kilburn

There. Now you have a whole new set of conclusions to jump to 8)

So instead of creating this league wide anxiety over clubs falling over everywhere, how about you just say who you've heard. Either way its quite petty imo. Fueling rumours and innuendo which would be pretty rough for club volunteers hearing that everyone thinks their club is about to fall over...
by adr107
Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like Kangy's have had a massive amount of ins this season, will take some time for these blokes to gel... great to hear you guys were competitive. Always enjoyed a beer or 3 down there & those steak sangers are awesome as well...
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

I don't think a C-Grade of a Div 1 club has ever played finals in D6.

So the statement "The Div 4R premier would be very competitive in Div 6" is massive stretch of the imagination.
by Q.
Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

The problem with the rules is that are put in place for the top end type transfers, rather than the everyday transfers.

How many B Graders realistically can transfer to another club and become match-winners, unless they are dropping 4-5 grades.

All the current system is doing is stopping people from being able to play at a club they choose.

Lets just say a kid from Pt Augusta plays 3 A games but the rest B's, moves to Adelaide for Uni, no club will want him (or be able to fit him into the As) because he is points, even if he turns up on his own want to play with mates at a club.

And the same with country clubs, bar the odd handful of Div1 Reserve players, country clubs aren't headhunting B graders, they only have minimal points to use, and usually have enough cash to get the best points players they want. But say a B grader in the ammos play 1 A grade game last year wants to go play with family/friends at a country club, that club may not fit him in if they have used their points.

All this does normally is turn blokes away from footy, and most of the time, once they leave they don't come back.
I agreed a system is needed for top end talent transfers, but stopping a bunch of lads playing together when they are middle of the road type players is plain stupid.
by RooShootOhh
Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and they bloody deserve to - the most insipid display i've seen in all my years at the club.

I was extremely close to letting rip after the game.

Well done Kookas on their first win of the season :D
by Footy Chick
Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is what it is mate. There are some better signs in recent weeks but too late. Strong div and as I have said I have seen 3 sides this year that are as good as I have ever seen in div 4. Be a great finals series.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Only if the div four team has home ground advantage at the pastie. A win against the bushpigs at home and a draw today makes me think they would be higher on the ladder than seventh if they played every week on an odd shaped primary school sized oval
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Ep to win tomorrow

Salis in the other game!

Wait, theres football being played amongst all this?!?
by adr107
Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're coming across to the SAAFL next year but I've been reading the SAAFL forums for several years and it seems some of you blokes care far too much about B grade success and flags. Not much use making a B grade grand final if your A grade get relegated.
by Down the Hill
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

can not believe the rumours about hackam joining the hfl what a joke.i believe the hfl were forced to accept sedan.while on divisions i hope it will remain as is next year leave echunga where they are.while on the hfl how on earth do they select ovals for thr finals.i now understand they are considering maccy or birdwood when other ovals have not even been used for one final.
by 2old2slow
Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

#bleedredandblue wrote:Woodward to get some match fitness through the B grade now he is available to play, 13kgs heavier than he was last season!

11kgs of that is the stupid filthy beard he has going on.
by carey
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Alright Zartan - Pump the brakes now. We get it, you dont like Couzner, and dont rate Windebank.

Clubs dont always respond well to losing elimination finals - If you need additional proof, rewind 12 months and cast your mind back to that day. Im not sure everyone at IFFC would be proud of how things went down, just as I know people at Trinity arent proud with alot of what happened yesterday..

In answer to your question to Wonder Kid, comments made by neutral parties are generaly viewed as unbias, not necessarily a substance issue or more acceptable as such, but opinions of events can be clouded pending perspective and emotional involvement..

Hopefully we can move on from the club bashing and the rivalry between the clubs can continue into the future, but with a bigger element of respect involved - from both clubs

Good luck against Brahma this week in both grades, not often sides play each other in a semi final both coming off losses in week 1 of finals.. Extremely unique
by human_torpedo
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Ian Williamson also leaving eastern park to play for central United, with him on board they will be unstoppable.. give him the medal and give them the flag
by #bleedredandblue
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Eastern park to remain on -1 after the tribunal cleared us of the second headbutting charge.. Massive thank you to kilburn and Scott Galbraith in particular who probably had a chance to bury our season tonight but did the complete opposite and backed frielly and our football club 100%

Definitely earnt plenty of respect from a lot of people tonight, look forward to the return game later in the year and the beers will be on me the next few times we bump into each other! Champion
by #bleedredandblue
Wed May 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |