Search found 90 matches

Return

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A man is in a hotel lobby. He wants to ask the clerk a question. As he turns to go to the front desk, he accidentally bumps into a woman beside him and as he does, his elbow goes into her breast. They are both startled and he says, "Ma'am, if your heart is as soft as your breast, I know you'll forgive me." She replies, "if your penis is as hard as your elbow, I'm in room 1221.
by HH3
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Ok so I thought I would hold off for a bit about posting my thoughts in the A1r vs A2 debate because of the fact that we ended up losing a close one, but here are my first impressions.

1. The difference between the overall standard isn't as much as I had thought. There were only possibly two players in their team that were clearly of a much better standard than us, and looking at the scorecard I'm sure you could work that out.

2. Coming from the A3s and into the A2s this year, suddenly having to play 75 overs instead of 65 felt like a huge jump. Those 10 overs don't sound like much of a difference but they sure felt like it. If course me being a far bastard who can't field wouldn't help that situation either. And it was probably only overs 65-75 on day one where lyndoch beat us. Maybe you could shorten it to 65 overs each, which would promote closer games

3. The one real problem I have with the system is what happened after we had lost. The next 70 overs felt like a waste, playing for time. Of course lyndoch were pushing for an outright, which is fair enough, but whether they got there or not didn't really matter to us. If we were directly competing with them on the ladder there would be a huge incentive for us to avoid an outright because of the obvious effects an outright has on the ladder, it could cost us a finals berth or whatever. But since they were gathering points for their own comp, the whole second day after we lost was playing for maybe a two points at most. If the same situation happens this week we would have been trying much harder to stop an outright.

Obviously there is pride involved and that is a relevant factor.

Big week this week, Freeling vs Angaston A1 and A2 double header, has the potential to shape both grades in the early part of the season

1. Agreed and as you proved you will be competitive but rarely win if you were to be in the A1res comp all year. Players at your club would soon lose interest if losing every week. It is that advantage of a couple class players over the b grade side that will always make the difference.

2.Agreed, yes that last 10 overs is a massive difference, but then again if your on your way up in your career its something you should get used to. I would love to have seen it stay at 65 but hey its only for one match out of 14. I love the fact in the 2s and 3s you can finish before 5pm, on the 1st day of our recent game 13 wickets fell and we still finished at 4 40. thus i have become a massive fan of the Melbourne spring carnival leaving the Caulfield Cup and Cox plate to the last race of the day.

3. I can see your point in that you had nothing but pride to play for but had Lyndoch been smarter they could have dangled the carrot for you guys more by setting a more than realistic target like say 120 off 30 overs. For the reasons you outlined it didnt matter if Lyndoch lost outright to you.
Hopefully you do find yourself in the same position this week ;)
It is something I will push for in our crossover game vs Mallala. Would be a win win if we both got 10 points.
I was a fan of the rule for no outright points in these games but can see why we didnt go down that path.

Yes massive week in the Ango/Freeling battles.
Ango looking to go a very small way to atoning for 2 grand finals defeats at the hands of the redlegs last year.
The 2s has last years a3 premiers against a side that only won 2 games in the 2s last year. Should see Freeling smash the Panthers ;)
Tip- Days to eat Bennymacca followed by a main of Tom Carmichael :D
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

wristwatcher wrote:**** it, I'm taking an hour off of work tomorrow and having a look.

i was thinking the same thing for friday
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

A new Ashes helpline for the English Cricketers
1800-10-10-10

1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing
by mal
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

cheers, thats the one
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nah we pay **** heaps. I'm on $1k a wicket. Freeling 4 lyf!!!
by jakovasaurus
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Association has called off all Saturday's games
by Jim05
Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scud I can't even believe you are arguing this. If the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't have even been mentioned. I thought the rules stated on a Friday not Saturday that if it's 40 or above the game is called off. So you got lucky with the Saturday then a verbal error was made. Didn't change the fact that 43 was on the screen on 9 news and every other station including the BOM website. Not to mention channel 9 have admitted the mistake with 2 committee members being told from channel 9 as well. It's a disgrace it is going to execs to decide. What about the 100's of other teams that have missed out on finals because of the weather. It's just part and parcel of the game.
by Papas
Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

locky801 wrote:
stampy wrote:all this bagging for not enforcing the follow on is absolute rubbish, like a hairy box it has gone by the wayside,

heard the hairy box was back. :D

Not in my household :)
by bennymacca
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hats off to Freeling, best A1 team in the comp by a bit. Will take some stopping over the next year or two.
Enjoy the frothies tonight lads, these things go in cycles so hopefully another side can step up to the plate and challenge them
by Red Rocket
Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done and congratulations to all the premiers in every grade,
To the bloke who said lucky they had Woodards , played A1s most of the year.. Well he did until he couldn't bowl because of a back injury once he couldn't bowl he played 50/50 1's and 2's and played the last round plus semi in the A2s so don't come on here and try to make it sound like we stacked our 2s team, he bats at 8 in our A1s when he plays... Was just a great individual effort, besides if he didn't ton up then in sure days would've ;)

Also Raed Hannum is a JET... That is all , see ya next year lads!!
by scud
Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers mate, 2 years in a row for joint winners.

Yeah not sure why you didn't get anything for the 1 day final that seems a bit weird.

Any idea on how Chris McLean went in the voting?
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Amazing to think its only taken 12 hours for everyone on here to really only talk about his weight, KFC, Hungry Jacks etc. The bloke is a quality cricketer (and bloke for that matter), these types of comments are ridiculous and are unrequired. Lets just let him score his runs and not snipe him when he isnt scoring runs because apparently he is overweight. Thrived down in Tasmania and at Glamorgan and at club level when the coaches told him runs are what you get picked on. He is no hack recruit like some of SACA's in the past, lets embrace him back in SA cricket and get around a home grown product in the SACA sides.
by the star
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

I didn't hear any of this abuse or banter or whatever it is you guys want to call it. Certainly wasn't directed towards me. Maybe it's because I am male and under 60.

Well I'm sure if you are looking for any abuse the next time you're out this way, audibly airing this type of hackneyed bullshit might get things moving.

You happy to back up your statement that Centrals supporters only abuse women over 60?

Big call.
Never let it be said we don't have a healthy respect for equal opportunity.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Realizing that my best mate died six years ago today.

****, I miss him...

Sorry to hear mate. Keep your head up mate, I'm sure he is looking down on you.

Cheers, mate.

I'm trying my best today, as I do every day, but time doesn't make it any easier. I know he'd be disappointed that I'm sulking about it. I just can't help it.
by Failed Creation
Mon May 05, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - live scores, results and chin wagging.

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Hanners should of kicked that f**k Buddy!

swans are looking for him a little to much, schoenmakers now on him

Had Cheney on him on that contest and he just pushed him aside. Schoemakers needs to be on Franklin the whole game.
by The Dark Knight
Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Tip 1 (from Johno)

If your missus doesn't feel like having sex, A) Don't force her to. B) Don't do it with someone else.
by Johno6
Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Chances of getting much sympathy for anything for a very long time is almost at nil... winning an argument - nil....
by woodublieve12
Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

I'd like a yellow footy that lasts more than a fortnight in June.
by Q.
Fri May 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The lack of apathy for the daily ( not just the last 2 weeks ) murder of Palestinians.

"Naughty Israel" ?
by shoe boy
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Makes me feel old, but my lad turned 18 yesterday and out for dinner last night, he brought me a beer!! :lol:

Cheeky bastard got me a butcher of light. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Anyway. I believe Grants version

No one says "I'm gonna bash you" anymore, especially from the SCS
by johntheclaret
Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that you rate!

Taking my class to the Ladies of Variety Surprise Party for with children with special needs at the Adelaide Convention Centre (an amazing event in itself) and seeing all the SANFL mascots there, and kids lining up to have their photo taken with them
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Thanks Petoe we are well aware of where we are at and where we want to go. We have been in the bottom 3 for 4 years now and hardly made an impact since making 3 consecutive A grade finals series in 2006,07,08. A conscious decision was made at the end of 2012 season to concentrate on other areas rather than overpay recruits to merely try to win 3 or 4 games. Really there is bugger all difference between the bottom 3 clubs we are all struggling equally although I'd kill for their 3 wins or even just 1 right now.

Anyone that has been down to the club of late would've noticed that quite a bit has happened over the last 3 months and a heap more WILL happen before the start of next season. We have a good core group of senior players, some really good juniors coming through but we certainly need some help especially in key positions. Coming into the season we thought we were up for a better year but in the space of about 4 weeks suffered a huge blow losing Baxter to the mines, Ky Miller who we let out of contract to an offer 5 x ours to KNTFL and a few others who committed with them. From there it's been an uphill battle but we've shown a lot of heart pushed a lot of sides for a half or 3/4s but as the injuries mounted up and our lack of depth was exposed our results have deteriorated. The footy gods have definitely not smiled upon us either losing our CHF & CHB in the same collision which saw them both break bones and end their seasons. The Crawf game was a distraction we didn't need and lost a few in the wake of that loss also but we chose to give the experience to some young men who will help take our club forward in the future. That day will hold them in good stead.

Although putting 2 senior teams on the park has been a battle of late the spirit is still there and a greater bunch of people you never will meet. The club is in the best position it has been off field since the merger hopefully that can start translating to on field but that will still take a lot of hard work and perseverance. Overall It's been a bloody tough year but a lot of reason for optimism. We don't accept our results this season, it will burn in our guts and we will fight hard to make sure it doesn't happen again.
by lion heart
Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

goldsack would fill the role vacated by otten i would think. not sure i 100% agree with it but if he is going cheap then there are certainly worse players out there. would rather him than gwilt.

and jenkins did kick 40 goals this year. if we can get 40 from jenkins, 40-50 from betts, and 40-50 from tex next year, and 20 each from pods and lynch, that is a pretty damn good forward line.

terry wallace made a great point on the radio this arvo. he said the crows were the team that he was frustrated by the most, because they should be much better than what they show.

we have probably the best stopper in the league, one of the better half back flanks, one of the best ruckmen, the third best attack in the league, and a midfield that contains sloane and dangerfield, and yet we only finished 10th!

his observation was that if the crows were allowed to play "their" way, they played really well, but as soon as someone put a stop to that, usually by pressuring the ball carrier to force turnovers, they were really really average and their plan B just didnt stack up.

I think that sums up the crows perfectly. is it coaching? possibly. they mentioned someone like neil balme as a possible football director, which i think would be a great get if possible. we definitely need some more experienced people to help out sando.

one thing he didnt mention which i think is pretty obvious is that our defence is pretty leaky this year, except for talia. we were exposed by having thompson, otten, hartigan or henderson as the third tall, as they are all pretty average when left one out.
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

I really feel for young Abbott too, it's going to be very tough for him too
by Brodlach
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Very sad, i am struggling to accept the news to be honest. I convinced myself he would pull through! Although a lot of us don't see eye to eye on this forum, it's times like these that being part of the SA Footy community gives us a place where we can talk about such a tradegy and try and get through. I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm pretty frazzled. Someone lost a son a brother a friend a teammate and all round gentleman today.
by Coach Bombay
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terrible day for Australia and world sport. Horrible sickening feeling and I don't know if there has been a worse day in Australian sport.
This will change forever the way we play cricket. I also think in memory of such a tragic event this bloke should never be forgotten @ any stage on the ultimate stage. I would personally like to see the the Baggy Green re-named the Phil Hughes in memory of its importance to Australian Cricket.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

63* not out forever, the same empty feeling as when Hookesy passed away, RIP..
by Brad
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On November 16, Australia lost its 27th Test captain Ian Craig and his passing left barely a ripple on the Australian public, excepting some eulogies in the sports media.
In fact, Sheffield Shield players in the South Australia versus Victoria game taking place at the time did not even wear black armbands, leaving some long-time cricket commentators disappointed.
Craig played just 11 Tests for Australia, between 1953 and 1958.
For such a short career, he achieved much: he was the youngest Australian Test cricketer and became the youngest man ever to have captained his country.
So much was expected of this young man that he was labeled the next Don Bradman, an 'honour' with mixed blessings bestowed on many young Australian cricketers over the next 50 years.
It was a false title because, as we all know, there could only be one Don.
Like Craig, Phillip Hughes, who passed away just 11 days later, was a young batting prodigy who came from New South Wales and was labeled the 'next big thing'; thankfully, the title of the 'next Don Bradman' being passed to talented batsmen had all but faded by the time Hughes made his Test debut against South Africa, 56 years after Craig had stepped out to face the same country.
Hughes' youth at the time of selection, 20, saw him also go on to achieve records for his nation – the youngest player to score two centuries in the same Test being the most notable.
Both men were born in rural New South Wales; Craig in Yass, and Hughes in Macksville.
By all reports, they were unaffected by the fame which playing for their nation attracted to them.
Craig's career was short, only five years, and featured just two half-centuries.
Illness and then a business career curtailed what could have been a lengthy stay under the Baggy Green.
A pharmacist, Craig eventually became the Australian manager of a significant pharmaceutical business and remained involved in cricket as an administrator, passing away in that famous cricketing town of Bowral, aged 79.
And that is where the tragedy lies in the death of Phillip Hughes.
Our nation has not mourned the loss of a player in the midst of his career since the infinitely talented Archie Jackson (who played his first Test as a 19 year old), died at the age of 23 in 1933, during the infamous Bodyline tour.
Ian Craig retired from cricket at the age of 26, a milestone Hughes was to have attained on Sunday.
While we will never know whether Hughes would have played Tests for Australia again and we will never know how many runs he would have scored, the real tragedy is that he was so young.
While Ian Craig's passing was sad, it came at the end of a life that had achieved much and given to so many.
Like Archie Jackson before him, Phillip Hughes will never have that chance.
And that is the reason so much grief has been expressed by cricket lovers across the world.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got home last night and my 11yo was in tears, old enough to understand what went on but to young to understand how fragile life is. Cried himself to sleep last night and it broke my heart.

We found Phil's signature on his autograph bat from last year, something for him to treasure.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching the NZ v PAK test at the minute what a terrible thing that we lost our little brother ......A minutes silence before the game kiwi boys crying all have P.H written on their shirts then a wicket in the 2nd over pakky captain caught behind not one kiwi boy celebrated gotta love our neighbours :cry:
by dogsrbarkin
Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australians. The way they have respected Phil Hughes right the way around the world has been incredible. From all sports. We are a bloody good country.
by Brodlach
Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

I feel terribly for all the players that were there. Haddin made a lunge to try & catch Phil as he fell, Warner was right there & ran to the boundary to get help, Abbot holding his head - heart breaking, Tom Cooper who lived with him & was batting with him & took Phils pads off carefully on the boundary.
Callum Ferg & Cosgrove who had batted with him for long periods earlier in the day & lots others.
All the talk & concern has been about the Aust players & fair enough but not much has been really mentioned about the welfare of the SA boys, who had to return home without their mate. He had played a lot more with the SA lads in recent times.
by Yangebup
Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

bennymacca wrote:i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for Sough ;)

It makes it tough!
by The Angry Bull
Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

and another goes past Burns at batpad
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

Stars what a bunch of flogs. Cheat win IMO
by LBT
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My Father in law dying this morning on Fathers Day in the RAH in a f@cken room with 3 bloody other patients. Despite having private medical we had to have all the family come through and say goodbye in the presence of strangers. All the private rooms where bring used by prisoners and other people. Hard to believe a dying man can't get a bloody room. Even when the doctor said maybe another two hours we had upto a dozen people on a share room.

Absolute ******* disgrace they could not find a room in an entire hospital in his last 24 hours. We had to endure our time of grief with people who were taking shits 3 feet from us, having the TV blaring and loud phone conversations. I don't blame the patients but the RAH and the system is f@cked.

RIP Dad

That is awful, not allowing a dying man the dignity to do so in peace amongst family.

Very sorry to hear,I hope Katy is ok. The even sadder thing here is that he missed out on meeting his new grandchild.

Thoughts with you both.

Thanks Lisa and BoundaryRider.

What's done Is done. Perhaps a carefully worded email to the appropriate management after the funeral to ensure no other family has to experience that. I can't help but feel if we had of been of a different cultural background perhaps a room would have been made available. My wife, sister in law and mother in law were amazing in the quiet humility they dealt with such a horrible exit.

Very sad that Ray won't meet his first Grandchild but he did get to hear her heartbeat.

Katy was pretty stressed, emotional and started getting nose bleeds so I took her straight to North Eastern and her and baby are both fine now. That place is like the Hilton compared to the RAH.
by wristwatcher
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

redden whites wrote:Any Henry Slattery tribunal news anyone?

Won't be too many tribunal decisions handed down at the Schluter - not official ones anyway. Worst dressed might cop some games. Worst 'do'?
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

South U15's Premiers.
Won by 16 points, cracking game with both side having some real jets out there.
Decent crowd at the ground already and the oval looks a treat
by Jim05
Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

AFL have really got the after match presentation right

Andrew McLeod a great choice to hand out the norm smith and continuing to have the kids handing out the medals is a great touch

'Your my hero Jack'
by whufc
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to Jamie's Italian last night.

Friend booked in and it took like 3 months to get in for a group of 9. So no surprise when we rock at 8 and it is still PACKED.

For entree they had some different types of Breads for $2.50, which was great.

Mains were reasonably priced ~$25 for a main and I had the Beef Raghu which was very nice - not the best I have had, but still very nice.

Shared a Dessert - an "epic" Brownie, which was possibly the most chocolatey thing I have had - no way I could have had one by myself, but sharing one for $11 was great.

They dont split bills, but I reckon i chucked in $100 for two of us including drinks, which I am happy with.

Overall I would recommend - not fine dining, but good food at decent prices - assuming you can actually get a table any time soon
by bennymacca
Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The birth of my first son, Angus Craig, last night. Mum and baby doing well. So pumped!
by bennymacca
Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The birth of my first son, Angus Craig, last night. Mum and baby doing well. So pumped!

Congrats mate. A post truly worthy of this thread x 1,000,000. 8)

I beat you by a week with Mrs Wristy going in for emergency C section on Saturday the 3rd and giving birth to mini wristette.

Enjoy the journey brother.

Congrats mate, such an awesome time in ones life!!

Thanks lads.

Apparently he kept wifey up most of the night but he has been sleeping whenever I have been here basically, so good cuddle time.
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

I see Souths were 6/26 and then batted the day out ending only 8 down. Pretty good effort
by Spinner
Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just ******* sad.
I've spoken to people today who have lost everything.
I've spoken to folks who've fled the fires.
I've spoken to folks fighting the fires.
I was worried about my wife, who was at work in the fire zone.
I've spoken to people who had close calls.

I feel shit. I feel helpless.
But I don't feel as bad as those who are at immediate risk now, or who have lost everything.

I'm thankful for what I have and today is just another reason to be thankful.

LM and BR, my thoughts are with you and yours.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was talking to a Freeling mate this morning, someone you'd know, no doubt, and he was feeling a bit the same. Unsure of what to do, as it this point there's not much that he can do to help - buildings etc too hot to do any cleaning up yet.
He got home to find his gutters overflowing with water, meaning the water bomber had dropped a nice big load on his house.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |